Metagame NFE Metagame

OK so before I get into my new post PLEASE read this one as it goes through tiering policy which is what we use to base bans off of and it shows serv is not ban worthy. I personally put a lot of merit into tiering policy because of how ive been told to properly determine whether to ban something through experience.

Scapegoated Servine - A Metagame Post

Overview

In this first post, I will not be responding to any posts made by my favorite smoghorse Simbo or any others, I will merely be running down the tiering policy with a possible servine ban in mind. Tiering policy is what tiers use to determine whether a pokemon is ban worthy and will be linked here. Now let's jump right into it!

Uncompetitive

The tiering policy thread defines uncompetitive as "elements that reduce the effect of player choice / interaction on the end result to an extreme degree, such that "more skillful play" is almost always rendered irrelevant." To ban servine under this definition you have to prove that the more skillful player loses games as a direct result of servine while also balancing it with the assumption in tiering policy that "Probability management is a part of the game." Now that that is laid out we have to examine the specific bullet points within the uncompetitive framework.

• This can be matchup related; think the determination that Baton Pass took the battling skill aspect out of the player's hands and made it overwhelmingly a team matchup issue, where even the best moves made each time by a standard team often were not enough.
  • This can be external factors; think Endless Battle Clause, where the determining factor became internet connection over playing skill.
  • This can be probability management issues; think OHKOs, evasion, or Moody, all of which turned the battle from emphasizing battling skill to emphasizing the result of the RNG more often than not.
1) Servine is no where near the same as baton pass and has numerous both defensive and offensive counters and checks, there is a lot of counterplay around servine and if the more skillful player wins on a set turn servine does not magically pull it back for the other persons team, assuming the more skilled player also has an equally good, if not better, team.

2) There are no external factors that influence whether servine should or should not be banned

3) This is the only place in the uncompetitive section of the tiering policy where servine could be considered ban worthy. However, as previously stated, probability management is a part of the game, and servine's usage of the move Glare is no where near the other listed issues. Not only do many servines not have the ability to even fit glare onto their sets, paralysis has been a part of pokemon for years and servine's counters can still get around it in nearly all cases, goinig against the usage of the words "almost always" that would be needed to ban serv. Also, servines main move, has a fairly high chance of missing, so if you chose to argue down this street you have to look at how the luck is fair on both sides, does not give one player an edge with removing skillful play, and that probability is a part of the game

Broken
Next, the tiering policy thread defines broken as "elements that are too good relative to the rest of the metagame such that "more skillful play" is almost always rendered irrelevant. ". To ban servine under this definition you have to prove that a team without servine is worse than a team with servine or that servines counters are all niche. Now that that is laid out we have to examine the specific bullet points within the broken framework.

• These aren't necessarily completely uncompetitive because they don't take the determining factor out of the player's hands; both can use these elements and both probably have a fair chance to win. They are broken because they almost dictate / require usage, and a standard team without one of them facing a standard team with one of them would be at a drastic disadvantage.
  • These also include elements whose only counters or checks are extraordinarily niche Pokemon that would put the team at a large disadvantage elsewhere.
  • Uncompetitive and Broken defined like this tend to be mutually exclusive in practice, but they aren't necessarily entirely so.
    • Baton Pass was deemed uncompetitive because of how drastically it removed battling skill's effects and brought the battle down to matchup, but it could also be deemed broken because of the unique ways in which you had to deal with it.
    • While this isn't always the case, an uncompetitive thing probably isn't broken, but a broken thing is more likely to be uncompetitive simply due to the unique counter / check component. For example, Mega Kangaskhan was deemed broken because it was simply too good relative to the rest of the metagame and caused the tier to centralize around it, but it could also be labeled as uncompetitive because of the severe team matchup restriction it caused by punishing players if they did not pack one of the few obscure counters or checks for it.
1) Many teams do not run a servine and are still fine, while of course an S rank pokemon is splashable in the metagame, it is nowhere near required to use. If anything it is the opposite, when you have the servine vs servine mirrors is where you see battling skill come to play, and in situations where people use to use both rose/serv together they leave themselves open to pokemon elsewhere. This actually causes the metagame to have many diverse cores and offensive pokemon that can stand out on different teams.

2) There are both counters and checks to servine in the current meta. Fire types / haunter / coverage moves on frog are all popular, scarf staravia also exists on the offensive side. On the defensive side teams have grimer / rose / slig / toge. While with the right support and gameplay servine CAN break through these mons, it requires skillful play by the servine user to get to that point. Z moves and niche pokemon also exist to work around servine which is healthy for the meta. Servine does not fit into this category as there are checks and counters to servine that are not niche. If anything servine having some niche counters/checks and common counters/checks makes it healthier in the meta with more diversity and ideas to explore.

3) Servine is not comparable to baton pass or mega kanga because, while one could argue that servine is somewhat centeralizing, servine does not remove battling skill or have obscure checks and counters. I personally believe that there could be more room to explore with servines stats and calcs previously brought up, but servine cannot run all those sets and moves at the same time / its checks are already common in the meta / and S rank pokemon will have some degree of centralization to them inherently

Unhealthy
Finally, the tiering policy thread defines unhealthy as "elements that are neither uncompetitive nor broken yet are deemed undesirable for the metagame such that they inhibit "skillful play" to a large extent." Before I go into how to apply this to servine, I will first acknowledge that I personally will avoid using this at all costs as I take the wording of the tiering policy on it very seriously. The tiering policy thread states the following -
  • This is the most controversial and subjective one and will therefore be used the most sparingly. The Tiering Councils will only use this amidst drastic community outcry and a conviction that the move will noticeably result in the better player winning over the lesser player.
  • When trying to argue a particular element's suspect status, please avoid this category unless absolutely necessary. This is a last-ditch, subjective catch-all, and tiering arguments should focus on uncompetitive or broken first. We are coming to a point in the generations where the number of threats is close to overwhelming, so we may touch upon this more often, but please try to focus on uncompetitive and broken first.
I do not believe for a second that banning servine will cause the better player winning over the lesser player at any higher rate nor that there is enough outcry for the ban to come close to calling for that. Now, to ban servine under an unhealthy definition you have to prove that a servine inhibits skillful play and is undesirable for the metagame to a point where it calls for this drastic of a ban. I would also like to reiterate that something cannot be both unhealthy and broken/uncompetitive by definition and for me to ever consider this I would need to see much more community outcry. Now, lets jump into the remaining parts of the unhealthy framework.

• These are elements that may not limit either team building or battling skill enough individually but combine to cause an effect that is undesirable for the metagame.
  • This can also be a state of the metagame. If the metagame has too much diversity wherein team building ability is greatly hampered and battling skill is drastically reduced, we may seek to reduce the number of good-to-great threats. This can also work in reverse; if the metagame is too centralized around a particular set of Pokemon, none of which are broken on their own, we may seek to add Pokemon to increase diversity.
1) Going back to the previous things I have mentioned, probability management is part of the game and servine does require skill to pilot. Also, there are many offensive checks and defensive counters to servine, with Z moves and niche pokemon only increasing this list and the diversity in the meta. While in theory you could argue down this route, I will discourage anyone from doing this because unhealthy should be used sparingly if at all and a servine ban will not even have a provable positive impact on the meta later on. This specific section is vague for a reason, and while that could be used to justify a servine ban, the examples given in the older tiering policy for this section have been a ban on stealth rocks and scald, which cannot be compared to servine.

2) We are not and should not be adding Pokemon and servine ban does not fit inside the "too much diversity" framework. I doubt I need to say more here

tl;dr serv is really good in the meta but doesn't fit into the tiering policy definitions well enough for me to consider voting ban on it in the near future nor will I ever vote ban based on servine having a slim chance of fitting under unhealthy, which has been clearly stated to avoid using.

expect another post from me soonish responding specifically to simbo and others

viper, out o7
================================================================

now ill respond to a few things in other pro ban posts

View attachment 194829

got reqs last night, voting ban unless someone on no ban can actually give a convincing argument about this mon not being super constricting on teambuilding.

Also everybody says to just use rose and fires, yeah? lets look over rose's MU's w/ all the top mons of the meta and what it can do to them, if anything just to prove my point on this shitmon being a restraint on teambuilding. gonna assume standard spdef rather than my fast rose spread that gains a better MU vs 1 variant of serv and stuff that goes to creep it

Oh also i'd like to use this post for my own vr nom when servine innevitably gets banned,
Roselia to Unranked.
Because Imagine giving Seaking an S rank. fuck that. ban servine. the fact that rose got s rank bc of serv, and only serv, means serv's completely broken. and this trashmon rose having 40% usage despite losing to fucking everything good is just more proof that servine's effect on the metagame is a SEVERE detriment.
Rose is consistently one of the better pokemon in the meta because of spikes, utility in sleep powder, and sets like specs that make up for its usage. rose is not a product of serv by any means and there are many teams that can afford to use specs rose in a serv meta.

Also, when looking at specific cases a lot of offensive teams can afford to not pack a servine counter on there, increasing team building diversity. ive personally had a 3 dragons team where the only servine counter-esq mon was alolan grimer that continues to work well in the meta.

if you are asking for rose to be lower on viability rankings pop off but there are incredible logical leaps you have to take to assume rose is only good because of servine.

3) The offensive Bird and Fire Types Argument

All offensive bird and fire type teams still primarily rely on Serv and Roselia as defensive Serv checks, the fact that offensive birds and fire are checks is valid, but nearly all these teams still rely on Serv and Rose as the defensive backbone for their team, and that's primarily for other Serv. Yes, Serv and Rose check other Pokemon. However, every team needs a defensive Glare/Knock/Storm switchin on top of offensive checks and that's why Rose and Serv have 80% total usage in the tier and why every other Grass-type is dogshit. These birds and fires are also really easy to chip down during a game. They all take either 25% from rocks and/or have recoil-based STAB attacks. The odds of them surviving long enough to check serv late game is low and some of my replays showcase this. You also need good hazard removal for these teams and who pairs well with offensive bird and fire types as a good Stealth Rock fogger? Servine.

Total Rufflet Tour Usage in Serv/Rose meta: | 27 | Rufflet | 22 | 5.39% | 45.45% |
How many times was Rufflet paired with Rose/Serv
| 102 | Rufflet / Servine | 13 | 3.19% | 53.85% |
| 218 | Rufflet / Roselia | 6 | 1.47% | 33.33% |

19/22 Uses featured Serv or Rose as a partner.

Rufflet's the easiest one to quantify because its a fairly niche breaker. Pokemon such as Staravia, Monferno, Magmar and Combusken have different roles for teams and the first two are pretty splashable. I'll give you the usage stats though, to prove that even teams with heavy offensive counterplay for Serv still rely on the same defensive Serv or Rose as their defensive checks because you can't get away with just offensive checks.

Total Monferno Tour Usage in Serv/Rose meta: | 2 | Monferno | 149 | 36.52% | 50.34% |
| 3 | Monferno / Servine | 58 | 14.22% | 53.45% |
| 5 | Roselia / Monferno | 55 | 13.48% | 52.73% |

Not as high as Rufflet but about 65% of Monfs are paired with a serv or a rose.

Total Combusken Tour Usage in Serv/Rose meta: | 20 | Combusken | 33 | 8.09% | 45.45% |
| 102 | Servine / Combusken | 13 | 3.19% | 61.54% |
| 146 | Roselia / Combusken | 9 | 2.21% | 22.22% |

21/33, again about 64%

Total Staravia Tour Usage in Serv/Rose meta: | 10 | Staravia | 82 | 20.10% | 48.78% |
| 16 | Staravia / Roselia | 42 | 10.29% | 52.38% |
| 48 | Staravia / Servine | 25 | 6.13% | 48.00% |

67/82, its paired with Serv or Rose.

The point is, offensive checks alone cannot get you by against Serv. They cannot switch into Glare because they lose their entire purpose of being fast breakers if they do, they usually are frail and get chipped easily, and rarely do they survive til the lategame. A lot of the more common breakers such as Monf and Busk also typically sacrifice themselves to chip Pokemon like Marshtomp too. These Pokemon arent used just for serv so they cant survive long enough to consistently act as a check, and thats why nearly all teams with these kinds of offensive counterplay still pack a Serv or Rose.

4) Arguing against some of these antiban posts

I'm too lazy to argue against every specific point raised by people, but if you do have an antiban argument you want to lob my way, tag me on Discord.

A general point I want to make towards all antiban people is that they seem to heavily want to overestimate servs capabilities, then claim that because it doesn't do everything it wants to do, its flawed and healthy. If servines biggest flaw is that it cannot often act as an early game defensive check and wall softener then sweep late game, that supports proban, not antiban. If serv was genuinely capable of shrugging off hits like that early game, switching into a third of the tier, then still pick up three kills late game, there would be no debate. No other Pokemon, except maybe clef, even offers you the ability to play any role from defensive support, wall softener, or wallbreaker/wincon at team preview. Serv lets you pick which role you want it to play at preview and is so good, it can still do multiple roles in a game. No other Pokemon can invest fully into its defenses, while still being one of the most potent breakers in the tier, and it also has the option to luck through checks if all else fails. A lot of my replays showcase this, servine switches into attacks and clicks Knock and Glare early game, then survives long enough to break late game. If you expect it to do all this every game, again, you expect far too much. The fact that serv is capable of so much in a meta which heavily preps for it is proof that its incredibly centralising.

Another general point I want to make is to fully explain how Serv has warped the meta. Many of you cite the argument of 'I can slap a lot of the most viable mons on a team and naturally have multiple checks, both offensive and defensive to serv so it doesnt affect me in builder'. To those people, I'd ask you to look at our top used Pokemon and our VR. Number 1, 2 and 5 of the most used Pokemon in this meta is Serv, Rose and Grimer, 1, 2 and 3 for best defensive Serv checks. Number 3 is Monferno, one of Serv's better offensive checks, 10 is staravia, offensive sets are typically seen as reliable offensive checks, 11 is haunter, then you have two 'checks' in steel types Pawn and Metang at 13 and 14, and then vull, toge and combusken take 18, 19, and 20 respectively. 11 of our top 20 mons in terms of usage are either its best defensive counterplay, decent offensive checks or mons that are seen as checks but aren't. How is Serv still the best Pokemon in the tier despite this heavy level of warping and the fact that half of our top 20 mons in terms of usage check it defensively or offensively? People pack so much counterplay for it, either naturally or consciously, but it's still the best mon in the tier and still is capable of sweeping while performing defensive and wall softening roles.
More importantly, I see people complain a lot about Machoke recently. Why aren't you using Gloom or Quilladin or other defensive Machoke counters? Because you can't. Using any Grass-type that isn't serv or rose heavily weakens your serv matchup to the point where you would have to stack checks upon checks to not outright lose to it and 5 teammates. Servine has warped this meta to heavily favour spdef walls which defensively check it. Roselia and Vullaby are the big two. You need incredibly sturdy defensive serv counterplay because of how easy it is for serv to boost up. No other high ranking offensive Pokemon in the tier can boost and attack with ease like serv does, while weakening its own checks and counters with knock/glare to potentially break past them, or allow a teammate to beat them, later in the game. Plus it then can tank even SE STAB from our strongest special attackers; none of our fast frail special attackers come close to boasting that.
im gonna respond to these specific points by simbo cause the replay's one is filled with holes and i encourage people to look at what the players do to allow a servine sweep as 90% of the time it is just because the servine user was better or luck (which is explicitly said in TP happens)

3) if servine is being used a defogger to these pokemon you would be able to play around it even easier in game. on paper ofc it looks overwhelming cause ur assuming the serv is carrying like 7 moves. sure birds and fires can be chipped but when they are chipped they are usually clearing a path to the OPPOSING PLAYERS wincon. people arent just sacking these pokemon and servine is not good enough to force people into playing poorly which is not shown in your replays either. other grass types are dogshit cause serv and rose are good yes, shocker. we have also developed into different hazard removers, these then check serv as well because of how meta has developed in a healthy way.

4) no, what antiban people say is that YOU are the ones assuming that serv can do all this stuff on paper when in practice it is balanced and does not fit TP policy of bannable. there are many pokemon that can sweep teams with relative bulk with proper support this isnt a new idea. nfe is a tier built around all these conflicting wincons which is why this specific wincon in serv that isnt as good in practice is not ban worthy.

next point is 1) if you look even before serv got its jump in usage these pokemon were still on the top of viability and 2) serv is NOT still busted with the way the meta is now which in part is due to healthy meta advancement. serv is not dictated usage on a team by any means.

also 3) machoke is another case of teams adapting to serv style teams. you site these steel mons that work well with serv and there is a reason why machoke is a great breaker when people themselves constrict themselves to using serv. a serv team is not perfect and gets overwhelmed by breakers like machoke BECAUSE of their inherent strength and weaknesses. there are more team styles than serv teams and anti-serv teams and you seem to neglect this in most of your posts on this mon. i personally enjoy a tier where prep can be made if people are spamming serv and if they arent to improve the quality of tour games.

===============

also brief responce to ktut

its not that easy to make a serv team if you have to include all these mons simbo is saying you need to which leaves you open to other breakers. serv teams are a specific style that is good in the meta right now, but you can get away with not using a serv and still being fine.

==============

once again i really URGE people to read the WHOLE tiering policy post. this is one of the things we should be basing bans off of. it highlights what we should be looking for in a ban and servine does not fit it.

also as a general add on, please refrain from using perceived metagame benefits when figuring out whether to ban a mon, look at the mon itself not the future as there are multiple rabbit holes you could go down w that

apologies if this post was a bit jumbled, am a tad sick and busy irl but i hope this covers a good bit of stuff and ill try to be open on discord to talk
also rip spelling mistakes cause im not reading over this gang

voting no ban if that isnt clear

voop out

As someone who was solidly on the side of ban servine for a long while, I have to say newly made arguments have convinced me that servine is not unhealthy in the current meta. I don't feel the need to rehash old arguments but when common threats like Grimer-Alola and Roselia (who is more broken due to spikes imo) counter Servine quite reliably, Servine is not an issue that needs to be banned. In particular to arguments about Glare, if we are using luck due to paralysis as an argument to make something broken, may as well throw in anything that gets Thunder Wave as well. Servine has incredible role compression being able to Defog, Knock Off, set itself up with an attacking move and heal off damage via Synthesis, but while being splashable is great it does not have the power to "muscle through its checks" like we have seen argued. A paralyzed Monferno still OHKOs Servine with Flare Blitz, you are relying on luck at that point for that paralysis. I'm probably phrasing this terribly but I will be voting NO BAN on Servine.

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
NFEPL 3 Wrap Up Post

Congratulations to the Ferocious Ferroseeds for winning NFEPL 3!

Manager: Bloodace
Co-Manager: Anime Sans
Unofficial Co-Manager: Tack

Players: Bloodace, Tack, DadoRossoFuoco, King Leo V, xHys, Alexander489, SBPC, PhantomHurious, Monsareeasy (Arctic), ShuckleDeath, Huston, Broken Phobias, MechSteelix

Full Records, Teams, Results, and Replays can be found on the NFEPL 3 Document. Shoutouts to Serene Grace for lobbing me the LPL spreadsheet to use for NFEPL.

NFEPL 3 Doc

SM NFE Usage Stats

+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon | Use | Usage % | Win % |
| 1 | Servine | 111 | 41.11% | 54.05% |
| 2 | Roselia | 101 | 37.41% | 48.51% |
| 3 | Machoke | 97 | 35.93% | 47.42% |
| 4 | Monferno | 91 | 33.70% | 51.65% |
| 5 | Grimer-Alola | 80 | 29.63% | 52.50% |
| 5 | Marshtomp | 80 | 29.63% | 50.00% |
| 7 | Clefairy | 78 | 28.89% | 53.85% |
| 8 | Kadabra | 71 | 26.30% | 47.89% |
| 9 | Electabuzz | 62 | 22.96% | 51.61% |
| 10 | Gabite | 56 | 20.74% | 51.79% |
| 11 | Staravia | 55 | 20.37% | 49.09% |
| 12 | Haunter | 50 | 18.52% | 48.00% |
| 13 | Metang | 48 | 17.78% | 54.17% |
| 14 | Pawniard | 46 | 17.04% | 54.35% |
| 15 | Frogadier | 44 | 16.30% | 52.27% |
| 15 | Vullaby | 44 | 16.30% | 50.00% |
| 17 | Mareanie | 37 | 13.70% | 56.76% |
| 18 | Krokorok | 36 | 13.33% | 50.00% |
| 19 | Magmar | 24 | 8.89% | 62.50% |
| 20 | Combusken | 22 | 8.15% | 50.00% |
| 20 | Hakamo-o | 22 | 8.15% | 40.91% |
| 22 | Rufflet | 20 | 7.41% | 45.00% |
| 23 | Togetic | 18 | 6.67% | 61.11% |
| 23 | Wartortle | 18 | 6.67% | 44.44% |
| 23 | Klang | 18 | 6.67% | 38.89% |
| 26 | Misdreavus | 15 | 5.56% | 53.33% |
| 26 | Eelektrik | 15 | 5.56% | 40.00% |
| 28 | Ferroseed | 12 | 4.44% | 83.33% |
| 29 | Fraxure | 11 | 4.07% | 54.55% |
| 29 | Lampent | 11 | 4.07% | 36.36% |
| 29 | Trumbeak | 11 | 4.07% | 27.27% |
| 32 | Fletchinder | 10 | 3.70% | 80.00% |
| 32 | Quilladin | 10 | 3.70% | 70.00% |
| 32 | Torracat | 10 | 3.70% | 50.00% |
| 32 | Vibrava | 10 | 3.70% | 40.00% |
| 36 | Munchlax | 9 | 3.33% | 55.56% |
| 36 | Prinplup | 9 | 3.33% | 44.44% |
| 36 | Tangela | 9 | 3.33% | 44.44% |
| 39 | Hippopotas | 7 | 2.59% | 57.14% |
| 40 | Duosion | 6 | 2.22% | 50.00% |
| 40 | Lairon | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 42 | Dewpider | 5 | 1.85% | 60.00% |
| 42 | Poipole | 5 | 1.85% | 60.00% |
| 42 | Murkrow | 5 | 1.85% | 40.00% |
| 42 | Marill | 5 | 1.85% | 40.00% |
| 42 | Meditite | 5 | 1.85% | 20.00% |
| 42 | Mudbray | 5 | 1.85% | 20.00% |
| 42 | Gloom | 5 | 1.85% | 0.00% |
| 49 | Mienfoo | 4 | 1.48% | 75.00% |
| 49 | Croconaw | 4 | 1.48% | 75.00% |
| 49 | Quilava | 4 | 1.48% | 50.00% |
| 49 | Natu | 4 | 1.48% | 50.00% |
| 49 | Dusclops | 4 | 1.48% | 25.00% |
| 54 | Nidorino | 3 | 1.11% | 100.00% |
| 54 | Shelmet | 3 | 1.11% | 66.67% |
| 54 | Staryu | 3 | 1.11% | 66.67% |
| 54 | Sliggoo | 3 | 1.11% | 33.33% |
| 54 | Ivysaur | 3 | 1.11% | 0.00% |
| 54 | Whirlipede | 3 | 1.11% | 0.00% |
| 54 | Brionne | 3 | 1.11% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Phanpy | 2 | 0.74% | 100.00% |
| 61 | Palpitoad | 2 | 0.74% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Carvanha | 2 | 0.74% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Yanma | 2 | 0.74% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Sealeo | 2 | 0.74% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Luxio | 2 | 0.74% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Lickitung | 2 | 0.74% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Weepinbell | 2 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Pikachu | 2 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Sandshrew-Alola | 2 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Swadloon | 2 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Cranidos | 2 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Eevee | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Graveler | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Poliwhirl | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Dartrix | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Zubat | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Aron | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Dragonair | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Magnemite | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Shelgon | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Koffing | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Swirlix | 1 | 0.37% | 100.00% |
| 73 | Cyndaquil | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Drilbur | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Smoochum | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Riolu | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Cutiefly | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Seadra | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Zweilous | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Nosepass | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Litleo | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Wingull | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Aipom | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Amaura | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Grotle | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Pineco | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Dewott | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Skiploom | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Bronzor | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Spritzee | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |
| 73 | Floette-White | 1 | 0.37% | 0.00% |

SM NFE Two Mon 'Cores' Usage Stats

Minimum Amount of Usage for the Two Mon 'Cores' Usage was 6+ Uses

+ ---- + ------------------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Combos of 2 | Use | Usage % | Win % |
+ ---- + ------------------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1 | Grimer-Alola / Servine | 45 | 16.67% | 57.78% |
| 2 | Machoke / Servine | 43 | 15.93% | 53.49% |
| 3 | Machoke / Roselia | 42 | 15.56% | 52.38% |
| 4 | Marshtomp / Servine | 41 | 15.19% | 56.10% |
| 5 | Clefairy / Servine | 37 | 13.70% | 64.86% |
| 5 | Roselia / Monferno | 37 | 13.70% | 56.76% |
| 7 | Kadabra / Servine | 36 | 13.33% | 55.56% |
| 8 | Machoke / Grimer-Alola | 35 | 12.96% | 51.43% |
| 8 | Monferno / Servine | 35 | 12.96% | 48.57% |
| 10 | Marshtomp / Machoke | 34 | 12.59% | 38.24% |
| 11 | Marshtomp / Grimer-Alola | 32 | 11.85% | 53.12% |
| 11 | Clefairy / Roselia | 32 | 11.85% | 40.62% |
| 13 | Clefairy / Grimer-Alola | 31 | 11.48% | 54.84% |
| 14 | Monferno / Grimer-Alola | 30 | 11.11% | 66.67% |
| 14 | Clefairy / Monferno | 30 | 11.11% | 60.00% |
| 14 | Marshtomp / Staravia | 30 | 11.11% | 50.00% |
| 14 | Marshtomp / Roselia | 30 | 11.11% | 36.67% |
| 18 | Clefairy / Kadabra | 29 | 10.74% | 48.28% |
| 18 | Clefairy / Machoke | 29 | 10.74% | 48.28% |
| 20 | Roselia / Staravia | 28 | 10.37% | 46.43% |
| 21 | Kadabra / Machoke | 27 | 10.00% | 48.15% |
| 22 | Servine / Gabite | 26 | 9.63% | 57.69% |
| 23 | Haunter / Servine | 25 | 9.26% | 56.00% |
| 23 | Marshtomp / Monferno | 25 | 9.26% | 56.00% |
| 23 | Electabuzz / Roselia | 25 | 9.26% | 56.00% |
| 23 | Electabuzz / Marshtomp | 25 | 9.26% | 52.00% |
| 23 | Machoke / Monferno | 25 | 9.26% | 52.00% |
| 23 | Kadabra / Grimer-Alola | 25 | 9.26% | 48.00% |
| 29 | Electabuzz / Servine | 24 | 8.89% | 58.33% |
| 29 | Electabuzz / Monferno | 24 | 8.89% | 58.33% |
| 31 | Roselia / Grimer-Alola | 23 | 8.52% | 39.13% |
| 31 | Electabuzz / Machoke | 23 | 8.52% | 34.78% |
| 33 | Roselia / Pawniard | 22 | 8.15% | 59.09% |
| 33 | Monferno / Staravia | 22 | 8.15% | 50.00% |
| 35 | Kadabra / Haunter | 21 | 7.78% | 52.38% |
| 35 | Marshtomp / Kadabra | 21 | 7.78% | 52.38% |
| 35 | Machoke / Staravia | 21 | 7.78% | 38.10% |
| 35 | Kadabra / Roselia | 21 | 7.78% | 28.57% |
| 39 | Staravia / Servine | 20 | 7.41% | 50.00% |
| 39 | Kadabra / Monferno | 20 | 7.41% | 40.00% |
| 41 | Grimer-Alola / Haunter | 19 | 7.04% | 52.63% |
| 41 | Monferno / Pawniard | 19 | 7.04% | 52.63% |
| 41 | Vullaby / Machoke | 19 | 7.04% | 47.37% |
| 41 | Monferno / Gabite | 19 | 7.04% | 47.37% |
| 41 | Roselia / Frogadier | 19 | 7.04% | 42.11% |
| 46 | Roselia / Metang | 18 | 6.67% | 61.11% |
| 46 | Machoke / Haunter | 18 | 6.67% | 61.11% |
| 46 | Metang / Servine | 18 | 6.67% | 61.11% |
| 46 | Grimer-Alola / Staravia | 18 | 6.67% | 61.11% |
| 46 | Marshtomp / Haunter | 18 | 6.67% | 55.56% |
| 46 | Electabuzz / Grimer-Alola | 18 | 6.67% | 50.00% |
| 46 | Vullaby / Gabite | 18 | 6.67% | 44.44% |
| 53 | Clefairy / Krokorok | 17 | 6.30% | 64.71% |
| 53 | Monferno / Krokorok | 17 | 6.30% | 52.94% |
| 53 | Pawniard / Servine | 17 | 6.30% | 47.06% |
| 53 | Vullaby / Roselia | 17 | 6.30% | 41.18% |
| 53 | Monferno / Haunter | 17 | 6.30% | 29.41% |
| 58 | Grimer-Alola / Gabite | 16 | 5.93% | 81.25% |
| 58 | Roselia / Krokorok | 16 | 5.93% | 50.00% |
| 58 | Machoke / Frogadier | 16 | 5.93% | 43.75% |
| 58 | Roselia / Haunter | 16 | 5.93% | 43.75% |
| 58 | Roselia / Gabite | 16 | 5.93% | 43.75% |
| 63 | Clefairy / Mareanie | 15 | 5.56% | 66.67% |
| 63 | Vullaby / Servine | 15 | 5.56% | 60.00% |
| 63 | Roselia / Wartortle | 15 | 5.56% | 46.67% |
| 66 | Machoke / Gabite | 14 | 5.19% | 57.14% |
| 66 | Machoke / Pawniard | 14 | 5.19% | 50.00% |
| 66 | Clefairy / Haunter | 14 | 5.19% | 50.00% |
| 66 | Mareanie / Monferno | 14 | 5.19% | 42.86% |
| 66 | Marshtomp / Clefairy | 14 | 5.19% | 42.86% |
| 71 | Monferno / Frogadier | 13 | 4.81% | 61.54% |
| 71 | Staravia / Pawniard | 13 | 4.81% | 53.85% |
| 71 | Frogadier / Servine | 13 | 4.81% | 53.85% |
| 71 | Electabuzz / Clefairy | 13 | 4.81% | 46.15% |
| 75 | Mareanie / Krokorok | 12 | 4.44% | 66.67% |
| 75 | Marshtomp / Pawniard | 12 | 4.44% | 58.33% |
| 75 | Clefairy / Vullaby | 12 | 4.44% | 50.00% |
| 75 | Krokorok / Servine | 12 | 4.44% | 50.00% |
| 75 | Electabuzz / Staravia | 12 | 4.44% | 50.00% |
| 75 | Gabite / Haunter | 12 | 4.44% | 41.67% |
| 75 | Vullaby / Marshtomp | 12 | 4.44% | 41.67% |
| 75 | Kadabra / Vullaby | 12 | 4.44% | 41.67% |
| 75 | Frogadier / Staravia | 12 | 4.44% | 41.67% |
| 84 | Machoke / Mareanie | 11 | 4.07% | 63.64% |
| 84 | Machoke / Metang | 11 | 4.07% | 63.64% |
| 84 | Electabuzz / Pawniard | 11 | 4.07% | 63.64% |
| 84 | Clefairy / Gabite | 11 | 4.07% | 63.64% |
| 84 | Magmar / Servine | 11 | 4.07% | 54.55% |
| 84 | Rufflet / Servine | 11 | 4.07% | 54.55% |
| 84 | Kadabra / Frogadier | 11 | 4.07% | 45.45% |
| 84 | Metang / Gabite | 11 | 4.07% | 45.45% |
| 84 | Mareanie / Servine | 11 | 4.07% | 36.36% |
| 84 | Clefairy / Pawniard | 11 | 4.07% | 36.36% |
| 84 | Kadabra / Gabite | 11 | 4.07% | 36.36% |
| 95 | Frogadier / Gabite | 10 | 3.70% | 80.00% |
| 95 | Kadabra / Ferroseed | 10 | 3.70% | 80.00% |
| 95 | Combusken / Servine | 10 | 3.70% | 70.00% |
| 95 | Marshtomp / Combusken | 10 | 3.70% | 70.00% |
| 95 | Mareanie / Roselia | 10 | 3.70% | 70.00% |
| 95 | Frogadier / Grimer-Alola | 10 | 3.70% | 70.00% |
| 95 | Kadabra / Pawniard | 10 | 3.70% | 70.00% |
| 95 | Vullaby / Frogadier | 10 | 3.70% | 70.00% |
| 95 | Metang / Wartortle | 10 | 3.70% | 60.00% |
| 95 | Metang / Magmar | 10 | 3.70% | 60.00% |
| 95 | Frogadier / Metang | 10 | 3.70% | 60.00% |
| 95 | Monferno / Metang | 10 | 3.70% | 50.00% |
| 95 | Clefairy / Staravia | 10 | 3.70% | 50.00% |
| 95 | Kadabra / Staravia | 10 | 3.70% | 30.00% |
| 95 | Machoke / Klang | 10 | 3.70% | 20.00% |
| 110 | Monferno / Togetic | 9 | 3.33% | 66.67% |
| 110 | Vullaby / Electabuzz | 9 | 3.33% | 66.67% |
| 110 | Vullaby / Monferno | 9 | 3.33% | 55.56% |
| 110 | Machoke / Krokorok | 9 | 3.33% | 44.44% |
| 110 | Pawniard / Gabite | 9 | 3.33% | 44.44% |
| 110 | Rufflet / Krokorok | 9 | 3.33% | 44.44% |
| 110 | Electabuzz / Frogadier | 9 | 3.33% | 44.44% |
| 110 | Vullaby / Grimer-Alola | 9 | 3.33% | 33.33% |
| 118 | Metang / Krokorok | 8 | 2.96% | 75.00% |
| 118 | Magmar / Gabite | 8 | 2.96% | 62.50% |
| 118 | Grimer-Alola / Combusken | 8 | 2.96% | 62.50% |
| 118 | Roselia / Servine | 8 | 2.96% | 62.50% |
| 118 | Vullaby / Mareanie | 8 | 2.96% | 50.00% |
| 118 | Mareanie / Metang | 8 | 2.96% | 50.00% |
| 118 | Kadabra / Metang | 8 | 2.96% | 50.00% |
| 118 | Kadabra / Mareanie | 8 | 2.96% | 50.00% |
| 118 | Hakamo-o / Servine | 8 | 2.96% | 50.00% |
| 118 | Electabuzz / Gabite | 8 | 2.96% | 37.50% |
| 118 | Pawniard / Haunter | 8 | 2.96% | 37.50% |
| 118 | Mareanie / Gabite | 8 | 2.96% | 37.50% |
| 118 | Klang / Servine | 8 | 2.96% | 25.00% |
| 118 | Marshtomp / Frogadier | 8 | 2.96% | 25.00% |
| 132 | Mareanie / Ferroseed | 7 | 2.59% | 85.71% |
| 132 | Electabuzz / Mareanie | 7 | 2.59% | 71.43% |
| 132 | Metang / Haunter | 7 | 2.59% | 71.43% |
| 132 | Kadabra / Magmar | 7 | 2.59% | 71.43% |
| 132 | Mareanie / Magmar | 7 | 2.59% | 71.43% |
| 132 | Fraxure / Frogadier | 7 | 2.59% | 71.43% |
| 132 | Metang / Staravia | 7 | 2.59% | 57.14% |
| 132 | Electabuzz / Metang | 7 | 2.59% | 57.14% |
| 132 | Machoke / Wartortle | 7 | 2.59% | 42.86% |
| 132 | Electabuzz / Krokorok | 7 | 2.59% | 42.86% |
| 132 | Lampent / Servine | 7 | 2.59% | 42.86% |
| 132 | Vullaby / Metang | 7 | 2.59% | 42.86% |
| 132 | Roselia / Combusken | 7 | 2.59% | 28.57% |
| 132 | Metang / Hakamo-o | 7 | 2.59% | 28.57% |
| 132 | Eelektrik / Servine | 7 | 2.59% | 28.57% |
| 132 | Clefairy / Klang | 7 | 2.59% | 28.57% |
| 148 | Clefairy / Metang | 6 | 2.22% | 83.33% |
| 148 | Clefairy / Frogadier | 6 | 2.22% | 66.67% |
| 148 | Electabuzz / Togetic | 6 | 2.22% | 66.67% |
| 148 | Metang / Togetic | 6 | 2.22% | 66.67% |
| 148 | Mareanie / Hakamo-o | 6 | 2.22% | 66.67% |
| 148 | Roselia / Torracat | 6 | 2.22% | 66.67% |
| 148 | Krokorok / Gabite | 6 | 2.22% | 66.67% |
| 148 | Electabuzz / Haunter | 6 | 2.22% | 50.00% |
| 148 | Machoke / Magmar | 6 | 2.22% | 50.00% |
| 148 | Roselia / Klang | 6 | 2.22% | 50.00% |
| 148 | Mareanie / Staravia | 6 | 2.22% | 50.00% |
| 148 | Marshtomp / Eelektrik | 6 | 2.22% | 50.00% |
| 148 | Marshtomp / Rufflet | 6 | 2.22% | 50.00% |
| 148 | Rufflet / Monferno | 6 | 2.22% | 50.00% |
| 148 | Roselia / Eelektrik | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 148 | Krokorok / Combusken | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 148 | Vullaby / Haunter | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 148 | Machoke / Combusken | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 148 | Rufflet / Metang | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 148 | Kadabra / Hakamo-o | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 148 | Klang / Grimer-Alola | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 148 | Roselia / Hakamo-o | 6 | 2.22% | 33.33% |

ORAS NFE Usage Stats

| 1 | Machoke | 19 | 52.78% | 52.63% |
| 2 | Monferno | 18 | 50.00% | 61.11% |
| 2 | Pawniard | 18 | 50.00% | 50.00% |
| 2 | Clefairy | 18 | 50.00% | 50.00% |
| 5 | Kadabra | 14 | 38.89% | 50.00% |
| 6 | Staravia | 12 | 33.33% | 50.00% |
| 7 | Frogadier | 11 | 30.56% | 45.45% |
| 7 | Quilladin | 11 | 30.56% | 45.45% |
| 9 | Roselia | 10 | 27.78% | 80.00% |
| 10 | Electabuzz | 9 | 25.00% | 66.67% |
| 11 | Marshtomp | 8 | 22.22% | 62.50% |
| 12 | Metang | 7 | 19.44% | 42.86% |
| 13 | Gabite | 6 | 16.67% | 50.00% |
| 13 | Togetic | 6 | 16.67% | 33.33% |
| 15 | Klang | 5 | 13.89% | 60.00% |
| 15 | Vullaby | 5 | 13.89% | 60.00% |
| 15 | Misdreavus | 5 | 13.89% | 20.00% |
| 15 | Krokorok | 5 | 13.89% | 20.00% |
| 19 | Vibrava | 4 | 11.11% | 75.00% |
| 19 | Tangela | 4 | 11.11% | 50.00% |
| 21 | Fraxure | 3 | 8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21 | Magmar | 3 | 8.33% | 0.00% |
| 23 | Swadloon | 2 | 5.56% | 50.00% |
| 24 | Tentacool | 1 | 2.78% | 100.00% |
| 24 | Duosion | 1 | 2.78% | 100.00% |
| 24 | Grotle | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Ferroseed | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Zweilous | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Hippopotas | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Shellos | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Prinplup | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Wartortle | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Dusclops | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Lickitung | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Munchlax | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 24 | Combusken | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |

NFE Ubers Usage Stats

| 1 | Gurdurr | 29 | 80.56% | 51.72% |
| 2 | Gligar | 19 | 52.78% | 52.63% |
| 2 | Mareanie | 19 | 52.78% | 52.63% |
| 2 | Chansey | 19 | 52.78% | 36.84% |
| 5 | Magneton | 18 | 50.00% | 44.44% |
| 6 | Golbat | 10 | 27.78% | 50.00% |
| 6 | Rhydon | 10 | 27.78% | 50.00% |
| 8 | Vigoroth | 8 | 22.22% | 62.50% |
| 8 | Porygon2 | 8 | 22.22% | 62.50% |
| 10 | Sneasel | 7 | 19.44% | 57.14% |
| 10 | Piloswine | 7 | 19.44% | 57.14% |
| 12 | Combusken | 6 | 16.67% | 50.00% |
| 13 | Doublade | 5 | 13.89% | 40.00% |
| 14 | Monferno | 4 | 11.11% | 100.00% |
| 14 | Tangela | 4 | 11.11% | 75.00% |
| 14 | Kadabra | 4 | 11.11% | 75.00% |
| 14 | Voltorb | 4 | 11.11% | 75.00% |
| 14 | Ferroseed | 4 | 11.11% | 25.00% |
| 14 | Scyther | 4 | 11.11% | 25.00% |
| 20 | Clefairy | 3 | 8.33% | 100.00% |
| 20 | Trapinch | 3 | 8.33% | 0.00% |
| 22 | Servine | 2 | 5.56% | 100.00% |
| 22 | Marshtomp | 2 | 5.56% | 50.00% |
| 22 | Dusclops | 2 | 5.56% | 50.00% |
| 22 | Magmar | 2 | 5.56% | 0.00% |
| 22 | Swadloon | 2 | 5.56% | 0.00% |
| 27 | Bronzor | 1 | 2.78% | 100.00% |
| 27 | Roselia | 1 | 2.78% | 100.00% |
| 27 | Murkrow | 1 | 2.78% | 100.00% |
| 27 | Prinplup | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 27 | Type: Null | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 27 | Togetic | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 27 | Natu | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 27 | Eevee | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 27 | Venonat | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 27 | Mime Jr. | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |
| 27 | Gloom | 1 | 2.78% | 0.00% |

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
NFEPL 2 History Post
I'm posting these now, directly after the NFEPL 3 roundup post, since it makes the most sense to post these history posts directly after the end of NFEPL 3 post.

The Monferno Mafia were the winners of NFEPL 2.

Manager: Fille
Players: Xayah, Bloodace, neomon, xizaaa, Ninjadog13, Kush00, frisoeva, Aalbaniaa, xHys, Andrew

Results and Replays can be found on this document. Shoutouts to Marjane for collating the NFEPL 2 Replays.

NFEPL 2 Results and Replays

SM NFE Usage Stats

| 1 | Gligar | 90 | 55.56% | 48.89% |
| 2 | Gurdurr | 77 | 47.53% | 57.14% |
| 3 | Piloswine | 61 | 37.65% | 62.30% |
| 3 | Clefairy | 61 | 37.65% | 57.38% |
| 5 | Kadabra | 60 | 37.04% | 58.33% |
| 6 | Grimer-Alola | 54 | 33.33% | 53.70% |
| 7 | Servine | 53 | 32.72% | 56.60% |
| 8 | Monferno | 38 | 23.46% | 50.00% |
| 9 | Frogadier | 32 | 19.75% | 34.38% |
| 10 | Roselia | 31 | 19.14% | 67.74% |
| 10 | Prinplup | 31 | 19.14% | 67.74% |
| 12 | Wartortle | 30 | 18.52% | 50.00% |
| 13 | Pawniard | 27 | 16.67% | 51.85% |
| 14 | Electabuzz | 26 | 16.05% | 30.77% |
| 15 | Haunter | 24 | 14.81% | 37.50% |
| 16 | Togetic | 19 | 11.73% | 63.16% |
| 16 | Dusclops | 19 | 11.73% | 47.37% |
| 18 | Quilladin | 15 | 9.26% | 40.00% |
| 19 | Mareanie | 14 | 8.64% | 50.00% |
| 20 | Metang | 13 | 8.02% | 46.15% |
| 20 | Torracat | 13 | 8.02% | 38.46% |
| 20 | Sliggoo | 13 | 8.02% | 30.77% |
| 23 | Gloom | 11 | 6.79% | 63.64% |
| 23 | Ferroseed | 11 | 6.79% | 54.55% |
| 23 | Marshtomp | 11 | 6.79% | 9.09% |
| 26 | Fraxure | 10 | 6.17% | 30.00% |
| 27 | Duosion | 8 | 4.94% | 50.00% |
| 28 | Hakamo-o | 7 | 4.32% | 42.86% |
| 28 | Staravia | 7 | 4.32% | 28.57% |
| 28 | Machoke | 7 | 4.32% | 14.29% |
| 31 | Pikachu | 6 | 3.70% | 66.67% |
| 31 | Marill | 6 | 3.70% | 33.33% |
| 31 | Bronzor | 6 | 3.70% | 16.67% |
| 34 | Misdreavus | 5 | 3.09% | 80.00% |
| 34 | Magmar | 5 | 3.09% | 40.00% |
| 36 | Spritzee | 4 | 2.47% | 0.00% |
| 37 | Cutiefly | 3 | 1.85% | 66.67% |
| 37 | Snubbull | 3 | 1.85% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Scraggy | 3 | 1.85% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Munchlax | 3 | 1.85% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Ivysaur | 3 | 1.85% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Poipole | 3 | 1.85% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Swirlix | 3 | 1.85% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Clamperl | 3 | 1.85% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Whirlipede | 3 | 1.85% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Shelgon | 3 | 1.85% | 0.00% |
| 47 | Croconaw | 2 | 1.23% | 100.00% |
| 47 | Combusken | 2 | 1.23% | 100.00% |
| 47 | Aipom | 2 | 1.23% | 50.00% |
| 47 | Seadra | 2 | 1.23% | 50.00% |
| 47 | Eelektrik | 2 | 1.23% | 50.00% |
| 47 | Lampent | 2 | 1.23% | 50.00% |
| 47 | Salandit | 2 | 1.23% | 0.00% |
| 47 | Trumbeak | 2 | 1.23% | 0.00% |
| 47 | Sandygast | 2 | 1.23% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Slowpoke | 1 | 0.62% | 100.00% |
| 56 | Honedge | 1 | 0.62% | 100.00% |
| 56 | Staryu | 1 | 0.62% | 100.00% |
| 56 | Krokorok | 1 | 0.62% | 100.00% |
| 56 | Eevee | 1 | 0.62% | 100.00% |
| 56 | Mime Jr. | 1 | 0.62% | 100.00% |
| 56 | Bunnelby | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Fletchinder | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Sealeo | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Klang | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Pignite | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Nidorino | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Dragonair | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Chinchou | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Zweilous | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Tangela | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Swadloon | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Dewpider | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |
| 56 | Mienfoo | 1 | 0.62% | 0.00% |

Last edited:

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
NFEPL 1 History Post
The Dazzling Dartrixes were the winners of NFEPL 1.

Manager: Elgino10
Players: Echo Elepaio, plas, Raj.Shoot, Toni XY, Atr0city, UnleashOurPassion, Anime Sans, Alexander489, againa, A Year in Advance

Results and Replays can be found on this document.

NFEPL 1 Results and Replays

SM NFE Usage Stats

| 1 | Grimer-Alola | 34 | 40.48% | 58.82% |
| 2 | Vigoroth | 26 | 30.95% | 53.85% |
| 3 | Kadabra | 23 | 27.38% | 65.22% |
| 4 | Frogadier | 22 | 26.19% | 54.55% |
| 4 | Togetic | 22 | 26.19% | 45.45% |
| 6 | Electabuzz | 21 | 25.00% | 52.38% |
| 6 | Clefairy | 21 | 25.00% | 47.62% |
| 8 | Metang | 20 | 23.81% | 50.00% |
| 9 | Monferno | 19 | 22.62% | 68.42% |
| 9 | Haunter | 19 | 22.62% | 57.89% |
| 11 | Gurdurr | 18 | 21.43% | 38.89% |
| 11 | Wartortle | 18 | 21.43% | 38.89% |
| 13 | Servine | 16 | 19.05% | 68.75% |
| 14 | Ferroseed | 13 | 15.48% | 38.46% |
| 15 | Pawniard | 12 | 14.29% | 58.33% |
| 15 | Dusclops | 12 | 14.29% | 41.67% |
| 17 | Roselia | 11 | 13.10% | 27.27% |
| 18 | Prinplup | 10 | 11.90% | 60.00% |
| 19 | Torracat | 9 | 10.71% | 55.56% |
| 19 | Marshtomp | 9 | 10.71% | 55.56% |
| 19 | Gabite | 9 | 10.71% | 33.33% |
| 22 | Lampent | 8 | 9.52% | 50.00% |
| 23 | Krokorok | 6 | 7.14% | 16.67% |
| 23 | Murkrow | 6 | 7.14% | 16.67% |
| 25 | Gloom | 5 | 5.95% | 80.00% |
| 25 | Swirlix | 5 | 5.95% | 80.00% |
| 25 | Mareanie | 5 | 5.95% | 60.00% |
| 25 | Misdreavus | 5 | 5.95% | 40.00% |
| 25 | Dewpider | 5 | 5.95% | 20.00% |
| 25 | Staravia | 5 | 5.95% | 20.00% |
| 31 | Quilladin | 4 | 4.76% | 100.00% |
| 31 | Vullaby | 4 | 4.76% | 50.00% |
| 31 | Machoke | 4 | 4.76% | 50.00% |
| 31 | Marill | 4 | 4.76% | 50.00% |
| 31 | Combusken | 4 | 4.76% | 25.00% |
| 31 | Sliggoo | 4 | 4.76% | 25.00% |
| 37 | Graveler-Alola | 3 | 3.57% | 100.00% |
| 37 | Hakamo-o | 3 | 3.57% | 66.67% |
| 37 | Spritzee | 3 | 3.57% | 66.67% |
| 37 | Tangela | 3 | 3.57% | 66.67% |
| 37 | Fraxure | 3 | 3.57% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Duosion | 3 | 3.57% | 33.33% |
| 37 | Dragonair | 3 | 3.57% | 33.33% |
| 44 | Yanma | 2 | 2.38% | 100.00% |
| 44 | Vibrava | 2 | 2.38% | 100.00% |
| 44 | Klang | 2 | 2.38% | 50.00% |
| 44 | Munchlax | 2 | 2.38% | 50.00% |
| 44 | Shelgon | 2 | 2.38% | 50.00% |
| 44 | Whirlipede | 2 | 2.38% | 50.00% |
| 44 | Gothorita | 2 | 2.38% | 50.00% |
| 44 | Herdier | 2 | 2.38% | 0.00% |
| 44 | Magmar | 2 | 2.38% | 0.00% |
| 44 | Eevee | 2 | 2.38% | 0.00% |
| 44 | Drilbur | 2 | 2.38% | 0.00% |
| 44 | Honedge | 2 | 2.38% | 0.00% |
| 44 | Ivysaur | 2 | 2.38% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Weepinbell | 1 | 1.19% | 100.00% |
| 57 | Poipole | 1 | 1.19% | 100.00% |
| 57 | Bronzor | 1 | 1.19% | 100.00% |
| 57 | Koffing | 1 | 1.19% | 100.00% |
| 57 | Grovyle | 1 | 1.19% | 100.00% |
| 57 | Drifloon | 1 | 1.19% | 100.00% |
| 57 | Nidorino | 1 | 1.19% | 100.00% |
| 57 | Anorith | 1 | 1.19% | 100.00% |
| 57 | Boldore | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Fletchinder | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Croconaw | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Luxio | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Lombre | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Zweilous | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Floette-Yellow | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Frillish | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Eelektrik | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Floette | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Hippopotas | 1 | 1.19% | 0.00% |

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
Servine Suspect Voting

PLEASE DO NOT PUBLICALLY VOTE ON THIS THREAD.

To vote for this suspect, please open a group DM conversation with Smogon DM which includes me, vooper and Crystalites

In this DM, say one of these votes:

Servine: Ban
Servine: Do Not Ban
Servine: Abstain

The following users will be voting on the USUM NFE Servine Suspect:

Toy Time King, PD, Elgino, dom, Kaif, jcbc, King Leo V, quagsgone, Ktutverde, Tack, ayedan, OminousDraco, Monsareeasy, SBPC, outbackrabbit, Simbo, Cheryl, Miyami, Crystalites, frisoeva, vooper, Thunder~BALLZ

If your name isn't on the list and it should be, let me know.

Voting will be open until Wednesday, 18th September @ 11:59 PM EDT. A 60% majority will be required for Servine to be banned.

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
Not all of the votes have been cast yet. However, neither of the two remaining votes would change the outcome of this suspect. With only 50% of the current votes are in favour of banning Servine, the 60% ban threshold will not be reached, Servine will not be banned from the USM NFE Metagame.

Ban: 10
Do Not Ban: 10

To see who voted for what, check the tag below:

Elgino10: Do Not Ban
Toy Time King: Do Not Ban
outbackrabbit: Do Not Ban
jcbc: Ban
Simbo: Ban
Monsareeasy: Ban
Crystalites: Do Not Ban
SBPC: Do Not Ban
frisoeva: Do Not Ban
Kaif: Ban
OminousDraco: Do Not Ban
Quagg: Ban
vooper: Do Not Ban
dom: Ban
Miyami~~~: Do Not Ban
Ktütverde: Ban
PD: Ban
ayedan: Ban
Tack :]: Ban
Cheryl.: Do Not Ban

Thank you to everyone who participated in this suspect, either by getting reqs and voting and/or by discussing Servine on this thread, the PS room, or Discord. Anyone who hasn't voted can still do so, it will only change the percentage of the result.

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
ORAS NFE Viability Rankings Update
The Council has voted on the proposed VR changes. All changes have already been implemented on the ORAS VR post.
All Council Votes can be found here:

Rises

IMG_6332.PNG
Fraxure: B to B+

IMG_6280.PNG
Marshtomp: B to B+

IMG_6279.PNG
Vibrava: C+ to B-

IMG_6212.PNG
Monferno: A+ to S

IMG_6269.PNG
Electabuzz: A to A+

IMG_6356.PNG
Misdreavus: A- to A

IMG_6218.PNG
Gabite: B+ to A-

IMG_6245.PNG
Staravia: B+ to A-

IMG_6360.PNG
Lampent: B- to B+

IMG_6369.PNG
Pawniard: A to A+

IMG_6248.PNG
Rufflet: B- to B

IMG_6341.PNG
Magmar: B to B+

Drops

IMG_6467.PNG
Dusclops: A- to B+

IMG_6465.PNG
Sliggoo: A- to B-

IMG_6271.PNG
Pikachu: B- to C+

IMG_6294.PNG
Shelgon: C+ to C

IMG_6500.PNG
Honedge: C- to UR

IMG_6355.PNG
Duosion: A to A-

IMG_6214.PNG
Ferroseed: B+ to B

IMG_6339.PNG
Klang: A- to B+

IMG_6213.PNG
Prinplup: B+ to B

IMG_6267.PNG
Dragonair: C to C-

IMG_6496.PNG
Drilbur: C to C-

IMG_6405.PNG
Murkrow: B to B-

IMG_6377.PNG
Hippopotas: B+ to B

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Not all of the votes have been cast yet. However, neither of the two remaining votes would change the outcome of this suspect. With only 50% of the current votes are in favour of banning Servine, the 60% ban threshold will not be reached, Servine will not be banned from the USM NFE Metagame.

Ban: 10
Do Not Ban: 10

To see who voted for what, check the tag below:

Elgino10: Do Not Ban
Toy Time King: Do Not Ban
outbackrabbit: Do Not Ban
jcbc: Ban
Simbo: Ban
Monsareeasy: Ban
Crystalites: Do Not Ban
SBPC: Do Not Ban
frisoeva: Do Not Ban
Kaif: Ban
OminousDraco: Do Not Ban
Quagg: Ban
vooper: Do Not Ban
dom: Ban
Miyami~~~: Do Not Ban
Ktütverde: Ban
PD: Ban
ayedan: Ban
Tack :]: Ban
Cheryl.: Do Not Ban

Thank you to everyone who participated in this suspect, either by getting reqs and voting and/or by discussing Servine on this thread, the PS room, or Discord. Anyone who hasn't voted can still do so, it will only change the percentage of the result.
Fellas, boys and girls of the NFE community i demand your attention a second, to pray for all the souls that servine kidnapped already AND the ones that it will keep collecting thanks to those do not ban votes

master, music pls

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
VR noms time? VR noms time.

Roselia: S to A-
Its about time someone genuinely said this and put this on the table. This mon has fallen off so much since people began discovering actual other Servine checks, and the fact that it's stayed at S for so long can honestly only be explained by people overhyping its main role in teams as well as discussion on it ceasing to exist. Let's talk about it.

Roselia is by far the best Servine answer in the tier, but in the grand scheme of things? It's not anywhere near as good as its VR position makes it out to be. Now being a spiker that can force out Servine also gives it the position of being the best spiker in the tier because of it, but thats only due to the other spikers being atrociously hard to get working on other teams due to the state of the meta. Adding onto this, Roseila has a horrid time fighting any of the upper ranks.
(Quoting tack's "The Roast Of Roseila" because it genuinely covers part of what im getting at.)
Tack said:
the rose set ftr
:Rosetriumph: (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

also i won't be posting calcs but i'm doing them as i write this

clef vs rose - if clef is spdef cm, rose gets set up on for free, physdef clef can't come in and set up for free, but rose also can't stop it from setting up.

Rose vs Servine i'm just gonna c/p Simbo for this one, but i will accept that rose beats most servs, though it loses eviolite in the process 99% of the time
simbo's writing bc i don't know how to do quotes on smog
Ebuzz vs Rose - if rose has been knocked every ebuzz w/ psychic 2hko's after rocks, if it hasn't been knocked every ebuzz set gains momentum on rose via volt switch, and psychium/specs are still capable of nabbing the 2hko after rocks

Frogadier vs rose - ebelt frog 2hkos w/ ice beam unless double min roll assuming no rocks, scarf grabs momentum by turning on switchin

Grimer vs rose - already gone over by Simbo above, but this mon pursuits rose for free lol

Haunter vs Rose - eviolite haunter literally gives 0 shits, bc rose can't break sub without a crit

Kadabra vs rose - neither switches into the other ever, but kadabra ohko's with psyshock assuming evio is active, and rolls w/ psychic after rocks, albeit one in rose's favor, if both were put into a 1v1 scenario kadabra would end up winning bc rose can't beat sash

Monferno vs rose - unboosted blitz ohko's fire blast does at +2 assuming rocks are up

Machoke vs rose - if i need to go into this one lol, but machoke wins really hard regardless of spread

Metang vs rose - see simbo's post that's like 3 above this one, as with grimer

Mareanie vs rose - tbh neither of these mons care about eachother, mare doesn't like getting tspikes in rose MU's though so rose could probably be considered good vs it?

Sliggoo vs rose - vooper update your vr, this thing is B now, it also sets up on rose for free

Duosion vs Rose - hey look another mon that sets up on rose for free who'd have guessed it?

Pawniard vs rose - check simbo's post again, but this pursuits rose so that it's useless

Misdreavus vs rose - 0 SpA Roselia Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 63-75 (19.4 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO imagine getting subbed on bwahaha also w/ just 16 spdef you can guarantee that sludge bomb never breaks sub, even if missy doesn't have evio

Prinplup vs Rose - update your front page vr, this thing is B- now, also it loses to rose lol

anyway now that i'm noticing outdated stuff on vr, i'm gonna hop over to the mons that got moved up to A ranks in most recent shift

Gabite vs rose - honestly? neither can switch in to the other, and rose can win 1v1 if gabite isn't evio

Magmar vs rose - specs magmar OHKO's after rocks lol, also fire punch does unboosted from the drum set

marshtomp vs rose - rose wins with giga

Fraxure vs rose - unboosted fraxure OHKO's after rocks, and this thing runs Band/DD normally, while being capable of setting a dd on rose

Staravia vs Rose - 0 Atk Staravia Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Roselia: 254-302 (83.8 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock this move that star always runs, ohko's assuming you're max Def, lmaoooooooo
And with that, the case sort of makes for itself. Rose still has a stance in the meta, but it being S ranked is terribly overhyped and everything that becomes popular only packs its own way to beat rose itself. Please drop it a few ranks, if not more.

Now, onwards from the piranha plant's cousin.

Clefairy: A+ to Lower, not sure how low.
This mon isn't very good in a meta where everything can threaten blasting it to shreds if its not as passive as Mareanie. Long ago, there was a time where getting this thing set up was a relatively easy task, but now, the volatile and offensive state of the meta makes using this thing a chore. It's still got some perks, such as magic guard allowing it to play a heavy role in bulkier teams that don't want to be wittled by status, as well as being a decent CM mon in the right conditions and a subpar stealth rock setter. Clefairy, however, is a fallen mon that's only getting harder to use and frankly is becoming more like setup fodder to the offensive powerhouses of the tier such as Servine, Combusken, Monferno, and Pawniard.

What about some rises to lighten the mood?
Combusken: B+ to A-, maybe higher
This is a prime example of a pokemon that's only getting better at time marches forward. Z moves make this thing a disgusting breaker, while eviolite provides it with relatively decent bulk to help it get settled for a sweep. Swords Dance by far makes this thing from decent to a potenial 6-0, and with Mareanie not being used as much, its life only gets easier. By far one of the most intimidating setup mons in the tier.

Vullaby: B to A-
I present to you, the fattest egg to actually have a valid presence in a tier. (lol rip togetic) With access to longevity in its great defensive stats and roost, a relatively great typing for the tier, and moves like Knock Off, Defog, and U-Turn, Vullaby is capable of running it's 4 moves of choice to be an easy fit onto almost any team in need of some bulk. NFEPL 3 showed a lot of this pokemon, using knock off to be a constant threat to teams trying to switch around it, while it's STAB in Brave Bird kept Grass- and Fighting-types at bay consistently. Its bulk allows it to check many offensive threats consistently, making for a very sturdy and reliable defensive choice for the current meta.

Gabite: A- to A
Another mon that NFEPL 3 showcased a great sign of power for, Gabite can run both defensive and offensive sets incredibly well, making it a very splashable choice for the current meta. It's newer defensive set is really a show stealer, being able to bulk down physical sweepers like Pawniard and Combusken while hitting back hard with it's dual STABs, and threatening back Ground-type switchins like Servine, Vullaby, and Staravia with Toxic, crippling them long term. A mention to it's scarf set as well, which reliably revenge kills a huge portion of the meta, and is actually able to threaten kadabra with Dual Chop, meaning it isn't fodder to SashCounter.

That's honestly it for now, the meta post-NFEPL 3 and Serv suspect is really interesting, especially with the rather appealing trends of rising bird usage, and setup sweepers starting to become even more common than normal.

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
Gonna do some lower ranked noms, clear them up a bit

Rufflet: B to B+

Rufflet proved that, if it hits, it's one of the most fearsome breakers in the tier. Band is basically impossible to switch into, and scarf still hits most targets hard. It gets solid opportunities to fire off attacks, and exploits and gets free hits off on a lot of slower bulkier mons in the tier, like the 3 S-ranks, Alolan Grimer, Clefairy etc etc. A lot better than everything in B rn imo

Sliggoo: B to B-

Sliggoo's really fallen from grace, not enough imo. It's still really bad, and hard to justify on most teams. Curse sets are fairly easy to wall, require too much team support to make work, and still lose to a lot of higher ranked threats. The special attacker set is decent, but there are far better special attackers in the tier. No reliable recovery also stops it from taking advantage of its high spdef. It's not good anymore.

Lampent: B- to B

Lampent is super underrated rn. It's a super threatening wallbreaker and has a multitude of sets which makes it difficult to switch into. Great STAB combo, and the ability to viably run 3 or 4 different sets is really good. Scarf and Specs sets both hit hard, have very few offensive switchins, and has access to Trick to cripple any bulky walls like Clefairy or Mareanie. Z move sets offer a one-time nuke against most of the meta. More importantly, it stops and walls 90% of Monferno sets outright, which is really good, and gets free opportunities to fire off attacks on it. Very little in the higher ranks can switch into it well.

Prinplup: B- to C+

Prin's similar to Slig, massive fall from grace. Prinplup used to be a decent role compressor about 8 months ago, but in the current state of the meta, the dual support of Rocks + Fog on one Pokemon is no longer needed for most teams, and Prin's lack of usage is proof of that. Other Defog users such as Vull and Vib are more popular, and likewise the tier has much better Rock setters. Prin's far too pressured in the current meta to fulfill its niche, which makes it highly unreliable in any of its jobs.

Poliwhirl: C to C-

As an offensive Water-type, its mostly outclassed by Croc and Marill, who are initially stronger/have more reliable setup, and have priority. Poliwhirls only real unique niche is Z-Hypno + Belly Drum, but a two turn setup process with a 40% success rate shouldnt net anything higher than C- imo. Being faster than Monf, Serv, Gab etc off the bat is nice though.

Shelgon: C to UR

I have no idea how this survived tbh. As an offensive DD user, it is completely outclassed by Frax and Haka. I see zero legit teams where DD Shel is needed over Frax and Haka. Defensive WishPass sets are dead, no one uses them in tour play because no serious team requires that niche.

Spritzee: C- to UR

This mon is really bad. We have better and higher ranking TR setters in Dusclops and Duosion, and far better TR abusers. Any NP set without TR is completely outclassed by Toge, and any defensive set is almost completely outclassed by Clef. TR + NP + Two Attacks is a niche, but offensive TR sprit sets both lack the ability to even free two turns for itself to set up, and even at +2, its still far too weak to be a good cleaner. It doesnt deserve a rank.

Tentacool: C- to UR

This mon's terrible. As a spinner, it is far too passive and frail on the physical side to consistently spin multiple times during a game. It has good spdef. However, its unable to really make use of its spdef, since it still loses to Roselia. Roselia can slowly chip it down with Giga and recover Ooze and other damage with Synth. If tenta has Rest, Rose can force it to Rest range, then exploit those turns to spike, then switch out to something which forces tenta out so it can't spin. The only teams that appreciate spin over Fog support rn is hazardstack, and running tentacool + a potential cleric on hazardstack is not how you build hazardstack. Wartortle atleast has useful and good utility options between Stoss, Mirror Coat, and Counter to make attacking it hard a risk.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Approved by vooper
Welcome to the NFE sendoff tournament!
It's time to say goodbye to the current generation of pokemon, and say hello to the future of NFE! This tournament marks the transition to the next generation, marking the last SM tournament held before it becomes a past generation.

Tournament Rules:
Signups end next week (20/10/2019) at 1AM EST. Pairings will be posted that same day

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)