NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me why the Raiders are the only team to lose a draft pick due to covid violations. Ravens just had 15+ breakout and no talks of violations. . . wtf

The NFL is a goddamn joke for not postponing the Broncos game. They will postpone for other teams that have a star player *cough Ravens cough* but fuck the Broncos I guess

The Tampa bay buccaneers continuing to put Leonard Fournette on the field is the most frustrating thing I have ever watched.

Essentially a wasted play every time he touches the ball

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
The NFL is a goddamn joke for not postponing the Broncos game. They will postpone for other teams that have a star player *cough Ravens cough* but fuck the Broncos I guess
The Ravens game being moved had nothing to do with who had COVID. Lamar won't be playing on Tuesday, nor will any of the other 16 players on the COVID list. It was moved because it simply was not safe to play the game, with multiple positive tests coming in on a daily basis. That being said, I agree that the Broncos game should have been moved.

Tell me why the Raiders are the only team to lose a draft pick due to covid violations. Ravens just had 15+ breakout and no talks of violations. . . wtf
Simply getting COVID won't get you slapped with violations. Not wearing masks on the sidelines for example, could potentially put everyone on the field at risk. The Raiders were breaking protocol to the point that the NFL thought they were putting other teams at risk.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Saints are losing a pick too because they were celebrating without masks in the locker room after their win last week.

i would just like to say that the ravens waited until they could get players back and it was long enough to where we lost our starting center and our backup probably has no reps so if we lose its the ravens fault

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
i would just like to say that the ravens waited until they could get players back and it was long enough to where we lost our starting center and our backup probably has no reps so if we lose its the ravens fault
Lol and I'll just say that Dobbins and Ingram aren't playing in this game. The only player they activated off the COVID list who even remotely has a chance to play is Trace McSorely. That being said fuck the Steelers !!!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm confused as to why if an illegal formation at any point pre-snap marks the offense to be penalized when the ball is hiked, even if the ball is hiked from a legal formation, why don't the refs just immediately kill the play like they do for a false start? What the fuck kind of stupid rule is that?

I wasn't able to see the game until the 4th quarter but I'm guessing I'm glad I didn't. Steelers still the worst 11-0 team ever

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Well I wasn't expecting a win, but at least it was an interesting game. I refuse to acknowledge any opinion claiming delay of game shouldn't have been called at the end of the first half. That was a load of shit that really impacted the game. Can't wait for Lamar to be back, RG3 was pretty insufferable for most of this game.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, delay of game should have been called.
Yes, the Ravens should have had a minimum of 10 points, possibly 14 at the half.
No, the Ravens did not "deserve" to win the game.

The Ravens played better than expected, and the Steelers played worse than expected, but the Steelers still were far more effective on both sides of the ball. You can't take the situation at the end of the first half and just arbitrarily add points and assume the rest of the game would have gone exactly the same, because it wouldn't have. There are an infinite number of ways that game COULD have gone, but only one way it DID go. Anyone who watched the game knows the Steelers, despite their miscues, were still the better team that day (not the Ravens fault, as they were missing tons of starters). Hell, the Ravens probably deserved to win the FIRST meeting more so than this one.

I don't blame anyone for being angry at the officials for the end of the first half, and/or the Steelers player for his unsportsmanlike conduct. You have every right to be and there's no denying it screwed the Ravens out of points. It still isn't a guarantee of how the game would have come out, and in all likelihood the Steelers end up winning anyway.

I'm not a Ravens fan but damn if they miss the playoffs by one game, the NFL would get a TON of deserved backlash for forcing this game. If I'm being honest, this year more than any other has proved to me just how much of a fucking joke the league is.
The league forced the Broncos to play A PRACTICE SQUAD WIDE RECEIVER at QB but if they had waited 24 hours then they could have had Drew Lock, Brett Rypein AND Blake Bortles available. But no.
I love football but the NFL is just a joke of a league. Maybe they should have prepared more for playing in a pandemic :mehowth:

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not a Ravens fan but damn if they miss the playoffs by one game, the NFL would get a TON of deserved backlash for forcing this game. If I'm being honest, this year more than any other has proved to me just how much of a fucking joke the league is.
The league forced the Broncos to play A PRACTICE SQUAD WIDE RECEIVER at QB but if they had waited 24 hours then they could have had Drew Lock, Brett Rypein AND Blake Bortles available. But no.
I love football but the NFL is just a joke of a league. Maybe they should have prepared more for playing in a pandemic :mehowth:
The way the NFL has handled playing in the COVID era has to be the worst of the four major sports, narrowly squeaking past MLB. Which is funny considering they had the most prep time.

The way the NFL has handled playing in the COVID era has to be the worst of the four major sports, narrowly squeaking past MLB. Which is funny considering they had the most prep time.
This is the sad part. They had the luxury of prep time other sports did not have. The MLB was in the middle of spring training when all this shit started. The NBA and NHL were nearing the end of the season preparing for playoffs. And what did they do with that prep time?
Jack. Fucking. Shit.
We live in the darkest timeline. Maybe in an alternate universe, Roger Goodell took COVID-19 seriously and establishes actual health protocols preparing for the inevitable. One can only wish but we all know how incompetent Goodell is as a comissioner

Is Drew Brees a system QB or do we only apply incorrect logic to slight Tom Brady

Also extremely tough to watch my favorite team the patriots disrespect my 3rd favorite team like this.

Fire Anthony Lynn 3 months ago

Last edited:
I don't like Bernard too much this week, but because of the QB situation, he should have some touches early. Honestly, if it was me, I would have just done both the WRs (with Gallman) despite their tough matchups.

Can't ever trust a 49ers back. I always guess wrong.

*Edit*

Hope you did go with Brown.
Yep. I went Allen Robinson and AJ Brown. But I forgot to click save when I tried to put Gallman for Mostert...

I went up against Tyreek and still won the week. Good week ig.

I'm 11-2 after this week for ends Fantasy. Got the 1 seed down. Although I don't get a bye though... Kinda annoying tbh...

Can we just say that the NFC Playoff race is really interesting now? If the 49ers actually win today, which they might, we get a really interesting wild card race.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm rooting for history to be made as the Football Team is enshrined as 2020 NFC East champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)