NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I wouldn't immediately have Deshaun as top 3 but yeah he's definitely not that far behind.

But also you say you can't do too much with Goff and Jimmy G but both those guys appeared in super bowls, and one was even leading... As a rule I'm a fan of shifting away from our preconceptions about success ONLY coming from QBs. A truly top tier QB obviously makes success easier, but as Rodgers, Brees, and Rivers all proved, being a great QB isn't always enough.

I am behind on commenting on it but as a Bills fan this year was incredible, I loved it. Having lost my father earlier that year (ironically named Bill as well) to have my team seemingly come together finally and become a team worth respecting wrapped up a rough year really well.

That said, any Lions fans here? Anyone with positive expectations for Goff there?

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
New to the thread, but as a Lions fan, seeing Stafford go kinda sucks, but it's best for both ends.

As for Goff, I'd like to think he can try and return to 2018 form under new ocoord Anthony Lynn, but I'm not hopeful. I'm not going to be shocked if they draft a qb at 7 (wilson, fields, lance, assuming one of the three are available) to have some sort of competition.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
As someone who is rooting hard for the Chiefs in the SB, I can't help but be nervous at what the Bucs pass-rush will do to their battered offensive line.

TheValkyries

given that he's 6-3 i'd say the likelihood is about 66%

As someone who is rooting hard for the Chiefs in the SB, I can't help but be nervous at what the Bucs pass-rush will do to their battered offensive line.
I don't watch the nfl in like a professional capacity but the chiefs bizarre offensive inconsistency has fascinated me and I have no idea what's going on with them, but one of my hypotheses is that despite all the freak highlights of him making throws that are like backfoot cross the field bullshit, that those are still bad decisions and he kinda hurries himself into those bad throws when facing early pass rush. Akin to like steph curry hitting a supremely deep 3, yeah he *can* hit it but he shouldn't do it every time.

given that he's 6-3 i'd say the likelihood is about 66%

I don't watch the nfl in like a professional capacity but the chiefs bizarre offensive inconsistency has fascinated me and I have no idea what's going on with them, but one of my hypotheses is that despite all the freak highlights of him making throws that are like backfoot cross the field bullshit, that those are still bad decisions and he kinda hurries himself into those bad throws when facing early pass rush. Akin to like steph curry hitting a supremely deep 3, yeah he *can* hit it but he shouldn't do it every time.
that bullshit BA/reid scheme of aiming for big plays
if it were a shallower scheme with fewer reads to make for the quarterback you'd see something more equivalent to washington, san francisco, or the revamped scheme for roethlisberger in pittsburgh (shorter passes, dinking to have manageable first downs, quicker releases)

The Bucs need to let Brady air it out this game. No boomerball #establishtherun bullshit.

You need to put up like 35 points to beat the Chiefs and a dumbass run-centric gameplan ain't gonna cut it.

Put the ball in your hands of your best player as many times as possible and let him be what decides whether you win or lose. That's what the Chiefs have done with Mahomes for the last 3 years and that's what the Bucs need to do with Brady. They can't purposely neuter their offense by having playoff Lenny run for 2-3 yards every first down.

TheValkyries

If the bucs don’t hashtag establish the run they will lose. A lot of their big plays come from play action threats and if they don’t kill clock they’ll give the chiefs too many possessions. If they just let Brady throw every down itd be like trying to get into a 3point contest with steph curry. You’re going to lose that.

this is 4head analysis but slow down their strengths and play to yours and you’ll have the best shot at winning.

Establishing the run though doesn’t necessarily mean that every first down has to be a run they can knock that shit off and be fine.

If the bucs don’t hashtag establish the run they will lose. A lot of their big plays come from play action threats and if they don’t kill clock they’ll give the chiefs too many possessions. If they just let Brady throw every down itd be like trying to get into a 3point contest with steph curry. You’re going to lose that.

this is 4head analysis but slow down their strengths and play to yours and you’ll have the best shot at winning.

Establishing the run though doesn’t necessarily mean that every first down has to be a run they can knock that shit off and be fine.
The Chiefs get off the bus with 30 points. You can't slow down the game against them because they can score 21 points in 5 seconds. The Bucs have the 27th ranked rush offense in the NFL and are the most pass happy team on 2nd and 3rd down because of how unproductive they are running on first down. The gameplan of "possessing the ball by running it" has never made sense because the main factor for TOP is 3rd down conversion rate.

I mean in the last game they played the Chiefs had a 14 minute TOP edge and they passed for like 470 yards.

The only way to beat the Chiefs is if your QB has an insanely efficient passing day and you put up 35-40 points.

Given how good the Bucs run defense is, Mahomes will throw 45-50 passes this game easily if the game is remotely close. You aren't gonna beat that with 20 playoff Lenny carries.

The Chiefs are better than the Bucs overall but the Bucs will win the Super Bowl because they have Tom Brady

Even when he doesn't play well they still find a way to win a la 2018

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Kansas City by 3.

Despite what the media may tell you, I don't believe the key to today's game is Tom Brady. I believe it's whether the Tampa Bay dline can consistently get to Patrick Mahomes with 3 and 4 man rushes.

If they blitz, he'll destroy them but if they can get pressure without pulling men from coverage, the Bucs will be in with a decent shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)