Nintendo @ E3 2014 discussion thread

What are you most excited for at this E3 regarding Nintendo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Splatoon is <3

Zelda, though.. where's my tech demo style zelda? WHERE

Fucking Nintendo and their false hopes >_>

Also, where's my metroid? where's my retro?

Still was overall pretty cool though. I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be about Zelda, simply because they chose the cartoonish look again. I don't mind it, but come on, WWHD just released and the last console Zelda was cartoonish too (and not up to standards), do we really need more? Twilight Princess did the series so well. Still genuinely excited though, and I'll buy a WiiU only along with ZeldaU.

Kirby and Yoshi I never liked, never will, didn't here either. It's cool for the fans, but not for me.

They didn't show anything from ORAS besides Kyogre and Groudon being badass. sadness :[

No Star Fox reveal? What were they thinking. (I know its officially announced, but still.)

Devil's Third exclusivity lol.

Bayonetta 1+2 was a neat surprise, well done ninty.
I agree on most of what you said. Yoshi and Kirby tho look adorable and pretty fun at the same time. Yoshi's Woolly World is something I wasn't interested in back in 2013,when they revealed it, but after seeing more footage I'm interested to see how it goes. Also, Xenoblade Chronicles X(super original name) <3. I'm not interested in Bayonetta but coming with the first one is a smart move on Ninty's part. Kirby looks cute and fun but not overly hyped. ORAS hyped me,especially since I never played the original R/S. Also, Mario Maker looked cool but it better be a digital only title for 10 bucks(same with Captain Toad) Zelda U was just a teaser but the game looks gorgeous. Def gonna get it. Hyrule Warriors also looks good. And finally, Splatoon. Omg Splatoon, this game looks awesome.

Last edited:
While the Zelda tech demo did look awesome when they showed it (and I'm a huge fan of the TP art direction), idgaf that the game doesn't look like it because oh my god it looks so pretty. And huge. Like, Xenoblade huge. Thats a good thing. A really good thing.

Also- http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/zelda-creator-teases-that-we-didnt-see-link-in-wii-u-trailer/

If you take the time to look... "Link" has some pretty big hips for a dude. And those bangs look like they belong to someone else...

Splatoon looks awesome. Not just on a visual level, but strategic as well. And its so fresh. I don't think there is anything like this, or that there ever will be.

Also, Hyrule Warriors Zelda is on a new level of badass. AND YOU CAN PLAY AS HER. asdfghjkgycffsncfi

why wasnt she always like this

such waifu

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Link has had a different starting outfit in every game since Majora's Mask, I don't see how this is strange. It's even a very similar outfit to the one he had in Windwaker, which are both the same light blue color that Prince Ashitaka wore in Princess Mononoke, a movie that inspired OoT a lot. The WEIRD thing is that Links "mount" isn't red for once.

New 3DS game (codename STEAM) is a turn based strategy rpg by intelligent systems!

Edit: steampunk London setting, gameplay features action segments similar to valkyria chronicles

Really hyped for this but it might mean SMTxFE could be dead. SMTxFE is reportedly still on schedule, let the hype carry on

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
It looks awesome, but the only thing I'm sad is that IS isn't working on another Advance Wars game (I STILL WILL BELIEVE).

Am I the only one hyped for that Splatoons game? I mean don't get me wrong, ORAS trailer was great, still the game I want most. All the Smash Bros stuff was very cool and interesting, still looking forward to that game next. There were tons of cool game concepts and gameplay designs all around. But Splatoons has been called (rightly imo) "The game I didn't know I wanted." It's not based on an existing franchise, it's a fresh take on a very used style of game, but it looks like a blast. Cool, unique features for a shooter that look like they'll be fun to play, it just looks like a good time. I know at its heart, Nintendo is just a corporation after my money (fucking amiibos no thanks), but they keep releasing products that look fun and fresh, and with recent game, such as XY, they've really been catering to both competitive and casual players. This game looks like a nice blend, and if I'm any good I'd love to try to be competitive at it tbh.
Splatoon was the one thing that surprised me too. (Sorry this reply is late, I have been without internet for a few days and am just catching up.) It reminds me of Miyamoto's last new IP, Pikmin, in that it seems to be taking elements from different genres that traditionally don't mix to make something unique, and wrapping them up in a really colourful, fun-looking package.

That'd be a pretty flat chested girl if that was a linkette...then again, how many people thought Sheik was a dude again despite the obvious breasts?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I'll be sure to think about Zelda's magic futanari penis next time I play that E rated game (serious what is wrong you people), but if Zelda identifies as a girl (and she goes back to wearing a dress in the end), then no Sheik does not have a separate gender.

Way to be so gentle about putting that one out there.

Anyway, I am starting to look into it and so far the results are unclear. Maybe you should also try googling it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Anyway, I am starting to look into it and so far the results are unclear. Maybe you should also try googling it.
Ocarina of Time is over 15 years old. This has been a "debate" since then. It's not unclear, it's not worth googling now, some people in this world are just hopelessly stupid.

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
While the Zelda tech demo did look awesome when they showed it (and I'm a huge fan of the TP art direction), idgaf that the game doesn't look like it because oh my god it looks so pretty. And huge. Like, Xenoblade huge. Thats a good thing. A really good thing.

Also- http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/zelda-creator-teases-that-we-didnt-see-link-in-wii-u-trailer/

If you take the time to look... "Link" has some pretty big hips for a dude. And those bangs look like they belong to someone else...

Splatoon looks awesome. Not just on a visual level, but strategic as well. And its so fresh. I don't think there is anything like this, or that there ever will be.

Also, Hyrule Warriors Zelda is on a new level of badass. AND YOU CAN PLAY AS HER. asdfghjkgycffsncfi

why wasnt she always like this

such waifu
I'm kind of concerned with how the females in Hyrule Warriors are being over sexualized...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)