nj art

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm really fond of Hippowdon, and since somebody requested a Tyranitar, I figured why not give the permasand friends a little tribute?

As per Cartoon's request, here's the sketch.
Feedback welcome and wanted.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I dunno...Tyranitar is a huge mofo and it just somehow seems unnatural to me that he'd be able to ride Hippowdon.

That said, I agree with Cartoons!'s sentiments 100% :D

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
I dunno...Tyranitar is a huge mofo and it just somehow seems unnatural to me that he'd be able to ride Hippowdon.

That said, I agree with Cartoons!'s sentiments 100% :D
Haha, yes, I was waiting for somebody to say that.
Yeah, Tyranitar and Hippowdon are actually the exact same height (although Tyranitar does weigh a considerable amount less).

Oh well, I've always seen the dex entries as averages; so we can pretend it's a really little Tyranitar and an abnormally large Hippowdon, heh.
I'll sacrifice proportions for aesthetics...(at least I think it's pretty pleasing to the eye, I could be totally wrong).

Edit: Actually, if they're counting Tyranitar's height from head to tail and not head to feet, the size might actually be correct. Although they're probably going be the latter.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you're talking about aesthetics, I'd make Tyranitar's legs a bit longer so it properly straddles Hippo, as right now he looks like he's liable to fall off at any second.

The same thing is happening to little Hippo too, where he's standing seems very unstable. I personally would rather have him off the big Hippo altogether than having him wobbily stand on the face.

Dude...these are amazing! Your balance and blending of color in the watercolors is awesome in itself, but I think I'm most in love with your crazy line-art skills!

Keep up the awesome work!

Your line art is amazing, I love the permasand friends picture. I don't think anything needs to be changed size or position wise as it already looks awesome. Can't wait for the finished product.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Not dead, just busy.
Did 3 pieces for the Smog, will post those as soon as I can.

in the meantime boop boop beep its deoxys

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's no rush, but I was just wondering if that Magikarp is in the works?

Don't feel pressured by this, I'm just wondering.

E: Great, thanks!

I agree, draw more Budews, you make them look good. <3

Also, could you draw an Elekid or a Spinda? Or a Rotom (lol preferably Spinda). Thanks C:

Alchemator

Or maybe it's raping it?

How about a mass of Budew acting like lemmings? :D

Alchemator

E: ahahahahhahahah man you're the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)