np: ORAS OU Suspect Process, Round 2 - Spider Man [Metagrossite remains OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What constitutes an enjoyable meta is ultimately subjective, and will differ from person to person. For instance I did not enjoy the suspect ladder metagame because I felt the prominence of balance teams on the ladder was overwhelming, as was the presence of Fairies on a lot of teams and the way they restricting teambuilding in my eyes. However I know a lot of people don't share that view, which is obviously perfectly fine, everyone has their own opinions. It's also the same reason that I'm basing my vote solely on what I think of Metagross and whether it's broken or not as a Pokemon by itself, not by the effect it's ban or not will have on the metagame. I see it as a top threat but not a broken one, as I've stated all along.
Yeah but putting balance in an awkward situation where it has to run counter on skarmory or almomola>slowbro/hippowdon/starmie because one pokemon will just steamroll you is frustrating. Also you kinda have to take into account it's effect on the metagame because thats the point of banning something. Even then viewing by itself as a pokemon it's just too much in power, speed, bulk, coverage and opportunity cost for OU. (you still haven't addressed any of these points)

I feel that mgross's presence didn't make those pokes less viable and creativity in teambuilding? He didn't force you into not being creative and in fact, more creativity would be much appreciated. He works like all sranks: you need to have something to stop them from steamrolling your team. You have to consider him even building but, you also have to consider a bunch of other stuff too and having to think of them doesn't scream broken to me.
Steam rolling usage of defensive slowbro, terrakion, gardevoir and pinsir qualifies as making them less viable. And you don't have to carry something specific for sranks, thats not the point. I carry a blanket physical wall for lopunny or zard x, a CroCM beater like manaphy or unaware clefable for CM users in general, not just for mega sableye. The point of an Srank is too be incredibly good in it's role, not force the metagame into everyteam carrying a specific, less viable than others answer for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)