np: ORAS UU Stage 3.2 - Game of Pricks [Pidgeotite voted BL] - See Post #257

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hello

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-uu-stage-3-2-voting.3544755/#post-6340583

Pidgeot received a majority vote and is now banned from UU.

At this point, Hikari and I are pretty content with the metagame and have no plans to suspect anything for the time being. In other words, please do not post about what to suspect next. We are going to be seeing a tier shift on August 1st so that will be sure to change things up a bit.

For the unaware, the UU Open is starting soon, with signups going up on the 26th. It will be hosted by me, and is one of 6 tournaments that will form the Grand Slam. You can read more about it here. I implore you to sign up if you are interested as this is the one tournament for lower tier players to really get a chance to shine.

Say hello to our new based lord.

Seriously, not much was holding shaymin back from the top-spot, but was holding it back was the popularity of 2 flying types it couldn't hit, M-Aero, and M-Pidge. Now that 1 has dropped in popularity and 1 is banned, nothing really stops it from hitting a lot of the meta really hard. Its coverage is really nice ( Dazzling gleam, earth power, psychic, air slash), and Seed Flare, its main 120 bp STAB, has a 40% chance to lower SpDf by 2 stages means even many special walls don't want to switch in.
252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Seed Flare vs. -2 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 328-386 (45.9 - 54%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
All in all, I can see a big rise in shaymin usage.

Edit; #freeVenomoth

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
YES, VENOMOTH IS DROPPING. TINTED LENS LORD IS HERE. Also, Smeargle is coming, which is sort of cool and sort of bad (I hate Spore so much)

Can't say I'm suprised by this outcome, even if it wasn't the most broken thing it put a lot of strain on building. Looking forward to non baton pass smear god tho.

Seems like a breath of fresh air in the tier. Two new mons, one mon banned. We've got a new Sticky Web setter in Smeargle, which is a boon for wallbreakers and offensive sweepers. It's also interesting to see how Venomoth sweeps with its pseudo-unresisted coverage and decent support movepool despite its low stats.

60%, close votation

with regular ladder up again im kind of convinced that MPidgeot could be in this tier without much problem, but whatever, I can't say I don't see reasons for it to being banned either lol

although not much have changed ladder is pretty fun rn
i guess every playstyle is having it share of glory

let's see what smeargle and moth has to offer for uu

could Sleep Powder + QD + Tinted Lens a viable set in UU? I wasn't around when Moth got banned so I don't know what would be Venomoth viability in UU meta rn

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Guys, stall will be much more useful without the threat of Work Up Pidgeot ruining their lives. So it will be more prominent, I think. And that is good news, because this set decimates stall like tissue paper, if used right.
Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
This set's main purpose is to destroy stall and can hurt slower teams too. After a Swords Dance, Pangoro's attack is boosted to stupidly high levels, letting him break through the sturdiest of walls with it's coverage. Iron Fist boosted Drain Punch helps Pangoro keep himself healthy and hits hard, and Knock Off is useful for knocking off items. Gunk Shot maims Fairies, which is good. Lum Berry is used so a Scald burn doesn't matter the first time. The speed EVS are to outspeed up to univensted Nidoqueen, I believe, although you can make him faster. Pangoro has okay bulk, so it can set up on weak attackers. Sadly, this set isn't very useful against offense, but Knock off utility helps and it still hits hard. Overall, Pangoro got better with Pidgeot gone, and it still has that Choice Band wallbreaking set if you prefer that.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
60%, close votation

with regular ladder up again im kind of convinced that MPidgeot could be in this tier without much problem, but whatever, I can't say I don't see reasons for it to being banned either lol

although not much have changed ladder is pretty fun rn
i guess every playstyle is having it share of glory

let's see what smeargle and moth has to offer for uu

could Sleep Powder + QD + Tinted Lens a viable set in UU? I wasn't around when Moth got banned so I don't know what would be Venomoth viability in UU meta rn
For the record the ban vote was more like 69-70% but 60% was posted because that was the number of ban/total not ban/voted

I have mixed feelings about Bird Jesus dropping because the fact is that it wasn't broken or over centralizing although it made team-building harder. Now that Bird Jesus is gone, in August we get some new toys like Smeargle and Venomoth. I'm very excited about Smeargle because of its very wide support move pool with moves like Spore, Dark Void, Sticky Web, Trick Room and Switcheroo. What I really looking at is the rumors going around that Zapdos falling to UU, although I now don't think it will happen any time soon.

I hear rumors about Rachi coming to UU, if that happens, well, this is what I want to happen to Rachi

View attachment 46612

Also, zapdos might come and I like that because Zapdos is awesome and just so "elegant."

Steven Universe is best cartoon, also I'm heavily looking forward to the grand return of zapdos the lord and savior. Any idea on how soon this would be dropping?

Friendly reminder that exactly zero things were in range to move as of the June stats and while Zapdos, Manectric and Jirachi are all on a relative decline in usage, they'd still have to dip twice as much as they did from May-> June to actually be in range to drop.

It's possible especially because of Hoopa-U influencing half a month's worth of stats but I wouldn't anticipate this being an especially game-changing tier shift for UU, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)