np: SV UU Stage 1: Re-Entry (Beta starts now, bye Espathra!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
Will Morgrem see any serious use as a Grimmsnarl knockoff or is it literally just limited to this one asinine question

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
I don't play the tier but at a glance HO appears to be hilariously broken on first glance... shed tail, ttar, bax, etc

Loaded dice bax is stupendously broken, I doubt it makes it through the month. Lokix is a welcome addition however, I am super interested to see how it stacks up. Maushold is basically mega cinccino, and I think it’s going to force a bulky helmet or rough skin Mon if it gains any traction in the tier. Fuck you Espathra.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:sv/scream tail: :sv/orthworm:
This is the first core I'm thinking of, Scream Tail passes Wishes to Orthworm which is great at checking physical attackers (especially Baxcalibur). Generally has great type synergy too and you get hazards in there. Main thing you need after that is removal. I think Orthworm is gonna succeed here and it won't be because of Shed Tail.

We don't have an auto sun setter. What are you planning on using to set it? We don't really have any good setters. Pelipper, Ttar, and Hippo all being in the tier really don't make manual setting fun.
i was gonna go manual but tbh now i realize that there aren't that many great abusers

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Did like 5 games and I think I'm ready to say Baxcalibur is broken
:sv/baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur @ Choice Band
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
Click the tera button and watch things drop. Orthworm isn't even a counter, dies in 3 hits and deals nowhere near enough damage with Ice weakness removed. One of the main things that stands out about Band Baxcalibur compared to other slow breakers like Gallade and Armarouge is that its bulk is actually very good for an offensive mon and it also has strong priority in Ice Shard. I think the only real counter to this specific set would be physdef Scream Tail. Not to mention Bax can also run DDance and has multiple Tera options. A burn immunity also really fucks over one of the most common defensive trends in the previous meta, that being burn spam with Talon, Rotoms and some others. This mon just takes kills for free and doesn't have big issues switching in, it's crazy.

really excited to see what orthworm can do in a more suitable meta for it, prob still not gonna be top tier but might be really good combined with dd bax especially with it also being able to provide hazard support

image-2.png - 2023-01-01T235706.013.png

Jokes aside about the inevitable banning of the one mon which cheesed me to 1600, and slightly off topic, there's a BUNCH of mons which surprised me that dropped. Rotom-Heat, Toxtricity, Tauros-Fire and, most surprising to me, Tatsugiri. Was there just not enough hype for the funny sushi dragon and nobody would up using it? What a shame too, since it means people will keep using Brambleghast.

New drops are cool but I just happen to coincidentally not care to use any of them. Maus would probably be funny to try in the event i drop to 1400 again though lmfao

I tried Choice band Tyranitar in UU and it's an absolute monster.
tyranitar.gif.m.gif

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Flying
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spdef / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Ice punch
This thing almost 2 hit kos the entire tier and only few pokemon can safely switch into it. Tera Flying allows you to live fighting type attacks and earthquake. It can also run dd or run the Spdef set which makes it unpredictable and can catch your opponent off guard. I'm expecting Ttar to be one of the most meta defining pokemon in UU.

Edit: Typos

Last edited:
Hi ! Here is the post I made at the midtime of UU Alpha :

Hi guys and girls ! I played UU enough to have an opinion about what is Broken in my opinion, what's really good and will stay for sure in the tier and what is usable and pretty good. I also listed all new mons with no interest in UU for the moment.
Remember it's MY opinion, please share your thoughts with me I would love to discuss all of them !

The clearly Quickbanworthy :

(Calm mind + Stored Power with Tera Fairy & Dazzling Gleam... With Sub or Protect as a fourth move... Please stop with this and let's quickban this in January)

The Suspect Worthy :

(This thing is the scariest pokemon if you don't have Blissey, because of how threatening he can be with Tera + Nasty Plot)
(The Tera Fire to make him ignore Ice Shard from Ice Pokemon such as Weavile or Cetitan, with Moxie or Intimidate, an awesome bulk, awesome movepool... Just OMG)
(An amazing typing, with first Impression, Bulk Up... It's one of the scariest mon in this tier)

(There is absolutely no joke, Scarf or Band + Tera Flying and it nukes all the defensives mons)

Very good :

(The combo of a potential good tera typing, recover, body press and rapid spin makes him an awesome defensive pick)
(Belly Drum + Aqua Jet and Tera Water is monstrous, but is that banworthy ? I don't think so for the moment.
(No comment on this, it's a perfect SpDef mon)
(With Suicide lead sets or Shell Smash sets, this thing can't be bad and will always destroy non-prepared teams)

(Hazards, Spin, Volt Switch, body press... This is a perfect Suicide lead)
(DD, good typing, good bulk, Moxie or Intimidate and an awesome Tera user...)
(I never saw him but Psychic Terrain + Unburden and SD seems really good)
(Hazards, Slack Off, awesome bulk and whirlwind)
(Nasty Plot, Hazards and good Tera abuser. The loss of Roost + Defog is annoying)

(Prankster + Screens, T-Wave, Spikes...)
(SD + E-speed and Tera Normal is insane)

(Scarf + Steel trap, Tera Blast to compensate the need of a move who hit Steel types)
(In a meta that offensive like that, it's a king)
(Awesome speed + Roost and Defog, the best Defog user. He resists to First Impression and CC from the Slither Wing and can RK him.)
(Better than Gastrodon because of Unaware, but Tera Grass and Espathra/Gengar explodes him)
(Awesome versus a lot of mons, like Azumarill. Volt turn + WoW or Trick for the coverage, but no Defog or Pain Split anymore)

(The combinaison of Electric/Ground types with an awesome speed and SpAtk makes him a really good pokemon right now with Scarf or Specs)
(The reason why Alomomola is not here. Wish Pass, Encore, potential Tera user...)

(Ice Shard, Ice Spinner, SD, good speed, Tera user...)
(Remember when he was scary ? Now think of it with EVIOLITE)
EDIT :
(I forget the twins, but obviously Slowking with Chilly Reception instead of Teleport still have an amazing pivot move. Scald no here anymore is annoying but not as much as for Slowbro.

Good Pokemon:

(The loss of Scald and Knock Off are important, but it's still a really good Wish passer)
(Intimidate, WoW, Morning Sun, E-Speed... Arcanine can't be "bad")
(Usable in rain only. The loss of Flip Turn and the fact he didn't get Wave Crash make him struggles)
(Hazard setter, with Body Press and Trick Room)
(With Hail, Belly Drum & Ice Shard, this thing is pretty scary)

(Typing & Bulk + Sheer Force + Hazards)
(Hazards + Spin + Ice Shard)
(Adaptability + Tera can possibly save him)
(In rain, with Swift Swim and Shell Smash...)

(Scrappy + Good typing make him really decent)
(Yes, again, but Rain + Wave Crash, Ice Spinner and Aqua jet is the best option for rain teams)
(New toy syndrom with the new ability, it will not be in the tier imo but it's still is a threat for the moment if you're not prepared)
(Too much of raw power in this tier for him to be "very good" but still an awesome pick)
(Awesome bulk, movepool and stats, so maybe with a Tera it can be good. Assault Vest, Band, Specs, Scarf... It's a world of imagination)
(Magic Bounce, CM + Stored Power and Draining Kiss. Suffer from the comparaison with Espathra)
(Not as good as Salamence because of his speed, not the best user of Band First Impression... That's not a bad mon but he suffers)
(He Suffers from comparaison with Slither Wing but still have Guts to be different)

(Not bad for Terrain Combos in HO)
(Not incredible but not bad, maybe in rain teams)
(The typing is awful, Tera for him is maybe not the best idea, but his stats + Booster Energy can make him threatening)

(Hazards + Intimidate, It's not as good as he always have been, but still)
(Good speed, Accelerock, Hazards...)
(His talent with Hazards make him a potential good pick against some Physical pokemon)
(Rain setter, Roost, U-Turn)
(Good with Shell Smash, but not as much as Espathra)

&
(Good mons,
is a bit better but it depends on what you need as typing)

(Screens user, but you don't want to put screens on him... Prankster + Recover/WoW/Taunt/Encore is obviously a good thing)
(Offensive, Defensive + WishPass...)
(It's gimmick but can surprise)
(Water immunity, can counter rain, SD + CC Sucker Punch or Nasty Plot + Vacuum Wave...)
(Specs with Tera + Boomburst)
(Same as Sylveon, but only defensive)
(Same)

(A better Brute Bonnet ?)
EDIT :
(I forget about him !! No Scald, no Teleport, a nerf of Slack Off... He can't even be played with Assault Vest, so I'm guessing in some teams, Slowbro could be better with the Lefties than Slowking... Maybe also a possibility in Trick Room teams...)

The "Niche" pokemon :

(One of the rare decent defoggers in the tier, but this is Altaria...)
(A good movepool, the typing a bit problematic and the only stats problem with him is his speed)
(Rapid Spin, immunity to Hurricane...)
(Like Dhelmise, having three STABs is good, he have a nice typing, but that's all)
(It's gonna be a hot take, but he have the same speed as Cacturne, the same typing, 12 BS more in Atk. The only good thing is his bulk and... x4 weakness to U-Turn makes him just suffers. Wo-Chien seems better defensively)
(Fake Out, Bullet Punch, Close Combat and Headlong Rush, Knock Off, Elementary Punches... His movepool is insane and Guts with Flame Orb or Assault vest makes him really decent...)
(The typing and speed saved him)
(HJK/CC + Scarf/Band, Pure Power and Tera Fighting ?)
(I'm forced, because of Revival Blessing, to put him as a "Niche mon"... But it's just because of a broken move)
(Same as Pawmot...)
(Clearly not that good but his typing and his moveset makes him better than the other bad mons of the gen)
(He's good in Sun, but without Torkoal, it's just a niche pokemon)
(In this meta, sticky is not bad)
(Honestly good versions of Tauros, but why using this instead of another mon ?)
(We can't forget Quiver Dance + Tera)

New mons with no real interest :

Arboliva (He have a decent bulk, an awesome SpAtk, but he's slow with a bad typing and movepool, you don't want to invest Tera in him)
Bellibolt (He's not really usefull, he don't have any coverage, have an average ability...)
Dachsbun (He's immune to fire and he's a Wish passer... but Alomomola is better at this and there is no Fire mon that good to put him in a team instead of the other Wish passers)
Dudunsparce (Just hope for haxx, that's the classic "Use it if you're lucky")
Farigiraf (He have a bad typing, he's slow, it's hard to do something with him)

Grafaiai (I tried this in the first OU days to counter Flutter Mane, it was a FAIL. I thought about him to counter Gengar, it's another FAIL)
Klawf (I'm sad about this but... Not good enough...)
Mabosstiff (A better Mightyena, that's all)
Oinkologne (Next)
Squawkabilly (Good talents, but the stats are awful)

Tatsugiri (Awesome typing but like Kingdra, he lacks of usefulness)
Toedscruel (The typing is so bad, and the fact he hit last is bad... He would love, unlike Amoonguss, to hit Spore fastly)
Veluza (Bruxish is better)
Wugtrio (Don't use this... If you want to make him good, put a Ground Tera and rename this Dugt... Wait... Oh no just use Dugtrio)

Sorry once again for all the grammar mistakes !!

I put in Green what I was pretty right about or not so far, and in Red what I was totally wrong about ! In Orange it's what i'm not really sure about !

For the things who really surprised me :
- Avalugg not in the tier, Blissey either
- Cloyster not in but Polteageist UU
- Magnezone out of UU, Weavile too
- Tinkaton usage, I was not expecting him to be that good
- Armarouge, I'm still not sure why he's here
- Grafaiai...

What are your thoughts about the new pokemons ?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi ! Here is the post I made at the midtime of UU Alpha :

Hi guys and girls ! I played UU enough to have an opinion about what is Broken in my opinion, what's really good and will stay for sure in the tier and what is usable and pretty good. I also listed all new mons with no interest in UU for the moment.
Remember it's MY opinion, please share your thoughts with me I would love to discuss all of them !

The clearly Quickbanworthy :

(Calm mind + Stored Power with Tera Fairy & Dazzling Gleam... With Sub or Protect as a fourth move... Please stop with this and let's quickban this in January)

The Suspect Worthy :

(This thing is the scariest pokemon if you don't have Blissey, because of how threatening he can be with Tera + Nasty Plot)
(The Tera Fire to make him ignore Ice Shard from Ice Pokemon such as Weavile or Cetitan, with Moxie or Intimidate, an awesome bulk, awesome movepool... Just OMG)
(An amazing typing, with first Impression, Bulk Up... It's one of the scariest mon in this tier)

(There is absolutely no joke, Scarf or Band + Tera Flying and it nukes all the defensives mons)

Very good :

(The combo of a potential good tera typing, recover, body press and rapid spin makes him an awesome defensive pick)
(Belly Drum + Aqua Jet and Tera Water is monstrous, but is that banworthy ? I don't think so for the moment.
(No comment on this, it's a perfect SpDef mon)
(With Suicide lead sets or Shell Smash sets, this thing can't be bad and will always destroy non-prepared teams)

(Hazards, Spin, Volt Switch, body press... This is a perfect Suicide lead)
(DD, good typing, good bulk, Moxie or Intimidate and an awesome Tera user...)
(I never saw him but Psychic Terrain + Unburden and SD seems really good)
(Hazards, Slack Off, awesome bulk and whirlwind)
(Nasty Plot, Hazards and good Tera abuser. The loss of Roost + Defog is annoying)

(Prankster + Screens, T-Wave, Spikes...)
(SD + E-speed and Tera Normal is insane)

(Scarf + Steel trap, Tera Blast to compensate the need of a move who hit Steel types)
(In a meta that offensive like that, it's a king)
(Awesome speed + Roost and Defog, the best Defog user. He resists to First Impression and CC from the Slither Wing and can RK him.)
(Better than Gastrodon because of Unaware, but Tera Grass and Espathra/Gengar explodes him)
(Awesome versus a lot of mons, like Azumarill. Volt turn + WoW or Trick for the coverage, but no Defog or Pain Split anymore)

(The combinaison of Electric/Ground types with an awesome speed and SpAtk makes him a really good pokemon right now with Scarf or Specs)
(The reason why Alomomola is not here. Wish Pass, Encore, potential Tera user...)

(Ice Shard, Ice Spinner, SD, good speed, Tera user...)
(Remember when he was scary ? Now think of it with EVIOLITE)
EDIT :
(I forget the twins, but obviously Slowking with Chilly Reception instead of Teleport still have an amazing pivot move. Scald no here anymore is annoying but not as much as for Slowbro.

Good Pokemon:

(The loss of Scald and Knock Off are important, but it's still a really good Wish passer)
(Intimidate, WoW, Morning Sun, E-Speed... Arcanine can't be "bad")
(Usable in rain only. The loss of Flip Turn and the fact he didn't get Wave Crash make him struggles)
(Hazard setter, with Body Press and Trick Room)
(With Hail, Belly Drum & Ice Shard, this thing is pretty scary)

(Typing & Bulk + Sheer Force + Hazards)
(Hazards + Spin + Ice Shard)
(Adaptability + Tera can possibly save him)
(In rain, with Swift Swim and Shell Smash...)

(Scrappy + Good typing make him really decent)
(Yes, again, but Rain + Wave Crash, Ice Spinner and Aqua jet is the best option for rain teams)
(New toy syndrom with the new ability, it will not be in the tier imo but it's still is a threat for the moment if you're not prepared)
(Too much of raw power in this tier for him to be "very good" but still an awesome pick)
(Awesome bulk, movepool and stats, so maybe with a Tera it can be good. Assault Vest, Band, Specs, Scarf... It's a world of imagination)
(Magic Bounce, CM + Stored Power and Draining Kiss. Suffer from the comparaison with Espathra)
(Not as good as Salamence because of his speed, not the best user of Band First Impression... That's not a bad mon but he suffers)
(He Suffers from comparaison with Slither Wing but still have Guts to be different)

(Not bad for Terrain Combos in HO)
(Not incredible but not bad, maybe in rain teams)
(The typing is awful, Tera for him is maybe not the best idea, but his stats + Booster Energy can make him threatening)

(Hazards + Intimidate, It's not as good as he always have been, but still)
(Good speed, Accelerock, Hazards...)
(His talent with Hazards make him a potential good pick against some Physical pokemon)
(Rain setter, Roost, U-Turn)
(Good with Shell Smash, but not as much as Espathra)

&
(Good mons,
is a bit better but it depends on what you need as typing)

(Screens user, but you don't want to put screens on him... Prankster + Recover/WoW/Taunt/Encore is obviously a good thing)
(Offensive, Defensive + WishPass...)
(It's gimmick but can surprise)
(Water immunity, can counter rain, SD + CC Sucker Punch or Nasty Plot + Vacuum Wave...)
(Specs with Tera + Boomburst)
(Same as Sylveon, but only defensive)
(Same)

(A better Brute Bonnet ?)
EDIT :
(I forget about him !! No Scald, no Teleport, a nerf of Slack Off... He can't even be played with Assault Vest, so I'm guessing in some teams, Slowbro could be better with the Lefties than Slowking... Maybe also a possibility in Trick Room teams...)

The "Niche" pokemon :

(One of the rare decent defoggers in the tier, but this is Altaria...)
(A good movepool, the typing a bit problematic and the only stats problem with him is his speed)
(Rapid Spin, immunity to Hurricane...)
(Like Dhelmise, having three STABs is good, he have a nice typing, but that's all)
(It's gonna be a hot take, but he have the same speed as Cacturne, the same typing, 12 BS more in Atk. The only good thing is his bulk and... x4 weakness to U-Turn makes him just suffers. Wo-Chien seems better defensively)
(Fake Out, Bullet Punch, Close Combat and Headlong Rush, Knock Off, Elementary Punches... His movepool is insane and Guts with Flame Orb or Assault vest makes him really decent...)
(The typing and speed saved him)
(HJK/CC + Scarf/Band, Pure Power and Tera Fighting ?)
(I'm forced, because of Revival Blessing, to put him as a "Niche mon"... But it's just because of a broken move)
(Same as Pawmot...)
(Clearly not that good but his typing and his moveset makes him better than the other bad mons of the gen)
(He's good in Sun, but without Torkoal, it's just a niche pokemon)
(In this meta, sticky is not bad)
(Honestly good versions of Tauros, but why using this instead of another mon ?)
(We can't forget Quiver Dance + Tera)

New mons with no real interest :

Arboliva (He have a decent bulk, an awesome SpAtk, but he's slow with a bad typing and movepool, you don't want to invest Tera in him)
Bellibolt (He's not really usefull, he don't have any coverage, have an average ability...)
Dachsbun (He's immune to fire and he's a Wish passer... but Alomomola is better at this and there is no Fire mon that good to put him in a team instead of the other Wish passers)
Dudunsparce (Just hope for haxx, that's the classic "Use it if you're lucky")
Farigiraf (He have a bad typing, he's slow, it's hard to do something with him)

Grafaiai (I tried this in the first OU days to counter Flutter Mane, it was a FAIL. I thought about him to counter Gengar, it's another FAIL)
Klawf (I'm sad about this but... Not good enough...)
Mabosstiff (A better Mightyena, that's all)
Oinkologne (Next)
Squawkabilly (Good talents, but the stats are awful)

Tatsugiri (Awesome typing but like Kingdra, he lacks of usefulness)
Toedscruel (The typing is so bad, and the fact he hit last is bad... He would love, unlike Amoonguss, to hit Spore fastly)
Veluza (Bruxish is better)
Wugtrio (Don't use this... If you want to make him good, put a Ground Tera and rename this Dugt... Wait... Oh no just use Dugtrio)

Sorry once again for all the grammar mistakes !!

I put in Green what I was pretty right about or not so far, and in Red what I was totally wrong about ! In Orange it's what i'm not really sure about !

For the things who really surprised me :
- Avalugg not in the tier, Blissey either
- Cloyster not in but Polteageist UU
- Magnezone out of UU, Weavile too
- Tinkaton usage, I was not expecting him to be that good
- Armarouge, I'm still not sure why he's here
- Grafaiai...

What are your thoughts about the new pokemons ?
I don't really understand this post. You mentioned that you have played UU Alpha, but how are you unfamiliar with why Pokémon like Tinkaton and Grafaiai are top tier ATM, and referring to Pawmot as a niche Pokémon carried by Revival Blessing is absurd.

Also, what do the colour codes mean? I've tried scanning the post but nothing came up. It it does it makes your post hard to read.

I don't really understand this post. You mentioned that you have played UU Alpha, but how are you unfamiliar with why Pokémon like Tinkaton and Grafaiai are top tier ATM, and referring to Pawmot as a niche Pokémon carried by Revival Blessing is absurd.

Also, what do the colour codes mean? I've tried scanning the post but nothing came up. It it does it makes your post hard to read.
I think you just read the stuff that was in the "Post" tab. The rest of his post is a review of his previous post. It also talks about the colours and the corrections to what they got wrong.

i might be wrong, but Psychic Terrain teams could stay viable even without Espathra in this stage of the meta. Especially when there's Lokix and Slither Wing spamming FImps literally everywhere. I've also been using the Trick Room EForce Armarouge set i posted before and it's going well so far. Not the best, but definitely gets the jump on those usually speedy mons.

Also Maushold is a demon if you don't prepare for it lmao. Not broken (i think) but definitely needs watching out for because damn. Full-on sweep if you're not careful.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1760715124-zf92xj0fcdka4aa3esuqws6g3gnx6rcpw

As someone told you, I made the initial post on the beginning of the UU Alpha, were Grafaiai and Tinkaton were not that popular from what I saw. Now I just, for myself, wanted to compare what was my initial thoughts and what's the UU now, if I was wrong or not.

Goodbye broken Chleopatra clone!

Hi Kyurem at home!!
:sv/baxcalibur:
Banded and DD looking strong AF rn. And is inmune to Talonflame burn.

:sv/orthworm:
Another great steel type wich like Tink porbably is more than a gimmick. Phys def could be a good Tytar and Bax check (hi terrablast)

:sv/wo chien:
As a fun note, the other 3 member of the dark quartet are top 10 in OU when this isnt top tier even in UU

GL to everyone playing the meta..
Also ban Staraptor (pls)

I'm not the best, but lemme post a set that I threw together as more of a meme than anything but has been performing really well for me so far
356px-Pokedex_Image_Spidops_SV.png

Spidops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Circle Throw
This weird spindle spider has been a surprisingly potent Webs setter in the short time I've been using it. Webs is obviously the main feature and the thing it'll be clicking first in pretty much every battle it's in, but on top of the bonus Spikes-Shuffling utility, it acts as an AMAZING bait for setup-oriented Pokemon who think they can just start treating it as fodder by either pelting them with a Circle Throw, or a slow U-Turn that can put them in a disadvantageous matchup they HAVE to switch out of. Focus Sash acts as insurance for all of the above-mentioned utility: it can guarantee Webs, at least one attempt at a Circle Throw to put a potential snowball on hold (or it can afford you a second chance because lol 90 accuracy), it can let you shuffle one last time to get a potentially crucial bit of chip on a vital mon before going down, etc.
The most gimmicky part of this set is by far the Ghost Tera Type, but the rationale behind it is simple: A spinner, say Brambleghast or Donphan, think they can come in and spin to undo all of your hard work? Terastallize, U-Turn, swap into a teammate that can force them out in turn to preserve your Webs for another few sweet turns. Burning Tera on a mon with next to no direct offensive pressure can feel really bad in the moment, but I find that it often gets me in such a good position that a Tera on one of my more offensive moves goes entirely unneeded.
Also Insomnia...is an ability. It's saved me from the odd Brute Bonnet Spore but it's largely only there simply because Stakeout doing anything with THOSE offensive stats is a bigger joke than this thing's BST.
Biggest weaknesses in my experience have been just general smart play rendering the entire set pointless by realizing what it's gonna do before falling for it (such is the life of a gimmick) and, more specifically, a Noivern showing up on the enemy team and just doing it's thing-which just happens to include not having its hazard removal blocked by Tera Ghost and threatening a Sash-activation into Flinch Hax combo in a single Air Slash. Noivern isn't exactly the most common Pokemon going by the recent usage stats, so you think this wouldn't be much of an issue, but it's shown up quite a bit in the games I've played on ladder this morning, so it's still something to consider.
Edit: Also Defog Talonflame shuts this down in the same exact fashion too and it's WAY more used than Noivern is so lol yeah whoops

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)