NU Discussion Thread (Mark II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wtf!? All the calcs are for modest raichu which guareentees that that it will be outsped by all base 100s that want to aswell as sharpedo, zangoose, raticate and kangashkan.

That isnt reliable at all =/

Also Proboscidea, that ideas been around for a while, and while it does work on plenty of teams, its not as reliable as it sounds as its so obvious to figure out what your doing. For instance, as soon as you switch in jumpluff a taunter or something that can do 50% to linnone through momento, such as primeape can switch in.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yes, I'm trolling.

Sceats, being the NU beast he is, is trolling too. So is everyone that dosen't think raichu is good.

EDIT: 60/55/80 < 75/67/95 More than a little

What a pretentious post. Sceats isn't trolling but you are. You've given up debating and are screwing around.

My mistake on Magmortars bulk. I thought it had lower defenese.

I don't think Raichu is godly, I just think it's underated. Its a good pokemon to use.

You know what's really underrated? Parasect! It has the best sleep move in the game as well as SD. What's not to like?

You know what's really underrated? Parasect! It has the best sleep move in the game as well as SD. What's not to like?
I like Parasect as a Pokemon but the 4x weakness to Fire and Flying is kinda scary...
Just to name one Pokemon that can revenge OHKO Raichu: FlareBlitz from Rapidash.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wait wtf!? All the calcs are for modest raichu which guareentees that that it will be outsped by all base 100s that want to aswell as sharpedo, zangoose, raticate and kangashkan.

That isnt reliable at all =/
Raticate?
Its terrible in NU.

I'm pretty sure Kanga and Zangoose run attack plus, and Sharpedo runs Naughty...

Also, the timid calculations were posted a while back [which aren't bad]

ps: Sceats we've debated before LOL.

Don't worry I ru Meganium in NU toits fullest potential. :P

PK Gaming

Persona 5
look. lets end this, once and for all- raichu is underrated, but not amazing (or even that good).
Thats good to hear. I still think Raichu a solid pokemon. [not amazing]

and the second best electric type in the whole tier. Magneton being the first of course.

[you contested that Manectric was better]

THATS what started the whole debate.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
All of those calcs are with +2, so raichu fails to 3hko (even 4hko) 90% of those of those without a NP :P
Most of them are 3HKO's.
[2HKO on some with SR]

This can be applied to Manetric as well.

Or hell CM Raikou! Its still UU top dog and its walled by a good amount of Raichu's counters.

note I am not saying Raichu is on par with Raikou.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
*facepalm*
lets not start this again, okay :D

lets just keep our opinions
Fair enough.

I think we can agree that Manectric isn't THAT good. [has more counters than NP Raichu. It can switch items to cripple counters but it loses a fair bit of power]

PS: apparently you joined a month before me and have 6X the amount of posts. You must debate often!

;)

Most of it is from wifi, trade threads really do take up a lot of posts :)

I personally feel that manectric is one of the best in the tier, and have used it to great success, but you can feel differently.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
Most of it is from wifi, trade threads really do take up a lot of posts :)

I personally feel that manectric is one of the best in the tier, and have used it to great success, but you can feel differently.
Meh, to be honest I don't Manetric is bad. [using it against you for ammo]

and it's trickspecs set is pretty fun.

haha, thats pretty funny :)

How about this sweeper?

Pinsir@LO
X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Close Combat/Quick Attack

Easily sets up, and can destroy the common core of MilKing. Quick attack lets it beat sucker punch users.

Best sweeper in NU IMO :)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
Pinsir's stronger than I give it credit for. Possibly the best yes. Strong and bulky. If it were fadter it would be a monster.

Does anyone think that Agility parasect will work? Just thinking, Spore, agility, sweep. It may work.

Sharpedo isn't given enough credit either. It's super frail, but with a CB it can 2hko pretty much all of NU :D

EDIT: I can see Agility Parasect working decent enough, except it'd still get walled easily. :/

I can attest to the power of SD Pinsir, I have been swept by it before as my team depends on the core MilKing. A bit more speed would be nice, along with a cool secondary typing to get rid of that rocks weakness, but he's still really good.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hm, just thought of something. How would Pupitar do in NU (Sorry, but I love NFEs)?? I was thinking of using him in UU, but Rhyperior is pretty much better in every way except Special Defense, I guess (He's faster and stronger after a Rock Polish than Pupitar is with a Dragon Dance up). I know Rhydon is allowed in NU, but how would Pupitar do?? Here's the proposed set:

Pupitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 8 HP/252 Atk/248 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Rest

Just in case anyone is wondering, Pupitar is Rock/Ground, just like Rhyperior. Reaches 400 Attack and 330 Speed after a Dragon Dance, enough to outspeed +ve Base 100s. Best used in Sandstorm, as Pupitar has usable Special Defense (Although his typing is shit). Rest and Shed Skin allows you to play with Lady Luck.

Hi guys!

We will be hosting an NU team battle this coming Sunday!

20:00 Sunday 11th April (London, UK Time) on the CAP server.

• Sun 20:00 BST (London, UK)
  • Sun 15:00 EST (New York, US)
  • Sun 14:00 CST (Chicago, US)
  • Sun 12:00 PST (Los Angeles, US)
Essentially a team battle is a battle in which two teams of battlers have to each create a squad of NU Pokemon under certain constraints (such as selection and time), and then two elected competitors face the teams off in a battle. This is a big test of team building, NU knowledge and teamwork abilities, and all who want join in, or spectate, are welcome.

Full details of what a teambat is can be found HERE and an example of our most recent teambat can be found HERE.

To join in the discussion about NU's viable Electric-types, Magneton has traditionally been the most popular, viable and effective, followed by Manectric (particularly since it gained access to Trick). This is, of course, based purely on NU statistics and the experience we have since starting NU, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and furthermore certain Electric Pokemon are more suited to certain teams or fill specific niches.

I personally find Magneton to be far and away the most useful Electric-type.

Hope to see some of you passionate NU debators on Sunday for a bit of good healthy competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)