NU Index and Reservation Thread

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is there nothing else up for reservation?
No, unless people pm me asking them to reassign. Also Trollfreak you already gave up an analysis, I'm not going to let you reserve another one until you finish writing all the ones you have now. Braviary is still up for reservation.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, I'm willing to do Dustox :)
I'm going to be going over the joke designated Pokemon soon and assigning them to "funny" people like some of the older ones. Read gen4 Spinda or Luvdisc for an example.

Edit: Jellicent is taking over Persian, Kecleon is up for reservation.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to be a little bit silly here and ask whether Seadra deserves an analysis. With Eviolite and max investment, it has almost the same physical bulk as Alomomola, but an actually usable Special Attack stat, and good speed on top. Rest Talk isn't great but it's there for recovery. Whilst it doesn't get Wish, it does get Disable, which is pretty damn usable with Seadra's speed. It even gets Clear Smog to act like haze, and it can still Dragon Dance (albeit not very well)

With good bulky Waters like Slowking and Lanturn gone, I think it might be worth reconsidering it. It can run a Specially Defensive spread and get good mixed defenses of 314 / 339 / 311, or it can go fully physical and have 314 / 476 / 189 defenses instead. Meanwhile, even uninvested its Special Attack of 226 and Speed of 206 aren't bad at all for a tank. I'm thinking the set would look something like this...

name: Defensive
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: Scald
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Eviolite
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

And then you could mention stuff like Disable and Clear Smog in AC. Thoughts? I'm going to test this out when I get the chance.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Updated and all that. Couple of things to bring up:

Both Ampharos and Hypno are open for reservation again.

Also, Kecleon and Golduck can be taken over to be written. Just copy the respective skeletons into a new thread and go directly to the GP stage. If you have any questions about this, ask me or one the two heads.

Kecleon skeleton
Golduck skeleton

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I've tested Seadra thoroughly and I've been thoroughly impressed. Swellow can't even 2HKO the physically defensive one with Brave Bird and gets destroyed by Ice Beam, whilst Adamant Scarf Sawk can even fail to 3HKO with Close Combat if you're lucky, and gets wrecked by Scald. CB Rapidash can't do shit, even Wild Charge fails to 2HKO. Stuff like Regirock is also destroyed, whilst it could deal more effectively with Alomomola.

I've been using Scald / Ice Beam / Toxic / Rest with Aromatherapy support from Vileplume, and as a straight-up physically bulky Water it's been very impressive overall. And when I say stuff gets wrecked, it actually does. Whilst Wartortle and Alomomola can fail to OHKO even these frail opponents, Seadra has much fewer problems as it can score many OHKOs in offensive opponents with SR, and the inevitable residual damage from Life Orbs and recoil moves, and can thus make a better bulky Water on offensively-orientated teams that don't need Wartortle and Alomomola dragging their momentum down.

Using Disable over Toxic also gives it the niche of beating any CB attacker below 206 Speed, and many above it.

tennisace

I'm in a really good mood and I faced that Seadra before so yes, approving Seadra.

Also I'm going to take Braviary from FakeHaydenTroll.

erisia

Innovative new design!
I'm in a really good mood and I faced that Seadra before so yes, approving Seadra.
Excellent! In which case I'd like to reserve Seadra, since I've now written up Simipour, only have Lampent left to write up, and I'm confident I can handle it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)