Tournament NUPL VI - Finals [Won by the Busted Team Player Cats]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
[#2] Busted Team Player Cats (5) vs. [#4] Reckless Rhydons (3)
USUM NU: Rodriblutar vs. Cdumas - Rodri seems to be doing really well in a bunch of tournaments right now and Cdumas is probably more focused on OU atm. Two very good players, but favoring the guy who is a bit hotter and more competent in NU directly.
USUM NU: Lycans vs. Teddeh - Just use something other than Zap Cannon Slowbro as your opposing CM Slowbro counter and you're good to go
USUM NU: Poek vs. lax - Two solid players and I think Poek is better overall even, but Lax has been doing very well lately and has a great grasp on NU right now, so I think he can do well against a likely FLCL build with Poek as the pilot
ORAS NU: Lednäh vs. Snou
BW NU: soulgazer vs. HJAD - This one's going to be nasty no matter what happens, but I need to have my weekly dosage of SG is the lower tier GOAT and I'm not doing WCOP predicts, so...
DPP NU: crayon pop vs. Yui.
ADV NU: Hogg vs. M Dragon - M Dragon actually looks really good in this metagame from what I can tell, so I think it's hard to go against him.
Bo3: FLCL vs. Dundies - Superior click click click.

Close series, gl both!

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
[#2] Busted Team Player Cats vs. [#4] Reckless Rhydons
USUM NU: Rodriblutar vs. Cdumas
USUM NU: Lycans vs. Teddeh
USUM NU: Poek vs. lax
BW NU: soulgazer vs. HJAD
ADV NU: Hogg vs. M Dragon
Bo3: FLCL vs. Dundies

rhydons prob win tiebreaker

go cats though because i random selected them in a room poll before nupl started

Last edited:
I'd make full predictions, but I'd just be predicting the Rhydons to win every game, so intead:

Objectively more relevant Rhydons team statistics:

Number of Rhydons banned from the NU Discord server at some point during the season: 4

Number of times “click” or a variation of the word (clicking, clicker) was said in the team discord: 98

Number of Cofaiclus quote winposts: 17

Number of users who changed their name because of being tagged by Rhydons: 1

Number of times Teddeh referred to an opponent with “cum sponge” or “cum bucket": 4

Number of times hit by opposing Zap Cannon Slowbro: 3/3 (100%)

Number of times own Slowbro Zap Cannon’s hit: 4/17 (23%)

Number of wigs flown: too many to count

Now, lets take a look at the TOP 6 quotes from our good luck charm and man of few words, Cofaiclus.

"Every pokemon has its beauty, but not everyone sees it."
- Cofaiclus, wise philisopher
Quoted by: Cdumas
Location of quote: Week 3
This was a very inspirational quote found by our legendary frenchman Cdumas that inspires us all to find the inner beauty in all Pokemon.

"wherever you go, go with all your heart"
- Cofaiclus, chinese philosopher
Quoted by: Dundies
Location of quote: Week 1
This was the first of many inspirational quotes from Cofaiclus that the Rhydons used to empower their spirit and lead them to the greatest season by any team in the history of the NeverUsed Premier League. This set the precedent for everything and is very fitting of its place on this list.

"One loses all the games that one does not win." - Cofaiclus 882 AD
Quoted by: Teddeh
Location of quote: Week 6
This quote points to the true thought of Cofaiclus' genius, with the complex ideas of losing and winning are compared in an extremely thought-provoking manner. This quote by our manager, Teddeh, helped refocus the Rhydons and make the push for playoffs.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Cofaiclus to the Reckless Rhydons who currently reside in 7th place but still have a chance (541 BCE)
Quoted by: lax
Location of quote: Week 6
This quote was direct advice from Cofaiclus to the Rhydons to never give up and make the comeback that they have made. Great words to remember and we are honored above all to receive them.

"Clicking is a social construct made up by people who think they're better than the people they lose to."
- Cofaiclus, 0 AD, shortly before his crucifixion
Location of quote: Semifinals
This is a quote that reminds us about the corruptness of those who call others "clickers", and how it just the elitist mentality full of negative energy. Cofaiclus was able to still show and radiate positive energy, even as his crucifixion was about to happen.

"Click click click"
- Cofaiclus, Chinese clicker
Location of quote: Week 7
The quote that brings us all together. This quote was especially meaningful after Dundies had clicked finch in quite the series, and he decided to share it all with us. The clicks of those who clicked before us inspired us to click a world where the future generations could click as well.

Click on, and go Rhydons!

(shoutout to Taskr for the cute art!!)​

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Busted Team Player Cats (4) vs. Reckless Rhydons (4)

Gooo Rhydons!

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Busted Team Player Cats (4) vs. Reckless Rhydons (4)

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
"FORZA RHYDONIA" - ragmatho Chinese demigod, 2018 AD, right after his resurrection.

thanks lilligants for another great experience, reaching semis with an underrated team once again. I wish i could have helped more teambuilding wise, but these weeks have been rly busy for me.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
"Xatu used Roost" -Cofaiclus, 201 ad ragmatho

Ok, now my run is probably over, and I gotta say I had fun, way more than I had before in the OU community. I really like the NU community and I hope to have the chance to stay in the tier in the future. Ended up with a good personal record, which is 7-2 (1 lost in SM NU, 1 lost in ORAS NU; 7 wins in ORAS NU) and I couldn't have done it without the huge support I was given by my mates!
First of all, I've got to thank Teddeh , who was always there to help me out since I haven't learnt to build in ORAS NU yet.
Secondly, a huge shoutout to honchkrow , for the support in the last weeks and for the team I used in finals.
Then, there are a lot of ppl i've got to thank for their support: carcy HJAD lax DurzaOffTopic dibs neomon Realistic Waters
ty and hope to see you next year :3

FORZA RHYDONIA

edit: Won against Lednah, gg bro! http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6nu-385828

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)