Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
POKEMON LEAFGREEN NUZLOCKE

First Nuzlocke I've done.

RULES
First pokemon in each area only
If a pokemon faints it is treated as dead
Nicknames are cool so you must use them.

PART ONE: MY FIRST NUZLOCKE RUN
(IN REALTIME)

0800: Started game.
0802: Recieved Bulbasaur (DINO BOY)
0804: Won battle against Rival RIVAL.
0807: Got Oak's Parcel.
0809: Delivered.
0813: Went to Route 22, caught Mankey (PIGFACED)
0815: Went to Route 1 to train. Met the KILLER RATTATA.
0816: PIGFACED died by Rattata critical hit.
0816: DINO BOY died by Rattata critical hit.
GAME OVER :(

PART TWO: IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED...

This time, in honor of his predecessor, Bulbasaur was named CRITTER (Double meaning.) Then I named my rival LAVIR - I wanted the exact opposite of what happened last time. Apart from that, it was the same thing as last time, beating Rival, then getting the parcel, until Route 22...

A level 5 Spearow!! I really needed it for my team, but it could destroy my hopes earlier than last time! I decided to take a risk and Tackle. Only about 1/4 damage, but was it enough? Peck did around 45% with STAB and super-effectiveness, so I tried again and got it in the yellow. I got Pecked again, and ended up at 3HP out of 23. I tried a Pokeball... 1... 2... 3... Yes! I named him FLYAWAY, because I'm just uncreative, I guess. But I had some unfinished business...

The DEATH RATTATA of Route 1. The Level 3 that swept me away just a while ago. Two Pecks and Rattata was smashed to pieces. There we go.

Next Time: Training and Rival LAVIR.

Alive:
Bulbasaur 'CRITTER' Lv. 7
Male + Mild
Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed

Spearow 'FLYAWAY' Lv. 5
Male + Careful
Peck, Growl

PART THREE: THE ENDLESS GRINDING

Route 2, I found a Pidgey, which I didn't like. It was probably best that I decided to run, because I had to do some serious levelling, made worse by what I found in Viridian Forest...

A level 4 Metapod. Seriously!? This would need a lot of levelling up before I had any chance against Rival LAVIR. Oh well, decided to catch, seeing as it might come in useful later on. I nicknamed it BUG EYED, because it's a Bug type... I didn't realize at the time that there was more to the nickname than I thought. After around an hour's levelling, my team were at level 10 and my BUG EYED was now a Bug-eyed Butterfree. Went back to Route 22 and faced LAVIR again.

First up was Pidgey vs. FLYAWAY. After a worrying Gust from Pidgey, FLYAWAY pecked the poor thing to death. Then was a real worry; Charmander, my rival's starter. CRITTER was ineffective against it, I didn't think FLYAWAY could handle another battle, so I had only one choice...

In BUG EYED's first real battle, it was definitely a worry; she was weak against the powerful Ember, but surprisingly, I got lucky - not a single Fire type attack. BUG EYED blew Charmander away with a powerful Confusion. Lucky me. LAVIR goes on about how to beat the E4 (Without any badges?) and then it's time to start Viridian Forest for real.

PART FOUR: THE FIRST BADGE

Not much to be said. Advice for fellow FireRed/LeafGreen Nuzlocke players;

Bulbasaur owns the first two or three gyms
Charmander at Lv. 13 learns Metal Claw to beat Brock
Squirtle is cool. It can also beat Brock easily.
Flying-types > Viridian Forest Bug-types
Grind
Bulbasaur evolves into final form at Lv. 32, four levels earlier than the other starters.
No good Pokemon against flying to start unless you are lucky and get Pikachu in Viridian Forest

OK, that's about enough. Back to the actual challenge.

I LITERALLY flew through Viridian Forest with my FLYAWAY. It's better if you get Spearow than Pidgey; Spearow has a Flying-type move at the start, but you have to wait till level 9 to get Gust on Pidgey. Either one is good here, though, and you probably won't get Spearow on Route 22 because of the low encounter rate. That's about it in the Forest.

To Pewter City! You can go to the museum but there's nothing really interesting there. Anyways, the Gym. Brock is a cool guy. Who doesn't like Rock-types? This is your first experience against a Geodude - you'll be seeing them A LOT a bit later in the game. Many Pokemon can be used to beat this guy... listed here.

Charmander... Level 13 - Metal Claw
Mankey......... Level 11 - Karate Chop
Squirtle......... Level 7 - Bubble
Bulbasaur...... Level 10 - Vine Whip

Long story short, it was easy. Vine Whip was actually less effective on the first guy than Brock, although Onix got one Tackle in. I got the TM Rock Tomb, but have nothing that can use it... Got Running Shoes, and began my adventure into the UNKNOWN...

Alive:
FLYAWAY
Spearow - Lv. 12
Male + Careful
Peck, Growl, Leer
I couldn't have beaten Viridian Forest without him.

BUG EYED
Butterfree - Lv. 12
Female + Hardy
Harden, Confusion
Hasn't had a chance to 'spread her wings' yet.

CRITTER
Bulbasaur - Lv. 14
Male + Mild
Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
Here's hoping I can keep him alive until Gym 3...

As far as black and white nuzlocks go I didn't have a problem with N or gheist. Only pokemon I lost was My big black dragon and I didn't really care because I just had got him. Srafty can pretty much OHK everything in game other then the fighting E4 member.

I don't think I could do this challenge. Most of my training methods involve something exploding and/or using Memento.

Okay, so im doing my first nuzlocke on black, and this is my team as of me just entering nimbasa city:

Draco: Lv 23 Servine
Puckerman: Lv 26 Scraggy
Carl: Lv 22 Darumaka
Tut: Lv 20 Yamask
ILIKETURTL: Lv 25 Tirtouga

Deceased:
Not a Mudkip, the Palpitoad
Balboa, the Roggenrola

Reserve:
Col.Fluff, the Cottonnee
George, the Panpour.

I was going to Nuzlocke Black with Snivy as starter too! I would nickname him Smugon, for all you guys on the forums.

I just realized... Grass types are super effective against 'Futachimaru' haha

just posting to say that i am currently trying to find a way to get past elesa...
my current team can't take multiple volt switches and servine falls to aerial ace and flame charge...
didn't get lucky enough to find a sandile but found a dwebble and i will try to beat her with rock attacks and dig...but i seriously doubt that i can make it...
i wish i had found a blitzle or sandile...

Im relying solely on my Scraggy with dig to beat elesa. I have now idea what i'm going to do against the emolga's though. I really wish my palpitoad hadn't died :(

So, yeah... starting some Nuzlocke shenanigans. Sorry about the poor writing; I hope it'll do. At any rate, I'll be updating pretty often at first.
Today was the day; after a month of preparation and worry, I would finally begin my journey as a Pokémon Trainer. My journey wouldn’t be like that of most others, though; mine was marked with pain and despair. It all began (or, rather, my chapter of it began) just less than one month ago.
I was strolling around New Bark Town late at night when I discovered a shadowy apparition. It was large and indistinct, but I could tell that it was humanoid. Without any introductions or other ado, it began to relate a terrible truth to me:
“The world of Pokémon has been consumed by evil. Evil crime syndicates all over the known world have been wreaking havoc, and a dark curse has fallen across the land. You are needed to dispel this curse and save the world of Pokémon.” I completely did not believe him at this point, but what was truly unbelievable was soon to follow.
“Since the beginning of the world, five great spirits have governed and protected Pokémon and people alike. These spirits shall give you the strength to face the darkness, but their aid comes at a terrible price.
“The first spirit is the Spirit of Life. It can keep the rest of the world safe from the curse as long as you struggle against it, but there is a grave downside: the entire weight of the curse falls upon you. Should any of your Pokémon faint in battle, they shall die. It is simply unavoidable.” I was appalled at the thought of Pokémon dying should I lose a single battle, and was stunned into silence as the being continued.
“The Spirit of Justice is the second of these spirits. It will allow you to bring the criminal syndicates around the world to their knees, but its aid will only go to one who shares its attributes: you must be just in spreading the risk of your adventure across the Pokémon of the regions. In each route or city, you have merely one chance to add a Pokémon to your team; should you knock it out, flee from it, or simply fail to obtain it, you will be unable to try again in that place.
“The Spirit of Power is the third spirit watching over you. Swathed in its glory, you will have the strength to topple the five Champions and obtain the emblems of each region; these are the keys to unlocking the curse. However, his assistance comes with a price: should you not trust in it by leveling your team to great extremes or calling upon the strongest of Pokémon, it will not aid you.
“The fourth spirit is the Spirit of Pride. It manipulates that trait in others, and will clear a path for you to fight the battles that you were destined to. However, it is naturally very prideful: Any purchase of healing items or aid from other Trainers will invoke its wrath.
“The final spirit is the Spirit of Valor. Its strength will give you the courage to suffer through the dire task the spirits have set you; whoever, your Pokémon may not use a victory to flee from battle, for cowardice is frowned upon.” All of this led me to the overwhelming conclusion that I was dreaming; I pinched myself and felt nothing. However, this dark being apparently perceived my doubts. It reached into my heart with its frigid, soul-sucking abyss of an appendage; its grip, I was now certain, was that of Death itself.
“You have one month to prepare. Be of good cheer, though: you are not forced to accept this burden. You may, if you choose, pass it on to another… but someone shall have to do it, and you are our greatest hope.” With that, the shadows withdrew, obscuring the being that spoke to me.
That is how I came to be here, one month later. I knew that the challenge before me was horrific and unbearably difficult, but I knew that I couldn’t live with myself if I were to place that burden on somebody else. When the ghostly being appeared in my bedroom, my answer was clear, despite the quavering voice that betrayed my fear:
“I accept.”

No team/boxed/death yet because the run hasn’t actually started. Sorry to disappoint.

For elesa, eviolite is a real help since by that time, no one on your team is usually fully evolved and it helps taking volt switches a lot.

PART FIVE: TOUGH TIMES, TOUGH TRAINING

Lots has happened recently. I overleveled Bulbasaur, to lv. 14, and going through Mt. Moon would probably increase it. The main thing is to welcome the newest member of the team...

PIGNOSE the Mankey

She's actually quite useful for me at the moment... I finally have something to teach Rock Tomb, so can beat Flying-types. It was a lot of training, I tell you. But about level 9, something happened that really worried me.

She got poisoned. With 9HP left, could I make it to the Pokemon Center in time? 8HP, 7, 6... With only three steps to spare, I made it. Once at level 11, PIGNOSE learned Karate Chop, to destroy absolutely everything. A lot of moveset changes since last time as well - FLYAWAY learned Fury Attack, BUG EYED learned Poisonpowder and Sleep Powder (:D) and CRITTER learned Sleep Powder as well after slightly more levelling. Slowly, I made my way through the tunnel until...

'Congratulations! Your CRITTER evolved into IVYSAUR!'

That was great... CRITTER was now the best Pokemon on my team. Had a few close calls, taught my new PIGNOSE Mega Punch, and went into Cerulean.

PART SIX: THE AI HAS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE?

Let's not forget my newest catches in Mt. Moon and Route 4 - BATTY the Zubat at Lvl. 7 (can't be bothered to train right now, already have two flying types anyway) and DEATH RAT at Lvl. 10. Who can guess who or what DEATH RAT is?

Yeah, the annoying rodent that killed me in PART ONE. Either way, off to the gym!

First trainer's Pokemon can be taken down in one Vine Whip each. Your Grass-type should be around Lv. 18 at this time. For second Trainer, may take two. But will still get lots of EXP ;D

Now Misty is hard, let alone in a Nuzlocke. Because, let's not forget, this IS a Nuzlocke, and if a Pokemon's health is 0, that's it. It is dead. Either way, for Staryu, use Sleep Powder and then just Vine Whip all the way. Luckily for me, Staryu used Harden before falling asleep - you may not be so lucky. Next is Starmie at Lvl. 21. This is HARD. If you don't have a Grass-type, it's probably over, even with Electric. Starmie could use Swift to stop you in your tracks... It never misses and does a fair amount of damage too. As for the battle, I used Sleep Powder after Swift did a lot of damage. Starmie woke up almost instantly, and CRITTER went down to 10HP - I got the next hit in and won just in time. I got a huge amount of EXP and CRITTER went up to Lvl. 20. Great! (Or, as some might say, Epic Win)

NEXT TIME... Rival LAVIR and the Deathly Taillows
(OK, I might have lied about the Deathly Taillows)

Alive:
CRITTER - Ivysaur
Lv. 20
Sleep Powder, Tackle, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
Overlevel'd indeed

FLYAWAY - Spearow
Lv. 14
Peck, Leer, Growl, Fury Attack
Underlevel'd indeed

PIGNOSE - Mankey
Lv. 15
Mega Punch, Leer, Rock Tomb, Karate Chop
Has massive power

BUG EYED - Butterfree
Lv. 16
Harden, Confusion, Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder
Anyone for some Sleep-Fusion?

In the Box:
DEATH RAT the Lvl. 10 Rattata
Why boxed? I don't trust Rattatas and Nuzlockes together.

BATTY the Lvl. 7 Zubat
Why boxed? I don't want to do any more grinding right now.

Dead:
None...

YET.

ironman: Does your dwebble know stealth rock? That, plus eviolite and and potion spamming, should make elesa's emolgas volt switch themselves to death. Just grind it like hell to make sure you don't lose it.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hmm...the last update was crappy. THIS ONE SHALL BE CRAPPIER!
DetroitLolcat's FireRed Nuzlocke Challenge
Part 1:A Parcel for the Professor

After Blue stormed out of the Laboratory, Lolcat spoke with Professor Oak:
"So, Professor. Now that I've gotten my first Pokemon, what am I supposed to do?"
Oak replied, "Whatever you want, Lolcat. You're a Trainer now. You're legally allowed to travel wherever you want, as long as you stay away from Area 51. Trust me, you don't want to know what happened to him. The PokeGovernment would kill me if I told you what happened to him, but you can probably figure it out."

Lolcat exits the Laboratory, and walks north through Pallet Town, ready to walk through Route 1 by himself for the first time. Right outside of Pallet Town was some grass, and Lolcat waited to see his first truly Wild Pokemon, not one that he saw in school. He walks northward and westward, seeing a sign that directed him towards Viridian City to the north. About halfway down the sunny, grassy trail, Lolcat encounters his first Wild Pokemon. It was a heated battle where the turtle killed a Pidgey with three Tackles. After that intense bout, Lolcat and Squirtle continue walking down the dusty train until they encounter another field of grass. Another Pokemon ambushed him, but it was quickly dispatched by Squirtle's Tackles. Squirtle also picks up Bubble on the level-up.

After finishing that harrowing trek, the man and beast enter Viridian City, a medium-large city about twice the size of Pallet Town, and has about three times as many buildings. After reading another Trainer Tips sign giving a short lesson on PP, Lolcat enters the city from the south, seeing if all the areas described in school were actually there. There was a Gym, Pokemon Center, Pokemon Mart, but no XXX Strip Club. Damn Oak, what a liar. Lolcat remembers the first rule of entering a new town, and that is to heal up at the Pokemon Center before exploring in case of a random Rival battle. After that, Lolcat walked over to the second most important building, the Pokemon Market, where he can buy Pokeballs, TMs, and Stones. But none of them are actually there. Once safely inside the building, Lolcat is immediately greeted by the clerk.

"Yo! Kid! You from Pallet Town? 'Cuz we ain't a real fan a' Pallet Town around here!"

"No," Lolcat lied, using his best Viridian City accent, "I'm from Pewter City. I'm stoppin' here to get some stuff so I can go rough up sum' Pallet Town punks, you kno?"

"Yeah, I knoze! Dem Palit kweerz dink dat dey cin jess cum heer an' ruff us up! I'm a' sick a dis crap! U no da old sciencey tree name guy in da fancy Pallet lab? Yeah, dat foo' orda a package from the Viridian shop dat I run, an' he gonna pick it up taday! Wutz you say I give it ta you and you put it somewere safe, ya kno? Somewere where da Oak guy won't find it?"

"Yeah, yeah! I knoze! Whatcha say I take da package, and put it wear da Prof wont find it! Dat'll ruff him real good! An' later we watch The Real Housewives of Viridian City lateh, eh?!"

"I like da way u think, man! Hear, take da packige!"

The guido handed the parcel to Lolcat, who plans on giving it right to Professor Oak. Lolcat wanders down Viridian's streets until he reappears on Route 1. On the route, Lolcat and Squirtle battle a Rattata and Pidgey before reentering Pallet Town. After a short walk down Pallet Town's main street, Lolcat finds Professor Oak's Lab dominating the city's skyline. Entering the Lab, Lolcat sees the usual aides working with Oak on whatever his latest research project is. Oak usually doesn't tell younger Trainers about his plans, as he wants to keep them secret until he's ready to publicly announce his results. After observing the laboratory (and seeing nothing different than what was there a few days ago), Lolcat speaks to the Professor.

"Professor Oak, I picked up your package from the guido in Viridian City."

"Oh, thanks, Lolcat. That was nice of you, that parcel will help in my latest project. Now, Lolcat, I wish to see your pokemon. I know it's only been yours for a few days, but I would like to see it's condition."

Lolcat releases Squirtle from its pokeball, and Oak begins examining its physique and emotional health.

"Hmm...this Squirtle is doing very well. I'm not going to bog you down by running any tests or anything, but a superficial glance indicates that this Squirtle has already begun to develop an emotional bond with you. Probably because it's already gained two levels. Now, I wanted to see my early graduating class, so the other student...err...former student should be joining you momentarily."

"Yo, Gramps! What'd you call me here for?", announced Blue, rushing into the lab.

"Blue, Lolcat, I would like to personally inform you of my current research project. As you probably know, I very rarely let anyone outside the scientific community know about my research project, much less school-age Trainers. However, this project is too great for one Professor to undertake. Not even my aides can finish, much less make progress, on this project. It's called Project Pokedex. Now, I'm attempting something revolutionary here, not something like a previous project. First, I should provide some background. For decades, humans have captured, trained, and studied pokemon. But humans have amassed countless data concerning pokemon. Now, students, Trainers, Professors, Rangers, and every other field professional have not had a portable reference material to quickly and accurately recount that data. That is what the Pokedex strives to do. The Pokedex is a portable device that immediately scans a Pokemon in the field with infrared sensors to detect the species, then recalls from a database of information to provide a brief description of the pokemon that's usable in the field. However, the Pokedex is only a prototype. It has the sensors, but not the data to recall. I want the two of you to capture one of every species of pokemon, thus completing the Pokedex. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Professor", announced Lolcat.

"tl;dr", announced the illustrious, brilliant Blue Oak.

"Good. Take these with you.", Oak said, handing the two prototype Pokedexes to Lolcat and Blue.

"Ha! I got a pokedex! You won't be necessary for this, Lolcat. I'll catch every pokemon known to Kanto before you get halfway there!", stated Blue.

Lolcat exited the Laboratory and entered Blue's house, as Blue's hot sister has a Town Map for Lolcat. She hands the map over to the Trainer and Lolcat thanks her, unfortunately not picking up a phone number.

Lolcat exits the city, looking back on the town that brought him up. Hopefully, this city will produce a Champion. Lolcat bounds out of the city, not healing his Squirtle, and meets a Pidgey. The Pidgey lands a critical Tackle on Squirtle, killing it.

Game over

However, DetroitLolcat (the person playing the game) realized that he's about four minutes into the game, and quickly restarts the Firered emulator.

Three minutes later...

Lolcat bounds out of Pallet Town, this time healing his Squirtle. Lolact bounds into Route 1, smiting Pidgey and Rattata along the way. After an uneventful trek to Viridian City, Lolcat realizes that the road branches two ways, westward and northward. Not knowing the way around, Lolcat takes the western path, also known as Route 22. On this route reside Wild Pokemon, meaning Lolcat will soon double his team size. The odds are for each pokemon:

Mankey, 45%
Rattata, 45%
Spearow, 10%

The pokemon was a Mankey, but only on level 2. Not wanting to kill it in one shot, Lolcat shoots off one Poke Ball, and it doesn't even shake. Knowing that he needs to hurt the little monkey, Lolcat tries a Bubble attack. The attack hits for moderate damage, knocking the monkey's attack by about half. A pokeball should do the trick here, but it eventually took two. :(, future waste of money. Lolcat takes the monkey to the Pokemon Center, and then trains it to the ninth level.

After that grindfest, Lolcat proceeds down Route 22 where he meets Blue for a second confrontation.

BOSS BATTLE: BLUE ROUND 2

Lolcat leads off with Squirtle to meet Pidgey. Pidgey sand-attacks, and Squirtle spams Bubble and Tackle. Bulbasaur comes out, and Squirtle lands a Tail Whip. Lolcat switches Mankey in and rapes.

END OF PART ONE

Note: If you're even Nuzlocking this game, and you choose to do the second Rival Battle, BE PREPARED FOR IT. I lost the first time to hax and died six more times trying to get back to it. All from hax, naturally.

Got inspired to do one of these, decided on Leafgreen. I chose to do it in Kanto because the region and storyline is so closely tied in with my childhood, and the general plotline is much more innocent than the newer games that it will end up being far more emotional to have any of my team members die.

Rules I am playing under:
-If a Pokemon faints I must release it, it "dies". (Any legendaries will be boxed instead, to transfer later on. Not doing a playthrough for nothing.)
-I may only catch one of each Pokemon species. If it dies before evolving, and the evolution can be found in the wild, I may capture the evolution.
-No healing items of any sort or Repels may be purchased, I must do with what I find in the wild. Also, I cannot purchase any Balls other than regular Pokeballs.
-No saving/resetting to try anything more than once, including all major battles and legendary encounters. If I run out of balls on a legendary, tough luck, I have to kill it.
-All Pokemon must have nicknames, to help the attachment factor.
-My challenge may be considered complete when I have captured or defeated Mewtwo.
-If all my Pokemon are defeated with none left in the box, I lose and must restart the game.

Part 1- The Journey Begins
I name myself Ash and my rival Gary for nostalgia's sake. I find myself, of course, in my room, where I promptly withdraw my free Potion from the PC and head downstairs, briefly addressing my mother before walking outside, towards the grass where I know Oak will intercept me.
Inside his lab, he inexplicably gives me first pick over his own friggin' grandson (whose name he can't remember?!?!?). After a brief consideration, I choose Squirtle- less risky early on than Charmander, and more versatile than Venusaur. My Male Squirtle is named George, and I engage in my first battle with Gary on my way out of the Lab.
This was actually an unexpectedly close call- I spam Tackle as per tradition, while his growls actually slow me down a lot, combined with me missing a couple of times due to hax. In the end, he gets me down to 1 HP (!) before I manage to knock out Bulbasaur. Thankfully, George is healed and I am prepared to go out into the world.
I receive a free potion and slay a couple of Pidgey on my way to Viridian, but otherwise the trip is uneventful. I go straight to the Pokemart and receive Oak's Parcel before visiting the Pokemon Center for safety and going south.
Back in my hometown, I get the Pokedex and my first five Pokeballs for my troubles and Gary gives me some grief before strutting out the door. I, in turn, depart once more, picking up a Town Map from my rival's sister on my way out of town, ready to begin my adventure in earnest.

ironman: Does your dwebble know stealth rock? That, plus eviolite and and potion spamming, should make elesa's emolgas volt switch themselves to death. Just grind it like hell to make sure you don't lose it.
i had no room for stealth rock...i have heard about people using stealth rock with their roggenrollas which deals insane damage to emolgas but i had no room for it, as well as i was hoping to catch a sandile in relic castle(50%) but instead i run into a yamask...
well i will just overlevel and smack down/dig them into oblivion...

I finally got through my Nuzlocke Challenge in pokemon White. Sergyanime hed it perfect. Getting a Scraggy is about the best thing you can do and give it the evolite stone to boost already good defenses. Plus, you never have to worry about training spots, due to the millions of Audinos that Gamefreak blessed us with this Gen. Another great pokemon for your team would have to be Drillbur but he is not easy to find. The best chance to get one is grabbing some repels, heading into the first cave and walking around looking for the little sand streams. Those two carried my team through most gyms along with Galvantua(sp), who i was lucky enough to get with Compund Eyes, (Spamming Thunder is amazing). The game itself is not hard to Nuzlocke, until the last two battles, if your team isn't hign enough, Hydreigon will be a huge prick as he as a move for nearly every pokemon on your team. Hope this helps anyone!!

Is the general consensus of Black/White than you have completed (won) the Nuzlocke when you defeat Ghetsis?

That's how I was treating it but I figured most people would consider that a cop-out.
I just don't feel like the end-game is worth my time to try and nuzlocke when I would have to spend so much time just grinding before I even got too far into the regular trainers.

I know I originally said I'd go through E4 Round Two, but I think I'm going to stop after Ghestis after all.

On that note, time for another update!

Chapter 2: Ghosts of the Past?

As Hawkeye came down the stairs, Bianca and Cheren were apologizing to his mom.

"We're very sorry about the trouble, ma'am," Cheren said humbly. He new, too, how angry Hawkeye's mom could be.

"Well, um...we can clean up..." started Bianca, visibly bracing herself for the verbal onslaught that was sure to follow.

But to everyone's surprise, Hawkeye's mom just chuckled and said, "No worries. I'll take care of it. Hawkeye's made bigger messes, you know."

"Than you very much!" Cheren was obviously relieved. "Now, let's go over to the Lab. Professor Juniper is probably waiting on us."

"Sounds good!" agreed Bianca. "You coming, Hawkeye?"

"I'll be there in a sec," he replied. He wanted to tell his mom exactly what was going on.

Surprisingly enough, she already knew most of it. "Professor Juniper must really trust you three, to give you such a big responsibility as filling the Pokedex." She smiled, apparently confident in her son's abilities, although Hawkeye could see the worry in her eyes. He currently dismissed this as motherly instinct, but had he known what lay ahead, he might have been more sympathetic.

"Pokemon are such wonderful creatures, aren't they? Why, I could hear their cries all the way down here when you three were battling earlier. It reminded me of when I was a Trainer..." She trailed off, her eyes misting up. She didn't want to talk about it; just thinking about it visibly anguished her.

Hawkeye, however, had other plans. "You were a Trainer?" he asked, his interest piqued. She had never told him anything about when she had gone on her journey; indeed, he never knew she ever had Pokemon.

"Yes, but I'll tell you about that another time," she said, still a bit teary-eyed. "You should go over to the Lab. Cheren and Bianca are going to wonder what's happened to you."

Taking the hint, Hawkeye left. It was a beautiful autumn day, and the Pidove were migrating overhead. He moved to the north of town, where Bianca and Cheren waited in front of the Lab. This was the moment he'd waited for his entire life.

Still more flavor...this one's kind of short, so next time I'll try to lengthen it a bit.

??? the Brave Tepig (male)

Level 6
Tackle
Tail Whip

Having just met Tepig, Hawkeye doesn't know too much about him quite yet, except that he is a bit of a wiseguy. Time will tell how the two get along...

None of Hawkeye's Pokemon have died yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)