Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it happened. :|

A psychic in the Resort Desert killed my Dewott wth a critical hit Air Cutter.

And then in Nimbasa City, N killed my Tranquil.

I'm now down to two battle-ready pokemon, Gigalith (as a saving grace), and Swadloon. Luckily, I have caught some new members. Kremlin the Sandile on Route 4, Miror. B the Maractus, and Phaoroh the Yamask.

I've got a long grind ahead of me if I'm going to even stand a chance against Elesa.

I'm so sad, after all of my traveling, Gary's Charizard takes out my level 54 Dugtrio, and since I couldn't get any ground pokemon at all, i'm not happy. It's gonna be a tough slog through the Elite 4 in Leaf Green.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WINNER

Yep I won a Pokemon White Nuzlocke.

Too lazy to do a story even though I wrote one up

SURVIVERS

Excadrill (Dozer)
Lv 51
Jolly
-EQ
-Strenth
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Serperior (Thorns)
Lv 48
Hasty
-Leaf Blade
-Coil
-Giga Drain
-Slam

Galvantula (Zaps)
Lv 46
Rash
-Thunder
-Signal Beam
-Volt Switch
-Charge Beam

Chandelure (Shadow)
Lv 49
Gentle
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Flame Burst
-Will-o-wisp

Dead list

Darumaka (Lv 25)
Archen (Lv 31)
Palpitoad (Lv 29)
Krokorok (Lv 35)
Mienshao (Lv 51)
Haxorus (Lev 48)

OK, so here's my less waffly update.

I catch the wild Ralts that appears and name him Lumos. He's incredibly Quiet and likes to copy the abilities of others (Quiet Tracer ZOMG but terrible IVs but it's Nuzlocke so who cares?). (I also do the Pokedex filling thing and catch a Modest Trace Ralts too but as it's a Pokedex-only I have to immediately box it in my NEVER TOB E USED box T_T) I manage to defeat the Trainers without too much ado after training Lumos painfully in the grass to learn Confusion) but a crit brings Tamarillo close to the brink. Marzipan quickly fainted to a wild Zigzagoon holding an Oran Berry, so I bury her there and then and move through the remainder of the Route, giving my team each an invaluable Oran Berry and picking up a useful Potion. I arrive in Petalburg, and visit my Dad, only to be flagged down and forced to accompany a nice boy called Wally to catch his first Pokemon. He also finds a Ralts, but Lumos is too quiet to say anything. Well, after further hubbub and some PokeBall shopping (yay) we head off to Route 10-something to the west of Petalburg, where another Zigzagoon perkily pops up and almost jumps into my PokeBall. He's fairly resilient and seems to know no end of endurance (Hardy), and I name him Gonzo. He will be an invaluable team member (and Pickup slave!!!!). Gonzo makes short work of a Youngster's Seedot but a lucky crit on his next Pokemon is all that prevents him from going to the grave. We return to the PokeCenter, retrace our steps, nearly get destroyed by a wild Wingull, return again, nearly get destroyed by a Poison Sting Wurmple, but then I remember I have a Pecha Berry, and so Gonzo is saved from a sure fate, and Picks up a King's Rock as thanks (!!!), which I hand to Lumos. We return and fight Rich Boy Winston, who matches my Lv. 7 for his own Zigzagoon. A few Tackles later, we're both on low health and then...Full Restore?!?!? Aaargh! Gonzo is faster, however, and after a precious Potion manages to defeat teh opponent, and rises to Lv.8. We move into Petalburg Woods to take a loop route back to the city, and encounter a similarly Hardy Shroomish, who is named Agaric. Pick up an item, obtain a Nugget and Ultra Ball from Gonzo, am reduced to 1HP while training Agaric THREE TIMES, blah blah blah, eneter the Woods once more, and fight through to...a Devon Corp. worker searching for a Shroomish of his own. I obligingly show him Agaric, but before anything else can happen, a man dressed in Blue leaps out and tries to frisk the worker! I send out Agaric into battle, who quickly incapacitates him with a Stun Spore and repeated Tackles (who ever heard of such weak bad guys?). He runs off, defenseless, and the scatterbrained corporate worker from earlier gives me a Great Ball before running off. I crawl out of the Woods at last, crippled from a battle with a Nincada but otherwise fine and 2 emergency Potions in my belt. After receiving a useless Bullet Seed TM which is NOT used, Agaric is benched for Amarillo and Gonzo, who reduce the opposing Trainers to threads. Gonzo has problems with a Fisherm...no. And so I reach Rustboro City!

TEAM AT THIS POINT IN TIME:

Amarillo
Lonely Torchic
Lv. 12
Scratch, Ember, Growl, Focus Energy
Consistently powerful and ready to help out weaker team members, Amarillo thrives in an environment full of friends and is never even in slight danger of losing a one-on-one battle. MVP
Agaric
Lv. 11
Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
Weak offensively and the victim of a few critical hits, Agaric has not yet shone through, but this will change with the upcoming Gym match. Stun SPore has saved his skin on multiple occassions.
Gonzo
Lv. 11
Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Headbutt
Useful Pickup slave and strong once he got Headbutt, Gonzo hangs on to his last bit of health and fights back. Underwhelming in power, but has managed to survive some tough battles and provide for the team, even picking up a prized King's Rock.

Lumos
Lv. 10
Growl, Confusion
Facing death multiple times and a pain to train, Lumos is very reserved and has trouble defeating the opposition. Since he got Confusion he's been manageable, but not much more. LVP

what about Sandslash on the way to Victory Road? Or was that in firered?, even then you only need it to take down Bruno so yeah......
EDIT yeah 1hundred post woho
I went hunting around in victory road and on the way to Victory road, hoping to get a Sandshrew (you get Ekans in Fire red), but I ended up finding a Zubat and a Raticate, respectively. I was not happy. There is literally nowhere I can go to get a Pokemon now, so i'm making do with a Hitmonlee with Earthquake on it.

finally beat pokemon black!!!!

so now i'm starting a black nuzlocke. if someone in the next five minutes posts, they can pick my starter!!!

After a 2 month hiatus, I decided to bring my Nuzlocke challenge over here.

I'm going to start a Nuzlocke on Fire Red. Only one Pokemon/route. If something faints, it is dead. Just realized no Pokeballs is absurd for this game, so no more of that.

I will also be updating on this post.

Party
Socke the male Ivysaur
Level 30
Careful
Overgrow
-Tackle
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf

July the male Primeape
Level 29
Lax
Vital Spirit
-Fury Swipes
-Karate Chop
-Low Kick
-Rock Tomb

Sheth the female Wigglytuff
Level 30
Jolly
Cute Charm
-Sing
-Defense Curl
-Pound
-Mega Kick

Boxer the male Dugtrio
Level 31
Timid
Sand Veil
-Fury Swipes
-Rock Slide
-Magnitude
-Dig

Jinro the female Gyarados
Level 30
Modest
Intimidate
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite
-Dragon Rage

TLO the male Flareon
Level 30
Brave
Flash Fire
-
-Sand Attack
-Growl
-Quick Attack

Box
Catz the female Rattata
Idra the male Zubat
Moonglade the female Meowth
Blur the male Oddish
QXC the female Pidgey
Axslav the female Drowzee
Incontrol the Voltorb
Bratok the male Gastly

Dead
Morrow the male Beedrill
Level 16
Brave
Shield Dust
-Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Harden
-Fury Attack

TLO the male Flareon
Level 30
Brave
Flash Fire
-Bite
-Sand Attack
-Growl
-Quick Attack

Pokemon found on each route
Starter: Lvl 5 Bulbasaur
Route 1: Lvl 2 Rattata (killed)
Route 22: Lvl 2 Mankey (caught)
Route 2: Lvl 3 Rattata (caught)
Viridian Forest: Lvl 4 Weedle (caught)
Route 3: Lvl 5 Jigglypuff (caught)
Mt. Moon: Lvl 10 Zubat (caught)
Route 4: Lvl 8 Spearow (killed)
Route 24: Lvl 9 Kakuna (killed)
Route 25: Lvl 13 Oddish (caught)
Route 5: Lvl 13 Pidgey (caught)
Vermilion City: Lvl 5 Magikarp (caught)
Route 6: Lvl 12Meowth (caught)
Route 11: Lvl 13 Drowzee (caught)
Route 9: Lvl 13 Ekans (killed)
Route 10: Lvl 16 Voltorb (caught)
Rock Tunnel: Lvl 15 Zubat (killed)
Route 8: Lvl 20 Meowth (killed)
Route 7: Lvl 19 Oddish (killed)
Celadon City: Lvl 20 Eevee (caught)
Pokemon Tower: Lvl 18 Gastly (caught)

Adventure
-Started off with Socke the Bulbasaur. Was actually going to lose the first battle with my rival, but got a lucky crit at the end.

-Ran into a Rattata on the way to the mart for Oak, can't catch him. Oh well, didn't want him anyway.

-Once I got my balls, went and caught July the Mankey on route 22, Catz the Rattata on route 2 and Morrow the Weedle in the forest. Trained up Mankey and Bulba for the gym.

-Other than July taking out the first Geodude of the gym, Socke swept through Pewter.

-Went on to route 3 and came across Sheth the Jigglypuff. That's actually really lucky considering the chance of finding one. Unfortunately, ran into Idra the Zubat in Mt. Moon, hoping for something better than that.

-Got through Mt. Moon, evolved Jigglypuff. Killed a wild Spearow...

-Fought the rival again. Sheth OHKO's Pidgeotto with Mega Kick, July OHKO's Rattata with Karate Chop, Morrow takes out Abra with multiple Fury Attacks and July takes out Charmander with 2 Rock Tombs.

-Went up the Nugget bridge, beat it easily then found a Kakuna (face palm) and Blur the Oddish in the subsequent routes.

-Morrow the Beedrill fell to a critical hit by a Slowpoke's confusion. RIP Morrow :(

-Socke sweeps through Cerulean gym easily.

-Caught qxc the Pidgey on route 5.

-Got the old rod, then caught Jinro the Magikarp in Vermillion and Moonglade the Meowth on Route 6.

-Grinded Magikarp up quickly to Gyarados. Went to Diglett's cave and caught Boxer the Diglett.

-Another rival battle on the SS Anne. Jinro takes out Pidgeotto, July erradicates Raticate, Sheth OHKO's Kadabra with pound (LOL), and Boxer OHKO's Charmeleon with Magnitude 9.

-Boxer sweeps through Vermilion gym up until Raichu. Too low on health now because of stupid double team by Pikachu, I switch to Sheth who takes out Raichu with Mega Kick.

-Went to get Flash, taught it to Moonglade to get through Rock Tunnel easily. On the way I run into an Ekans, realize I have no pokeballs and kill it. I go buy a few and catch a Voltorb on the subsequent route. July and Boxer evolve shortly hereafter.

-A couple disappointing routes with duplicates, so I just kill them and move on. I take my Eevee and looking at its nature and my current team, decide to evolve it into a Flareon. Let's hope that was a good choice.

-Fought through Celadon Gym, leveling up Flareon. In the final battle against Erika, Flareon was fully paralyzed 4 times in a row and died to a critical hit acid. FML. RIP TLO.

-Down in the Rocket Hideout, Boxer takes out Giovanni's Onix, Socke takes out Rhyhorn and July takes out Kangaskhan.

-With the Silph Scope now, I head over to that tower in Lavender and fight my rival again. Boxer takes down Pidgeotto easily with Rock Slide, Jinro bites Exeggcute, Sheth pounds Kadabra, Socke sleep-seeds Gyarados to death and Boxer cleans up Charmeleon with Dig

I went hunting around in victory road and on the way to Victory road, hoping to get a Sandshrew (you get Ekans in Fire red), but I ended up finding a Zubat and a Raticate, respectively. I was not happy. There is literally nowhere I can go to get a Pokemon now, so i'm making do with a Hitmonlee with Earthquake on it.
What about onix on victory road itself or Graveler also on victory road?

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dex how the fuck can you have a Flareon alive AND dead. (assuming it was a mistake though)

Starting a another White Nuzlocke and hopefully ill actually be assed to write a story this time!

Dex how the fuck can you have a Flareon alive AND dead. (assuming it was a mistake though)

Starting a another White Nuzlocke and hopefully ill actually be assed to write a story this time!
Maybe it's dead, but he carries it around with him. Either that, or it was indeed a mistake.

ginganinja

White Nuzlocke

YAY I ACTUALLY HAVE A PLOT FOR YOU GUYS

No Items
No Dups Clause
No legendaries used in battle
Gift pokemon do not count toward the 1 poke per route rule
Other Standard Rules apply

It was all so amazing!I sped up the stairs eager to reach that gift that I knew would be there. “Wait up Azure” my friends called but I was far too hyped to slow down. Oh yeah in case you were wondering my name is Azure, yeah what a fucked up name don’t know what my parents were smoking but whatever. Anyway I sped into my room, my friends in hot pursuit. Parcel was ripped open and when all the flying paper had settled Cheren, Bianca and I all had 1 Pokeball. I threw the ball and a cute little pig appeared at my side. I named him Bacon. O.k Its not the most conventional nickname but whatever, I was hungry. Anyway with our pokemon in tow we just had to battle. I won (of course).

I left my home town with my trusted partner. Route 1 looked quite peaceful and Tepig and I were happy to take a stroll for a bit. Quite suddenly however, I came across a wild Patrat. Keen to add it to my party I sent out Tepig. Tepig charged, slamming its body into the Patrat. Unfortunately however, Bacon was a little too strong or I hit a nerve or something. Patrat bit the dust which kinda sucked.

Disappointed I entered Accumula Town and was surprised by a large crowd in the centre of town. There seemed to a minor clash between policemen and a group of people wearing grey. “The time you had to speak has long gone now leave,” a voice cried out and yet the men in grey stood very still, a show of intimidation. Interested at the goings on in a small town such as this one I pushed closer, trying to get a better view. A man now wearing grey caught my view, he seemed calm and constantly scanned the crowd. We locked eyes and suddenly, this man gave a smirk, and suddenly began to speak, it was so weird almost like he had been waiting for me…

He talked, I was not really listening, something about how pokemon and humans should be kept separate. Whatever. Sounded like a load of bullshit to me, the thing was, throughout the speech his gaze never left me. His speech finished and he left, flanked by his guards. Somewhat disorientated, I looked around and saw a young man with green hair looking at me. This guy gave me a hard glance, before his eyes alighted on the pokedex id been holding. “Hey you” he yelled, I gave a sigh as he blocked my exit. This kid introduced himself as N which is a pretty wacked up name but then again, im hardly in a position to judge am I? Anyway N seemed quite distressed and challenged me to a battle in order to understand my pokemons true feelings, whatever that meant.

N’s Purrloin was tough, but nothing Bacon could not handle and it was finished off with a few, quick Tackle attacks. Frustrated, N left and I was left standing awkwardly in the plaza, alone. With nothing else planned, I left for Route 2

Route 2 however, granted me the same Patrat except it was a little stronger than the one I had just beaten. This time Bacon was a little more careful and I managed to pull of a successful capture. Called him Nip because, well, that’s what he does.

After training Bacon up for a bit I finally entered Striaton City. I wanted to face the Gym but first I decided to check out the Dreamyard. After training a little more I came across a girl who was happy to give me a Pansage for free! I named it Vine and started training the little monkey up as well. After taking down Cheren I finally challenged the Gym.

Striaton Gym was no pushover, turns out I have to face the gym leader with a type advantage which meant I got matched up with Cress. Cress started off with a Lillipup and I sent out Bacon. Cress wasted no time, calling for a Tackle while I did the same. The two pokemon charged forward meeting in the middle of the field and slamming into each other. The power of the attacks knocked both pokemon backwards, before attacking again. I let out a gasp, both pokemon had the same speed and there strength was roughly equal and thus there was no real gains being made.

Cress must have realised the same thing as he ordered a Work Up. Lillipup gave a snarl of rage before Bacon found an opening, striking with a Tackle. Cress looked confident however, and ordered another Tackle. Both pokemon collided but this time, thanks to its power boost Lillipup forced Bacon backwards. Seeking to press forward his advantage Cress ordered a flurry of attacks to which Bacon had no answer too as Lillipup slammed him across the battlefield.

Desperate to keep Bacon away from those punishing attacks, I ordered an Ember. Bacon blasted a string of flame across the field, trying to keep Lillipup away from it, attempting to wear it down from a distance. The stream of flame seemed to do the trick as Lillipup slowed down its attacks trying to find its way though. Suddenly, Bacon faultered, it was tough but maintaining flame for that intensity and range was wearing it out. Lillipup saw a gap in the flames and charged forward, nailing poor bacon onto its back. I was helpless, Bacon could just not match Lilipups attack power. Bacon struggled to get back onto its feet as Lillipup sized him up for the final blow. Lillipup readied its charge when a sudden wave of heat stopped it. Bacon flashed white and sent a blast of white hot flame scorching the air. I quickly realised what had happened, Blaze had activated! Cress was suddenly caught off guard, Lillipup too was hanging back waiting for instructions, it was a small advantage of which I took full advantage as Bacon sent a blast of fire towards its opponent. The flames made contact and lLllipup was sent skidding along the ground, out for the count.

Cress, frustrated at how dangerous Bacon was now, sent out Panpour to blast it to pieces. Not taking any chances against something which packed a super effective attack I sent out Vine. Despite an obvious level disadvantage, Vine quickly put Cress under pressure with repeated Vine Whips so Cress attempted my own strategy by using Water Gun to keep those physical attacks at bay. Vine was having none of this however, It ducked under a Water gun and lashed out with its Vine, gripping Panpour under the waist and flicking it upwards. Vine then leapt upwards, grapping Panpour again and slamming it down on the ground with terrific force. The blow was too much for Panpour as it crumbed to the ground.

After a quick heal and the Trio badge stored away I returned to the Dreamyard, managing to catch a Purrloin which I named Ruby. I came across a few Plasma grunts abusing a poor Munna as they tried to get it to make Dream Mist. I manged to crush them with ease with Bacon and then left, Route 3 in my sights.

Team

Vine (Pansage) (Male)
Lv 12
Serious
-Scratch
-Work Up
-Lick
-Vine Whip

Bacon (Tepig) (Male)
Lv 15
Bashful
-Tackle
-Ember
-Tail Whip
-Flame Charge

Nip
Lv 6
Serious
-Tackle
-Leer
-Bite
-Cut

Ruby
Lv 9
Rash
-Scratch
-Growl
-Assist

I'm going to do a Nuzlocke challenge of Pokémon White, but i'm not sure if i can manage to write about it:

Rules:
- catch 1 pokémon per route MAX. It must be the first I encounter
- When a pokémon faints, it's DEAD and cannot be used again
- Nickname every obtained pokemon
- Gift pokemon count as long as required in an area where no other pokemon was required (like Archen)
- In game trade: only ONCE (as the area is 'Link trade')
- My pokémon can't be lvl'ed higher than the leader's highest lvl'ed pokemon, otherwise, they can't be used in the battle
- Max lvl for E4: 52

So that's it. I'll see if i post anything or not ^^

White Nuzlocke challenge

The day the professor sent me a package, I was really excited. "To Blueye, Bianca and Cheren" it said. I got to pick my first pokémon! I could chosse of 3 different pokémon. Bianca wanted me to pick oshawott, but I decided to go with Kobra the Snivy (doens't sound familiar, does it?). Soon after that, Bianca and Cheren wanted to battle me. After some tackles and tail whips, I had already gained 2 victories and I could feel my bond with Kobra grow. My mom would clean up the mess anyway^^. When i got down, my mother gave me a Xtransceiver. After that, I got my pokédex from professor Juniper. My adventure had finally started!

When I arrived at route 1, Bianca wanted to take our first step together. After that, I decided to walk in the grass. It was a female Patrat. I managed to catch her and I called her Chip. After that i trained Kobra to lvl 7 en went to Accumula Town

When i arrived, i saw some strange people. There was a man named Ghetsis speaking to everyone. Afterward a mysterious guy named N showed up. He wanted to liberate pokémon and battle me. His purrloin was tough, but I won with Kobra and Vine Whip. After that, i decided to put my naughty Chip in the Box

I went to route 2 hoping to find a good pokémon. I found a Lillipup called Daddy. She is indeed a gentle dog. I already saw her power as she defeated a patrat of 1 level higher than her! Bianca showed up too and asked for a battle. She was no match for Kobra. After some trainer battles, I arrived in Striaton City

Finally! Striaton city! The place where i can get my first Gym badge! But first, let's explore the dreamyard a bit. There is a nice guy who gives me a modest Panpour, named Pete. After that, I saw that the gym leader was missing and that he went to the trainers school. When i got there, Cheren sat the asking for a battle. When I pnwd him, the gym openend and i could enter

My first gym goes about type matchups. I had to step on a button matching the type that was supereffective on the shown type. I also beat some trainers and saw lillipups. then I challenged the gym leader after some lvl training. (Gym battle coming soon)

The Leader, Chili
Chili started of with a work up and i ordered my Kobra to use growth. Both had their stat boosts and the battle started. Kobra used Vine Whip, while lillipup used Work Up again! I was really unsure if i could this battle. I ordered Kobra to use Vine Whip again and it almost defeated Lillipup! He used Bite and brought my HP to 52%. I got more confident as Chili used a potion to heal, while i Vine Whip. I needed 2 more hits to win. After another Vine Whip Kobra got hit by Bite, only having 4 hp left after that! I was relieved as I ordered Kobra to use Vine Ship once more to defeat Lillipup. YAY. on to the next one

I sent in my Pete the Panpour. He immediately used watergun, which brought Pansear to a roug 52% HP. He used Work up. Pete used Water gun again, nearly KO'ing Pansear. He used incinerate, which did only 5 Hp damage, After another incinerate, I defeated him with Water Gun. I finnaly won my first gym Badge! I was smiling when i got my badge and a TM, Work up. On to the second one!

Kobra (Snivy) lvl 13
Quiet nature
- Tackle
- Leer
- Vine Whip
- Growth

Pete (Panpour) lvl 13
Modest nature
- Scratch
- Leer
- Fury Swipes
- Water Gun

Daddy (Lillipup) lvl 13
Gentle Nature
- Tackle
- Leer
- Bite
- Odor Sleuth

Chip the Patrat, lvl 3

Oh, cool, ginga's back. Guess that means I have to write an update soon. I'm just too lazy lol, but I'll hopefully get it done soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)