Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just finished with the First Gym, so here's my first update.

Tina the Tepig
Lv. 13
Rash
Blaze
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Ember
-Odor Sleuth

Penelope the Pansage
Lv. 12
Jolly
Gluttony
-Scratch
-Leer
-Lick
-Vine Whip

Sadly, none.

Lillipup (forgot to nickname her)
Lv.12
Lax
Pickup
-Leer
-Tackle
-Odor Sleuth
-Bite
Cause of Death: The First Gym's Waitress's Patrat using Bide before my nearly OHKO Tackle.

Lillipup (also without a nickname)
Lv. 6
Gentle
?
-Leer
-Tackle
-Odor Sleuth
-
Cause of Death: While grinding this one after the death of the first, it died to bad Speed tie and an unusually high Scratch.

Should I post this as a story, or is that generally enough?

I've got a question about the rules. I'm doing a Nuzlocke on my Black, and I'm about to go to the Dreamyard. My question is: can I catch a Pokémon and get my Pansage?
Depends on if you think a gift Pokemon counts as a 1st "catch". Honestly, as long as you follow the two main rules as stated, you can interpret them in whichever way you want when there is something that they don't really cover. I mean, most people would say you can't, but it's really up to you. You can make this as easy or as hard as you feel like making it, as long as you follow the rules.

Depends on if you think a gift Pokemon counts as a 1st "catch". Honestly, as long as you follow the two main rules as stated, you can interpret them in whichever way you want when there is something that they don't really cover. I mean, most people would say you can't, but it's really up to you. You can make this as easy or as hard as you feel like making it, as long as you follow the rules.
Thanks. I decided to catch another one just because this is my first Nuzlocke, and I had just lost both of my Lillipups (that first one was an especially hard loss;_;), and thanks for the clarity.

I need a respite from the frustration (for me) that is building a competent competitive team and I suddenly remembered that I had an extra copy of HG lying around. So after transferring everything I thought I might want to keep I decided to start a HG Nuzlocke. I actually have a bit of a history with Nuzlocke runs as I tried one in Black when I first got the game, but the rules I set proved to be a little too difficult for me. Hopefully with HG being a little more forgiving I won’t utterly fail this time.

The rules:
1. If a Pokémon faints I must place it in a graveyard box from which they will never be disturbed, so that I might remember my fallen comrades. If my team is wiped out but I have something left in a box that is not my graveyard, then I am allowed to continue. As a side note, since my Pokémon will be taking damage from poison outside of battle but don't faint, if one is reduced to 1 HP by poison outside of battle then it died and must go into the graveyard.
2. I must capture the first Pokémon I see in an area, if it faints then there is no capture for that area. If I have already caught a member of that evolutionary line then this rule applies to the next non-duplicate Pokémon I see.
3. I must nickname all Pokémon I capture.
4. I may not trade or breed for new Pokémon, this rule includes trading for evolution.
5. No held items or healing items may be used in battle, though such items may be used outside of battle (for example I can heal with potions after a battle or use soothe bell).
6. TMs may be used but I am not allowed to purchase any, this includes the game corner.
7. I may only buy basic pokeballs and I am to avoid having Kurt make me pokeballs.
8. The battle style will be set.
9. Shiny Pokémon may be caught even if they are not the first Pokémon I have seen, but if they are not the first I saw then I must deposit them into the graveyard box.

For those of you that wish to follow along I am going to go with a custom story for this. I will change and ignore some events in the game both as a challenge to my writing skills and to keep you from being too bored. So with the rules set up lets get into this thing.

Preface:
Five figures relaxed in seats around a small table filled with papers, a computer screen in front of each person. The table was well lit but the light didn't extend far beyond the table, leaving shadows that obscured the details of each individual. It was a much larger room than it appeared, with pillars shying away from the light at the table and high ceilings that disappeared into the darkness above. It was open, yet secluded. Here important matters were to be discussed only by the most powerful trainers in the region. The man at the head of the table addressed the others, “The time has come for the Nuzlocke rule to be put into effect.” A woman slammed her hands on the table to draw attention to her, “Are you crazy? There’s no way we could effectively enforce such a strict system.” A more slender figure leaned back in his chair. “Actually, if we make sure every trainer has a pokedex then there shouldn’t be much of a problem enforcing the rule. After all, every pokedex already collects data for every Pokémon the holder encounters, regardless of whether or not they scan. We can simply shut down the capture system on the trainer’s poke balls after the first capture attempt in an area.” A muscular figure stood up quickly, causing his chair to fall to the ground behind him. “You can’t be serious. That would be a major abuse of our power. Besides, the trainers would never stand for it. We would have a civil war within a week. We may be strong but we can’t fight the entire Johto and Kanto regions’ population of trainers by ourselves!”

The doors at the far end of the room opened dramatically. The silhouette of a figure with a flowing cape entered the room, his voice deep and commanding. “This is precisely the kind of action we have been calling for over the past few years. Your arrogance has finally caught up with you it seems. At a point where you must do something but any action could destabilize the regions?” The silhouette gave a sarcastic laugh. The quiet member gestured to the muscular man that had stood up. “Bruno, pick up your chair and have a seat. We don’t want to insult our friendly local Pokémon master do we?” The man who still had the light from the hall creating a dramatic silhouette laughed as Bruno picked up his chair. “You are referring to Red. I am not he; Red is still in the mountains seeking proper enlightenment. You all may call me Master Solumcrepundia, or just Solum for short. I know that we Masters have sent you multiple requests to impose training restrictions in this area. Now it seems you have ignored us to the point of destruction…a pity.” The man at the head of the table stood up. He revealed that much like the Pokémon master, he had a rather impressive cloak. “We thank you for coming Master Solum, but we have things well in hand. I admit that we made a mistake in letting things get this far, but we are the Indigo Plateau Elite Four. Our leading researchers say that the institution of the Nuzlocke rule should reverse the damage being done to the environment, even taking into consideration how the situation has progressed. Steps have already been taken to smoothly institute the rule. Koga and Will have been helpful in that regard and they both seem to believe that the time is right.”

There was a tense silence as the two sides of the table eyed each other. It was apparent that the other two were not aware of these plans. Master Solumcrepundia laughed again, breaking the tense moment. “I know you Lance. You are definitely trying your best. But that doesn’t excuse the fact that you have been allowing such atrocities to take place within your region. I mean really; the artificial altering of a Pokémon while it is still in the egg, forcibly breeding mass numbers of Pokémon only to release the ones the trainer deems to be ‘too weak,’ the mass hunting of specific species as part of some sick training regimen? It is the allowing of these evil acts that has prevented not only yourself, but Red from gaining full membership as Masters.” After having listed off all of the things that made his stomach turn, Master Solumcrepundia’s voice had grown louder and filled with anger. Lance hung his head a little and whispered an apology. Master Solumcrepundia sighed. “But as I said, you are doing your best. Order in your region is a priority for one in your position. You say that the Nuzlocke rule shall be implemented effectively and I believe you. We were planning a major expedition to help cleanse this region, but I will let your plan manifest. However, a group of masters will be sent to monitor the progress. I warn you; this will be your last chance to change things Lance.”

Master Solumcrepundia turned and exited the room, his cloak expanding in a dramatic fashion behind him. Lance sat back down in his chair, obviously shaken. Will and Koga looked at each other for a moment, before Koga addressed the others. “I know that you two must be a little upset at not being involved with the plan. Will and I have undertaken a media campaign to sway opinion in favor of the Nuzlocke. The only work left is to declare the rule in effect, and to shut down the breeding centers.” Will nodded, continuing where Koga left off. “We predict a spike in the activities of Team Rocket, but with every major researcher and political leader on our side that should be the worst of it. The breeding centers will protest but we have compensation as well as other plans for them.” Bruno stood up, though slower than the last time so as to not knock over his chair again. “I don’t care how smoothly you say it will go; I still think there will be some kind of backlash that you’re ignoring. However, since it seems that this is going to happen whether I like it or not, I am going to prepare my men.” After Bruno departed the remaining members of the Elite Four exited the room, leaving the champion alone. Lance remained for a time in the dim silence of the room, collecting his thoughts and composure, preparing for the events sure to follow this decision.

Beginning:
My name is Bob and unlike most trainers, I began my journey in a foreign region. Let me back up a bit, I am a native of Driftveil City in Unova but as the time for my journey approached I was working under Professor Elm in Johto. Like many others I feel that the most powerful Pokémon reside in my home region and I initially intended on returning home for my first league challenge. What changed? Well, let me first get into one of the main aspects of training that is different between the two regions. Any of those familiar with the battling circuit know that making sure one’s Pokémon is of the utmost quality is something that has become a great focus. This leads to breeding and intensive training on wild Pokémon to optimize their abilities. Apparently there isn’t much regulation on that kind of thing in Johto like there is in Unova, though that may have more to do with the Dream World than any desire to do good on the Unovans' part. Now, you might think this means that training in Unova is more of a challenge and you may come to the conclusion that I decided on Johto because it would be easier. Well stop that and let me tell the story.

I was doing some field work one day, recording populations in surrounding areas. It was nothing particularly exciting. Elm returned to the lab before me to continue work on something that he had been keeping me in the dark about. I didn’t really care at the time, so I leisurely finished my work and returned about an hour after him. I passed a group of people discussing something called a Nuzlocke on my way back to the professor’s lab. When I asked him about it he seemed surprised. “Is it really happening now?” he asked before checking one of his computers to confirm what I had told him. He read aloud that the champion, Lance, had declared the Nuzlocke to be in effect. Of course, since I am not native to this region I had no idea that the Nuzlocke had been discussed for a long time now. I’m young and didn’t care to follow the news, so even if I was a native I don’t know if I would be aware. When I asked him about it Elm described how the Nuzlocke meant that breeding centers would be shut down, Pokémon centers would no longer provide the revival service, and how Pokéballs would be locked after the first new Pokémon of an area was encountered by a trainer.

Now, I have never been one to turn down a challenge. I feel that one can only be strong by meeting and looking for challenges to overcome. That’s sort of how I ended up in Johto in the first place. After hearing about the limits that would be put on trainers in this region, I decided to start my journey here in Johto. When I told Elm he looked surprised at first but agreed without arguing with me. He brought out the three Johto starter Pokémon for me to choose from.

So there you have it Nuzlockers of Smogon. Next time we find out Bob's first Pokémon and the journey really begins. Which do you think he should choose, Cyndaquil or Chickorita? I am not going to go with Totodile because I already have gone through the game with him and want to do it with something else. Besides, Bob is here for the challenge and Totodile would be way too easy.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha have not updated in a while probs because I was on holiday and then had to switch rooms back at my accomadation so I had to pack everything up unpack etc etc. The plus side is that it was 6 hours there and back on my holiday so I had plenty of time to make progress (which was good cause I needed to set up a grinding process anyway).

With the addition of a third badge I headed towards Ecruteak City. I caught Pine the Sudowoodo and then Eggs the Exegggcute in the city. I headed East and began to Headbutt trees just before Mt Mortar where I discovered a powerful Heracross. Happy with such a strong find I captured it and named it Jake and added it the party knowing that a strong fighting type would be useful in the battles ahead. I caught Leo the Machop in Mt Mortar before doing some training. I knew that Morty was a strong trainer and I did not have many opportunities to train up my pokemon ensuring that I needed a strong team to take him down.

With my entire team strengthened (including one powerhouse evolving) I entered the Burned Tower. There I met my Rival who was quickly crushed without incident. My work done, I entered the gym.

Morty was a tricky trainer, the battlefield pretty much pitch black which I reflected on as he sent out a Gastly while I countered with Jake the Heracross. Morty looked confident at his matchup and quickly ordered a Curse however Jake was fast, very fast and he swipped hard at Gastly. To Morty’s astonishment, Jakes are vanished into thin air before slamming into Gastly with crushing force, knocking it out. Morty appeared confused before sending out a Haunter hoping to get a speed advantage before Jake outspead his Haunter again and punched it once with the same attack again knocking it out.

Mortys confusion faded as he realised that Jake had mastered the move Shadow Claw which was working very well in the dark arena as his ghosts were unable to see that attack coming. With 50% of his team gone without landing an attack I was pretty pleased with myself however this feeling promptly vanished when Morty sent out a powerful Gengar which then vanished from sight.

Faced with such a powerful pokemon I had to think. Jake could not hit what he could not see and Gengar was certainly faster and could do huge damage to Jake. In addition, switching around was not a good option here as a powerful Shadow Ball would ruin me. Thinking hard I realised my optons were not good, I had charged into this battle rather overconfident and now it could quite easily cost me. Finally I made my choice and Sceptre appeared from its ball, no longer a Gastly it had evolved twice to become a Gengar of its own. Morty appeared confused at the match up. Before informing me that I was a fool. “What are you playing at Azure?” he asked, “In a Gengar vs Gengar matchup it comes down to whoever is faster and can KO”. “Seeing as its unlikely you have Shadow Ball while mine does you can have no chance of victory”. Morty stared at me still confused while I fought to keep my face a mask. Hopefully Morty would treat the move as a misplay, or a sacrifice to weaken his own Gengar enough for Jake to finish off. With any luck I might just be able to pull this off. Both Gengar were now invisible and in a situation such as this, a missed attack could be deadly. In addition the chances were the ghost attacks would be rendered invisible in the gym shadows making it tough to dodge. I knew my plan while a little voice spoke to me, wait for him to move, wait for the commitment. Morty finally made his decision, having trained with Ghost pokemon he had likely found Sceptre and he quickly ordered his Gengar to attack with Shadow Ball, the order I had been waiting for. Sceptre acted first, his hand vanishing before a sharp Punch rippled into Gengar throwing him back. The blow was a powerful one but to my astonishment and frustration Gengar was not yet down (although Jake could likely revenge it now) and now I could feel a blast of energy shooting through the air toward Sceptre. Could it possibly survive at powerful hit like that, super effective against my poor ghost pokemon?

Nope

Cliffhanger again because I want to put in another gym battle into this "chapter" and if I continued on the update could get "wall of text syndrome"

woho finally got back on the internet in your face internet company, first post all week.
In Nuzlocke Rerated news i will probrary post one chapter tommorrow and the rest later since my chapters are up to 6th Gym and i have gotten to the Pokemonleauge..........yeah no more sapphire untill i complete the updates

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Inside: Possibly the most epic Gym Battle yet!
DetroitLolcat's Firered Nuzlocke Challenge!
Part 6: Trench Warfare!

Now that that fool Blue had been taken care of, it was time to explore the entire S.S. Anne fully, training Fearow and Oddish on the way (because seriously, does Dugtrio need any training?). Oddish was the weakest Pokemon on the team, at a measly Level 20. Realizing this, Lolcat placed the little weed (addict) at the front of his party and entered the room to the right of his cabin. A lone Gentleman stood in the room with two Pokeballs in his belt, so Lolcat challenged him to a battle. Unfortunately, the two Pokeballs contained Growlithe, so Dugtrio had to do the heavy lifting in the battle.

Now that the right side of this floor has been explored, Lolcat decided to take the stairs to the lower-level cabins of the ship. There were half a dozen cabins in total, but the floor ended in a dead-end. Lolcat opened the first door and a lone Rich Boy stood in the room with his Machoke. Lolcat began a conversation:

"Oh, hey, would you like a battle?"
"Oh...no thank you. My Machoke is all tired, as I just used one of my Strength HMs on it. I 'm very rich, you see. I have over five hundred Strength HMs and RainbowBadges from my colleague in Celadon City."
Lolcat continued: "So, uhh...could I have one of those Strength HMs?"
"Hmm...I do have hundreds of them and I will only ever need one in my entire life, so I would have no use for any of the other HMs........No. However, since I know you're doing a Nuzlocke run...may I interest you in this Super Potion?"

"Piss off", replied our eloquent hero.

Incredibly pissed off, Lolcat yelled vile obscenities at the Rich Boy and stormed into the next cabin, throwing Oddish at a Sailor in rage. The Sailor tried to defend himself with a Shellder, Tentacool, and Horsea, but all three were mowed down by the fastest Bullet Seeds the man had ever seen in his life. The Seeds were shot so quickly that Oddish collapsed to the ground, crying after the battle.

Lolcat, still in his fit of blind rage, yelled at the tiny weed Pokemon, "Get up! Quit faking an injury! I saw you, you have like thirty-something HP left! Is something wrong? How are you feeling?"

The Oddish replied "Gloomy Gloom..."

"Gloomy? What's wrong? You just plowed through some Trainer and got a crap-ton of Experience! Why are you so gloomy???"

At that moment, it hit Lolcat. Gloom is that Pokemon that Oddish evolves into. Calming down and reopening his eyes, Lolcat saw that the Pokemon standing before him was definitely not an Oddish, but a stronger, darker, faster Gloom. Proud of his new Pokemon, Lolcat encapsulated the larger Pokemon and moved on to the next Trainer. The second Sailor possessed only a Shellder, which Gloom tested out it's new Bullet Seeds on.

After the second cabin was defeated, Lolcat moved on to the third. Three Absorbs from Super-Gloom later, Lolcat moved on to the fourth. Three absorbs and a TM44 later, Lolcat moved on to the fifth. Since Gloom had been given all the attention recently, Lolcat decided to give Fearow some much-needed training. Even though Fearow didn't have the type advantage, her (Fearow is a girl?!??!?!) superior Attack stat swept the Fishermens' weak, unevolved Pokemon without much trouble.

Back on the middle decks, it was not much different. Lolcat switched between Gloom and Fearow and tore through the floor. On the furthest cabin to the left, however, was a lone Gentleman with no intentions to battle...

"Oh, sir, would you like to have a battle? I've been wanting to train my Pokemon." asked Lolcat.

"Oh, no, no, no! I cannot battle, I am too occupied with something at the moment! You see...my name is Looker! I am a member of the top-secret Global Police! You might be wondering why I told you of the Global Police! You see...the organization itself is not top-secret! We have a website called com.nogoms.www! However...there is much more to our organization than is on that website! In fact, there are thousands of stories about criminal organizations that I am privy to; stories so blood chilling that I have to wear a heating pad for my blood! Now, I must continue my research on Team Rocket, as they must not be allowed to capture Saffron City!"

Lolcat decided that it must not be difficult to make it onto the Global Police if that nutcase is a top agent. Now that the entrance floor of the S.S. Anne was devoid of Trainers, it was time to move on to the upper level. The S.S. Anne had four levels. The upper deck and Captain's quarters were on the top, then three levels of cabins with the exit on the second floor from the bottom. On the second-highest floor there lie three staircases: one to the Captain's quarters, one to the upper decks, and one back down to the exit.

Lolcat started tearing through a Fisherman with Gloom, and Gloom leveled up to Lv. 24 in the battle. After the battle, Gloom asked to have a word with Lolcat:

"Hey, man...I just figured out this awesome 'move' which does tons of 'damage' if you know what I mean. Next battle, I gotta show you this stuff...It's such a good move and it'll kill a ton of Pokemons..."

Lolcat agreed, though he was a bit confused with the Gloom's garbled speech and heavy, slow dialect. After hearing the incoherent Gloom's request, Lolcat headed out to the upper decks where he could battle the last few Trainers and showcase Gloom's new "technique". The ship's deck was massive but only a few Trainers were there. Lolcat guessed that most of the Trainers were in the cabins battling Pokemon or resting. The first Trainer that accepted Lolcat's challenge was a Sailor, who Fearow quickly soloed. The second Trainer was another Sailor who met a similar fate as the first. Now that Fearow had leveled up, it was time to test out Gloom's new technique.

Lolcat realized quickly that he miscalculated the number of Trainers ready for battle on the ship, so he decided to test out the new move after he arrived on dry land. The last order of business on the ship is to receive the HM01 Cut from the Captain. The Captain's quarters were a short walk away from the upper decks, so Lolcat ran up the stairs and began speaking to the Captain:

"Oh, hello sir. I've heard that you are able to teach the Cut technique to Pokemon, so I'm wondering if you could teach some of my Pokemon the move Cut."

The captain replied: "BLAAAARGH! SEASICK! BLAAAGH! WILL TEACH CUT FOR SENSUAL THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE!!1 bLLLLAAAAArgh!"

Lolcat realized that he needed this HM to make it closer to the Pokemon League, so he picked up some of the aromatic oils and lotions and starting rubbing the Captain's bare back on a massage bed. After one or two hours, the portly, sixty-year-old Captain decided that he had enough of torturing Lolcat and handed over the HM01.

Lolcat then ran like hell off of that ship to go clean himself in the Vermilion Pokemon Center. In the Pokemon Center, Lolcat withdrew a Spearow from the Box to teach Cut to. Unfortunately, Spearow could not learn Cut so Lolcat went to drastic measures to acquire a Cut slave. In a house directly south of the Pokemon Center, there lie one little girl that triggers an in-game trade: Spearow for Farfetch'd. Since Lolcat has a Spearow and hasn't yet acquired a Pokemon in Vermilion City, the trade did not break a Nuzlocke rule. Though Farfetch'd is a completely useless piece of crap and is only worth teaching Cut to, the little bird added 50 extra swagger points to the team. It was Adamant nature, too...

Realizing that the night was about to fall, Lolcat returned to the Pokemon Center for the night and tuned into the Global News Network on the Center's TV. There was a bit of breaking news coming from the Hoenn region that piqued Lolcat's interest:

...Live from the Hoenn regional Pokemon League where former Gym Leader Wallace is currently challenging Champion and Steel-type Pokemon Master Steven for the title! The two Masters begin the battle with Wallace's Wailord dueling against Steven's Skarmory! The iron bird starts off the battle with an Aerial Ace which barely fazes the whale, who retaliates with a Water Spout, brutally knocking the Skarmory into yellow health range! Barely missing a beat, Skarmory lands a Toxic blast on the Wailord who retches in pain, but was still able to land another Water Spout on the Skarmory, finishing off the Champion's bird and giving Wallace a 6-5 lead!

Lolcat was intrigued by a Championship battle, so he continued watching the two Masters compete for dominance of the Hoenn region:

...Wailord suffers some Poison damage but still stays standing strong with over 70% health! Steven goes for the type advantage and sends out Cradily to face the poisoned whale! However, the Wailord gets the drop on the ancient leech and throws out a Blizzard, landing a direct hit! Cradily takes advantage of the situation and throws out an Ancientpower to strike the Wailord, but the prehistoric power barely scratches the whale! Toxic damage begins to rack up, though! The Wailord retaliates with a Double-Edge, barely scratching the Cradily who strikes back with a Sludge Bomb. Combined with Poison damage, the Wailord is about to go down, but not before setting up a Rain Dance to support his team. Tie score: 5 Pokemon each!

The match had been going on for almost half an hour, but yet only two Pokemon had fallen. Lolcat had seen Steven Stone before in a TV battle, but he had never heard of Wallace. The crowd was chanting "Steven! Steven!" as Wallace was about to send out his next Pokemon:

Steven's Cradily is hurting, but it got a KO on Wallace's Wailord! A heavy rain has set on the field which must aid Wallace immensely! Wallace sends out Tentacruel to outspeed and knock out the ancient leech! Interestingly enough, the jellyfish decides to launch a Toxic attack of its own on Cradily, while Cradily damages the jellyfish with an Ancientpower, which the jellyfish shakes off! Tentacruel moves on the offensive, blasting the leech with a Hydro Pump! Cradily fires off a weak Sludge Bomb before the Toxic damage puts it to sleep! Wallace leads 5-4!

Lolcat realizes that Steven is making some questionable decisions in this battle: He's down a Pokemon and Wallace's Tentacruel is still at about 85% health. Lolcat watched the next round of the battle:

Steven throws out his third Pokemon: A Claydol?? The Tentacruel outspeeds and lands a Sludge Bomb on the doll, as the slower Pokemon sets up a Light Screen to support its team. Now on the offensive, Tentacruel lands a Toxic on the Claydol who fails to attack for the turn! The heavy Rain settles, too! Tentacruel moves to full-on attack mode by throwing a Hydro Pump at the Water-weak Pokemon, but the Light Screen absorbs a lot of the damage! Claydol retorts with an Earthquake to directly strike the jellyfish, knocking it right out of commission! Four to Four!

Lolcat wondered why Steven took so long to slay the Tentacruel. Oh well, the battle was getting good:

Whiscash is selected by Wallace to destroy the clay doll, starting off with a Surf right to the face! Claydol fires off a weak Ancientpower on the whiskery fish before succumbing to Toxic damage. 4-3 Wallace!

Lolcat was surprised that that round ended so quickly...

Steven sends out Armaldo! Armaldo can't take Whiscash's speed as the fish sets up an Amnesia to boost its stats! Armaldo throws out an Ancientpower that doesn't even touch the Whiscash, who begins its turn with a brutal Earthquake, doing over 60% to Armaldo! The hurting fossilized giant retaliates with Ancientpower again, but to no avail! Whiscash feels cocky on the next turn and tries to finish off the Armaldo with a Hyper Beam, but the attack doesn't nearly defeat the Armaldo who shakes it off and fires back with a third Ancientpower, trying but failing to get a stat boost! As Whiscash recharges, Armaldo seizes the opportunity to land an Aerial Ace on the fish, this time striking it for moderate damage but it's still in the green! Whiscash realizes his past mistake and just kills the fossil with a Surf to take a 4-2 lead for Wallace!

Lolcat has no idea what's gotten into Steven. Steven always battles in a calculated manner; he never blindly goes for stat boosts instead of all-out attacking...

Steven, irritated, throws out an Aggron to combat the fish, even though it was weak to both Water and Ground. Whiscash decides to prepare for the onslaught by setting up further with Amnesia, and Aggron capitalizes on this by launching a Thunder at it. Unfortunately, it doesn't even touch the fish as the Whiscash as the fish maximizes its Special Defense. Aggron begins its offensive with a Dragon Claw, brutally damaging the startled fish who retorts with a Surf, knocking the rock beast into the yellow. Aggron tries to hit it with a Thunder again, but the attack fails and Whiscash attacks with a Hyper Beam. Aggron tries a third unsuccessful Thunder and then, while the Whiscash is recharging, sets up a SolarBeam. Whiscash, realizing that Aggron needs to charge up the move, drops Aggron in an Earthquake and giving Wallace a 4-1 lead

Lolcat knew something was up with this battle. Aggron could have easily won that match-up.

Steven's final Pokemon is a Metagross, but Whiscash can still outspeed it and land an Earthquake on it before landing a Psychic on the badly beaten fish, ending the round. 3-1 Wallace!

At least Steven made up for the last few rounds with that, thought Lolcat.

"Go, Ludicolo!" announces Wallace, as he sends out Ludicolo. Metagross was noshing on a Sitrus Berry as this occurred, raising it's HP to a healthy 45%. Ludicolo starts off the possibly final round with a Leech Seed, basically sealing the game up for Wallace...

Lolcat didn't bother to watch the last few turns, he knew the battle would end 3-0 in favor of Wallace. Looks like Hoenn's getting a new Champion, but at the time that didn't concern Lolcat. Lolcat was still focused on conquering Kanto, not moving on to Hoenn anytime soon. In one day Lolcat would be challenging the Vermilion Gym, and Dugtrio would get its time to shine. Tomorrow, Lolcat will get to see Gloom's new technique, too...

The next morning, Lolcat woke up and immediately rushed to Vermilion Gym, where he registered a challenge with Lt. Surge. Lt. Surge spoke to Lolcat as he registered the challenge:

"Before we battle, you have to solve the puzzle of the Vermilion Gym! That will include battling three of my finest Trainers as well, so you better be vigilant!"

Lolcat battled the first Gym Trainer who sent out a Pikachu to battle Gloom. Gloom told Lolcat, "Are you ready to see my secret technique?" Gloom then pulled a syringe from its flower and shot it into its own arm. The words "Gloom used Acid!" appeared on the screen. Gloom then massacred the Trainer in a drug-spurred rampage. Dugtrio then smote the last two Trainers with super-powered Ground attacks and Lolcat dug through garbage to find Lt. Surge in the back.

"I solved your puzzle. Battle me."

Surge began his speech about the Vermilion Gym: "You won't last a minute in combat with me! You'll need some ENERGY to power through a challenger, and with your puny power you won't last a second! Back in the war (pokemon has war???), my Pokemon saved my ass! I threw Voltorbs at civilians and am wanted in 27 countries for war crimes! I'm the REAL DEAL, kid!"

The battle began, and Lolcat threw out a Dugtrio to combat the combatant's Voltorb.

"You know, Lt. Surge..."

Dugtrio dug a hole!

"For someone who loves war so much..."

Dugtrio used Dig!

"You should know a little more about trench warfare!"

Foe Voltorb, Pikachu, Raichu Fainted!

Lt Surge growled, “Graaaaagh! Who was the moron who put my Gym right next to the fucking Diglett cave! All Trainers fucking do is catch a fucking Diglett and rape my Gym! Whoever runs the Pokemon League must be an idiot, as this Gym is almost as easy as Brock’s! RRRRRRRAAAAAAAGGGRGRGRGRRREEEEEE1!!!!1!one!!!”
As Lt. Surge went on about how crappy his Gym is, Lolcat took a Thunderbadge from the back of Lt. Surge’s Gym. He also took a TM for the move Shock Wave, though it’s doubtful that he’ll actually use the move.
End of Part 6

Dugtrio, Lv. 30, Careful
-Dig
-Fury Swipes
-Sand Tomb
-Mud-slap
Fearow, Lv. 25, Jolly
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack
Gloom, Lv. 25, Naïve
-Absorb
-Acid
-Bullet Seed
-Sleep Powder

Assorted crappy Pokemon

Wartortle and two Butterfrees

Chapter 8. Season 2. The 5th Gym.
Petalburg City. 2 Days later.
"Finally" i shout as me and May enter the city. "We would have got here soone if you hadn't gone to that desert on the way here to catch that Trapinch". "Meh i wanted a Cacnea actually, but a Trapinch is good to".
1 Hour Later. Petalburg Gym.
Gulp. "Dad i have defeated all your apprentices, so now comes the battle of the family" i shout."Fine, i accept, but i wont be going easy on you" he shouts at me."Wouldnt want it any other way".
Gym Battle 5. Normal. Norman Vs Larry.
Round 1.Part 1. Slaking Vs Timothy.
"Mach Punch" i shout."Facade" my dad counters. "Mach Punch since it cant attack this turn" i shout quickly. Bam down to 50-60%Health."Damn, red zone for me, which means 1 attack and Timothy will die, hmmm, go Trevor"I shout.
Round 1. Part 2. Slaking Vs Trevor.
"Use Iron defence" i shout as the next attack came. Boom, "Yeah only a scratch now counter with Metal Claw" i shout."Yeah go Larry" shouts May from the otherside of the room. Boooom.When the smoke clears Slaking has fainted."Yeah 1 down, 2 to go" i shout.
Round 2. Part 1.Trevor Vs Vigoroth.
"Iron defence quickly" i shout at Trevor. "Too slow, Faint Attack" shouts my dad. Boom. "Argh even with 2 iron defences, i will lose Trevor".Then it hit me."Soda Pop time, come here Timothy" i whisper to my team. "Trevor return" i say to my trusted steel type.
Round 2. Part 2. Timothy Vs Vigoroth.
"Mach Punch spam" i demand from my Fighting type. BOOOOOOOOM, when the smoke clears its 2-0.
Round 3. Timothy Vs Slaking.
"Another Slaking seriously" i shout at my dad. "Yep, now use Focus punch" my dad commands."Hmp pathetic, Mach Punch" i shout. Boom, "Time for another Mach Punch spam". "Focus Punch spam" commands my dad. Boom is 3HKO'ed. I win 3-0.
"Yeah 5 down 3 to go" i shout. "You still have the E4 and Champion to deal with, dont underestermate them" my dad warns me."Dont worry dad, i wont" i tell him as i am leaving the gym.
3 Hours Later. Mauvile City.
"There you go Wattson, heres your key back and i shut down the generator and caught a Magnemite too" i say as he gives me Thunderbolt. "Good for you boy, now the next gym is across that strech of water, then head north till you hit a city and thats it" he tells me"Good luck" he shouts after me and May."Please,i am made of luck"i shout back.

yes sucess is mine, i got Wireless Internet woho.
So this is not a spam post which has nothing to do with the Nuzlocke Challenge, i am posting to say that the next chapter will be up tomorrow or the day after

So yeah

wiped against clay's monster excadrill :V

God dammit deerling, why can't you OHKO it with HJK.

Now to restart it in volt white. Yes, I mad.

So yeah

wiped against clay's monster excadrill :V

God dammit deerling, why can't you OHKO it with HJK.

Now to restart it in volt white. Yes, I mad.
you mean the Sigilyph run FAILED AGAIN?

:O

Also fuck. My Blaze Black(the Black version for Volt White) file got erased because my thumbdrive decided to go an-hero. >.< My Speed Boost Blaziken :( I also had a Magnezone called 4mag2drag lol

That does it. About time I contribute to this place. Once the hack creator of BB/VW releases the latest patch(apparently soon) I'm starting a random-locke of this run.

you mean the Sigilyph run FAILED AGAIN?

:O

Also fuck. My Blaze Black(the Black version for Volt White) file got erased because my thumbdrive decided to go an-hero. >.< My Speed Boost Blaziken :( I also had a Magnezone called 4mag2drag lol

That does it. About time I contribute to this place. Once the hack creator of BB/VW releases the latest patch(apparently soon) I'm starting a random-locke of this run.
No, this was my main run.
Sigilyph run can wait till I get photoshop working on my new computer. I need it to sigil spam all over the region.

4mag2drag, that would mean magnezone, klinklang, metagross, genesect, and 2 dragons? :V

No, this was my main run.
Sigilyph run can wait till I get photoshop working on my new computer. I need it to sigil spam all over the region.
lol

*creates new acct on nuzlocke forums*

turns out that the creator(Drayano) doesn't have a release date yet, so I'll just start on a random nuzlocke run now for the lulz!

lol

*creates new acct on nuzlocke forums*

turns out that the creator(Drayano) doesn't have a release date yet, so I'll just start on a random nuzlocke run now for the lulz!
Do it!

Anyways, I'm thinking of posting my storyshot run here as well...

oh wait BBCode fails miserably.

So, who here remembers I was doing a LeafGreen Nuzlocke?

... Neither did I! That's why I was surprised when I picked up my cart and saw a team ready to fuck Blaine up. Which it proceeded to, with Starmie showing exactly how much it breaks LeafGreenLocke. I almost felt bad for using it. Almost. Then I felt joyful as it and Venusaur fucked up Giovanni. And Gary. And Victory Road. And Moltres for lols. And now I'm grinding for the Elite 4.

Venusaur, 49, Frenzy Plant, Razor Leaf, Earthquake, Sleep Powder.
Starmie, 50, Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Recover.
Electrode, 47, Thunderbolt, Swift, Light Screen, Thunder Wave.
Dodrio, 48, Tri Attack, Drill Peck, Fly, Steel Wing.
Hitmonlee, 48, Brick Break, Rolling Kick, Strength, Rock Slide.
Hypno, 49, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Headbutt.

done when I posted that, LOL

doesn't the IMG code work anyway?
exactly.
IMG works, everything else went broke.

Anyways, I've started another run. Might as well post it here...

Yes, I get bored easily, do I not?
Because all the cool kids in town are having their own signature pokemon :v:

Okay then, let's start this shit.

RULES :
1. usual nuzlocke affair. No explanation needed, no?
2. Ekans dies = game over.

not much, eh? Let's go then.

-----

Hunh, what? You mean this is not the original? HEY I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

> every pokemon in existence.
Okay then, I'm okay with this.

> stronger foes
:shakehead:

Definitely a boy.

Varanoidea, superfamily of snakes.

Cheren is a pretty cool guy. Eh is genre savvy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Total airhead?

Me too, actually.

Cool camera manipulation. Okay then, 4th wall breaking stops here.

Yes, we can haz cheezebur- I mean, pokemon.

Cheren's got a point.

Well then, who wants to take the first pick?

Indeed :coolshades:

Oh god yes I love snakes.

Well, I'll take Oshawott then, and Tepig's for you, Cheren!

Beggars can't be choosers :v:

Yes, but let's do it outs-

OH GOD DAMMIT.

Oh hai thar Oshie, long time no see!
Go away, I just want to be alone.
Oh come on, why are you so emo?

Serves you right! Hmph!

MY ROOOOOM. Oh god...

*facepalm*

Ugh... I guess it's okay.

Indeed.

You're much better than me, right?

Oh come on... It's not like you can't battle me later.

Ugh, fineeeee.

Hello there, self-cooking bacon!
You know I take that as an insult, right?
Indubitably so.
Fuck you.

Denied~
-----
Tch, you're good
Indubitably so. :coolshades:

>continued in next post
[hr]

Yes, thank you.

Oh god mom, you're too kind!

Okay then.

And speaking about pokemon... I also have a surprise for you...

Here's one of my Ekans! I was going to give it to you earlier today but it took longer than expected to transport it from Kanto.
Ah, thanks mom!
Now, go and have a nice journey~

-----
END SESSION

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, I actually added the randomly-selected "personal fave" monster into my set of rules. Mine ended up being a Staryu (cannot evolve ;_;) for Nuzlocke Challenge in Yellow.

This "personal fave" monster is the only exception to the Nuzlocke rules, where I can attempt to capture this monster multiple times (or trade) until I succeed. I must have this Pokemon in my party. If this monster goes down in combat, my trainer would go in a slump that would last for 2 major events (which includes gym battles, team enemy missions, rival battles, other signature trainer battles), and I cannot capture any monsters during that time. I cannot re-capture this selected monster if my original one dies.

Whats Blaze Black and Volt White?
Posting also to say will post my update ether later today or tommorrow
BlazeBlack/VoltWhite are hacks of Black and White that are sort of similar to Emerald 386 - that is, every Pokemon is catchable in the wild, level curve is significantly ramped up, things like that. I've been Nuzlocking it on the side, and it's really tough. I've only got three badges and my team sits in the high 30s, but I'm still nowhere close to ready to fight Elesa. A lot of things are actually changed in the game, too. About 15 Pokemon have new types, including Grass/Dragon Serperior, Psychic/Dark Gothita line, Electric/Dark Luxio and Luxray, and Fighting/Flying Farfetch'd, just off the top of my head, and every Gym Leader has six Pokemon. A lot of things also have Dream World Abilities replacing less useful ingame ones. For instance, I got a Contrary Snivy as my starter.

On a completely different note, I just started a Randomlocke (Nuzlocke with random encounter code) of White. And even though my first attempt ended with my Tepig being 3HKO'd by a wild Gyarados's Thrash, I bounced right back up and did it again and just beat N for the first time using Ivan, my freshly caught Klang. He was level 2 at the time, but Gear Grind was still a 3HKO on N's Purrloin if I remember correctly. It actually gained four levels just from that Purrloin... :O This is going to be a fun run.

Well... I'm doing two FR Nuzlockes right now for a fanfic project as I'm absolutely terrible with making teams for characters. I would post the prologue... if it wasn't eight pages long, and not all chapters directly related to the run anyways. Regardless of whether I post it or not, some rules (both challenges):
Faint=Death
Nicknames required
One Pokemon per area
Must do all optional boss (trainer) fights: Dojo, 2nd Rival Battle, etc. Not legends. I really don't want to go there.
If I have a live member of the species, I can't get another.
First mon on a route only.
An incredibly complex rule about when I can capture a Pokemon if my party is full.
No purchasing medicine at any store other than the Pokemart outside of the league.
Another long rule about leaving a Pokemon in unless in serious danger (another formula)
No switching after a KO in battle (must switch into attacks that way).
Other stuff I forgot

Yeah, fun. Almost done with run one (Pidgey can go extinct. Seriously.), and am about to start a second run to tie in with the first. I am definately not looking forwards to my first Charmander run (shudders). Anyways, I'll either post or not post tomorrow, and provide updates on the second run if I don't.

Some of you might of noticed I posted one post about a Platinum Nuzlocke run sometime back, then never updated it again. Well, the reason is I had to go out of time zone to visit relatives. HOWEVER, during this time, my cousin managed to get a hold of my Platinum and deleted it.

But do not fear! As I have started a new HG Nuzlocke run, now with 70% less weird rules! I'm going by pretty standard rules:
-Faint=die
-One per route
-All nicknamed
-No dupes
I will be updating this soon! (Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)