Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The battle against Roark was both uneventful and nerve tingling. Even though Bubbles hardly is a move to reply upon, it did short work of his Geodude and Onix alike, taking advantage of their quadruple weakness and pitiful special defense. As his Cranidos stepped out onto the field, I made the mistake of feeling regret for my foamy onslaught, and decided to switch out to Rushmore so that the match wouldn't end in a hurry. The not-so-very extinct opponent replied with a Pursuit in full force, which left my Piplup in the lower HP region and thus unable to be taking hits for the remainder of the match. With no more water back up, Rushmore remained as the only choice left to guard my ground, and I quickly set up a Rock Polish in the hopes of outspeeding his lizard adversary. Sadly, he didn't, and was met with cold Leers which quickly made his defense less of an insurance against Cranidos' immense attack stat. Several Rock Smashes later, the walking fossil began to falter, but the looming threat of becoming flinched by Headbutt still remained, and I hesitated to throw in another Rock Polish boost to even the field. But as Roarke patched things up with a Potion, the next Smash lowered its defense even further, thus guaranteeing that the next move would seal its defeat. One turn later, and I had acquired the first badge of many to come.

Now being able to smash rocks of the regular kind, I quickly returned to Jubilife to stake out my next destination. Which didn't take long, as my next goal was conveniently marked by two Galactic grunts eager to fight. An unspecified amount of bubbles later, and I had contributed my share to the city's decreased crime rate, along with enough experience to fuel my Piplup's evolution to Prinplup. In the process, he also received Metal Claw, which looked nothing like the Water Gun I wanted, but I accepted it onto his moveset regardless.

Barging through the northern path and into the vicinity of Floaroma Town, my hunt for new teammates began anew.

Gizamuluk, Brave, Swift Swim, Ravaged Path
Tricity, Sassy, Pickup, Valley Windworks

I was pleasantly surprised to see that my captives were neither Bidoofs nor Geodudes. Gizamuluk would serve as an excellent replacement for Bonaparte if he would ever choose to retire prematurely, even though his current shape is tragically weak. The same can be said for Tricity, as it only later dawned upon me just how terrible it is offensively. But my team had plenty of space for an electric type, and so, she was embraced by default, and was then grinded appropriately so that Spark could be made part of her inventory. Team Galactic's attempt to occupy the Windworks was met with complete defeat as none of them had any countermeasures for rock types, thus allowing Rushmore to roam free against the opposition. I was now free to enter new territories, and I quickly began to loot nature of her contents.

Ambrosia, Docile, Shield Dust, Floaroma Meadow
Birka, Sticky Hold, Mild, Route 205

Ambrosia is truly the stuff of remorse. Caught at level 13, it meant that she had not only missed the opportunity to learn Absorb, but Gust as well. Her only move is Harden, and I quietly cursed Gamefreak for not fixing that moveset bug since RBY (pun not intended). I decided to dignify her existence by evolving her to Beautifly, and immediately afterwards descend her into PC prison. She was never meant to be. Birka was a more delightful surprise, since a future Water/Ground is never a wrong choice, thus extending the list further of possible reasons to sacrifice Bonaparte if necessary. I continued on forward, hoping that my next catch would affect my team line-up. It did.

Candy, Naive, Run Away, Eterna Forest

While I'm not lacking in Normal users in any way, this energic rabbit was still a welcome addition, as its evolved form would become a quick avenger with access to a strong fighting move early on. And with that, I had too many overlapping types on the team, meaning someone would have to take a fall in ranks. Wattson had served me well thus far, and even evolved into a Bibarel, but he had yet to be proven really dependable, and would have to wait in the PC until his services would be required once more.

Grass gym up next. The moment Dangerface has been waiting for.

Bonaparte Lv 20
Torrent
Mild nature
Likes to run
- Pound
- Peck
- Bubble
- Metal Claw

Dangerface Lv 19
Keen Eye
Hasty nature
Hates to lose
- Quick Attack
- Double Team
- Endeavour
- Wing Attack

Rushmore Lv 18
Rock Head
Lax nature
Thoroughly cunning
- Magnitude
- Rock Throw
- Rock Smash
- Rock Polish

Tricity Lv 19
Pickup
Sassy nature
Quick to flee
- Spark
- Charm
- Quick Attack
- Bide

Candy Lv 18
Run Away
Naive nature
Likes to relax
- Quick Attack
- Defense Curl
- Foresight
- Frustration
Baskervill, Mild, Route 204
Pecker, Hardy, Route 203
Everest, Rash, Route 207
Toblerone, Quiet, Oreburgh Mine
Wattson, Naive, Route 202
Ambrosia, Docile, Floaroma Meadow
Birka, Mild, Route 205
Gizamuluk, Brave, Ravaged Path
Robin Lv 3-7 , death by Bide.

Edit: Fixed typos and added levels.

As I walked away, the old Man gave me an Introduction to catching Pokemon.
Thank you old Man!!! (NOT)

In Route 2, I met:

Caught Bozo the Nosepass

I boxed him immediately, I already had a Dragon type.

Venusaur is hit Super effectively by Dragon Claw!!! POKEDEX UPDATED

First Pokemon I met in Viridian Forest Was:

And it has Drizzle!!!

Caught Defender the Lairon

I get out of the forest, heal up, then go directly to the Gym.
Look like Gary went faster.

Let's Take on Brock!!!

His Ralts was no match for My superior Lairon.

Lol : Lazy Jonathan

Tediursa's Submissions scares me!

He also gave me TM 39, it contain Rock Blast!!!

Team

Force the Beldum
Level: 13
Naive Nature
Ability:Pickup
Type:Dragon
Move:
-Dragon Claw

Dragon Claw is still powerful, but i'd like a little bit variety.

Exalted the Togepi
Level:10
Impish Nature
Ability: Huge Power
Type:Flying
Move:
-Bounce
-Wing Attack
-Toxic
-Aeroblast

EXALTED STILL SMASH!!! Seriously, stab Aeroblast, with 130 Base attack is insane.

Defender the Lairon
Level:13
Docile Nature
Ability:Drizzle
Type: Steel/Electric
Move:
-Iron Defense
-Meteor Mash
-ThunderPunch
-Zap Cannon

Lairon actually learns Thunder. It would be really good with Drizzle. I don't think i'll make him evolve.

90|Shellder |ICE/FIRE |40|45|100|65|30|25 Shield Dust |N/A
090 Shellder : Hi Jump Kick at level 1, Powder Snow at level 1, Spider Web at level 8, Eruption at level 15, Mist at level 22, Heat Wave at level 29, Aurora Beam at level 36, Fire Punch at level 43, Blast Burn at level 50

175|Togepi |FLYING| 40|65|20|20|35|65
Pure Power |N/A
175 Togepi : Bounce at level 1, Aeroblast at level 1, Peck at level 4, Wing Attack at level 9, Toxic at level 13, Uproar at level 17, Selfdestruct at level 21, Night Shade at level 25, Trick at level 29, Aerial Ace at level 33, Hyper Voice at level 37, Drill Peck at level 41

299|Nosepass |BUG/DRAGON | 45| 90| 45| 135| 30| 30
Pressure |N/A
Nosepass : Twineedle at level 1, DragonBreath at level 7, Slack Off at level 13, Pin Missile at level 16, Explosion at level 22, Signal Beam at level 28, Leech Life at level 31, Dragon Dance at level 37, Fury Cutter at level 43, Twister at level 46

374|Beldum |DRAGON |55|60|30|80|35|40
Pickup |Battle Armor
Beldum: Dragon Claw at level 1

Guess
Houndoum: DRAGON
Venusaur: DRAGON
Weedle: GROUND

Belly the Shellder Sad I could not use it's new type, it's movepool was great..

Liking the Nuzlocke Thunderbar, so I'm gonna start one for Leafgreen as well. Basically, Thunderbar's random settings except literally EVERYTHING is random. No early Shedinja (less than Level 20) or early Sonicboom and Dragon Rage though. Also, I will only be allowed to have 1 legendary in my party at a time.

• Started
  • Named myself tehax0r.
  • Named my Rival T-Bar (no personal offense, just you inspired me to do this.)
  • Set text speed to fast.
  • Starter choices are Porygon2, Igglybuff, and Corsola. Picked Porygon2.
  • Named it Ducky.
  • POKEDEX UPDATE. Porygon2 is Normal/Dark. Bold Nature. Ability Stench. Current moveset of Hydro Pump/Bulk Up/Growl.
  • T-Bar has Igglybuff.
  • POKEDEX UPDATE. Igglybuff has Trace.
  • Igglybuff gets OHKO'd by Hydro Pump.
  • Rival's class name has been changed to Fisher.

Porygon2 Lv.5
Normal/Dark
Ability: Stench
Bold Nature

Hydro Pump
Bulk Up
Growl

Porygon2 |NORMAL/DARK | 102| 112| 16| 108| 125| 52|Stench |Synchronize

Porygon2: Hydro Pump at level 1, Bulk Up at level 1, Growl at level 1, Present at level 9, Take Down at level 12, Mud-Slap at level 20, String Shot at level 24, Howl at level 32, Counter at level 36, Withdraw at level 44, Pay Day at level 48

Guesses
Igglybuff:Fire as indicated by starter description, although is still a potiental Dual Type. Also, has Trace as an ability, not sure if it gets two though.

Going decently so far, although looking at P2's learnset it's gonna be pretty rough outside of Hydro Pump. Hoping in the next part I get some good extra catches and that P2 can learn some good TM moves once I get them. P2's stats are good except for Defense and Speed, and that worries me, as one Fighting move and it's done, so I REALLY need to get another good Pokemon or two.

None yet

NONE YET =D!

Updates will all be posted in different posts, however the link to this, the OP, is in my signature.

EDIT: All standard Nuzlocke rules apply, nothing special.

• Did the Oak's Parcel Quest.
  • Got five Pokeballs.
  • Found Rhydon on Route 1.
  • Has Truant FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Also resists Water.
  • Female. Named it Concrete
  • Impish Nature. Ice/Water.
  • Currently has Knock Off/Blaze Kick/Absorb/Light Screen.
  • Bought 10 Pokeballs from Mart, no Premier Ball FUUUUUU.
  • Found Cyndaquil on Route 22. Neutral to Water, gets OHKO'd by Ducky's Hydro Pump.
  • Got Teachy TV from Old Man.
  • Found Carvanha on Route 2. Also Neutral to Water, gets OHKO'd by Ducky's Hydro Pump.
  • Found Kakuna in Viridian Forest. :evan:
  • Has Color Change and is weak to Fire Punch. Named it Cocoon. :happybrain: SOOOO CREATIVE ME!!!
  • Psychic/Bug. Hardy Nature. Color Change. Only Psycho Boost. >.> BOXING IMMEDIATELY!
  • Grinding for a while. Squirtle weak to water. Truant Rhydon is horse shit :(. Boxing.
  • Fighting T-Bar. Has a Nidorina in addition to Igglybuff, which got one-shotted. Beat T-Bar.

Porygon2 Lv.9
Normal/Dark
Stench
Bold Nature
Hydro Pump
Bulk Up
Growl

Porygon2 |NORMAL/DARK | 102| 112| 16| 108| 125| 52|Stench |Synchronize

Rhydon |ICE/WATER | 92| 106| 53| 67| 79| 88|Stench |Truant

Kakuna |PSYCHIC/BUG | 72| 28| 11| 50| 19| 26|Color Change|N/A

Rhydon Lv.2
Kakuna Lv.3

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hello Nuzlocke thread! I am starting an Emerald Nuzlocke challenge, and here are the rules:

Rules
-If a Pokemon Faints, it dies (Goes into a Cemetery Box)
-Can only catch the First Un-owned (Pokemon that does not have data registered in the Pokedex) Wild Pokemon encountered in any given Route (Before obtaining the Pokedex/Poke Balls does not count, Shiny Pokemon & Gift Pokemon are exempt)
-Must Nickname caught Pokemon
-If my entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If I have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, I may continue, otherwise I must start my game over.
-Can use all items, but may not purchase potions from the pokemart.
-Battle Style is Set
-Pokemon used in gym leader battles must not be over the highest level pokemon of the current gym leader
I will also be drawing a comic, hopefully semi-regularly, to go along with it.

Littleroot to Rustborough: Part 1

Today I: Moved to a new town, saved a professor, met a cute girl named May, and started an adventure: to explore the country whilst training pokemon! :)

I spent HOURS leveling my bugs and dogs and fire chicken in the grass outside of Rustboro. I had high hopes, though I knew the Rock Gym would pose a challenge to my Rock-weak team...Although I did defeat Roxanne, it was not without a grave loss; Kassie, the modest Beautifly, through her (and my) misplaced and contagious enthusiasm, fell prey to a 4x effective Rock Tomb. It was tragic, but my team has grown from the loss. I will never make the same mistake again.

Current Party

Ralph Lv. 15
Blaze
Timid Nature
-Scratch
-Focus Energy
-Growl
-Ember

Albert Lv. 15
Shield Dust
Impish Nature
-Confusion
-Gust
-Poison Sting
-Tackle

Shirley Lv. 15
Run Away
Quiet Nature
-Tackle
-Bite
-Howl

Scott Lv. 15
Pickup
Serious Nature
-Tackle
-Growl
-Headbutt
-Tail Whip

Nancy Lv 12
Guts
Modest Nature
-Peck
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
-Growl

Sean Lv. 7
Compound Eyes
Impish Nature
-Scratch
-Cut
-Leech Life
-Harden

Dead
Kassie, the Modest Beautifly RIP Lv 15

Boxed
Becky, the Bashful Whismur

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Blob, I'd be in if it were to happen. You may want to just ask one of the OI mods though, since when I thought about the idea I realized that it may be a frowned upon project.

But yeah, if we're talking about making the threads or whatever I'd want to do R/S/E tiers or B/W (2) but am definitely in.

What is this really weird "randomizer" thing I keep hearing about? I know of nuzlokes, but this thing where all Pokemon are random and have random attacks and abilities????????

I am terrible at this game btw...

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While Gym leaders are overall a cause of concern, Gardenia proved to be no large threat. Dangerface swiftly dealt with her whole team, who were slightly underlevelled for the occasion. But thanks to Gardenia's subpar battle instinct (Grass Knot on a Staravia, seems legit), it wasn’t long before I had acquired my second badge. Praise and joy were had by all, and I quickly began catching more mons thanks to the newly found freedom of HM01.

Chakra, Lax, Pure Power, Route 211

A most fine encounter, as Fighting and Psychic are both good to have in my arsenal and will become handy later in my quest. This would also have been the time I would bring up the Gastly I caught within the abandoned mansion, if my Tricity hadn’t outright killed it. Again. At that point I wasn’t sure if I should be disappointed by its careless strength or to be impressed that my Pachirisu is actually capable to OHKO something, but the loss of a potential ghost teammate was nonetheless a bitter moment. But I had to press onward.

I barged into the other large building of Eterna, which I assumed was the inofficial Bug gym judging by the trainers I encountered. I later realized that they were in fact weak Galactic grunts, and I instantly moved towards higher floors in search for the head honcho. The top floor revealed a peaceful hostage situation, along with a battle invitation from the unflattering host. Her Zubat was quickly defeated by Chakra, whose training had paid off well. Her Skuntank, however, was an ill omen of severe proportions, and I sent in Tricity to wall hits and charm its attack stat into oblivion. But her HP quickly came into orange range, and I switched to Rushmore who would hopefully take all hits with ease, but he was immediately Smoke Screened upon entry. The next turn quickly shifted the tide, where a Screech put a huge dent in Rushmore’s defense, and the Magnitude he performed missed its target. And then it happened.

Night Slash, coated in a critical hit. So along with the previous Screech, all odds for Rushmore's survival had been removed.

Dangerface cleaned things up by decreasing Skuntank’s remaining attack to laughable levels, where several Wing Attacks eventually paid their due and brought down my smelly opponent. The building was instantly cleared of the wretched hoodlums, and the bike owner made sure to reward me with a ride fit for a hero. My next visit to the Poke Center was a moment of relief to cure all of my wounded teammates, but also a saddening moment as my Graveyard would receive another contribution. You served me well, Rushmore, you were taken too soon.

The time was right to continue my journey towards Hearthome city, and along the way, many new accomplices were adopted.

Demolisher, Quirky, Mold Breaker, Mining Museum
Burnout, Bashful, Run Away, Route 206
McJagger, Quirky, Sturdy, Wayward cave
Harmstrong, Naive, Guts, Mount Coronet
Colorado, Timid, Unaware, Route 208

Demolisher was the first fossil I came across in the underground, and while I have plenty of Geodudes to replace my fallen comrade, he will make for a nice substitute. Not to mention I've never used a Cranidos before. Burnout was also a delightful encounter since there really isn’t that many fire types to go by, and I will look forward to using him later down the road. Harmstrong appeared too late to become my designated fighter, but if Chakra ever bites the dust, this Machop will be some extra muscle I could very well use. I contemplated fainting Colorado, as I doubted that I’d ever need another oversizedrodent. But since I won’t know what this playthrough will have in store, every teammate counts, and I caught her briefly afterwards. Still no grass types though. Where are all those Budew I keep hearing about?

Hearthome city, apart from its catchy theme music, made for a dull occasion. I had forgotten that the local gym wasn’t taking challenges from trainers with three badges or less. If that was an insult to my fighting record, or a subtle hint that I posessed no solid ghost counter, I’ll never know. A bearded stranger insisted that I would take care of a daycare egg, and after much pondering, Candy would have to take a shift in the PC until the egg had revealed its contents. I’m no person to turn down free gifts, and I won’t begin now. My rival greeted me as usual with a sudden assault in the streets, and the battle which followed was quickly solved with a minimum of switches and battle tactics.

Next destination: Veilstone city. New party members: these guys.

Wayne, Calm, Inner Focus, Route 209
Turbo, Hasty, Flash Fire, Route 210
Nero, Timid, Levitate, Solaceon Ruins
Pyroe, Gentle, Flash Fire, Route 215
Gilligan, Gentle, Natural Cure, Hearthome city egg

The sudden influx of flammable horses were an odd surprise, as I assumed Burnout would be my only ticket to fire-type haven. Wayne was a large disappointment, as I would have preferred to have seen a Murkrow or Gastly in its place. The egg resulted in a healthy Happiny, and while that turned out to be a positive surprise, it was shortly followed by a dismal prognosis as an unimpressive special attack stat and no access to Toxic, Seismic Toss and Wish truly made Gilligan a dreadful case. And it still wasn’t the worst haul out of the bunch, since Nero easily owned that title. Although it did receive a good nature.

Veilstone has been a city I’ve been looking forward to, as their shopping district has several TMs my team could make good use of. While Candy had gotten boxed because of the egg-stra weight, her stay would have to be prolonged as I now had a fire blasting Ponyta. Turbo made good use of that overpowered move, until he met an unlikely opponent in the form of a Misdreavus. Following the orders of its psychic trainer, and proving to have a surprisingly good bulk against Turbo’s barrage of flames, a combination of Confuse Ray and a critical Astonish put down my fire horse for good. It was quickly avenged, but the sweet reward of victory did little to ease the loss of a good team member. I had horses to spare, so with great wealth comes carelessness. A lesson with a painful tuition fee.

Fighting gym up next. And with it, Maylene.

Bonaparte Lv 28
Torrent
Mild nature
Likes to run
- Bubble Beam
- Peck
- Blizzard
- Metal Claw

Dangerface Lv 28
Keen Eye
Hasty nature
Hates to lose
- Quick Attack
- Steel Wing
- Endeavour
- Aerial Ace

Tricity Lv 26
Pickup
Sassy nature
Quick to flee
- Spark
- Charm
- Sweet Kiss
- Cut

Chakra Lv 28
Pure Power
Lax nature
Mischievous
- Confusion
- Reflect
- Rock Smash
- Calm Mind

Demolisher Lv 26
Mold Breaker
Quirky nature
Often scatters things
- Rock Tomb
- Assurance
- Strength
- Scare Face

Pyroe Lv 28
Flash Fire
Gentle nature
Often lost in thought
- Ember
- Fire Blast
- Stomp
- Fire Spin
Wattson, Naive, Route 202
Pecker, Hardy, Route 203
Baskervill, Mild, Route 204
Birka, Mild, Route 205
Burnout, Bashful, Run Away, Route 206
Everest, Rash, Route 207
Colorado, Timid, Unaware, Route 208
Wayne, Calm, Inner Focus, Route 209
Toblerone, Quiet, Oreburgh Mine
Ambrosia, Docile, Floaroma Meadow
Gizamuluk, Brave, Ravaged Path
Candy, Naive, Eterna Forest
McJagger, Quirky, Sturdy, Wayward cave
Harmstrong, Naive, Guts, Mount Coronet
Nero, Timid, Levitate, Solaceon Ruins
Gilligan, Gentle, Natural Cure, Hearthome city egg
Robin Lv 3-7 , death by Bide.
Rushmore, Lv 6-18, a foul critical Night Slash by Skuntank.
Turbo Lv 19-21, an astonishing defeat by Misdreavus

Nuzlocke Re-do: Soulsilver Restart

Hey everyone, I appologize for the long length of time since my last, but here it is: My Nuzlocke update! It's bad news. My entire party got picked off, one by one, in victory road apparently (probably from lack of focus... ). When i started it up and saw I had no one left, I decided it was time to restart. and so I did.

Here you all go! My new and improved (psh) Soulsilver Nuzlocke, staring Agent Hex and his all - star team.​

Gym Leaders Conquered So Far​

The Story
All has not been well. From the start of this Nuzlocke the game's been out to get me. I lost my first - caught pokemon and knew I was in for a challenge. I mean really, WHO LOSES THEIR FIRST CAUGHT POKEMON TO A WILD PIDGEY. Anyways, events have passed by, there have been quite a few funerals, sadly ... A lot of the deaths this time around hurt deeply, but I am not phased. After a flawless victory to Chuck and a Team - Recatchment, (Training that newly captured team atm) I am preparing to take on team rocket, then the ice gym leader​

The Survivors
These Pokemon are the ones that stuck with me either from the very beginning, or have gone through some incredibly tough trials with me and lasted to the end by my side. I commend each one listed under this category and hope that they will be willing and dedicated enough to endure the trials to come.​

Time Stamp the Rash Noctowl
Met on route 31 at lvl 4, it's proud of its power

Level 33
Keen Eye
Confusion
Fly
Reflect
Air Slash

Time Stamp has been there we me, clearly, from the very start of my journey. He's watched a lot of commrades fall, and has been since determined to do his very best not to let a another perish. He's been doing a great job of it, hence his level.

Ahri the Impish Vulpix
Met on route 37 at lvl 14, it likes to relax

Level 30
Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Confuse Ray
Safeguard
Will - O - Wisp

Ahri (hehehHAHAHAH love her name. ) has been surprisingly more useful than one would think. Having faith in the pokemon your given is the biggest part of any Nuzlocke. Ahri has helped me face quite a few tough wild pokemon AND trainers, taking some of them down single handedly! As tough as she is, I would not mind an evolution. Must find a fire stone.

The Add - Ons
These Pokemon are the ones that agreed to partner up with me as I continued my sad Treck. They are the ones that are currently in tough, rigorous training​

Urfana the Rash Seel
Met on route 47 at lvl 20, it's Quick to Flee

Level 30
Hydration
Surf
Aurora Beam
Rest
Ice Shard

Malovent the Mild Misdreavus
Met at the Safari Zone at lvl 15, it's thoroughly cunning

Level 30
Levitate
Psybeam
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray

Herp the Timid Girafarig
Met on route 48 at lvl 20, it's Capable of taking hits

Level 30
Inner Focus
Assurance
Stomp
Agility
Psybeam

Sentry
- Sentry died to a critical hit from a pidgey during training.. may she rest in peace.

Pinball
- Pinball died to a critical scratch from a wild sentret during training, poor thing didn't have the chance to do anything much

Swift
- Swift .. died in the second gym battle from a critical U - Turn due to my faith that Scyther would not do that to a Noctowl.. My own foolishness cost me my first and best friend, RIP.

Dopey
- Dopey died to Morty's Gengar, I'm sorry ..

Silence
- Silence died to a critical stomp from Miltank during Whitney's battle ( notice the critical streak. )

Signs
- Signs died in the Lighthouse, on the way to rescue Jasmine's sick pokemon

Until Next time everyone

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
My Emerald Nuzlocke ended in disaster when my team fell prey to Gym Leader Wats' Magneton. He wiped them all out, and I was left with the three in my box, a gulpin, mightyena, and bellsprout, who, without overleveling, were unable to defeat him. But, like Airhawk who posted before me, I am unphased, and I've foregone restarting Emerald and moved on to LeafGreen instead. Here is my first comic for my LeafGreen Hardmode Challenge:

Rules:
Must nickname all pokemon, cute little buddies that they are
But must only catch the first pokemon seen in each area, and if they faint or are not caught, then to bad, no retries, and no catching a prev. caught poke, even if theyve died
Should keep the level of highest pokemon comparable to current gym leaders highest level pokemon
and of course, if a pokemon faints it is dead , and goes in the 'Dead' box

Shortly after acquiring 5 pokeballs from Prof Oak, Green caught a pidgey, who fell to a crit from a feisty rattata on route 1 :/. Disturbed but still strong, Green moved on to Viridian city where he promptly caught a level 3 Mankey. He was very excited about this new addition, despite Michael the mankey's Modest nature. However, The first weedle Green encountered in Viridian Forest landed a crit Poison Sting on Michael, thus ending his short career. Live hard die young Michael.
So, stuck with his starter, Bob the Bulbasaur, Green grinded through Viridian forest and finally made it to Pewter city. By this time Bob was Lv 14, quite sufficient to face Brock the Gym Leader. And face him he did. OHKO's was the name of the game as Bob Vine Whipped his way to victory over Brock and his Rock type Pokemon. Thus we meet Green and Bob in Pewter city, spoiling for battle, remembering their lost allies and forging ahead..to Mt. Moon and beyond.

(more comics will follow :D)

My Emerald Nuzlocke ended in disaster when my team fell prey to Gym Leader Wats' Magneton. He wiped them all out, and I was left with the three in my box, a gulpin, mightyena, and bellsprout, who, without overleveling, were unable to defeat him. But, like Airhawk who posted before me, I am unphased, and I've foregone restarting Emerald and moved on to LeafGreen instead. Here is my first comic for my LeafGreen Hardmode Challenge:

Rules:
Must nickname all pokemon, cute little buddies that they are
But must only catch the first pokemon seen in each area, and if they faint or are not caught, then to bad, no retries, and no catching a prev. caught poke, even if theyve died
Should keep the level of highest pokemon comparable to current gym leaders highest level pokemon
and of course, if a pokemon faints it is dead , and goes in the 'Dead' box

Shortly after acquiring 5 pokeballs from Prof Oak, Green caught a pidgey, who fell to a crit from a feisty rattata on route 1 :/. Disturbed but still strong, Green moved on to Viridian city where he promptly caught a level 3 Mankey. He was very excited about this new addition, despite Michael the mankey's Modest nature. However, The first weedle Green encountered in Viridian Forest landed a crit Poison Sting on Michael, thus ending his short career. Live hard die young Michael.
So, stuck with his starter, Bob the Bulbasaur, Green grinded through Viridian forest and finally made it to Pewter city. By this time Bob was Lv 14, quite sufficient to face Brock the Gym Leader. And face him he did. OHKO's was the name of the game as Bob Vine Whipped his way to victory over Brock and his Rock type Pokemon. Thus we meet Green and Bob in Pewter city, spoiling for battle, remembering their lost allies and forging ahead..to Mt. Moon and beyond.

(more comics will follow :D)
I love your drawing style! It's very unique, so I'll be sure about who I'm reading. Plus, Bob looks pretty cute. :3

Definitely following! :D

TIME FOR A NUZLOCKE!

Will be playing through Fire Red.

Rules:
If a pokemon faints, it will be considered dead and boxed away, never to again see the light of day :3
If I come across the same pokemon I have already captured in a previous route, too bad, that is the pokemon I will have to catch/defeat.
No legendaries

Ahhhhhh, here we go.

Making sure to quickly grab the potion from the PC (no super short nuzlocke for us) we entered Oak's Lab, where we chose...

Nicholas the Sassy Charmander.

After comprehensively defeating our Rival, we obliterated Route 1 gaining levels, healed up at the pokecentre and retrieved Oak's package from the pokemart, re-obliterated Route 1 again before finally returning to Oak to receive a pokedex and 5 pokeballs.

Nicholas lead the way back to Route 1 to meet a pokemon we would hopefully capture...

Roosevelt the Calm Pidgey.

And then we REALLY lucked out on Route 22. :DDD

Lucas the ADAMANT :D Mankey.

Not wanting to be horrifically murdered by our Rival on Route 22, we skipped him for the time being and went on ahead to Route 2 to encounter and capture...

Marco the Quirky Pidgey.
another pidgey, yaaaaaay!...naht.

As I was getting better vibes from Marco than Roosevelt (1 lvl higher FTW!), I boxed Roosevelt and continued on the Viridian Forest! Where we captured...

Alonzo the Bashful Caterpie.

Some serious training was going to have to happen if we were any chance of defeating the Brock and his rock-type monoliths.... *inspirational Rocky music*
Evolving Alonzo in Metapod and then Butterfree <3...Until finally we were ready.

Lucas was sent out to face Geodude.
Using Low Kick we took it out with two hits and managed to only receive a slight amount of damage, and learned Karate Chop. Ye-ye-ye-yeaaaaaahhh!
Onix was then sent out a immediately dispatched with a critical Karate Chop!
:D
Brock handed us the Boulderbadge *da da da daaaaaah* and a Rock Tomb TM, and we left the gym, feeling pretty great about ourselves.

THE TEAM

Nicholas - lv12 - Blaze
- Ember
- Scratch
- Growl

Alonzo - lv12 - Compoundeyes
- Confusion
- Tackle
- Harden
- String Shot

Lucas - lv12 - Vital Spirit
- Karate Chop
- Scratch
- Low Kick
- Leer

Marco - lv12 - Keen Eye
- Tackle
- Gust
- Sand Attack

BOXED

Roosevelt - lv3 - Keen Eye

After beating Brock, we head off towards Mt.Moon, battling through the hordes of trainers on Route 3 where we tragically had our first loss to the team..

Marco - lv13, got poisoned against a bug catcher's weedle and couldnt be healed in time. :(

To make matters even worse, we encountered a wild Spearow on Route 3, but completely messed it up with a critical Scratch from Lucas...

We finally made it to Mt.Moon, still reeling after the loss of a friend, we entered to capture...

Phyllis the Careful Zubat. <-- who didn't see that coming..

But as it happens, our troubles were not over yet, Alonzo was sent out against a fierce looking Rattata (probably in the top 2 percent) and copped a critical Hyper Fang...

Alonzo - lv16.. :(

Determined not to lose any other friends, Lucas and Nicholas teamed up and left a wake of youngsters, hikers, nerds and rocket grunts in their wake to eventually reach the other side of Mt.Moon.
We then ventured across two Blackbelts, one fixated on punching, the other, obsessed with kicking. So Mankey forgot Scratch in order to learn Mega Punch! :')

We reached the long grass of Route 4, where we were very careful not to spoil this opportunity...

Stephanie the Bold Spearow.

But of course there was always going to be more tragedy... after healing up we headed out onto Nugget Bridge where our Rival had ambushed us where we were successful in battle, but....

Phyllis - lv14 - was dealt a critical quick attack from the Rival's Pidgeotto..

After beating the Nugget Bridge, we headed left to the long grass of Route 24, to encounter a wild Abra, who teleported off after escaping from a poke ball.
Then we ventured out to Route 25 to encounter...

Nora the Jolly Weedle.

From there we grinded for a bit to get our levels up, evolving Nora into a Beedrill and Stephanie into a Fearow, whilst defeating the remaining trainers on Route 25 and visiting Bill's House up on the cape, until we could finally wait no longer, the gym battle had to commence.

Lucas quickly dispatched every gym trainer, and we were left with only Misty.
Lucas took on Misty's Staryu and destroyed it with one Karate Chop, but Starmie was going to be a whole other story, so we switched out to Nora, who HAD to poison Starmie if we were ever going to be chance at the win, Starmie outsped Nora, so we only had two shots at it, Starmie used Water Pulse, taking out just less than half of Nora's HP, Nora used Poison Sting, not paralyzing Starmie, Starmie used Water Pulse again, taking Nora down to the red and confusing her... :/ but we had to try, Nora overcame the confusion and hit Starmie with Poison Sting and...... YES! POISONED! And then, Nora sacrificed herself in oreder to let Stephanie switch in safely and finish the job with super-effective Pursuits. Misty hands us the Cascadebadge as well as a Water Pulse TM (which could be very useful) and we leave the gym enthralled, but saddened and humbled by the sacrifice of Nora in order to allow us to proceed...

Nora - lv19 - Your sacrifice will never be forgotten, friend.

THE TEAM

Nicholas - lv20 - Blaze
- Ember
- Scratch
- Metal Claw
- Growl

Stephanie - lv21 - Keen Eye
- Fury Attack
- Peck
- Pursuit
- Growl

Lucas - lv21 - Vital Spirit
- Karate Chop
- Mega Punch
- Low Kick
- Focus Energy

BOXED
- Roosevelt - lv3 - Keen Eye

GRAVEYARD
- Marco - lv13 - Keen Eye
- Alonzo - lv16 - Compoundeyes
- Phyllis - lv14 - Inner Focus
- Nora - lv19 - Swarm

I'm currently doing my first ever Nuzlocke. I won't post my progress (it's on Ruby) because I'm too far ahead (I'm at victory Road), but I have to share this.

Since the highest level Pokemon in the E4 is Steven's Lv58 Metagross, I figured I'd grind my team to around there so we're on a level playing field.

I run into a Shiny Loudred.

I think we can wave the "First Pokemon only" rule this one time ;)

Have any of you run into any Shinies during your Nuzlockes?

I'm currently doing my first ever Nuzlocke. I won't post my progress (it's on Ruby) because I'm too far ahead (I'm at victory Road), but I have to share this.

Since the highest level Pokemon in the E4 is Steven's Lv58 Metagross, I figured I'd grind my team to around there so we're on a level playing field.

I run into a Shiny Loudred.

I think we can wave the "First Pokemon only" rule this one time ;)

Have any of you run into any Shinies during your Nuzlockes?
I ran into a Shiny Kricketot on my second Nuzlocke ever, on my Platinum. I almost didn't catch it because I was so surprised.

Needless to say, I caught it and immediately boxed that son of a bitch. I traded it over to my anchor game for Gen 4, Pearl, and went on my merry Nuzlocke way after releasing the Bidoof I traded over.

Never, ever, EVER give up on Shinies. :D

Beat Iris in my first BW2 Nuzlocke challenge.

In loving memory...

Each and every one of these Pokemon died a heroic death, some at the hands of CHs, some simply taking a necessary hit in order for my team to overcome an obstacle (usually a Fighting guy). Fate was especially cruel on my Water-types.

A tear was shed at the death of Lobster the Magnezone, who died at the hand of Iris's Haxorus after carrying the team on its figurative back for the longest time of all members.

Jeeze, this place is dead. Anyway, started a HeartGold Nuzlocke Randomizer. Started with Totodile and just caught my first mon, a Combusken.

Wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)