Nuzlocke Challenge

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since Ancien Regime is a lamer, I'm restarting the Nuzlocke Touhoumon.

Rules:
- If a Touhou faints, it must be released.
- You may only catch the first UNIQUE Pokemon in each area- If you already have a member of that line, you get to try again. (this is because Chen shows up everywhere and i don't need more than 1 ever zzz)
- Healing items are not allowed, except to cure the Poison status, and only outside of battle.
- Touhous will NOT be Nicknamed... they already have plenty of personality.
- I reserve the right to catch extra Touhou for the purpose of HM Slaving. However, these Touhous may not be used in combat... and they don't count as extra Touhous if all others are slain.
- Giftmons do not count towards an area's "one Touhou" limit.
- Legendaries may NOT be used. (kongala is broken as shit, lulz)
- In a similar vein, no Final / Last Word evolutions. Certain Advent variants are acceptable, but ones that are obviously broken (advent yukari lulz) are not counted.
- I reserve the right to use the "one potion" to guarantee a win in the first fight. That shit is hard as balls otherwise.
- I will buy Touhou Orbs (pokeballs) and Antidotes, but NOTHING ELSE. No Great Orbs, no Revives, none of that bullshit.

I will likely be starting with Sakuya, as I've done playthroughs with Marisa and Reimu already.

I've been looking into this, waiting to finish playing through HG. Now that I have, I'm going to do this on D or P, not sure which yet.

Rules I've decided to use:
Normal ones (nickname, no healing items, catch first encounter, etc)
Set to Set not Shift
No using stat enhancing items (Protein, HP Up, PPUp, etc)
No HM Slaves
No Legendarys
No buying items

Lets he how far I get before I hate myself for this.

Eh, I can't keep up the narative, but I'm into the first cave, so far no deaths. At the moment all my pokemon are flying or poison.

L9 Nidoran-F Queen - Careful
L12 Beedrill F Thorn - Sassy
L14 Bulbasaur M Knight - Bold
L12 Pidgey F Sandy - Naughty
L13 Spearow M Archer - Jolly
L8 Zubat F Zuzy - Naughty

Killed
None Yet

Boxed
None Yet

Dr. Attack's Nuzlocke Challenge run: HeartGold edition

Rules
-Faint=Release
-Only catch first Pokemon encountered in each area
-Nicknames
-Healing items in battle only
-No stat or level boosting items
-Set style of battle
-No running from battle (Retreat is not in my vocabulary)
-Items (poke balls, potions etc...) cannot be purchased
-No legendary's
-No grinding

Ok so this is turning out easier than I expected... =] I'm not going to roleplay but I will log important events and my party members so you guys can see how I beat this thing (and believe me I will beat this).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I started out by selecting Chikorita. Chikorita was the starter I chose in my first play through of Gold version so I went for the nostalgia factor. I figured that picking the grass starter might make this challenge even harder so that was a plus.

I ended up with Perry the Jolly male Chikorita. So far so terrible. I ran Elm's errands and Perry grew to level 8 picking up razor leaf along the way. I handily defeated my rivals level 5 cyndaquil and got some pokeballs from the chick with the marill.

I went up into Route 46 and caught a Hasty spearow which I named Capt. Jack. I made another succesful capture at route 31 and ended up with a calm pidgey named Turtle.

After breezing my way into Violet City thanks to Peck and the abundance of bug pokemon I decided to make a quick little detour into the ruins of Alph to pick up an unown (praying for HP electric, rock or ice to help me take on Falkner) After putting a puzzle together and falling down a hole I ended up with a bashful G unown with HP fire. =/ Oh well G-Unit is still my homie.

As I made my way out of the ruins I had my first close call. I met a nasty little unown with HP Ice of all things. Hitting 3 of my 4 dudes for super effective damage. I switched G-Unit in hoping to take the hit but he got smacked by a critical Hidden Power that left him with 1 HP. If Perry wasn't so bulky my journey would have ended in that gloomy cavern.

I now stand with my party preparing to enter the Sprout Tower. Will we stand victorious? Will we all make it through the battles to come alive? Only time will tell.

The crew:
Perry Lv. 10 (Jolly)

Capt. Jack Lv. 7 (Hasty)

Turtle Lv. 6 (Calm)

G-Unit Lv. 5 (Bashful)

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, so doing this in the form of a narrative like everyone else is would just be creepy as fuck due to the Touhoumon nature, so I'll be just doing this more like a playlog.

Chapter 1 - Of Maids, Goddesses, and Gaps.

Since I chose Sakuya as my starter, I realized that I might be in a little trouble as far as the Rock gym goes...

Luckily, my encounters are rigged as shit right now. Three rare Pokemon, each making my life a LOT easier:

Route 1 brings Kanako, a bulky, slow Grass/Electric type. Powerful special attacks coming off of solid SAtk and useful typing are extremely helpful against Brock and his BS.

Route 22 brings the extremely rare Yukari, an incredibly defensive Psychic-type. Her evolutions are late, at levels 30 and 46 respectively, but her stats are decent low, and when she starts evolving she starts kicking ass.

Route 3 brought Ran, a powerful Ground-type. Adamant nature is also really damn useful, and her Rock resistance is invaluable when facing Brock's powerful Rock-type attacks.

Needless to say, I caught them all.

Areas traversed:

Pallet Town - Sakuya
Route 1 - Kanako
Viridian City
Route 22 - Yukari
Route 2 - Ran

Average level: 7

Chapter 2: A Romp In The Forest, and Battle With Brock

This update brings my first death... but luckily my only death.

Viridian Forest is a gay. The gettable mons are pretty mediocre, and it's got some annoying trainers. I wander into the grass and come out with a Lunachild, some shitty electric-type fodder fairy. However, she does come in handy racking up some much-needed damage against a vicious Level 14 Sunnymilk, whose Ember pretty much singlehandedly puts it in my whole team (ice / slow psychic / grass/electric / ground with no stab move... yeah owned). However, she died in the process, and was promptly released.

Luckily, Brock was actually kind to me. Kanako slaughtered his Tenshi with her new toy, Razor Leaf. Double Kick from Sakuya cut Letty down to size. Kanako's Razor Leaf put a huge dent in Yuugi, and she lived a powerful Howled Mega Kick. Finally, Ran took advantage of her Rock resistance to finish off Suika and win the battle for me. Honestly, the fact that nobody died there is insane.

Oh yeah, I picked up some useless Flying-type as a gift, but whatever.

Areas traversed:

Viridian Forest - Lunachild, RIP
Route 2-2
Pewter City

Level: 12

Next up: Route 4 and Mt. Moon!

Attention

I hope that got your attention. As grand puba of this here thread I declare that I think we should have a vote, after a few weeks more maybe, of "best nickname for a particular pokemon".

For example, if people find "rat penis" the best on a rattata, they can vote for that. Or if they find "Moot" the best name for a slowpoke, they can vote for that. Anyone find this agreeable?

Also the slowpoke moot thing was because I find a distinct lack of moot MS paint art dominating this thread and I was hoping for more.

Edit: I plan on updating with my status, I really do...but I am thinking my lack of manual dexterity is a particular problem. So, my plan is to draw, by hand on paper, a stickman comic and try to use the scanner to load it up and make all of you pleased beyond anything thorns could hope to please. Thorns this is a challenge btw. Really thorns, you better best my best stickmanning.

challenge...

ACCEPTED

once my desktop decides to work, which may be any amount of time from twenty (20) minutes to a year

I can dance all day, Thorns.

Wait til tomorrow, you'll be weeping. WEEPING. If I were you I'd use your pencil to take notes rather than to draw comics, because you sir are gonna have your shit ruined.

Doing this shit on Platinum, should be fun stuff. Also there is a theme to my nicknames since I find that a fun way to give nicknames. Also I cbf with narration so I'll log it.

I chose Turtwig as my starter, and I called him LooseWolf. Lonely nature ain't bad.

Upon entering Route 201, I find a Bidoof. After catching it, I named it Crystal (lol it's male). Serious nature Bidoof is serious (yet unaware).

Next I go to Lake Verity and find a Starly. I almost shit myself as LooseWolf gets a critical hit with Tackle, but lucky for me it doesn't OHKO. I called the newly acquired Starly Giant, and I am very excited to see it is Adamant nature.

I go to Route 202 (after a bit of grinding of course), and happen upon a Shinx. It has Intimidate, which excites me. I catch it and call it Crest, who is Docile natured (could be worse).

I almost lost Crystal to a critical hit from one of the trainers in the trainer school, he got left on 1HP. It would've been a sad loss.

So at the end of the day, my Pokemon are as follows in Jubilife City:

(LooseWolf) Lv11
(Crystal) Lv7
(Giant) Lv9
(Crest) Lv9

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Part 3: Mt. Moon

Uneventful insofar as I played really damn cautiously and didn't get raped like I could have. Got lucky again with the Tenshi pickup here, as she's essentially Geodude except with more awesome. (much cuter too)

When fossil time rolls around, I grab the Kirisame Fossil. I know I'll never use it, but it's still marginally amusing.

Areas traversed:

Mt. Moon - Tenshi
Route 4-2

Level upon cave exit: 14.

Chapter 4: Nugget Bridge & Avoiding A Watery Grave

I tackle Nugget Bridge without a problem, managing to pick up solid levels for everyone. However, in the bushes next to Nugget Bridge, yet another lucky pickup shows up... this time in the form of Remilia, a powerful Dark/Flying type with great offense. Murkrow with evo options that don't suck, pretty much. Oh, Intimidate too.

I make my way to ZUN's house (yeah bill whatever), nab the SS Anne ticket, and then RUN FOR MY BLOODY LIFE. I know for a fact that Misty will destroy my existence, and I'm not about to let shit go down like that. Nothing gets caught along the way, but the Remy pickup is useful.

Oh, and Chibi Sakuya hits 18 and evolves into Sakuya. Cool beans, as she is once again the strongest member of the party.

Areas Traversed:

Cerulean City
Route 24 - Remilia
Route 25
Route 5
Underground Passage
Route 6

Evolutions:

CSakuya -> Sakuya (18)

Average Level: 18

Chapter 5: I'm On A Boat (feat. T-Pain)

S.S. Anne gives me a great chance to pick up some much needed grindage for my newly minted Remilia, who has already caught up in levels AND in ass-kicking potential. Tenshi also singlehandedly annihilates my rival, and I pick up Cut, which I teach to Tenshi. (In this game, Cut is actually semi-useful, and Tenshi's movepool is meh. Besides, Rock/Ground is great coverage anyway.)

After that, I go kill the stuff leading to the first Sleeping Genji, in order to get Kanako and Remilia to Level 24 and Evolution. I know I'll need Kanako and Remilia fighting fit to take down Misty. In unrelated news, Yukari starts showing her age, as her offense has gone from "ok" to "terrible" and her level 30 promotion is unbearably far away. I'm gonna stick with her, though, since she DID pull me through some tough times early on.

Areas Traversed:

S.S. Anne
Route 11

Evolutions:

CKanako -> Kanako (24)
CRemilia -> Remilia (24)

Average Level: 22

Next: Chapter 6 - Boss Rush: Misty and Surge

Attention

I hope that got your attention. As grand puba of this here thread I declare that I think we should have a vote, after a few weeks more maybe, of "best nickname for a particular pokemon".

For example, if people find "rat penis" the best on a rattata, they can vote for that. Or if they find "Moot" the best name for a slowpoke, they can vote for that. Anyone find this agreeable?

Also the slowpoke moot thing was because I find a distinct lack of moot MS paint art dominating this thread and I was hoping for more.

Edit: I plan on updating with my status, I really do...but I am thinking my lack of manual dexterity is a particular problem. So, my plan is to draw, by hand on paper, a stickman comic and try to use the scanner to load it up and make all of you pleased beyond anything thorns could hope to please. Thorns this is a challenge btw. Really thorns, you better best my best stickmanning.
Mariguana auto-wins Treecko without a doubt

Rules:
Faint = Death = Put in box.
No buying items.
Only use items found on the floor or via pickup (Cannot be used in-battle)
All pokemon nicknamed.
First pokemon of each area can be caught
No HM slaves

Ruby:
Mudkip called Vortex. Trashed May, the little bitch. Got some pokemonballs, caught a Zigzagoon (called Zoon). Onto the woods where I met Mushy the Shroomish who kicks anal teat. Straight up through there (Zoon got poisoned and I had to leg it to Petalburg while using the few potions I found along the way.
Through Rustboro and caught a Whismur outside that tunnel. Nicknamed Skream. Cute little guy.
Mushy and Vortex took on all of the gym by themselves (Leech seeded and paralyzed Nosepass). Then we batter the team magma member yet again, got another great ball and the pokenav. Which is almost useless.
Got to Dewford where we suffer another poison attack from a tentacool but nothing too serious. Found Makuhita (Mickey) in the cave. Gave the letetr to Steven and off to Slateport for some training.
Fucked up team magma, got an Electrike (Elektra, which refuses to grow levels as it requires loaaaaaaaads of exp). Then on to the Trick House. A bad idea. Poor Skream fell to a Zigzagoon's Tail Whip/Headbutt combo, but Mickey got revenge.
My bag was full of crap so I didn't even get a rare candy :(
Now onto Brawly...

Update

Misty:
Misty didn't go as I expected, but I pulled through without losing anyone. Right before dying, Staryu woke up and confused my Stinkweed, so I had to switch to Koopa to avoid the risk of confusion. Luckily, it 3HKOd Starmie with Bite. Didn't even need Kushi.

After that, I headed south and nabbed a Pidgey on Route 5 (Perky), but skipped Route 6, save most of the trainers. Went straight to Diglett Cave, caught a Diglett (PINGAS!), and got him out as a new member of my team.

SS Anne:
SS Anne was generally a huge grind-fest for Kushi and Stinkweed, the latter evolving into a Gloom. PINGAS! gained some experience, but was unfortunately short-lived. A Lv. 23 Pikachu beat it with Quick Attack and Slam when Magnitude only rolled a 5; I really should have used Dig.

Rival battle: fluctuating difficulty. Koopa had little trouble with Pidgeotto this time, and actually beat Ivysaur on his own. 5HKOd with Bite; Sleep Powder missed three times and it flinched once. Then Kadabra spoiled my Bite sweep with Disable and Kinesis; Kushi (who almost died) and Robin had to pitch in to take it down.

Moving on:
After Diglett got a proper funeral, I decided to postpone Surge, as his Raichu would likely hax my Grass-types to death. Instead, I caught a Drowzee (BigPerv, may change at Lavender Town) on ROute 11 and a Meowth (Klepto) on Route 6. BigPerv immediately became the fifth member of my team, and I spent over an hour grinding him to match the rest of my team. I also traded the nameless Spearow for CH'DING the Farfetch'd.

To Rock Tunnel:

Once BigPerv was properly leveled, I made my way through Route 9, with a few trips back to the Pokemon Center. (I swear the AI tries to poison you at damn near every opportunity.) Caught an Ekans (Narcissa) on Route 9 and a Spearow (ThirdSoFar, literally) on Route 10. Kushi's evolution was delayed one level to get Spore early, and Rock Tunnel has several trainers with Ground / Water / Psychic types.

Stopped in the Pokemon Center since I want to look up who has a Graveler, which can Self-Destruct. Hopefully I'll keep my team members alive; thank God they're all pretty bulky.

Team:

Wartortle (Koopa)- Level 26- Gentle, Male- Water Gun / Bite / Tackle / Tail Whip
+Starter Pokemon and main team member. Pretty bad SpcAtk and Spd IVs, but they're negligible by now.

Pidgeotto (Robin)- Level 24- Calm, Female- Gust / Tackle / Quick Attack / Sand Attack
+Second team member and successor to EyePecker. Fearless in battle and holds her own.

Paras (Kushi)- Level 24- Naughty, Female- Scratch / Poisonpowder / Stun Spore / Bullet Seed
+Third team member, useful against types she's not weak to. She still has the TinyMushroom she came with.

Gloom (Stinkweed)- Level 23- Naive, Female- Absorb / Sleep Powder / Poisonpowder / Stun Spore
+Fourth official team member. Immune to poison, but really needs another attack.

Drowzee (BigPerv)- Level 24- Hardy, Male- Confusion / Headbutt / Hypnosis / Pound
+Fifth team member and new clown. He's quite useful, but I'll need to keep him on a leash if I get a female Machop.

Farfetch'd (CH'DING)- Level 7- Adamant, Male- Peck / Growl / Leer
+Made use of that Spearow early. He'll make a good Cut slave, but not a good fighter.

Boxed:

Weedle (Hornybee)- Level 4- Modest, Male- Poison Sting / String Shot
+Former team clown. Saving for death fodder, preferably against a female. ;P

Weedle (ImGonnaDie)- Level 8- Impish, Male- Poison Sting / String Shot
+As the name implies, he's death fodder unless I evolve him to use as a doorstop.

Pidgey (Perky)- Level 15- Jolly, Female- Tackle / Sand Attack / Gust / Quick Attack
+Another Pidgey I picked up on the way. Better nature, but Robin's already trained.

Rattata (CRUNCH!)- Level 12- Timid, Male- Tackle / Tail Whip / Quick Attack
+Not gonna train him; I've got five members as it is and want a good Mon in the sixth slot.

Meowth (Klepto)- Level 10- hardy, Male- Scratch / Growl / Bite
+Another catch I got. He'll be my backup Cut user.

Spearow (ThirdSoFar)- Level 17- Timid, Male- Peck / Growl / Leer / Fury Attack
+Third Spearow I've got, only one I still have. I think I'm set for Fliers.

Ekans (Narcissa)- Level 11- Lonely, Female- Wrap / Leer / Poison Sting
+Maybe Intimidate will be useful, maybe... ?

Failures:

Spearow (EyePecker)- Level 6- Lonely, Male- Peck / Growl
+My original 2nd, cut short due to poison from a stalwart Weedle.

Diglett (PINGAS!)- Level 18- Sassy, Male- Magnitude / Scratch / Sand Attack / Dig
+Poor thing got bested by a Pikachu of all things... he never really acted as I would like, though.

I'm going to attempt this on Emerald, but I'm going to start with realtively relaxed rules due to my inherent crapness. If this goes well I'll probably do it with the harder rules.

RULES

- Can only catch the first UNIQUE Pokemon in each area (So if I find a Zigzagoon but already have one, I can catch the next Pokemon)
- Any Pokemon that faints will be placed in a R.I.P. box
- All Pokemon will be nicknamed
- I reserve the right to catch 1 or 2 HM Slaves that won't be used in battle. Should they be used in battle and subsequently die, I don't have to release them (I know this makes it very easy, but this is how I play. I always have slaves and I can't even complete it properly without them anymore XD)
- HMs and TMs may be used at my own will
- Healing items may be purchased, but not used in battle
- Pokeballs may be purchased, but ONLY Pokeballs/Premier Balls. And other kinds of balls that I find in the field may be used, excluding the Master Ball
- Legendaries won't be caught, all will be beaten

Bit leniant, yes, but I'll fail otherwise :/

I'll start at some point later

Chapter Zero: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3357/nuzlockesa1.jpg
Chapter One: http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1...lockesa231.jpg
Chapter Two: http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3...zlockesa3b.jpg
Chapter Three: http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6537/nuzlockesa4.jpg

Roxanne is Ugly Betty IMO. They are just too frigging alike o-o.

EDIT: oooh, i never posted my rules XD. My rules are standard nuzlocke (fainting=death and one poke per area) + no saving (if a pokemon dies, its not fair to reset the game to save him/her)+no itens outside battle+it is prohibited to buy TMs+no legends.

EDIT2: Thanks Ballad ^_^. I'm glad you like my 'comic' XD!

2 badges atm. Doing well, only one death.

Team:
lv 19 Vortex, Marshtomp @ Soft Sand
Male, Mild
Tackle
Bide
Mudshot
Water Gun

Lv 18 Mickey, Makuhita, @ Qucik Claw
Male, Docile
Tackle
Vital Throw
Sand Attack
Arm Thrust

Lv 18 Mushy, Shroomish @ Miracle Seed
Male, Lax
Mega Drain
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

Lv 15 Zoon, Zigzagoon
Male, Serious
Tackle, Cut, Sand Attack
Headbutt

Lv 15 Elektra, Electrike
Female, Gentle
Tackle
Thunder Wave
Leer
Howl

Lv 10 Maggie, Magikarp
Female, Timid
Splash

Deaths:
Skream, Whismur
Male

Poor little guy :'( A tear shed for those lost.

Alright so, restarted Platinum nuzlocke, currently:

KIP the Piplup, just single-handedly beat my rival at level 12(?) I think, I am not sure

R.I.P

TWEET the Starly had his life cut short by an unfortunate crit while trying to train :(

ok, I'll post my next update soon(want to beat rival first). I just thought I'd post my rules, since I'm thinking of adding one that many would deem controversial

1)Obvious stuff(faint=RIP box, first encounter catch only ect.)
2)Pokemart rule-I can only buy pokeballs, only five per mart, but I CAN buy the newest kind. I mean seriously, lv 40s aren't getting caught in pokeballs.
3)No reseting to save lives. sorry POWDER...
4)(note, just added this one since I was getting a lot of repeats)if the first encounter isn't unique, then I can catch the next one

EDIT: yeah, I'll just leave that out *EDIT*

To be honest, lightsabre, it's pretty much Aeris mode on constantly. If they die, they stay dead, and no amount of crystallised phoenix piss will resurrect them, even if said crystallised phoenix piss is, as you say, wild.

The Nuzlocke Challenge is that, a challenge. Having a possibility of utilising a Pickup whore to collect usable Revives defeats the purpose of such a challenge.

I think there should be a chance to revive one member (Only if certain goals are met). Like you could sacrifice a number of Pokemon which levels add up to match the Pokemon your reviving. Or just using one revive and also getting rid of some other useful items you have, in order to get it back. Or you can revive one when you get to Mt Pyre?

Fire Red version goin down

The Adventures of DANGER! in Fire Red, whilst taking the Nuzlocke Challenge!
Healing Rules: no items (except for poison...)
Pokecenter 3x per city. Seperate log.

Day 1:
name DANGER!
rival name XERO
shrinky time!!!!
OAK says: grass = itchy
i choose you Squirtle! (QUIRKY nature -_-)
nickname Squirtle = Hot Rod
XERO picks Bulbasaur
Battle ensues!!!

Tackle vs Tackle
17/20

Tackle vs Tackle
14/20

Tackle vs Tackle
11/20

Tackle vs Tackle (CH wtf f u bulbasaur)
4/20...

Tackle and the Bulbasaur DIESZZZ
Hot Rod lvl up to 6
7/20

oops forgot talking to Mom heals. oh well free heal from gay battle....
ONTO VIRIDIAN!!!!

rattata lvl 3 appears ROUTE 1 DONE
3hko with tackle ftw
Hot Rod 23/23 HP

pidgey lvl 4 appears
Tackle vs Tackle x5 lol
lvl up to 7 + Bubble
Hot Rod 13/25 HP

receive parcel
....pidgey lvl 3 appears right before town
Hot Rod 7/25 HP...

yay +5 pokeballs/pokedex
yay + Town Map

so i talked to mom again thinking she'd give me running shoes....nope she healed me again...sorryz

rattata lvl 3 appears
3hko w/ tackle
Hot Rod 25/25 HP

Teach me your ways Old Man from Viridian!
+Teachy TV

pidgey lvl 4 appears ROUTE 2 DONE
capture with 9/18 HP and Docile nature WTF IZ DIZ SHIZ nicknamed dung cuz i knew he was shit when i saw him
Hot Rod 19/25 HP

rattata lvl 3 appears (time to lvl up Hot Rod)
lvl up to 8
Hot Rod 21/27 HP

SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE

To Be Continued....

too detailed? lemme know and i'll remove lame random battles lol (or w/e isn't necessary)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)