potion
CRITICAL HEADBUTT
potion
Switch Pokemon
PURSUIT

FUCK

I would have a Roserade by now but nooooooo
More like:

Psyduck at full health takes Headbutt with 3 health.

FLINCH!

Chimchar takes 1 hit.

FLINCH!

Shinx takes a hit. Is switched out to whore Intimidate.

PURSUIT!

Starly comes in.

Zubat comes in.

Magicarp comes in.

GAME OVER, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Well the rest are a total breeze after that. My Budew is the only Pokedude I lost to a Gym leader.
I lost everything. All I had was an Abra at level 4 (-SpA as well), a Wurmple at level 5 (Who would become a Dustox), and a level 5 Geodude. I decided against getting them all to 15-17.

Just started playing FireRed tonight. I decided to do training on the fly and only train on trainers.

My Current Team:
Saur the Ivysaur
Funky the Mankey
Butterkill the Butterfree
Aquila the Pidgey
Ze Bat the Zubat
Solid the Ekans

Went to route 32 and caught Funky the Mankey!

Just Funky and Saur leveled up during Varidain Forest.
Funky killed a Pikachu, so no capture...
Weedles in Varridian Forest Very Annoying!!
Caught Caterpie(Named Butterkill, and based on the most powerful and epic Butterfree, Ash's Butterfree) after Varidian forest!

Funky took out Geodude giving Butterkill some exprience!
Saur one-hit killed Onix!
Butterkill evolved into Metapod!

It seems I now have a new enemy. Her name is Lass Janice and her army of Pidgeys... My team barely survived that encounter.
Butterkill won his first battle. He defeated a Kakuna, a Caterpie and a Metapod. I'm so... proud of him *cries* ;_; .
He did it all by himself, proving he was a part of my team. Butterkill was Metapod at the start of the battle and at the end, a Butterfree!
DAMN YOU SPEAROW AND CALVIN!! My team had almost died, if not for Saur taking one for the team by taking a Peck and deploying leach seed!
Note: Saur did not die but only had a few HP left (No not the sauce, the OTHER HP!).
Caught Aquila the Pidgey outside Mt.Moon!

In Mt.Moon, Caught Ze Bat the Zubat.
Had a deadly battle with a Rocket Grunt. Funky barely survived and Saur learned Poison and Sleep Powder.
Aquila had a solo battle against a Lass, with her Oddish and Bellsprout, earning his place in my team.
Funky showed her prowess by defeating a team of two Geodudes and an Onix and making me and the rest of my team fear her. She's my only female pokemon at the moment.
After defeating a Rocket Grunt's 'shrew, Saur evolved to an Ivysaur.
Ze bat learned one of the most annoying moves in the game, Supersonic! And started to kick Paras butt!
After a serious and annoying Hyperfang, Funky was hurt badly.
Aquila took out SuperNerds Grimmer, Saur took out his Voltorb and ButterKill took out the Koffing!
The Helix Fossil was Obtained. ~Do-Da-Do~ ^_^

Yes... Route 4! And AIR!!
Funky was Tutored in the art of the Mega Punch.
I caught an Ekans, I named Solid!

I fear Misty. In Pokemon Red, her Starmie's Bubblebeam owned most of my Pokemon.
Now it comes to this...

- Will I defeat Misty?
- Will a Pokemon be killed?
- Who shot the Super Nerd in Mt Moon?

Find out the answer to most of these questions next time on Pokemon FireRed!

EvilBob is right, the Nuzlocke challenge makes Pokemon seem more realistic and exciting. and you get to use Pokemon that you normally wouldn't. Although, i've played FR a bunch of times, so my current team isn't too different.

I actually haven't played through my SS copy yet because I'm going to nuzlocke run it on first playthrough. (Also going to nuzlocke run my first playthrough of Black/White)

You guys are masochists. This challenge seems damn near impossible and incredibly unfun. lol.
This is the most fun I've had playing pokemon in YEARS.

I started playing on Platinum, but my flash card is broken so my run has been postponed. I'm up to the team galactic showdown. I lost Houndoom in Byron's gym and was devastated. Can't wait to finish it though.

why the hell weren't you leveled up to monferno and just punch it in the chops?
Look, I just spent half an hour training up Psyduck so that I could kill the Onixes and Geodudes. Give me a break. I INTENDED to train Chimchar, but never did, and I will make sure in my next attempt to do that.

And I'm not giving up on the Chimchar line. It's frail, but I'm going to use it damnit!

EDIT:

Unfun? Don't judge a book by it's cover, mate. It SEEMS hard on the surface, but is very doable, and it makes you care for a bunch of 1s and 0s.

It also forces you to plan. Towards my endgame in LG I had to study what I could get where and how I needed to to things to get my final team together. I got lucky with some spawns, but most of it was good planning to put me in the best position to win with the given rules.

yeah, i'm looking at the wild pokemon available in FR....and i'm sad. mostly because my main team is really solid, but i lose every new Pokemon that i catch. usually due to Raticate and Poison-type crits. :( and there is almost no variety in FR.

mattman real men use the fire starters every time. I'm having great success with my charmander in fire red.

until you get to the second gym I agree its unfun to grind all the time but after you reach the second gym you basicly need to beat every trainer to continue
Yeah I wiped at butt fucking misty 2 times with charmander and got poisoned to death like 2 times thanks to viridian forest with squirtle. I refused to take the easy route and use bulbasaur. That second gym is the key because you get more than stupid pidgey or other garbage from the start of the game like that beaver dude.

So I caught myself a snorlax...but not using it. I named it "emergency", incase I find myself lacking at the E4 and need to throw down a 6th team member. Things are coming together:

Charizard, Vileplume, Vaporeon, Haunter, Dodrio and now Pikachu (soon to be Raichu) are pulling their weight and being quite well balanced and self sustaining. I just beat koga, have to do saffron and sabrina/blaine/orange islands still...I'll make sure to do sabrina hard.

I was warned against Diamond Nuzlocke on /v/, and i've heard people on here say its impossible. But i'm in Eterna forest, with only one death (A Brave Onix, may she rest in peace, she took on Rampardos and survived, only to be killed by Team G's fat cat's critted faint attacks).
Benji evolved into Grotle, Leo evolved into Luxio and a Machop called Mike was caught just before Roark. Xena and Fiddy are boxxing it up, and I also caught a Psyduck under the Oreborbourough gate.
Now i'm in Eterna Forest with:

Benji, Grotle Level 18
Impish

Duke, Psyduck Level 8
Rash (yesss, finally a good Special Attacker)

Leo, Luxio Level 19
Lax

Bugsy, Kricketune Level 11
Quirky

Mike, Machop Level 17
Lax

Boxed:
Xena, Zubat
Fiddy, Geodude

Dead:
Roxe, Onix :'(

May aswell do an update for my Soul Silver Nuzlocke Challenge. Am up to the Pokemon League with not alot of items. I have 1 revive, 3 max revives, 5 full restores and 10 full heals. Am expecting around 3 or 4 casualties in the pkmn league. When i got to Kanto i am changing my rules to make them harder, well only actually one which will be that i cannot load when someone faints which i was allowed to do in Johto, although i still had a few deaths early on. I have 7 party members and a lv.29 beedrill which i ditched, anyway, a brief of what i can remember of my party.

Togetic lv.38ish
Kingler lv.41
Jumpluff lv.41 (absolutely awesome.)
Machamp lv.36ish
Typhlosion lv.36ish
Raticate lv.38ish
Hypno lv.38ish (was awesome, but was used less once i got Jumpluff)

The one i wont take into the pkmn league will probably be togetic.

Btw peoples, where is the best place to train before the Pokemon league in johto? There must be something better than victory road... but it could be worse.

I just recently got HeartGold and I was planning on doing the Nuzlocke challenge for it. I was wondering which starter should I go for. I'm not sure whether I should go for Totodile for notstalga reasons (In the original Pokemon Silver, I chose it as my first pokemon on my first run of the game) or Cyndaquil (Due to the lack of good fire pokemon!). Any advice?

Just wondering, what are your opinions on catching non-first encounter Pokemon for getting items like EXP Share? Do you think that it's ok if you release said Pokemon ASAP, or should you not do it at all? I'm interested in this, because I think that it'd be ok to do.

Just wondering, what are your opinions on catching non-first encounter Pokemon for getting items like EXP Share? Do you think that it's ok if you release said Pokemon ASAP, or should you not do it at all? I'm interested in this, because I think that it'd be ok to do.
If you are referring to getting the red scale from the Red Gyarados then do not, in fact, need to catch it. Killing it will also grant you the red scale to give to the crazy old man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)