Nuzlocke Challenge

Yeah, on my previous run, May's Grovyle cut through my team like a hot knife through butter. Thank goodness there isn't a Grass Gym for Mudkip users!

I'm sooo going to do this on my brother's Soul Silver Version. I just have to delete his saved file. :D

Edit: I got lucky and saw Sentret and Weedle first in their routes. Yay me!
Edit 2: Sentret was an epic fail. Fainted right after it was caught.
Edit 3: Epic win! First poke to see in Route 32: Mareep. :)

Blacked out at Wattson's Manectric. :( I thought three level 25s would be enough, but his friggin' super potions and a lucky crit that killed my Lombre did me in.

I need citrus berries. Can you get those early in the game? Oran doesn't cut it.

Guess I'm starting over...

Current events:

-Started New Game, picked a girl, named her Misty
-Saved prof. Birch using Torchic, nicknamed Rocky
-Went to Oldale Town, Rocky learned Focus Energy
-Leveled Rocky to lvl 7, beaten Brendan. No pokémon encountered on route 104
-Got the pokedex
-Caught a Wingull on 103, forgot to Nickname it... =S Wait till Slateport
-Caught a Zigzagoon (Manfred) east of Oldale
-Caught a Poochyena on 104, named Aragon
-Grinded Wingull, Manfred & Rocky to 9
-Helped Wally

Next up:
Grinding Time
Get through Forest (I want a Shroomish!)

Team:
Rocky (Torchic) Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy
Wingull (Wingull) Water Gun, growl, Supersonic
Manfred (Zigzagoon) Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Headbutt
Aragon (Poochyena) Tackle

I am starting this on an emulator with emerald version here are my extra rules:
Limited 10 items from Pokecentre excluding pokeballs
Allowed to catch pokemon from routes before pokeballs are available
Duplicate pokemon are not allowed
Berries cannot be grown

So I decided to start with mudkip because swampert is such a beast ingame

I decided to go with a boy and I named him spider
I got a Mudkip and named him Spiderbro Its female :P
I caught a Wurmple, but forgot to name it
I caught a Lotad, and named him Leafbro
Wurple Evolved into Cascoon (YAY!)
Wingull was caught (so many water pokemon >.>)
Caught Poochyena
Cascoon Evolved into Dustox!
Caught a Marill with HUGE POWER!!!!!

I came up with a name for my story; Two Hearts under the same Silver Moon

Part Two

A glint from Hinoarashi eye erupted from its cornea and blinded the Hoothoot, making it harder to see the moves Hinoarashi was preparing. Bam! The Hoothoot thrust its body into Hinoarashi with dashing speed.
“Use tackle, quick!” I scream, Hinoarashi obeys my command and pounces at the Hoothoot. The owl slams against a tree and faints from intense beatings. Hinoarashi resumes the stand-down position and we continue down the pathway.
We arrived in Cherrygrove city, haven only defeated one Pokémon. It was pretty pathetic, but we weren’t concerned. And as if I’d have enough people stop me on my way through towns, some old man comes up to me and is like, “You’re a rookie Trainer, aren’t you? I can tell!” He must have thought I was offended or something because he was like ‘that’s okay! Everyone is a rookie at some point!’
“Um, thanks for the criticism, why don’t you bug off? I have a quest…”
“If you’d like, I can teach you a few things.”
“I’m good, really,”
“OK, then! Follow me!” Then the geezer takes off running, then comes whooshing back, “Ohh… I’m sorry. I forgot that you weren’t wearing the Running Shoes! I’ll try to go as slow as possible, so try keeping up!” I decided that it would just have to be one of those things where if I tried to run, they’d pull me back into their trap and have their whole conversation all over again, or if I just didn’t do anything at all, I couldn’t move any further into the completion of my quest. So, I trotted behind the old man as he described the uses of the Pokémon Center, what the Pokémon Mart was and what kind of useful items were sold, he showed me Route 30, he showed me the sea and told me about Pokémon that were only caught in the water and then we arrived at his house which he announced so proudly.
“It’s my house!” He exclaimed.
“Yay…” I mumbled, not exactly thrilled. The man ran inside, then came back out with a box, “For your effort keeping up with me, I’ll give you my Running Shoes!” I stared at the man, “They’re still warm!” He offered. I held up my hands in disgust, “I’m good!” I announced.
“Got you, didn’t I?” He laughed, “Don’t worry, these are brand new!” So he just keeps new shoes in his house just in case he comes across a rookie trainer that happens to have the right shoe size? Huh. I kicked off my old converse and put on the new running shoes. They were pretty cool and fit well, but, I didn’t really need fancy shoes.
I decided to get on my way to Mr. Pokémon’s house. However, as if I tripped a wire every time I pass through or enter a town, the old man runs up to me huffing and panting, “I made it,” He panted, “I forgot about one thing. This is another token from me! Take it.” It was a card that you insert in your Pokégear so theres a map inside.
“The Pokégear becomes more useful as you add more Cards,” The man said, “I wish you luck on your journey!”
“Wait! How did you know…? Never mind,” I grumbled and continued down route 30.
While walking down the Route, I came across someone’s house. I figured it to be Mr. Pokémon’s house so, I opened the door and talked to the man.
“People usually come to my house looking for Mr. Pokémon’s house. You did mean to visit my house, right?”
“No, not really,” I said, “But you have a nice place for a one room house.”
“How kind of you! Do you…have any Apricorns?”
“What?”
“Apricorn trees bear fruit once a day. I have one of those trees, too! Apricorns are really something. You can make Poké balls and other things. They are quite useful.” I nod my head and shift my weight. This is a pretty awkward time for me. Walking into someone’s house and then he starts talking about the kinds of things you can use Apricorns for…it’s all very odd.
“Well…I better get going because—”
“I have a feeling this is meant to be. I’m so happy that I’ll give you this!” I scream not knowing what exactly he’s going to do. When I open my eyes, he’s handing me a genuine Apricorn Box.
“Erm thanks,” I say putting it in my bag.
“With that Apricorn Box, you can carry so many Apricorns. You’ll be a decent Apricorn collector!”
“…Great.” I mutter and trot out the door.
Since he mentioned an Apricorn tree growing right outside his house, I decided to take the one growing from it. It was green.
Continuing down the path, there was a small plateau in my way, so, I had to take the long way, of course since I'm too lazy to climb up the lump in the road. On our way, we battled a Rattata, we won, and Hinoarashi learned how to create a smokescreen. It was all very exciting. Smokescreen came in handy when we battled our next Rattata.

When we finally arrived at Mr. Pokémon’s house, a man ran up to me and greeted me with, “You must be Momotsu,” He said it in a way like I was being welcomed into some kind of secret meeting and some of my fellow compadres had recommended me as some kind of expert on something, or something.
“It was I who sent an email to Professor Elm earlier,” This only proves my point more. The man sits us down at the table and then goes to retrieve something from a case.
“This is what I want Professor Elm to examine,” He says handing me the object. It appears to be some kind of egg.
“We call it the Mystery Egg,”

I edited a bit more, leaving out some details that really only took up space. Enjoy.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm seriously considering doing this, using modified rules. Any opinion on wheter I should do it in Diamond or SoulSilver?
SoulSilver. It's a lot harder to get pokeballs in Diamond, although I nearly lost my challenge to Whitney, but I made it though without losing anyone.

I have just started a Nuzlocke run on Pearl, and I will either be writing it here or blogging it, in which case I will post a link. I will be buying pokeballs though, F that.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There are 3v3 battles in B/W, call the third one Pokemon Clusterfuck Version. Time for:
Detroitlolcat's Leafgreen Nuzlocke Challenge?
Part 8: A Team of Six

Holding back tears, Lolcat asks the good Nurse to heal his Pokemon. Well, not all of them, as Kitteh died of poisoning just one day ago.
"I need to give Kitteh a proper burial, not some meaningless headstone in Pokemon Tower...Cerulean Cape seems like a good place." said Lolcat.
Lolcat leaves the Pokemon Center and walks to the north exit of Cerulean City. There, he sees the long bridge to Cerulean Cape, but the minute he takes his first step out of the city, he hears a familiar voice...
"Yo! Lolcat!".
It was his rival, Fail. Just great.
"You're still struggling along back here? I'm doing great! I caught a bunch of new and smart Pokemon! Here, let me see what you caught, Lolcat!"
Damn. No Kitteh to kill Fail's team. Fail sends out a Pidgeotto to match Lolcat's Pikachu. The battle starts with Pidgeotto's Quick Attack, and Bolt mattches it with a Thundershock. Quick Attack sends Pikachu into the low yellow, but Static paralyzes it and Pidgeotto dies to a critical Thundershock. Next was Rattata. Crap. It's Pokemon like this that Lolcat uses Kitteh for. Well, the only switches are to Rattata or Butterfree. Bugsy the Butterfree can take a hit better so Lolcat switches it in. Bugsy eats THREE quick attacks before launching a Sleep Powder and finishing it off with two Confusions. Next was Abra, the Useless Pokemon. It died to three Tackles before falling. "Ok, time to get serious! Go, BulbasWHORE!" Well, this was it. Bugsy in one corner, Bulbasaur in the other. Bugsy uses Confusion, and Bulbasaur ends up in the low green HP. Then, Bulbasaur launched a sleep Powder. Bugsy's sawing logs, and only has 13 HP left...Bulbasaur used Vine Whip. 12 HP. One more Vine Whip. 11 HP. Fail. Another Vine Whip. 10 HP. Yet another Vine Whip. 9 HP. Vine Whip. 8 HP. Confusion. Bulbasaur died.

Lolcat emerges victorious over his rival, and didn't lose a single Pokemon. Fail talks about his F*ck-buddy Bill and hands over a Fame Checker, the most USELESS key item in the game. I don't care if some random dude said Mr. Fuji likes Pokemon or something, okay! Damn Fame Checker...[/rant]. Time to get down to business. Lolcat hits the Pokemon Center to heal his tired Pokemon, and then goes to the Bridge. Also, what the hell, THERE'S NO WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE, THERE'S LAND! WHY DO YOU NEED A BRIDGE??? SO MY F**KING FEET DON'T GET TIRED OR SOMETHING? WTH?[/rant]. Lolcat meets a Bug catcher,who tells him about the Nugget Bridge and how you can win a "fabulous prize" if you beat five trainers. Lolcat then killed the Catcher's Pokemon and threw them off the bridge while laughing hysterically as the Trainer cried. The second Trainer was some Lass with a dude's name. Rattata killed them without taking any damage. Then Bugsy cleaned up. Bolt and Rattata whipped the third guy. Bolt REALLY needs to evolve. Fourth Trainer. First was a Nidoran Male. Easy pickings. Next, Nidoran Female. Lolcat sends out Rattata. Rattata and the Nidoran exchange attacks, and then, as its last move. Nidoran used

POISON STING
And you can guess if it poisoned Rattata or not. Rattata has 10 HP. Lolcat needs to get to the Pokemon Center damn fast.

(HP Count)

Lolcat runs south, towards the Center

Lolcat steps off of the bridge

Lolcat enters Cerulean City

Lolcat enters the Pokemon Center

Will Lolcat have to release another Pokemon?

That question will be answered...

Right Now.

Rattata made it. One HP. w00t.

Back to the bridge. That was anticlimactic.

Trainer Number Five. Some guy with a Mankey. Thunddershock + Confusion = Dead.

Lolcat returns to the Center and then confronts the trainer at the end of the bridge. The guy at teh end of the bridge gave Lolcat a Nugget, worth absolutely nothing in a no-item challenge...
"By the way, how would you like to join TEAM ROCKET? We're a group of professional criminals (great advertising there, if Lolcat had a phone he would SO turn in that guy's ass...) specializing in Pokemon! Want to Join?"
"Piss off," said Lolcat.
"Are you sure?" Said the Trainer.
"Yes. Piss off." said Lolcat
"Come on, join us"
"Piss the hell off"
"I'm telling you to join!"
"Off you shall piss!"
"Okay, you need convincing"

Lolcat proceeded to kick his ass with Bolt, killer of Zubats.
After healing his Pokemon for the millionth time, Lolcat headed across the bridge, where he can finally catch another (2) Pokemon. Proceeding north, Lolcat finds a TM for Attract, but doesn't need it. Lolcat is always using attract. And it's super effective. The first Pokemon of Route 25 is...

Dammit. Weedle Sucks, but Twinneedle can kill Starmies...eh, Lolcat caught it. Lolcat named it Pothead because it's a WEEDle. Pothead got some free EXP and became a Kakuna and Lolcat caught a Bellsprout. Lolcat named it Pi-Face to remind him of the greatest DS game ever, The World Ends With You.
[rant]
Seriously. Go buy it. Now. I'm Serious. NOW. Are you still reading this? Get your ass in a Gamestop and get on your knees and BEG for The World Ends With You. It's really good. Great story, amazing battle system. And plot twists. Don't get me STARTED on the plot twists. And the characters are awesome. I mean AWESOME. And have you ever heard of sidequests? Not until you've played The World Ends With You, man. Back to the battle system. You use BOTH SCREENS. At ONCE. It's kinda hard, but you get used to it. And the ending. It's INCREDIBLE. I won't spoil it, but you NEED TO SEE IT. NOW.
[/rant]
Back to Pokemon:
Lolcat trained Pothead and Pi-Face (you know which game to buy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) and eventually said that it's now the

END OF PART 8

Team Report:

ALIVE
Rattata Lv. 17
Butterfree Lv. 17
Pikachu Lv. 17
Bellsprout Lv. 12
Kakuna Lv. 9
Magikarp Lv. 5
BOXED:
None
DEAD:
Wartortle Lv. 19

PS: I was thinking of making this into a fanfic and posting a link to it in my sig. Any interest (if people actually read it)?

Yay, my emulator file was corrupted so I had to redo New Mauville, and I got a Mild Magneton. Named it Percy.

@lolcat: Yeah, you should. Your style is quite random and cute, and generally good for the Smogon community.

@lolcat - I would definitely read it. I enjoy reading your Nuzlocke challenge. I'm sorry to hear about your Wartortle though. It's great that you continued on, while others would have given up after losing their starter!

Well, I've decided to do a Nuzlocke challenge in my HeartGold, since I just finished my No Evolution challenge that I got from Pokecommunity. I'll have regular uploads since it is summer after all. So, here are my rules:

- If a pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released (if my starter dies I'm boxing it for future use/it's a starter).
- No items WHATSOEVER.
- The player may only catch the first pokemon the encounter in a certain route/area/cave/town.
- No legendaries.
- If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
- You must nickname your pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.
- Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokemon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.
- If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough shit.
- Only two Pokemon Center use per town, as I have found one use to be too hard in the early stages of the game when all you have is Tackle to use to grind with

Yeah, I prefer R/S/E because the story is better and the gyms are easier. The champion is also easier (for Emerald especially). Also, in Emerald, there is the epic Steven battle after the Elite 4 in Meteor Falls.

This is what was decided on difficulty for each Nuzlocke run of each game.

FR/LG = easiest
Emerald = most popular
Ruby/Sapphire + Platinum = most enjoyable
Diamond/Pearl = hardest by far
Gold/Silver/Crystal = the ones with the hardest losses
So I would recommend any Generation III games or Platinum!

UPDATES!!!

ON TEAM :
Goku the Infernape!
Vui the MVP Umbreon!
Daisy the soon-to-be DDGyara!
Squishoo the squishy Tentacruel!
Frappucino the slutbunni... I mean Lopunny!
And the last but the biggest of them all... Big Daddy the Tropius!

BOXED :
Freedom the Togepi. I promise once I get that riolu egg I'll train you both.
2 Ponytas
Bobby the fat glutton... I mean Likitung
F for fucking useless Unown

DECEASED :
Flamme the Ponyta
Derp the Bibarel... never got the chance to be a HM Slave...
Vega the Staravia... He would've become a great staraptor...
Ms Craggy the Geodude... killed by magnitude, her own weapon...
Queen the Goldeen... only lasted 3 battles...
Leon the Luxio... died just before Pastoria Gym... fuck crits...

AND THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES...

Back after bubble-beaming, surfing, aqua-tailing, and close-combating tons of gravelers in Iron Island, Van got back to Canalave. His starter, Goku, has finally evolved into Infernape. "Steel type Gym eh..." Van said silently to himself as he looked up towards the tall building that is the Canalave Gym (hey it has 4 levels... it must be tall..) "No problem right, Goku, Daisy, Squishoo?" he said as he held the three pokemons' pokeballs. And with that, he confidently stepped inside.

Once inside, it was a massacre. Goku one-hitting everything he saw with close combat and flame wheel, Daisy rampaging with Aqua Tail, and giant waves risen by Squishoo's Surfing. The whole gym went down in no time...

A few minutes later, Van was at the top level, staring against Byron...
"I see... you must be the guy who defeated my son."

"Who was your son again?" Van said lazily.
"Roark, the rock type leader..."

Van laughed maniacally. "Ahahah... that weakling. He never stood a chance... And I bet his father is not any better as well." he said as he grinned evilly.

Byron kept his cool. "We shall see in battle..." as he threw his first pokeball... "GO, MAGNETON, WIPE THAT SMILE FROM HIS FACE"

Van's creepy psychopathic grin only grew wider. "GO GOKU! KILL THAT THREE HEADED ABOMINATION!"

Goku used Close Combat!
Goku ran towards the Magneton, faster than it was able to react. Within seconds, Goku punched the clump of Magnemites mercilessly, denting the steel spheres with flaming hot fists everywhere. As the exterior melts, Goku landed a finishing punch into the core, utterly destroying one of the heads and cracking the other two, killing the trio. The sparks on the magnets slowly died down as Goku finished his attack. The only thing remaining from the Magneton was two cracked steel spheres with hollow eyes... and a pool of liquid on the floor from the exploded third head...

"NO! MAGNETON! YOU MUST PAY!" Byron yelled as his first pokemon went down in one attack. "You won't be killing this one... GO STEELIX!"

Van chuckled. "Strong physically it may be..." he said as he ordered Goku back into his ball. "But frail specially it is... GO SQUISHOO!"

Steelix used Sandstorm!
Squishoo used Surf... A gigantic wave was summoned by the poisonous jellyfish, crushing the Steelix with tremendous force. Steelix attempted in vain not to drown in the water... but he was too heavy... But he managed to hold on until the end of the attack and survived. His coat was heavily dented by the crushing force of the wave, but he survived nonetheless...

Byron smiled... "A steelix can take more than that... now... EARTHQUAKE!"

Steelix used Earthquake! IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
As the Steelix forced the earth underneath him to shake with tremendous force, Squishoo tumbled here and there. Slowly, the tumbling got faster and faster, until finally she was flinged towards a wall with crushing speed. The damage from all the tumbling towards the hard floor was bad enough, but this? Squishoo was utterly crushed. Unmoving... she fell to the bottom of the gym...
Squishoo is now in critical condition!

Byron smirked, butVan only laughed. "You think my jellyfish is finished? You're wrong... SQUISHOO! KILL THAT FUCKER!"

Slowly, water started to flood the gym. Byron looked confused as the water level rised towards the highest platform, the place where they were standing. Then, suddenly, from behind Van, Squishoo appeared. Angered by the previous attack, the jellyfish called upon an even larger wave than before...

Squishoo used Surf! It's Super Effective! IT'S A CRITICAL HIT!

Without doubt, the wave hit the steelix with massive force, and at the end of the attack, the descending wave forcefully pulled Steelix with it, drowning the poor iron snake... forever...

"THAT'S IT KID!" Byron shouted in rage as his second pokemon was mercilessly murdered. "THAT JELLYFISH ABOMINATION IS WEAKENED! NOW, GO MY LAST POKEMON!"

Byron sent out Bastiodon!

"You sure about that?" Van said that sentence with exaggerated confidence. "You're wasting my time... rock steel type..." he said as he switched back to Goku. "You're finished. CLOSE COMBAT!"

Bastiodon used Iron Defense!
Goku used Close Combat!
Once again, Goku rushed towards the enemy pokemon, nesting tens of flaming hot fists within seconds. Even with Bastiodon's increased defense, It didn't take long before Goku broke through the "shield" on his head. Then, a shattering punch to the skull. Goku's fist basically broke through the Bastiodon's head, crushing his brain inside. Dead.

"Boom, headshot." Van said in victory. Byron fell onto his knees. "How... how could you..." he said as tears started to flow from his eyes... "I... I thought you are one of us...". "Being one of you doesn't mean my methods are the same... now I'll take the badge." Van said as he grabbed one of the badges from Byron's coat, leaving the poor gym leader weeping upon the corpses of his dead partners...

NEXT CHAPTER : PIXIE TORTURE 0.o

sooo... I decided to put a bit more details... in a darker and edgier style... is this better?

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
To Little Battler:

I am a certified lazer user.

HYPER BEAM, CHARGE BEAM, ZAP CANNON, ICE BEAM, TRI ATTACK, FOCUS BLAST, AURA SPHERE, HYDRO PUMP, FLASH CANNON, SOLARBEAM, HYDRO CANNON, AURORA BEAM, PSYBEAM!!! did I miss anything?

Dragon Pulse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)