Move Nuzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type:

Category:

Description:
The user attacks by nuzzling its electrified cheeks against the target. This also leaves the target with paralysis.
Effect: Does Physical damage to a Pokemon. Will always result in Paralysis.

Notable Users:
Pichu Family.
Emolga.
Dedenne.
Plusle and Minun.
Pachirisu.

So yeah, essentially a straight upgrade of Thunder Wave that also damages foes; any thoughts?

It is a 30 bp move after stab... I don't really see it being anything special besides in LC or the other lower tiers.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
I think the move is cool, and probably better than Thunder Wave, but it's just the distribution kills any use. Pretty much anything on that list wont be used much at all, anywhere, unless something changes, even in NU

It really depends on who is getting it. If it's only the electric mice, unfortunately it isn't going to be seen a lot in the common meta. BUT, if it's a choice between Thunder Wave and Nuzzle on a particular moveset, I think it would be foolhardy to go with Thunder Wave over it. It would bypass taunt since it is an attack, already making it more useful than Thunder Wave.

Greninja'd by a lot of people, I know.

I think Dedenne and Raichu are the best Electric Mice users of Nuzzle, it's just that they're not the overall best users of Nuzzle; unless Nuzzle is only available too them, then yeah.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I'm not surprised that only the Pika-clones get this move, and because of that Nuzzle isn't going to be a very relevant move. It deals a tiny bit of damage to break focus sashers and isn't blocked by taunt... but who would bother taunting a Pikachu anyway?

The downsides are it's a direct contact move, so Ferrothorn will laugh if you use it, and so will Gooey Goodra.

Anyone know if Plusle/Minun get this naturally or through breeding? I haven't run into a wild one in-game. Serebii said 20 BP but someone in here said 30 BP. Still piss-poor power but its something.

Anyone know if Plusle/Minun get this naturally or through breeding? I haven't run into a wild one in-game. Serebii said 20 BP but someone in here said 30 BP. Still piss-poor power but its something.
That's factoring STAB. And I doubt it's breeding, having raised a Pikachu up to the Thunder point it seems that's the only new move (AND THEY PUSHED EVERYTHING ELSE UP, MAKING PIKACHU WORSE INGAME DAFUQ GAMEFREAK)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One could always try breeding them with Electrike or Mareep and see if something hooks, but since the move description involves cheeks, odds are this will strictly be a Pikachu & Co exclusive. Pity.

One could always try breeding them with Electrike or Mareep and see if something hooks, but since the move description involves cheeks, odds are this will strictly be a Pikachu & Co exclusive. Pity.
At least Pikachu and Raichu are decent in NU/RU, for what it's worth.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pikachu's only purpose is to hit fast and hard in a Light Ball induced rage, so running a utility move on it would be straight-up silly. Raichu has more potential using it though, but Ampharos would love to run something like this.

Either way, Thunder Wave is much more available, so even though Nuzzle is superior, its existence will hardly shake anything up.

I've been running nuzzle on my static raichu holding leftovers. Seems really good. Full move set: nuzzle, protect, electoball, (last move floats)

i feel that a raichu combo with Atk/252 spd/252 using a nuzzle to massively lower speed and then whack them with a powerful electro ball might work in NU as a sash counter. if the paralysis effect causes them to be unable to move then that will essentially give you a free KO

i like how all of the pokemon listed under "notable users" are all bad pokemon that can't use the move well anyways =/ (aka nothing is a notable user lol)

this is obviously a good move, as it's a slight improvement over an already solid move: thunder wave. i would not suddenly use nuzzle on any of those electric-type pokemon when they did not even use thunder wave before, because it's a very small improvement, especially because thunder wave is easier to block in this gen now that all electric-types are immune to it.

i like how all of the pokemon listed under "notable users" are all bad pokemon that can't use the move well anyways =/ (aka nothing is a notable user lol)

this is obviously a good move, as it's a slight improvement over an already solid move: thunder wave. i would not suddenly use nuzzle on any of those electric-type pokemon when they did not even use thunder wave before, because it's a very small improvement, especially because thunder wave is easier to block in this gen now that all electric-types are immune to it.
Although in the lower tiers, this could be a perfect sash killer when combined w/ electro ball.

It would also (if the user was sashed) be good for helping get rid of enemy sweepers and tanks.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Although in the lower tiers, this could be a perfect sash killer when combined w/ electro ball.

It would also (if the user was sashed) be good for helping get rid of enemy sweepers and tanks.
All these users are terrible in NU as well, don't think lower tiers are just some kind of joke, they're competetive metagames too ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)