SM OU Offensive OU Team.

Hey. So pretty much I've been looking to get into OU the rest of my teams (which are amazing) aren't mine so I've decided today to change that and make my own team so I present today the team I made.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
My Bisharp can be used in a few ways and I will explain all of them. First you can set up with Swords Dance and use a Brick Break, Stone Edge to end them for sure but probably before you can you might get messed up by fire types. To counter this you could send Bisharp in first to do a quick Sucker Punch which will mess up pokemon such as Ferrothorn. It defiantly relies on its attack and speed so I decided to focus on those two ivs as a pokemon like Bisharp with lots of weaknesses needs to end an encounter quite fast so I made mine equipped for that.

Ridley (Aerodactyl-Mega) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost

Now for my Aerodactyl-Mega he counters quite a lot of Pokemon all of these are Flying, Ice Fire, Bug, Grass and Water. If you can get a Pursuit off it can do massive damage just like a lot of Pokemon I have in this team I equip it with attack/special attack and speed my reason for this is on Aerodactyl-Mega is that it counters a lot of Pokemon but sadly a lot of Pokemon counter it so it will need to be equipped with speed and high amounts of damage. You usually will not need to rely on these so much considering this beast has Roost.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

My Landorus-Therian is the defog Pokemon of this team as Spikes and Stealth Rocks can be really annoying. This Pokemon is equipped with a Choice Scarf as I feel that is probably the best item to use on Landorus-Therian as it pretty much only holds damaging moves without effects such as Earthquake and Stone Edge. Knowing this you have to play quite strategically with your Defog and if you have to risk this Pokemon's life to get rid of those Stealth Rocks so be it that is how Pokemon works my friends.

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

Now for my Victini my Victini has quite a diverse arsenal to counter most Pokemon using a combination of Psychic, Fire and Fighting also on my Victini I have a Normalium-Z as well as Celebrate if you do not know what this does it boosts every stat (apart from accuracy and evasion) so its pretty much an Eevee Z-Move but worse but on a Pokemon that can use it well. Victini is not the most tankiest Pokemon and will probably get messed up by Mega-Swampert and Mega-Blastoise as I have seen those two used alot.

Drapion (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit

Now I would like to introduce to you my Drapion the fairy counter this Pokemon focuses on dealing a lot of damage to Fairy types such as Gardevoir, Mawile, Mimikyu and Clefable. I have always loved Drapion across the years for its diverse move set and different uses; this is my Knock Off Pokemon so it can help you against Pokemon who rely on items it is also a good move for damage. The ideal way to use him is to set up with Swords Dance and then Poison Jab but you can actually play Drapion in a lot of different ways.

Kermit (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Finally my Battle Bond Greninja you've all seen one before but I'll explain how mine works because mine is a little different. You can use this as your lead to set down your annoying Spikes onto the battlefield but then again it could be a last choice to counter and beat that one annoying pokemon. If you think you're lucky enough give this Greninja a try as sometimes Hydro Pump will miss, Dark Pulse won't always flinch and Water Shuriken won't always shoot 5 times (if you wanna be safe spam Dark Pulse lul).

And so that's my team make sure to help me with it and tell me your improvements you would make. Thank you!

Last edited:

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Right, let's start with the obvious: this team is EXCRUCIATINGLY weak to opposing AshGren. Every single Pokémon will get OHKO'd (or, in your Gren's case, 2HKO'd) by a Hydro Pump before it even transforms, so you'd basically have to bank on a miss. You do have ways of outspeeding it - Aerodactyl and Scarf Lando outspeed it naturally, Victini outspeeds after the Z-Celebrate boost, and your own Gren could win a speed tie - but all of them except Gren can be played around with Water Shuriken. Accounting for the big threats of any tier (by looking at the viability rankings or the usage percentages) is always important when teambuilding, and it seems like you didn't really do that. AshGren is S-rank viability in OU and was the third most common Pokémon in the OU tier for the month of August, so you're doing yourself a disservice by not having reliable answers to it. Those answers are sadly quite limited for such a fully offensive team as this, but Kommo-o is a very easy one to recommend. Its Dragon/Fighting type combo enables it to resist both of Greninja's dual STAB types and do some good damage in return. The first set in that link provides you with the all-important entry hazard in Stealth Rock (which is something you currently lack) as well as a powerful exclusive Z-move. The second set is not as useful to you, but it can also act as a potent late-game cleaner once its checks have been weakened. Mega Gyarados, Bulu, Azu, and Keldeo are all other examples of Pokémon that can take Gren's attacks fairly well, though Bulu setting up terrain doesn't really mix well with Lando and its EQ.

The Bisharp set is also…let's say problematic. Life Orb is not a favorable item for Bisharp, as it severely limits its offensive potential due to the steady recoil. Black Glasses or Expert Belt would be much more worth your time. The attacking moves also need a lot of adjusting; Sucker Punch should stay on, but Brick Break and Stone Edge should be replaced with Iron Head and Knock Off. Sucker Punch as your only STAB move is a major problem, since you won't even get to hit them with it if they use a non-attacking move. This set is much better. Also, Sucker Punch absolutely does not "mess up" Ferrothorn. Without a Swords Dance boost it's only a 3HKO, and Ferrothorn can easily wear you down with Life Orb and Leech Seed damage while recovering its own HP.

Lastly, DRAPION IS NOT A FAIRY COUNTER. Dark is weak to Fairy, so it will take neutral damage from any Fairy attacks. Your EV spread doesn't help it in the slightest, since most Fairy-types in the tier have a way of 2HKOing it with little risk to themselves. Alolan Muk has the same type combo as Drapion, but due to its better bulk plus an Assault Vest, it is much more suited to being a "Fairy counter" (though you should not use it on this team, as it's far too passive and slow compared to everything else you have). If you want a REAL Fairy counter, though, you need a Steel-type that isn't Bisharp. Kartana, Magearna, Celesteela, and Heatran are just a few examples of Pokémon that are much MUCH better at dealing with Fairies than Drapion. I also find it pretty funny that one of the Fairies you mentioned it beating (Mawile) actually hard walls it, since Steel is immune to Poison.

I'm just gonna get right to it.

Firstly, your Bisharp set doesn't work too well. The moves stone edge and brick break should be replaced with iron head and knock off, as they are both stab and never miss unlike stone edge. Also, I would recommend changing the item to Black Glasses to further improve the power of its Dark Stab moves.
Next, you seem to lack a stealth rocker, which is a no-go unfortunately. You could put it on Aero, or put it on another mon that I will mention shortly.
Another thing I have Noticed is that your team doesn't really have much of an answer to water types such as Ash Greninja, Mega Swampert, or Manaphy. Sure, your ash gren resists it, but it is far from bulky, and easily gets 2hko'd by either of them.
Finally, Drapion is not a very good answer to fairies, since it doesn't even resist them. A better Resist to fairies could be ferrothorn for example, Who can also play the role of your defensive steel type, and your stealth rocker.
That's about it.

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I'm just gonna get right to it.

Firstly, your Bisharp set doesn't work too well. The moves stone edge and brick break should be replaced with iron head and knock off, as they are both stab and never miss unlike stone edge. Also, I would recommend changing the item to Black Glasses to further improve the power of its Dark Stab moves.
Next, you seem to lack a stealth rocker, which is a no-go unfortunately. You could put it on Aero, or put it on another mon that I will mention shortly.
Another thing I have Noticed is that your team doesn't really have much of an answer to water types such as Ash Greninja, Mega Swampert, or Manaphy. Sure, your ash gren resists it, but it is far from bulky, and easily gets 2hko'd by either of them.
Finally, Drapion is not a very good answer to fairies, since it doesn't even resist them. A better Resist to fairies could be ferrothorn for example, Who can also play the role of your defensive steel type, and your stealth rocker.
That's about it.
Hey uhh I’d appreciate if you didn’t rewrite my analyses every time I post them if it’s all the same to you. This is the second time this week where you’ve posted a response that’s more or less exactly what I wrote after I’ve already posted it...
If you’re actually not noticing them then no harm no foul, but it seems suspiciously similar to mine.

ScalchopFren made some good suggestions, but I noticed that the team had the makings of a hazard-stack team, so I built from there.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Scalchop has already explained why this set is good, but Bisharp's Defiant ability makes it a great fit on a hazard-stack team. If you think your opponent is going to Defog your hazards away, switch into Bisharp, and you'll get a free +2 Attack boost.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid / Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect / Diamond Storm

Mega Aerodactyl could have worked as a Stealth Rocker, but I decided to change it to Mega Diancie mainly to allow for SOME hazard control. Fairy/Ground is already great coverage (in particular hitting Heatran, as well as Excadrill outside of sand), so you can maybe get away with Protect, which allows you to Mega Evolve safely in the face of Pokemon like Landorus and Ash Greninja, who can normally scare Diancie away and set hazards on the switch. However, Diamond Storm is still good for hitting Mega Charizard Y, who wrecks your team pretty hard otherwise.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

The team was looking very weak to Ground and Ash Greninja (and Water in general), so I made a pretty drastic change and replaced Landorus with Tapu Bulu. Not only does it resist Ground and Water, but its Grassy Terrain helps protect its team mates from Earthquakes. To quote the OU analysis that I got the set from, "the HP investment allows Tapu Bulu to always avoid a 2HKO from Ash-Greninja prior to transformation after Stealth Rock. Meanwhile, the Speed investment allows Tapu Bulu to get the jump on the likes of Tyranitar and Crawdaunt. The remainder of EVs are pooled into Attack."

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast

Victini wasn't necessarily a bad choice, but it accentuated the team's Ash Greninja weakness, and it didn't benefit as much from hazard stacking as Magearna. Thanks to Soul-Heart, Magearna will get a Special Attack boost even if the opponent sacrifices a low-HP mon to the hazards to get a clean switch. I went with HP Fire over Focus Blast since Greninja and Diancie sort of already had Heatran covered, and I'd rather not miss against Ferrothorn or Kartana. It also hits Scizor harder, which is nice.

Drapion @ Focus Sash / Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Taunt / Fire Fang / Stomping Tantrum / Swords Dance

This mon played a big part in inspiring the hazard stack idea, and it seems to be one of your favorites, so even though it isn't usually a great Pokemon, I tried to make it work. Toxic Spikes is what makes this Pokemon valuable to the team. Taunt is useful for preventing slower Defoggers like Rotom-Wash and Tapu Fini from removing your hazards, as well as preventing slower hazard setters like Ferrothorn and Skarmory from setting up their hazards (remember, this team can't remove hazards once they're set), and generally messing with passive Pokemon like Chansey and Toxapex. Fire Fang and Stomping Tantrum provide additional coverage against Steels (Stomping Tantrum is chosen over Earthquake as to not be weakened by Grassy Terrain, also it OHKOs Heatran if it switches into a Poison Jab). Finally, Swords Dance lets Drapion try to act as a wallbreaker once its job of setting Toxic Spikes is done.

However, I also looked into other offensive Pokemon that could set up Toxic Spikes.

Nihilego @ Focus Sash / Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Nihilego is pretty fast, has Knock Off for utility, and its ability lets it abuse a team weakened by hazards, though not to the same degree as Magearna. Unfortunately, its coverage is pretty bad. It also revenge kills Mega Zard Y, which as noted previously, is very scary for this team.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Hits stuff really f***ing hard. It does have access to Taunt, but you're probably better off throwing out attacks.

Roserade @ Focus Sash / Black Sludge / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / [Ground]

Its Grass typing and good special bulk help to further alleviate the Ash Greninja matchup.

Ash Gren is fine the way it is. I'd just like to point out that once he transforms, Water Shuriken will always hit three times, so there's no luck involved there.

Hey uhh I’d appreciate if you didn’t rewrite my analyses every time I post them if it’s all the same to you. This is the second time this week where you’ve posted a response that’s more or less exactly what I wrote after I’ve already posted it...
If you’re actually not noticing them then no harm no foul, but it seems suspiciously similar to mine.
Sorry! I never read any other replies when rating some teams I just give the analysis and go, sorry if it seemed if I was copying you, I will be more careful in the future.

ScalchopFren made some good suggestions, but I noticed that the team had the makings of a hazard-stack team, so I built from there.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Scalchop has already explained why this set is good, but Bisharp's Defiant ability makes it a great fit on a hazard-stack team. If you think your opponent is going to Defog your hazards away, switch into Bisharp, and you'll get a free +2 Attack boost.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid / Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect / Diamond Storm

Mega Aerodactyl could have worked as a Stealth Rocker, but I decided to change it to Mega Diancie mainly to allow for SOME hazard control. Fairy/Ground is already great coverage (in particular hitting Heatran, as well as Excadrill outside of sand), so you can maybe get away with Protect, which allows you to Mega Evolve safely in the face of Pokemon like Landorus and Ash Greninja, who can normally scare Diancie away and set hazards on the switch. However, Diamond Storm is still good for hitting Mega Charizard Y, who wrecks your team pretty hard otherwise.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

The team was looking very weak to Ground and Ash Greninja (and Water in general), so I made a pretty drastic change and replaced Landorus with Tapu Bulu. Not only does it resist Ground and Water, but its Grassy Terrain helps protect its team mates from Earthquakes. To quote the OU analysis that I got the set from, "the HP investment allows Tapu Bulu to always avoid a 2HKO from Ash-Greninja prior to transformation after Stealth Rock. Meanwhile, the Speed investment allows Tapu Bulu to get the jump on the likes of Tyranitar and Crawdaunt. The remainder of EVs are pooled into Attack."

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast

Victini wasn't necessarily a bad choice, but it accentuated the team's Ash Greninja weakness, and it didn't benefit as much from hazard stacking as Magearna. Thanks to Soul-Heart, Magearna will get a Special Attack boost even if the opponent sacrifices a low-HP mon to the hazards to get a clean switch. I went with HP Fire over Focus Blast since Greninja and Diancie sort of already had Heatran covered, and I'd rather not miss against Ferrothorn or Kartana. It also hits Scizor harder, which is nice.

Drapion @ Focus Sash / Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Taunt / Fire Fang / Stomping Tantrum / Swords Dance

This mon played a big part in inspiring the hazard stack idea, and it seems to be one of your favorites, so even though it isn't usually a great Pokemon, I tried to make it work. Toxic Spikes is what makes this Pokemon valuable to the team. Taunt is useful for preventing slower Defoggers like Rotom-Wash and Tapu Fini from removing your hazards, as well as preventing slower hazard setters like Ferrothorn and Skarmory from setting up their hazards (remember, this team can't remove hazards once they're set), and generally messing with passive Pokemon like Chansey and Toxapex. Fire Fang and Stomping Tantrum provide additional coverage against Steels (Stomping Tantrum is chosen over Earthquake as to not be weakened by Grassy Terrain, also it OHKOs Heatran if it switches into a Poison Jab). Finally, Swords Dance lets Drapion try to act as a wallbreaker once its job of setting Toxic Spikes is done.

However, I also looked into other offensive Pokemon that could set up Toxic Spikes.

Nihilego @ Focus Sash / Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Nihilego is pretty fast, has Knock Off for utility, and its ability lets it abuse a team weakened by hazards, though not to the same degree as Magearna. Unfortunately, its coverage is pretty bad. It also revenge kills Mega Zard Y, which as noted previously, is very scary for this team.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Hits stuff really f***ing hard. It does have access to Taunt, but you're probably better off throwing out attacks.

Roserade @ Focus Sash / Black Sludge / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / [Ground]

Its Grass typing and good special bulk help to further alleviate the Ash Greninja matchup.

Ash Gren is fine the way it is. I'd just like to point out that once he transforms, Water Shuriken will always hit three times, so there's no luck involved there.
just a tiny thing i noticed, Pex can set up T-spikes as well, resists water, and deals with protean gren just fine.
It is also a decent switch in to Ash Gren

just a tiny thing i noticed, Pex can set up T-spikes as well, resists water, and deals with protean gren just fine.
It is also a decent switch in to Ash Gren
Yeah but it does not threaten defoggers in any meaningful way... Bisharp is your only deterrent and if they predict it and knock it out your hazards won't stay up

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
Drapion isnt too good in OU, I would change it to a Scolipede instead, as it can stack hazzards as show above or use a offensive set to sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)