Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

I want the Rain Dance Kingdra one rewritten, whoever wrote it obviously doesn't know how to USE one in the first place.

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 116 HP / 72 Def / 252 SAtk / 68 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Dragon]
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
- Surf

Surf for excellent damage (40%+ on Snorlax, 50%+ on Not Very Effectives with only x2 resistance), Ice Beam for grass and dragons like Salamence, HP Dragon for another Kingdra or as a nice STAB attack, and of course Rain Dance which a Kingdra needs. Oh, and Lum Berry for blasted Toxicers and T-Wavers.

Oh, and mention me too. And ugh, get rid of that stupid opinion, it may be an opinion but it's a horrible one. Put something like "If you know how to use a Kingdra, you can easily sweep at any point in the game."

DragonSage, why would anyone in their right mind use HP Dragon to kill other Dragons if Ice Beam allready does that? The only Dragons are Salamence, Flygon, and Dragonite. HP Dragon doesn't do anything, and especially considering Kingdra is uncommon, it won't help with anything. Just use Toxic for the standard set.

HP Dragon is totally useless... its rain dance, not calm mind. and HP Dragon won't be hurting anything more than surf or ice beam, except vaporeon, lapras and quagsire, and in either case, toxic is better.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
DragonSage said:
Surf for excellent damage (40%+ on Snorlax, 50%+ on Not Very Effectives with only x2 resistance)
What are you talking about? That Kingdra (max special attack, with nature, with rain dance) will only do an average of 94 damage to a Milotic with zero special defense EVs.

Heh, has anyone mention Perish Traping Smearal yet?

Smeargle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spore
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Protect

I would rather not use Smeargal at all, but if I had to use it I would probably just go with the standard set.

Smeargal @ Salac Berry
~Belly Drum
~Baton Pass
~Spore
~Substitute

Articuno @ Leftovers ** Arti
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Haze
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
- Reflect

XD Moves really help this thing. Bells, Hazes and Set's up a Reflect. Best used with Wish support(I Found Vappy works Best)

I'm suprised nobody mentioned a Snatchpassing Umbreon, it's very useful.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 164 HP / 184 Def / 160 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Snatch
- Substitute/Pursuit
- Baton Pass
- Wish

Send this in, of course. If you think the opponent's going to switch, use your 2nd moveslot. Pursuit allows you to hurt things when they switch out, Substitute gives you some resistance to annoying stuff like Suicune roars, Celebi's leech seed*, most status effects, you know. Since Umbreon is lacking in offense, most people will probably try to set up on you with CM, DD, Sub, whatever. Snatch it, then BP it to something that can use whatever you've snatched. Last moveslot = filler. Usually I would use something like Wish, due to the BP. You can put a lot in, though, like Toxic, Mean Look, the bread and butter of Umbreon.

Questions? Comments? Opinions?

EDIT: I noticed this counters fast Sub/BPers well, like Espeon and Jolteon.

Lickitung (F) @ Leftovers ** It's NU
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

As it's nickname say's, It's NU. It's Heal bells(Only NU aside from Chimecho who get's heal bell, and Chimecho should be using a Special Sweeper set in NU). It get's Wish the same way it get's heal bell, so you can use both. Protect for insta-healing. Seismic toss beause, as Eho put it "because not too many NU Pokemon have a HP so high that they would like taking Seismic Tosses"

For Sudowoodo, under "OTHER OPTIONS", Double-edge should be there. I don't know what you would use it for, but Sudowoodo get's Rock head. So DE deserves a mention.

If you don't mind, more mention of the NU enviroment. All you say about ALL the NU's is "LOL THEY SUCK. KILL IT WITH ATTACKS". But in the NU enviroment they are more evenly matched(For Exampled, I found a use for Lickitung in NU, one of the exceptions would be Luvdisc).

Imo, that Lickitung set should have Seismic Toss > Body Slam, because not too many NU Pokemon have a HP so high that they would like taking Seismic Tosses.

Still wondering why CBJask is never mentioned.

Ninjask @ Choice Band
252 Attk / 252 Spd / 6 HP Adamant Nature (+Attk, -SAttk)

Aerial Ace
Hidden Power [Fighting]
Silver Wind
Shadow Ball

This thing is seriously a beast. HP Fight more often than not 2HKOs Bliss and Lax, and OHKOs Ttar. Silver Wind boost is always nice.

Rapidash @ Leftovers
~Baton Pass
~Fire Blast
~Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Ice]
~Substitute

HP Grass kills stuff like Quagsire, while HP Ice kills Gligar, so it's really your choice.

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 56 Def / 16 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Substitute

Subpunching Regice. Come in on a Special Attack and Substitute. Focus Punch with the suggest EVs will do a good bit to Snorlax, Normals, and other Regices. It is very annoying. Max HP makes up for not as much Special Defense and still lets you come in on something like Gengar with relative ease. However, its attacks are not very strong. Luckily, Regice has the BoltBeam combo and it can SubPunch, so with some good prediction, it will do a good dent to most teams.

You didn't think up that set first. The first set was by Dark Lugia and the original set is as follows.

Regice @ Leftovers ** Solidify
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Ok, so as you can see, this thing don't have Rest or Psych Up, so it's not a pure staller wall like your average Regice. Send this on Zapdos or something that will obviously switch, and thats when you suprise them. Substitute, combined with Regice's massive special def can take almost any special attacks without breaking. So, lets see how this is used. When against a special attacker, you have the choice, Sub or try hitting it with Boltbeam, lets say you're against Zapdos again, try Subbing first... now... if it switch to Blissey, Snorlax or another Regice, or even Tyranitar, that's when the fun start. With max attack and personality, this Regice can do around 56% to Blissey with a Focus Punch, and since you have Sub up from the Zapdos switch, Blissey will be like ''OMG, WTF IS THAT SHIT?!'', equiped with the boltbeam combo, they are gonna have a real hard time getting back on their feet without losing 1 Pokemon or 2.

Counters
Lets go over the counters now... hm... Swampert can wall it a little, Milotic have enough special defense to handle the Thunderbolts and try at least removing the Substitute. CBers still destroy it when it's Sub-free so watch out.

Opinion
This set may look stupid, but it's not a gimmick fun set, in the right team and with good prediction, this tears teams apart.

That was the exact description he put on Mew's Shrine forums.[/quote]

EDIT: http://71.18.170.182/community/showthread.php?t=198

i think that the pokemon analyses should have a section for the natrue that is perfured for each set and secondary natures that will also work.

sorry if that has already been said.

Breloom (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Works pretty well. Dominates most BL, and some OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)