Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

Going along with what PatTar said, I have sets for both of them.

Kanghaskan @ Leftovers
~Double-Edge
~Earthquake
~Shadow Ball
~Wish

Works quite good as a lead in UU, as it can Double-Edge for good Damage and then Wish itself and the other members.

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
~Leech Seed/Stun Spore
~Psychic
~Sleep Powder
~Wish

I use Leech Seed but it's really up to preference. Psychic with its good SAtk, and Sleep Powder is always good.

Dugtrio needs to have protect/sub down as options, and *maybe* toxic.
perish song is the main use, i guess it beats slaking too. toxic for wobby i guess... weird set, but it works in a strange sort of way.

Why would you have to worry about something like Wobba when it isn't even used in Uber, and is banned from OU?

The magneton article should be edited to include the endure/salac version which counters dugtrio somewhat and also works to counter salamence, unboosted gyarados, metagross and heracross. Of course blissey nullifies this version, but blissey nullifies all versions of magneton so that doesnt really matter. The endure salac maggie has the moveset substitute/endure/thunderbolt/HP ice substitute is to predict against slow status moves like milotic, weezing and dusclops or to use when you know they're going to switch out but dont know what they're going to send in or maybe suspect that they're going to try to counter predict you. Substitute should be backed up with a timid nature and 252 speed evs which is also nessecary to beat duggie with the salac. The rest goes into special attack. status moves like Thunderwave and toxic dont work because maggie cant absorb the hit that will come it's way while it's using these status moves. If maggie isnt hitting something, it should be ducking and weaving because one neutral hit from any decent attacker will send this magnet sprawling.

norulz

excellent
I agree with HawaiianSnow89, the only problem with the Salac Magneton is that the opponent is free to change to Blissey or Regice or any other Special Sponge or Tank. Otherwise it's a pretty innovative set. But I don't see how it counters Metagross. Even with Hidden Power Fire, it won't do more than 75% damage. And the same goes to Heracross, unless both were hit on the switch. I also agree with the Substitute, since it's excellent to predict status attacks and it's always been my option. I actually find Magneton's defense Sufficient, his only problem is his HP. It won't even last for long unless the attacker has Choice Banded on a Drill Peck or Hidden Power Flying or any other flying move.

why would magneton use Hidden Power Fire on Metagross or Hera when Stab TBolt hurts em more(TBolt is 142.5 while HP Fire is 140 only)

and here's a set for medicham i use it and it owns

Medicham@Salac Berry
Jolly/Adamant
EVs:252 Atk/252 SPD/6 HP
Endure
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Reversal
Strategy:
i know what you're thinking SUB AND ENDURE ON THE SAME SET? well it actually works because Sub counters blissey and can be used on the switch and endure when you believe ur dyin then Reversal or Shadow Ball away

errr how does substitute counter blissey when you cant hurt it with either shadow ball or reversal, and it breaks the sub with stoss/ice beam?

Blissey will most likely TWave or Toxic so you sub and waste it then reversal it'll take off a slight dent or maybe big i dunno anyway then keep on subbing, it prevents TWave or Toxic while Endure is since Medi is a bit slow and many Standards will outspeed him

Entei (Blissey Counter) Jolly 252 Speed 132 HP rest in Attack
Leftovers / Lum Berry
HP Fighting
Substitute
Psych Up
Swagger

Basically Switch in on Blissey (Use Lum berry if your scared of t wave)
Sub then swagger then psych up 67% damage.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Gengar/Dusclops own you badly, and Swagger/Psych Up generally doesn't work. Blissey usually doesn't stay in for a potential Double Edge, anyway.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Parasect's Other Options section... is... well... sorta formatted weird, as is its Counters section. I can't really find the words to describe it. Just go and look at it yourself.

Not a full analysis, just something minor.

For Blissey's counter section, add in Muk. He can make 101 subs, focus punch off 105 atk, and 100 sdef garuntees Bliss's IB won't break his sub. The only thing bliss can hope to do is twave you, and since you're not gonna outspeed much already, it doesn't hinder you that much.

ok, ok, well, as im just a rookie you will have to particully forgive me. I failed with Venusaur, but i have pride of this set. It will kill all ghosts and psichichs (as mentioned on the analysis), since they are not packed with good fight moves (well, just to care about Hypno), see:

Sneasel:
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Dig
Aerial Ace

I dont have any ideas for specific natures. Sure it is a Sneasel and it will not hold up too much but the intention is to hurt before get killed. Seens to have some great problems with Skarmory but with a good speed and great Attack it can lift around a lot of pokémon. C'mon, Sage, it´s not SOOOO bad.

Has anyone metioned this set for Lugia?

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Whirlwind
- Light Screen
- Recover

It really works well with spikes, and it can also stall almost anything.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jebroni uses that Lugia sometimes IIRC, the theory being that most of the rest of his team can Toxic you, so Lugia just needs to sit there and kill with Spikes.

Entei @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
Fire Blast
Double-Edge
Iron Tail
Hidden Power Fighting

This can actually work if you pair it with a solid wisher (Salamence, Jirachi, Vaporeon are probably the best bets for that). Overheat won't kill Celebi but without Adamant it will do a good chunk of damage with the minimum of 216. Luckily, Entei does not need 252 EVs to get 404 HP, so some can go into speed or special attack, or maybe even defense.

I've been using an all sp. Ampharos and it does pretty good in uu.

Ampharos (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heal Bell

Also it doesn't mention that Ampharos gets Hell Bell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)