Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
As a Californian, I'm cautiously optimistic about the Warriors this year. In theory, Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Lee/Bogut with Jack buffering the guard position sounds like a pretty exciting combination imo. Although this whole idea goes down the crapper again if Bogut and/or Curry get hurt again, and from recent history that's a pretty likely if... >_> Still don't really think they have the depth to be title contenders this year, but at least we might see them slip into the playoffs again at last? Maybe?

Your guys' thoughts on Golden State?
IMO these Warriors (if healthy) are a better team then the Clippers of last year on paper. Definitely a playoff team IMO but I have a soft spot for the Warriors and am bullish on Harrison Barnes (as well as Klay Thompson).

Knicks sign and trade with Portland. Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas for Jared Jeffries, Dan Gadzuric and 2016 2nd-round pick.
Not sure if the Knicks are still gonna match for Lin anymore now that they have 3 point guards.

I think the Knicks would be dumb not to drop a PG and get Lin, since Kidd is on his last leg, and Lin is a PG for the future. But their executive office has had a history of doing stupid things.

-Volt

Lin isn't worth that much money. This is one of the few smart things they've done.
The third year thing was pretty weird...like I almost felt like the Rockets were trying to screw the Knicks over because they were so cocksure the Knicks would match? I am just guessing, I try not to read too much into this stuff because whatever, where they end up is where they end up.

Rockets want Lin because they're desperate for revenue. They'll overspend for a "star".
A hypothetical Lin-to-Dwight tandem would certainly be strongly justified by this type of thinking, even if Howard flees the following year. It's a fun and novel notion to think about though xD

But back to Lin, he's a boss and all but $25 million over three years with the poison pill at the end for playing about half a shortened season is a bit...um...

I dunno, if you weigh the potential marketing Lin can bring the Rockets (whom the Chinese already identify a lot with since they had Yao), if they're making more money off showcasing Lin regardless of money paid to him or performance, it'd be worthwhile to consider. And Lin isn't that that bad, there's worse PGs out there and the Rockets let Dragic go. So I mean, Lin will likely be an all star ballot vote for the next how many years now lol.

A hypothetical Lin-to-Dwight tandem would certainly be strongly justified by this type of thinking, even if Howard flees the following year. It's a fun and novel notion to think about though xD
Considering they already offered a contract to Asik, it's unlikely Howard will go to Houston because I doubt the Bulls will match.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lin definitely has a higher ceiling, considering he's still sitting on the floor. He hasn't even played in a full seasons worth of games, although he was already voted as "New York's most beloved athlete", lmao. We already know what we can expect from Dragic, but Lin is a huge gamble, calling Lin a fluke is not even controversial at this point. You don't get many stretches of Wizards-Nets-Pistons-Bobcats-etc in the Western Conference.

This amnesty thing is pretty interesting... This idea just makes teams with Big 3 overpowered. It's not too obvious now, but I think it will become a major factor in the future. Wtf, if Heat got Scola...

This amnesty thing is pretty interesting... This idea just makes teams with Big 3 overpowered. It's not too obvious now, but I think it will become a major factor in the future. Wtf, if Heat got Scola...
Only teams under the cap can bid, sooo, yeah, there goes that.

Each team can only use it once also and it has to be before the 2015-2016 season. It was meant to be a one time thing for teams to get rid of contracts like Gilbert Arenas and Baron Davis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)