Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

i've never done a Yahoo league before, how early can we get into the draft area, and how do i do that?

will a link go live in the countdown box at a certain time?

WaterBomb Killah

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay so Yahoo has completely crapped out on me, internet and mobile. Who was my last draftee? Would have nommed Shonn Greene

it's a slight exaggeration (likely a starting RB will be hurt and their handcuff will become the "sleeper" of the year, or a WR will break out) but not a huge one. coaching staff loves him, he plays well in the passing game and Dallas will be behind often, and he's playing behind injury prone Demarco Murray. even then, his OC comes from Detroit, where he loved to use Reggie Bush and Joique Bell in a 60/40 timeshare, something he has mentioned to be bringing to Dallas.

yeah the bot autodrafted me welker who will apparently play week 1 so I have at least 1 extra decent-good WR if someone wants to trade me a RB or TE

I have Crabtree, Roddy, Welker, and Wallace up for sale (preferably not Julio) and am willing to package 2 of them for 1 elite player or something if you want

here's a 10 man 1ppr snake draft i just did, drafted #7.

i think i did okay. wanted Julio over Marshall, as to not put so many eggs in the Cutler basket, but hopefully that doesn't come to bite me in the ass.

also i do think the Jags D will be good this year, but i'm picking up Jets D for week one.

Attachments

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Dear Yahoo Fantasy Football Users,

Yesterday evening we encountered an issue with a portion of our Fantasy Football drafts and one of those affected was yours.

We're so sorry for the inconvenience. To fix your league, the Commissioner needs to use the reset draft tool and reschedule your draft date and time. Please note, the new draft time must be at least two hours out from your original draft.

If you need assistance, please contact customer care

Thanks and again we apologize,

Yahoo Fantasy Football team"

Got this email an hour ago or so. I just checked the league and the teams still appear to be intact, so I dunno why this email is trying to get me to redo our draft. In any case, screw that. If I have to, I'll manually re-add all the players to the rosters in accordance with how the draft went. There is no way in hell I'm redoing an auction draft like that.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Dear Yahoo Fantasy Football Users,

Yesterday evening we encountered an issue with a portion of our Fantasy Football drafts and one of those affected was yours.

We're so sorry for the inconvenience. To fix your league, the Commissioner needs to use the reset draft tool and reschedule your draft date and time. Please note, the new draft time must be at least two hours out from your original draft.

If you need assistance, please contact customer care

Thanks and again we apologize,

Yahoo Fantasy Football team"

Got this email an hour ago or so. I just checked the league and the teams still appear to be intact, so I dunno why this email is trying to get me to redo our draft. In any case, screw that. If I have to, I'll manually re-add all the players to the rosters in accordance with how the draft went. There is no way in hell I'm redoing an auction draft like that.
I think its mostly to accomodate users who had the issues early on into the draft and whatnot. I got the same email and actually did experience problems but it was 14/15 players through my team so it wasn't a big deal.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah it lagged me out on my last pick so I drafted Johnny Manziel as a backup, but i'm not entirely too fussed about it.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like our draft wasn't terribly affected, so we're good. If anyone else in League C had issues or notices anything wrong, please let me know immediately and I'll get it taken care of.

Place me into any league, if you guys still have an open spot. I have run a couple of keepers leagues on my own for a few years in Y! but haven't played in a re-draft league in a while. Just PM me if anything and I'll give you my Y! email address so you can send me the invite.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The Supreme Old Smogon League will be drafting THIS SUNDAY YO just in case anybody there happens to be paying attention to the forum/this thread, not the Yahoo league page and somehow forgot.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Place me into any league, if you guys still have an open spot. I have run a couple of keepers leagues on my own for a few years in Y! but haven't played in a re-draft league in a while. Just PM me if anything and I'll give you my Y! email address so you can send me the invite.
Denny, I am sorry but it looks like you missed out on the smogon leagues this year as we are all full. You're still welcome to comment/give/ask for advice in the thread, and we'll get you in next season!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)