if you still had the bones of an idol
some elements stolen from my former monotype colleaguesYay, it's a forum! For analyses! Of the Other Metagames variety!
OM Analyses Reservation Thread
Welcome everyone. If you're here you're probably interested in spreading the gospel of OMs or UMs to unsuspecting Smogon analysis viewers. The OMs and UMs we are offering — to start — will be 1v1, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, and Mix and Mega, due to the increased strain our presence will cause to the GP team. (Sorry, AAA fans.) If you haven't reserved an analysis before, make sure you familiarize yourself with the grammar standards and, even more importantly, the analysis format. All analyses must abide by these conventions.
To reserve an analysis, please post in this thread with the name of the Pokemon you are reserving and the metagame for which you are reserving it. A moderator (TBA) must approve the analyses before you can post a thread in this forum containing your work-in-progress analysis. Analyses must be in bullet points until they get 2 QC checks, unless they are prewritten. After the 2nd they should be written into paragraphs.
QC Team Members
Guidelines for Reserving an Analysis:
- If you are currently a badgeholder or a member of the QC team, you are able to reserve two analyses. You may also reserve two for both AG and Mix and Mega. Badgeholders and 1v1 QCers are allowed to reserve three 1v1 analyses at a time. Everyone else may only reserve one analysis, unless you have prewritten analyses from the 1v1 boards or another project. Unbadged people may reserve 2 1v1 analyses at a time if they can show they are experienced with writing analyses. If one analysis is in GP, you may also reserve a second.
- Do not reserve the Pokemon without extensive metagame knowledge, knowledge of how the Pokemon works, and a lot of experience with the Pokemon. If it is clear you do not know what you are writing about, then your analysis will be reassigned.
- If you wish to reserve an "unconventional Pokemon," you can certainly attempt to do so. However, you must provide reasonable evidence, a set, and at least some substance to your post.
- In the future, we may make lists of Pokemon we would like to be reserved for analyses, i.e. those that are especially viable. We obviously don't have those yet. Use your best judgment, please.
- [WIP] --- The Work-in-Progress tag indicates that you are still completing your Pokemon's skeleton. This tag indicates that you are not ready for QC checks, and are still working. Do not be lazy in this stage, if you refuse to add information within 72 hours of having this tag, then your analysis will be reassigned.
- [Quality Control] --- This is the most important stage of the analysis. Your analysis must be in bullet points, following the analysis format linked at the beginning of a post, and must not be written out completely. Please put the tag [QC: 0/3] in your thread title. For example, Lopunny [QC: 1/3] will indicate to the QC team that you have received one QC check. As indicated in this thread, you must have 3 QC checks. Unlike other tiers, this is how OM C&C will be run. You do not begin writing the analysis (from bullet points) until receiving the second check on your analysis. You do not receive GP before the third check. You will not receive the third check unless your analysis is written.
- [Copyediting] --- This stage is where Grammar Prose will come and make sure that your analysis is of written quality. They will correct grammatical errors. You must receive two GP checks before your analysis is considered done. Like GP, you must put [GP: 0/2] in your thread title. This has to be after [QC: 3/3] or it can replace the [QC: 3/3] in your title entirely. It is up to you. You must post in the Grammar Prose Queue that your analysis is ready for GP checks after you have moved to this stage.
- [Done] --- This tag indicates that your analysis is done. You have received three QC checks and two GP checks, and it is ready to be uploaded by site. (Special for OM analyses: some analyses may only receive one GP check if the writing is particularly exemplary.) This will be handled by our OM C&C Moderators, so feel free to tag us once your thread hits this stage.
Last edited by a moderator: