Resource OM Bazaar: Sample Teams / Team Dump

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
ElMustacho, above, mentioned how to utilize one's team under the meta with Water Bubble, MMY with Psychic Surge, Groudon-Primal with nuking abilities (stakeout & tinted lens), and Shell Smash Spams (which I personally hate af).

I do admit that Elmustacho's team is very versatile and good with long battles, and I copied Regenvest Kyogre and Fur Coat Tina in my team.

The team I have below, shows what I elaborated from Elmustacho's team. The team below is specifically designed to counter:

* Teams that rely on Innards Out for important KOs
* Teams that cannot do significant amount of damage without relying on certain attackers
* Teams that rely on cycles of 2+ Regenvesters or Fur Coat tanks

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Moongeist Beam
- Secret Sword

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Precipice Blades
- Bolt Strike
- Sunsteel Strike / Switcheroo

Kyogre-Primal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Steam Eruption
- Moongeist Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Audino-Mega (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- U-turn
- Shore Up

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief / Moongeist Beam
- Strength Sap

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Metal Burst
- Shore Up

This last slot can be replaced with anything that can help your team.

Ex) Innards Out for your own, another Illusion attacker, Poison Heal users, Normalize Gengar to scout teams, etc.

Innards Out KO mostly comes from switch-in when someone anticipates strong and threatening attackers.
Defensive teams with Fur Coat and couple Regenvest pivots are harder to win against in a fast time because they see a threat and decide to switch to appropriate check.

In my team's case, if I wish to get rid of something annoying like Registeel, I can just disguise P-don as Chansey and kill it with V-Create. Normally, Registeel will switch out or use Destiny Bond (since most forms are Prankster). Even if opponent anticipates and switches to Magic Bounce user, most switch-ins will be severely dented.

Or if I were to eliminate Giratina or Zygarde, I can disguise someone else as Mega Ray and launch Spec-Boosted Draco Meteor. I doubt any forms of those walls would survive it unless they are running unique Regen-Vest set.

Giratina, similarly to ElMustacho's team, is there to completely wall P-don. Mega Ray will most likely be Imposter-ed after launching Draco Meteor or Overheat (or halving its Special Attack, in other words), it is nearly impossible for Imposter to break through Audino, even if Audino has around half of its HP left.

Kyogre is there to stop Water Bubble spams. and Audino completely shuts down most of Mega Gengar variants. (Normalize carries Entrainment, Dazzling usually sets up by using Spore)

So this team can eliminate core defenses without being force-traded by Innards Out and eventually force opponent to succumb to Ray-Don attacks.

want another AG rate and suggestions.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force
Saves the team 60% of the time. Has superb bulk, great boosting capability, and kills even ghost types.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Comes in at the end, cleans up . Sometimes is used with 'slash when I suspect an EQ is coming. Then sets up.

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick
The wild card. Provides awesome coverage, plus has a ton of resistances along with a knack to take out powerful mons like Xerneas , Kartana , Darkrai , Kyogre, etc. especially after the Shift. Also deals sufficient damage to P-Don w/ U-Turn for Deoxys or Rayquaza to kill . Still, are there better options for this slot?(PS: I want a physical attacker/sweeper.)

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Confide
The staller. Forces things to switch out after confide.Hates EQ's. Perhaps a better spread is present? I really want to keep this, as a great wall and also for its rareness on Showdown.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Std. Deoxys-Att.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
Spl. Atker w/ a bit of spl. bulk. Better Options??

This team peaked at #102 . Currently around 100-150, i guess. Want tips and changes based on how to beat that particular crop of players. Thanks!!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
want another rate and suggestions.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force
Saves the team 60% of the time. Has superb bulk, great boosting capability, and kills even ghost types.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Comes in at the end, cleans up . Sometimes is used with 'slash when I suspect an EQ is coming. Then sets up.

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick
The wild card. Provides awesome coverage, plus has a ton of resistances along with a knack to take out powerful mons like Xerneas , Kartana , Darkrai , Kyogre, etc. especially after the Shift. Also deals sufficient damage to P-Don w/ U-Turn for Deoxys or Rayquaza to kill . Still, are there better options for this slot?(PS: I want a physical attacker/sweeper.)

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Confide
The staller. Forces things to switch out after confide.Hates EQ's. Perhaps a better spread is present? I really want to keep this, as a great wall and also for its rareness on Showdown.

Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Std. Deoxys-Att.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

This team peaked at #102 . Currently around 100-150, i guess. Want tips and changes based on how to beat that particular crop of players. Thanks!!
I think the best way for you to improve your teams is simply using the smogdex. While none of the mons you've chosen are necessarily unviable, all of the sets could be improved in some way and the smogdex is really good for this.
There is more to go over, specifically both aegislash and genesect are pretty godawful and random np deo-a off of psychic terrain but honestly just improving sets is the most important thing. Plus I'm on mobile and can't do a full rate but yeah aegislash and non scarf genesect are just awful

DoW

formally Death on Wings
want another rate and suggestions.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Confide

Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Std. Deoxys-Att.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

While I can certainly see how your team was likely put together (taking the things that seemed to do well and putting them on your team), I think the main thing it lacks (other than more standard sets as Megazard said) is direction.
For example, many teams start off with the idea of using multiple Extremekiller (swords dance / extremespeed normal-type) Arceus, with the intention of overwhelming the opponent's checks to the pokemon, the teams then add a few different pokemon to better deal with things that do well against arceus, and end up with a team still largely based around clicking extremespeed.
Other teams might try to use Mega Gengar to trap and take out any pokemon that threaten your main sweeper; others attempt to stall out whatever the opponent sends at them using pokemon such as Mega Sableye and Lugia while some try to set up Psychic Terrain then sweep with pokemon like Deoxys-A.
Even teams that don't look like they have a specific plan often have a lot of thought go into how they expect to win, how they hope to beat particular pokemon, etc. rather than simply putting together six strong pokemon.

So in other words, I think what you should do is consider your current team 'done' and move on to another which has a particular aim in terms of how it'll win. The new team you make will probably start off worse, but as you get to know how it works and change things that aren't doing the job, not only will you end up with a better team but you'll also understand the game better.

Hope that helps ^_^

While I can certainly see how your team was likely put together (taking the things that seemed to do well and putting them on your team), I think the main thing it lacks (other than more standard sets as Megazard said) is direction.
For example, many teams start off with the idea of using multiple Extremekiller (swords dance / extremespeed normal-type) Arceus, with the intention of overwhelming the opponent's checks to the pokemon, the teams then add a few different pokemon to better deal with things that do well against arceus, and end up with a team still largely based around clicking extremespeed.
Other teams might try to use Mega Gengar to trap and take out any pokemon that threaten your main sweeper; others attempt to stall out whatever the opponent sends at them using pokemon such as Mega Sableye and Lugia while some try to set up Psychic Terrain then sweep with pokemon like Deoxys-A.
Even teams that don't look like they have a specific plan often have a lot of thought go into how they expect to win, how they hope to beat particular pokemon, etc. rather than simply putting together six strong pokemon.

So in other words, I think what you should do is consider your current team 'done' and move on to another which has a particular aim in terms of how it'll win. The new team you make will probably start off worse, but as you get to know how it works and change things that aren't doing the job, not only will you end up with a better team but you'll also understand the game better.

Hope that helps ^_^
The direction is supposed to be of a TripleDancer Strategy, designed to generate switches from the beginning. But yeah, I see what you're saying. I'll try and phase this one out.

Also, could you suggest me some good strategies/directions to build a team around?
I think the best way for you to improve your teams is simply using the smogdex. While none of the mons you've chosen are necessarily unviable, all of the sets could be improved in some way and the smogdex is really good for this.
There is more to go over, specifically both aegislash and genesect are pretty godawful and random np deo-a off of psychic terrain but honestly just improving sets is the most important thing. Plus I'm on mobile and can't do a full rate but yeah aegislash and non scarf genesect are just awful
While those are definitely not good mons, i prefer them for the surprise factor they bring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please combine these into 1 post with the edit button.
The direction is supposed to be of a TripleDancer Strategy, designed to generate switches from the beginning. But yeah, I see what you're saying. I'll try and phase this one out.
While those are definitely not good mons, i prefer them for the surprise factor they bring.
Even with that from team preview it's still easy to deal with them, and they don't fit many roles. Shift Gear Genesect, for instance, is pretty much a worse Arceus-Steel almost all of the time, and Aegislash has the same problem with Magearna. Still, if you really want to keep aegislash, you could instead give it a more offensive set like the ones http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/aegislash/ and run a different setup sweeper like Rock Polish Primal Groudon or Swords Dance Arceus-ground because you have xerneas covered pretty well.
Also, could you suggest me some good strategies/directions to build a team around?
Well, Hazard Stack+Mega Gengar is very effective, as is Extreme Killer Spam, Sticky Webs+Mega Rayquaza, Psychic Terrain+Deoxys-A, Setup Sweeper+Mega Gengar, and Dual Xerneas are all rather effective.

Reactions: DoW
Gøvhatanks If this is a full team, you should consider making a RMT for the RMT forum rather than posting here.

That said, in brief...

Giratina: Unless you're running into tons of Mold Breaker non-Spore sleep, consider Magic Bounce with Safety Goggles if necessary. Whirlwind over Roar as well unless you don't want to phaze stray Soundproof users. I feel Giratina could use something better than Spectral Thief in general, but with APS being spammed everywhere, it's probably the superior move for dealing with them. So consider other options in the future if a suspect later neuters APS.

Zygarde: Consider Coil over Cosmic Power if you intend to sweep. Otherwise a good wall can sit there and not give a crap until you run out of attacking PP if you're not offered any stealable Attack boosts.

Regi: Sub THEN Smash. Otherwise you're vulnerable to a lot of stuff that'll shut you down prematurely, such as Burns and Fakespeed. You can counter some status by swapping in Facade over a move, however. Illusion helps, but, if I remember correctly, damaging a Sub doesn't break Illusion.

Gengar: Normalize Entrainment sweeps are ridiculously vulnerable to Trick and Knock Off, as they render Gengar nearly useless. However, if you're set on it, just use a stronger move over Secret Sword. Psystrike if you want to hit on physical side, otherwise Boomburst. Both are normal-type moves under Normalize anyway, so might as well go for high BP.

Yveltal: Toss out Imprison. Unless your Yveltal is getting forced out that much that you keep losing Unburden, you're better off with a coverage move that OHKOs Imposters. (You might need to tweak your IVs to achieve this.) If you do keep losing your Unburden, however, then scrap it and go for a different ability.

Kyogre: Only thing here is Kyo should probably move its speed to HP and bulk. I forget the exact EV spread standard Kyo uses, since it's not a typical 252 / 252 / 4 spread. You can also consider Moonblast over Ice Beam. Both have their pros and cons for use, so the answer there isn't cut and dried.

Overall: Your team is ridiculously weak to Refrigerate. Luckily, APS has it pretty rare, but standard Fridge Kyu-B can threaten or outright KO four members of your team with Fakespeed. If it's running Bolt Strike, one of its most common coverage moves, then it can also reliably KO Kyogre before it gets anywhere too. You also rely A LOT on set-up to get anywhere, which means that teams with lots of anti-set-up, or a team with just one really good anti-set-up, will mean you'll be constantly denied momentum. There's likely some other issues, but I only glanced over without looking at things in detail.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
For everyone in Pokemon Showdown that is seeking for my Cancer team (more like my signature team):

So many pretty girls around me and they waking up the rocket ...
- Bruno Mars

Cancer (Chansey) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Final Gambit
- Whirlwind
- Milk Drink

Cancer (Chansey) @ Wiki Berry
Lonely Nature
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Whirlwind
- Milk Drink

Cancer (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Metal Burst
- Final Gambit
- Milk Drink
- Whirlwind

Cancer (Chansey) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Metal Burst
- Milk Drink
- Aromatherapy

Cancer (Chansey) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Lonely Nature
- Metal Burst
- Destiny Bond
- Perish Song
- Milk Drink

Cancer (Gengar-Mega) (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Secret Sword

*DISCLAIMER*: I am not responsible if your ladder fell into a cauldron of hell after facing team with Shadow Tag.

Team Summary:
* 3 Chansey are explosive. 2 are not.
* 2 Chansey are IO. The other one has Sash + Metal Burst + Prankster + Destiny Bond.
* One Chansey with Magic Bounce and the other as standard Imposter.
* Gengar nukes Giratina and Zygarde-C.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or if you want something different:

Innards Out (Zygarde-Complete) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

Innards Out (Zygarde-Complete) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Stealth Rock
- Switcheroo
- Aromatherapy

Innards Out (Zygarde-Complete) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot / Thousand Waves
- Perish Song
- Baneful Bunker
- Shore Up

Innards Out (Chansey) @ Safety Goggles
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Whirlwind
- Milk Drink

Innards Out (Chansey) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Final Gambit
- Milk Drink
- Whirlwind

Innards Out (Chansey) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Def / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Metal Burst
- Milk Drink
- Aromatherapy

Team Summary:
* 2 Zygarde suicide bombs.
* Soundproof Zygarde traps opponent who anticipate third suicide bombing.
* Imposter for setup mons, Magic Bounce for JIC, and Innards Out for sending Diancie and Kyurem to hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any teams without
Chansey?

So many pretty girls around me and they waking up the rocket ...
- Bruno Mars

Not Sturdy (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Magic Coat
- Spiky Shield

Ability: Magic Guard
Lonely Nature
- Endeavor
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Magic Coat

Ability: Magic Guard
Lonely Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Defog
- Spiky Shield

Not Sturdy (Shedinja) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Endeavor
- Fire Spin
- Ice Shard
- Refresh

Not Sturdy (Shedinja) @ Safety Goggles
Lonely Nature
- Endeavor
- Fire Spin
- Ice Shard
- Recycle

Not Sturdy (Gengar-Mega) (M) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Sludge Wave
- Shell Smash

Team Summary:
* Self explanatory. Run Sash with Moongeist for Gengar if you want Imposter to obliterate your team because they always win speed tie with hax.

Have fun spreading cancer.

Last edited:
Very good team for 1v1
Nosepass (M) @ Berry Juice
Level: 1
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Protect
- Magic Coat

Aggron @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Metal Burst
- Dark Pulse
- Blizzard
- Flash Cannon

Very good team for 1v1
Nosepass (M) @ Berry Juice
Level: 1
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Protect
- Magic Coat

Aggron @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Metal Burst
- Dark Pulse
- Blizzard
- Flash Cannon
Hey, I'm glad you're willing to help, but sample teams are supposed to fulfill some requirements. First off, they should have a different formating; an importable folder, some descirptions, etc. Second off, they're supposed to be good, both for the metagame and for use. Test your teams before just posting them on theorymons. I'd suggest talking to some of the good 1v1 players on showdown such as UnleashOurPassion, Kentari, Uselesscrab, etc for advice, or ping the OM room; someone good will probably be on to help you learn.

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I wouldn't call this good man but whatever floats your boat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also got another Mix and Mega offense team I've been toying with just so this isn't only a shitpost.

Genesect @ Pinsirite
Hasty Nature
- Techno Blast
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion
- Shift Gear

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover

Pheromosa @ Metagrossite
Ability: Beast Boost
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bug Buzz / Hidden Power [Flying]
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Low Kick

Standard team pretty much - Genesect has Shift Gear to boost your attack and then sweep, Techno Blast to bop shit like Pdon which are generally specially weak, ExtremeSpeed because it's a strong priority attack that not many things outspeed, Explosion to bop bulky steels/end the match with a bang. (This actually does a lot.) Pdon for rocks, phazing out shit like GeoXern, and Edgequake coverage is just awesome. Rockceus is your Flying resist as well as your Dragonite answer, stole it from Laxpras' Catalina Wine Mixer and it works wonders crippling Dnite for the rest of the game barring hax in the form of Will-O-Miss. Phero's pretty damn broken, most people use Lucarionite but I prefer Metagrossite w/ HP Flying (it's a meme to bop other Pheros) but Bug Buzz can be used over it for Special STAB. Not much to say - U-Turn for STAB and pivoting, HJK for a strong Fighting STAB, Ice Beam to bop shit that you can't w/ the other three moves. Zapdos is there bc it's Zapdos, it answers stuff like Lucarionite Koko, secondary Dnite check, Pinsirite Genesect check since some carry Iron Head (which they shouldn't imo but w/e), etc. Final mon is Weavile which I just love, it revenge kills a lot in the tier like boosted Dnite once it's Mega Evolved. Also, it has fighting coverage which hits a lot of shit like Rockceus/Steelceus, Terrakion, etc.

Not a good description but I'm terrible at those anyways, but I've had reasonable success with the team against players like Laxpras and Kris so figured it's worth a post.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.

I wouldn't call this good man but whatever floats your boat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also got another Mix and Mega offense team I've been toying with just so this isn't only a shitpost.

Genesect @ Pinsirite
Hasty Nature
- Techno Blast
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion
- Shift Gear

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover

Pheromosa @ Metagrossite
Ability: Beast Boost
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bug Buzz / Hidden Power [Flying]
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Low Kick

Standard team pretty much - Genesect has Shift Gear to boost your attack and then sweep, Techno Blast to bop shit like Pdon which are generally specially weak, ExtremeSpeed because it's a strong priority attack that not many things outspeed, Explosion to bop bulky steels/end the match with a bang. (This actually does a lot.) Pdon for rocks, phazing out shit like GeoXern, and Edgequake coverage is just awesome. Rockceus is your Flying resist as well as your Dragonite answer, stole it from Laxpras' Catalina Wine Mixer and it works wonders crippling Dnite for the rest of the game barring hax in the form of Will-O-Miss. Phero's pretty damn broken, most people use Lucarionite but I prefer Metagrossite w/ HP Flying (it's a meme to bop other Pheros) but Bug Buzz can be used over it for Special STAB. Not much to say - U-Turn for STAB and pivoting, HJK for a strong Fighting STAB, Ice Beam to bop shit that you can't w/ the other three moves. Zapdos is there bc it's Zapdos, it answers stuff like Lucarionite Koko, secondary Dnite check, Pinsirite Genesect check since some carry Iron Head (which they shouldn't imo but w/e), etc. Final mon is Weavile which I just love, it revenge kills a lot in the tier like boosted Dnite once it's Mega Evolved. Also, it has fighting coverage which hits a lot of shit like Rockceus/Steelceus, Terrakion, etc.

Not a good description but I'm terrible at those anyways, but I've had reasonable success with the team against players like Laxpras and Kris so figured it's worth a post.
Why U no carry Lava Plume on Pdon?
Also HP Ice is better for Zapdos so it won't be a setup fodder for Aerilate users that are commonly weak to Ice.
I understand Arceus-Rock works as bird antidote but wouldn't Arceus-Water be better in general?

Why U no carry Lava Plume on Pdon?
Also HP Ice is better for Zapdos so it won't be a setup fodder for Aerilate users that are commonly weak to Ice.
I understand Arceus-Rock works as bird antidote but wouldn't Arceus-Water be better in general?
Lava Plume isn't carried on that PDon so that it can hit and force out Zapdos; Zapdos just kinda site on Lava plume don and defogs while wearing it down with toxic or HP ice. With Stone Edge, you can just KO them.

Arceus-Water does not have the same role compression; it can't run wisp or else pdon switches in, it cant check Genesect, it can't force out weakened pdon, or threaten defoggers (ie zapdos+Mandi), or switch into -atespeed as readily, not to mention that it has to run ice beam to actually check -ate (and thus gives up STAB or valuable utility move). The two have somewhat similar niches, but Arceus-Water doesn't fit on his team as well.

Having some success with this team (Full Potential)

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Brave Bird
- Dazzling Gleam

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Extreme Speed
- Agility

Jolteon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Roost

Floatzel @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Punch
This team worked well especially after the implementation of Item Clause (just replaced LO on Floatzel with Waterium Z)
Oh and you may replace Thunder with Thunderbolt or Electroball whatever suits your needs

Last edited:
Having some success with this team (Full Potential)

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Brave Bird
- Dazzling Gleam

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Extreme Speed
- Agility

Jolteon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Roost

Floatzel @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Punch
This team worked well especially after the implementation of Item Clause (just replaced LO on Floatzel with Waterium Z)
Oh and you may replace Thunder with Thunderbolt or Electroball whatever suits your needs
Just a suggestion, wouldn't you be better off with Scald over Poison Jab? I can't really think of any important targets which Poison Jab hits in the current meta, and with Scald you hit physically defensive stuff much harder and can also fish for burns.

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
and you when say i have bad results in 1v1 look now :-)
That's enough.

Your team won't be accepted. You have a 53.5% GXE. For the record, that's a terrible GXE, even by 1v1 standards. Your win/loss ratio is 73-64. That's barely a positive ratio. These factors should tell you that your team could use a LOT of improvement. You can ask 1v1 players on PS for help (such as Lost Heros or Quantum Tesseract) or you can look on the viability rankings to see what's good and what isn't. For starters, though? Stop being so arrogant about your team and maybe add another Pokemon. You can use three, I have no idea why you're using two.

If you're trolling us, then it sure as hell isn't funny. Have a good day. Sorry about the general harsh tone.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
1v1

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic / Protect

I am not sure if someone mentioned this set already or it is pretty well-known, but I am doing this anyway:

Moves:

First two moves are self-explanatory, and HP Ice is there to murder Garchomp, Landorus-T, and others:

252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 332-392 (92.9 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 348-412 (109 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 344-408 (103.9 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 364-432 (103.4 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Toxic is used against Golem to guarantee a win, assuming it will use Sucker Punch next turn after both 'mons are down to 1 HP after Flash Cannon and Earthquake (or Tectonic Rage), and has a little better chance against RestTalk Dusclops and Chansey. Protect can be used to block Salazzle's Fake Out and survive Inferno Overdrive. Also it can block Fake Out from Mega Lopunny when it gets released.

Set Details:

Max SpAtk is necessary BC I say so.
136 Speed ensures Magnezone outspeeds Golem in all circumstances.
Rest of EV's are into HP to increase the chance that Mega Charizard X dies to Flare Blitz recoil and the damage from taking Gigavolt Havoc.

Gigavolt Havoc:

252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 343-405 (113.9 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 313-370 (90.9 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magearna: 279-328 (92.6 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine: 378-445 (98.4 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain: 298-351 (106 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Thanks for terrain daddy.
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 520-613 (124.4 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salazzle: 471-555 (170 - 200.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Rest in fcking pieces

Replays:

VS Landorus-T
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-546757538

VS Tapu Koko
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-546758422
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-546760455
Honestly theres no way for Magnezone to lose against this Tapu

1v1

Sawk @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb
- Ice Punch / Earthquake
- Substitute

Moves:

Close Combat is STAB with Z move, Rock Toms is used to beat all variants of Charizard, Ice Punch is used to kill Dragons, and Earthquake is chosen if you hate Aegislash af. Substitute is used to block level 1 shenanigans as well as blocking Yawn from the likes of Snorlax and Stunfisk.

Knock Off, IMO pretty useless BC weakness policy, Mega stones, and Z-crystals are everywhere.

Set Details:

Why did I even make this section?

Calculations:

I will keep this short.
Both Megas of Charizard dies after Rock Tomb and All-Out-Pummeling.
Ice Punch can OHKO Garchomp and other things except the likes of Landorus-T. But using Rock Tomb should help achieving victory.

1v1

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker -> Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Moves:

Giga Impact's recoil is irrelevant due to 1v1's whole concepts, and it is just mandatory. Earthquake is used to OHKO Magnezone previous to Mega Evolution, and target Steel types. Quick Attack was chosen over Close Combat to win even when RNGsus decides to give you the worst damage roll possible. If you want giant middle finger to Heatran with Air Balloon, go for Close Combat. Swords Dance is mandatory to win against stallers and Mega Gyarados.

Set Details:

Calculations:

+1 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados-Mega: 465-547 (140.4 - 165.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 886-1044 (125.8 - 148.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 409-483 (137.7 - 162.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 306-360 (103 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross-Mega: 174-206 (57.8 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Probably gonna lose anyway.

252 Atk Mold Breaker Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 128-151 (50.9 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mold Breaker Pinsir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 380-448 (110.4 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

End

Last edited:
1v1

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic / Protect

I am not sure if someone mentioned this set already or it is pretty well-known, but I am doing this anyway:

Moves:

First two moves are self-explanatory, and HP Ice is there to murder Garchomp, Landorus-T, and others:

252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 332-392 (92.9 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 348-412 (109 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 344-408 (103.9 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 364-432 (103.4 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Toxic is used against Golem to guarantee a win, assuming it will use Sucker Punch next turn after both 'mons are down to 1 HP after Flash Cannon and Earthquake (or Tectonic Rage), and has a little better chance against RestTalk Dusclops and Chansey. Protect can be used to block Salazzle's Fake Out and survive Inferno Overdrive. Also it can block Fake Out from Mega Lopunny when it gets released.

Set Details:

Max SpAtk is necessary BC I say so.
136 Speed ensures Magnezone outspeeds Golem in all circumstances.
Rest of EV's are into HP to increase the chance that Mega Charizard X dies to Flare Blitz recoil and the damage from taking Gigavolt Havoc.

Gigavolt Havoc:

252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 343-405 (113.9 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 313-370 (90.9 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magearna: 279-328 (92.6 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine: 378-445 (98.4 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain: 298-351 (106 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Thanks for terrain daddy.
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 520-613 (124.4 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salazzle: 471-555 (170 - 200.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Rest in fcking pieces

Played 1v1 for like 2 days and got to 1500. Any suggestions for improvements? I will appreciate them as long as they are relevant and constructive.

Replays coming soon
Ok, this is what a 1v1 team should look like:

This is what yours looks like:

Can you spot the difference?

Or maybe you were looking for the creative sets thread which is just next door: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/creative-and-underrated-sets.3592203/

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Ok, this is what a 1v1 team should look like:

This is what yours looks like:

Can you spot the difference?
Fixed it. Thanks for reminder.

Volt Darkrai but my points :-)
Please stop. This is a thread where we post sample teams, discuss them, and give constructive advices.
Posting short messages that are irrelevant to this thread, I believe, isn't tolerated, and I suggest you to PM or talk in profile page if you want to privately discuss or ask something.

As VoltDarkrai mentioned you can always use OM chatroom in PS! for constructive advices, rather than posting 20- word messages and spamming this thread.

Good day.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Hey friends, just wanted to showcase a fun MnM team that I made a month or so ago

Since I am way too lazy to make an RMT, here is probably my favourite MnM team I have made to date. It's pretty bulky, but it has some unused mons that make it both interesting and fun, while also being nearly undefeated. Arceus Fairy begins the building process, and it is the best Arceus form in my opinion. Able to easily take on many of the threats that own the tier like Dragonite, Pheromosa, etc and being able to toxic mons like Pdon on the switch make it incredibly useful. Then Defog and Recovery is nice and standard. Dialga is a pretty unusual choice, and it has worked nicely setting up rocks and just being bulky. Its typing is nice to handle common pokemon like Golisopod, and with a high special attack, can threaten to dent most incoming pokemon. Toxicroak is so nice honestly. Pre-evo, it comes in directly on Golisopod, and can threaten a sweep right from there. It's niche is simply being able to break through most common defensive cores. Such as Arceus/Pdon/Zapdos, which I'll show with some calcs right now.

+2 252 Atk (Lucarionite) Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def (Venusaurite) Zapdos: 342-404 (89.2 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk (Lucarionite) Toxicroak Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 366-432 (90.8 - 107.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

and just for fun

+2 252 Atk (Lucarionite) Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Golisopod: 416-490 (117.5 - 138.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk (Lucarionite) Toxicroak Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 350-412 (83.3 - 98%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The biggest issue for Toxicroak other than pokemon that outspeed it, is ghost types. Ghostceus, and Giratina, which I'm noticing more on stall teams, don't care about sucker punch, and care even less about Poison/Fighting STAB, so that's why I recruited Yveltal to the team. A pherfect ghost switch in, able to threaten them out, as well as do massive damage to almost anything that comes in. It fits perfectly with the team. This Cress set is the brainchild of IT11 and myself trying to find an answer to two widely different, but common and scary af threats in the tier. Those being Kartana, and Geoxern. As you can see, the first four (and the last guy too) essentially lose to both geoxern, and Kartana (if it's using it's usual STAB + Sacred set). Red Orb cress seemed like a meme at first, but I assure you, it is far from it. It handles so much of the tier, moonlight gives 75% hp, which is just swell, and with the SPA boost, hp fire is actually doing some decent damage. Kartana is all but walled, but Geoxern? at +2, maybe even +3? Well that's where things get spicy. Psych Up on Cress turns xerneas from a threat, into counter-sweep material, and boy is it sweet. Cress also counter sweeps vs almost all Manaphy sets (Shout out QT smh) as well as beat some Calm Mind users like Blissey.

Although it's a different team, this replay showcases what Cress can do to a team. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-537115821

Finally, Hippowdon is the last pokemon, and idk why, but it works sooo well. I feel like non-rocks hippo is the best set, since it requires all 4 of these moves. The Electric immunity is so key, as it allows you to cut off momentum from volt switch. Pokemon like Magearna, Tapu Koko, Zapdos become food for the Hippo-sponge. Toxic cuts sweeps down immensely, and often times, getting off a toxic before a scary sweeper fully sets up can be the difference between winning and losing. Pokemon like Mimikyu become less of a problem thanks to Hippo, or else I'd be losing to that all day long. Anyway, that's the team. I hope people enjoy it as much as I did.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Toxicroak @ Lucarionite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost

Cresselia @ Red Orb
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
- Psych Up
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hippowdon @ Sablenite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 188 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Roar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)