OM Mashup Megathread

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
On account of the new spotlight, I'm gonna highlight a set that nobody has been using but which has done absolute wonders for me in STAAAB RU:

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock/Seismic Toss
- Anchor Shot
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Comes in safely on most any special attacker, and with a little bit of King's Shield mindgames can cripple incoming physical attackers as well. Can be outfitted for either keeping things in and whittling them down via Anchor Shot + Toxic or Seismic Toss, or a more utility-based version that rocks and then gets out most of the time.

Grassy Surge removes EQ threat pretty handily which is super nice.

Emboar is a terrifying threat to it (and everything) though so always carry a check to that

Speaking of Emboar, there are a lot of sets it can run and it's probably one of the best mons available with it's powerful V-create and good coverage options. Desolate Land, Adaptability, Tinted Lens, Magnet Pull, and Mold Breaker are the most obvious options for the immediate power they give, then there are sets like Magic Guard with head smash that stop Golisopod, one of Emboar's best checks, from switching in. Note that it also has access to Mach Punch and Sucker Punch if you want some priority. It even has Taunt to beat stuff like King's Shield.

I'd like to submit two pretty straightforward teams that can also be made into sample teams if they are approved. I've attached a write-up to both of them, and I'll also upload a replay for each of the teams. I will try to upload some more replays once I play some more games. Both of these teams were inspired by lolLlLcker69's rain team, especially the second team.

First up is a Sun team:
Replay
Replay #2
Uxie is the sun setter of choice. It's possible there are better sun setting leads out there, but I think a pivoting move is almost mandatory and access to Stealth Rocks is also very nice.
Pretty straightforward to use. Get in, setup Rocks or Knock something and then Uturn out. Can come in and Healing Wish lategame to restore one of your offensive mons to full health.

Escavalier is the fire check and web setter. It's possible that PrimSea Golisopod would be better in this role, but Golisopod doesn't get Pursuit, which lets Escavalier trap Choice-locked Fire types and Dark weak mons.

Pyroar is the main wincon. It exceeds 600 speed under sun, meaning that only priority moves and Trace users outspeed it. Sadly it can't get both dazzling AND chlorophyll, so priority users (and PrimSea/Delta stream users) should be taken out before sweeping. Even then, only Accelerock and Mach Punch should OHKO Pyroar from full, so it's safe from Aqua Jets and Bullet Punches which have been more common in my experience.

Emboar is the mold breaking wallbreaker, ensuring that this team doesnt lose to a Flash Fire Bug/Steel mon. Head Smash hits PrimSea Golisopod for good damage, ensuring it cant switch in freely.

Jolteon is the secondary wincon. It sets up its own Sun and outspeeds most of the unboosted metagame, meaning it can both wallbreak and sweep effectively. Weather Ball gives it a fire type move, while Tbolt and Grass Judgment let it deal with Water, Ground and Rock types.

Alternatively, Jolteon could run Pixilate/refrigerate for a Boomburst that hits Dragons SE, but it then loses the ability to set its own Sun, so Growth could be better off replaced with Volt Switch.

This team is kinda weak to Rock and Ground moves, but more offensive mons cant really switch into Pyroar, Jolteon and Emboar; while the ones that can can't really threaten Null. In general, Null should eat a hit or two and then Uturn into something that can OHKO the opposing mon. The rest are utility moves.

The second team is Rain:
Replay
Replay #2
Replay #3
Forretress is the primary rain setter. Can come in, setup or remove hazards and uturn out into a sweeper.

Golisopod can be used to cancel out Desoland and then uturn out. Can also act as a secondary wincon with SD + Aqua Jet lategame.

Goodra is the general special wall and Grass/Electric check. It can also live 2 attacks from + 3 Yanmega and phaze it out with DTail. Can switch into Noivern as well as it can take any 2 hits and OHKO with Icebeam.

Blastoise is a secondary spinner and Elecric check while also acting as a wallbreaker upon Mega-Evo.

Kingler is the main wincon, might need to be Jolly nature. SD up and spam Water stab, Aqua Jet if rain ends and you need to cleanup.

Rotom can switch into water type attacks and threaten with Thunder and Leaf Storm, or just revenge kill in general. Hurricane is secondary stab with 100% accuracy in rain. Volt switch for momentum, could be replaced with Ice beam to hit Dragons. I chose Rotom-F because of it's ground immunity, but Rotom-C might be a better option for dual anti Water STABs.

EDIT: Added a replay.
EDIT 2: Another replay.

Last edited:
Some suggestions on what mons to add to the viability rankings:

1) I think Golisopod deserves a spot in A+ by virtue of being THE best PrimSea user, while also being able to fill different niches. I don't think I've actually seen another PrimSea mon being used.
2) Yanmega should probably be at least A+ as well, as it's Triage set can sweep teams without an Unaware user or different dedicated check. It's probably not deserving of S tier as just running Minior is enough to stop it.

3) Type: Null deserves a mention as well. While Pory2 (The other bulky Eviolite Normal type) might be a better Unaware wall, Null gets access to U-turn, which lets it be a very good defensive pivot. I'd rank it at A, but i might be biased.

4) Heliolisk. While Jolteon is better than Helio in almost every way, Helio does get access to STAB boomburst with either Adaptability or Tinted Lens, while having all the same coverage options as Jolteon, so I could see it having a niche of its own. This is purely theoretical atm however as I haven't used it yet.

5) Pyroar is the best SpA Fire-type in the tier imo. It gets STAB Boomburst, Eruption and Blue Flare under sun as well as Solarbeam, which is excellent coverage. It can wallbreak with Desoland/Adaptability or be a Sun Sweeper with Chlorphyll. I've only used it as a Chlorophyll sweeper and it's been pretty good at Ohkoing mons, even unboosted. While it's not the best Fire type in STAAAB RU, it is the best special Fire type. If having a special attacking Fire type matters, I could see it being ranked in A; otherwise B is more appropriate imo.

6) Zydog also deserves a mention. Anyone who has played regular RU knows what Zydog does, but STAAAB makes it even better. It gets an actual ability in Adaptability, making 1kArrows hit harder and gets access to Spikes. Assuming you run dual STABs + Espeed, Spikes can be your fourth move that you use when expecting a mon that resists your 1kArrows. It also gets the ability to run Dragon Hammer over Outrage. I think it's a better Dragon than Tyrantrum and deserves a spot in A.

7) Diancie is also good as gets access to Moonlight and a lot of good abilities (PHeal, Water absorb, Sandstream, Levitate...). My fav has been Water Absorb (with Toxic) as it completely nullifies Golisopods without Drill Run and M-Blastoise, who can't even keep rocks off the field since it's usually faster. Not sure where I'd rank it though.

8) You already mentioned Forretress, but it is also the best rain setter for rain teams, so Drizzle should be added to his list of abilities.

9) Uxie is the other weather/terrain setter. It can either run Drought on sun teams, or Psychic Surge for Psyspam teams with Hoopa as the Psychic seed + Unburden sweeper. I'd say it deserves A as it's the best at what it does.

I'd like to submit this idea for a sand based Staab RU team. Here are the sets.

Armaldo, obviously is the lead mon here, with the ability to set up hazards, set up the sandstorm, remove hazards and then switch.
Kingler is one of the main offensive Pokemon on this team. Able to deal good damage with a strong water STAB and a Choice Band, it then has its speed doubled by Sand Rush, enabling it to outspeed a fair few Pokemon and deal a lot of damage.
Gigalith is the main tank for the team, able to soak up physical and special damage quite well, especially when the Sandstorm is up. It's basically a classic staaab regenvest set.
Minior is the next offensive mon on the team. Dazzlesmash is a very overpowered strategy and I tried to capitalise on it with a Mon that wouldn't take sandstorm damage, as that would nullify the strategy completely.
Mantine is essentially a check for the situations where a psea or desoland user comes in and eliminates the sandstorm. It can also be used as a secondary tank, being able to take hits easily.
Finally, Rotom-Mow is coverage against the main threats to this team: Water, grass and ground. It can also act as a switch in for Mantine incase a threatening Electric Pokemon like Jolteon comes up.

I will post a replay once I've got one.
EDIT: The replay is here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-885446146

Last edited:
For the STAAABmons RU VR, I think Mandibuzz should be considered for A rank as one of the best defensive units. With Delta Winds it can augment its solid 110/105/95 mixed bulk by effectively removing all its weaknesses other than Fairy, while it still has helpful immunities to ground and psychic. Foul Play allows it to do decent direct damage to physical attackers regardless of a mediocre and uninvested attack stat, or it gains access to Beak Blast to cripple them with a burn. Some players are running other abilities, such as Flash Fire to switch into V-create and somewhat make up for its inability to burn Fire mons, or Poison Heal.

Did someone say Unburden Hoopa? Guess that's my cue to start dumping teams.

Uxie @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psycho Boost
- Toxic

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psycho Boost
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Hoopa @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Moongeist Beam
- Psystrike
- Thunderbolt

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Sunsteel Strike
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Tsareena @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Trop Kick

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Steam Eruption
- Thunder Wave
Uxie is my setter of choice due to the Stealth Rock/U-turn combo and ability to take advantage of the terrain's power boosting to potentially KO something that's been chipped mid/late game.
Alolan Raichu's unique type combination allows it both pivoting with Volt Switch and a nuke in the form of Psycho Boost, and while it's Adaptability at the moment I might change it to Tinted Lens soon for better damage on Registeel. Espeon is an even stronger alternative, losing Volt Switch but gaining options such as -ate Boomburst and Judgement.
Hoopa is the muscle of the team with it's disappointing 70 base speed getting double along with a buff to it's already impressive defense allowing it to survive hard hits like specs Noivern's Boomburst. Nasty Plot with Moongeist Beam and Psystrike has few switch ins outside of normal type Unaware, and Thunderbolt lets it hit Mandibuzz that aren't Delta Stream.
Metagross is a second strong sweeper with Tough Claws to boost it's power and Scarf to make up for it's low speed, I might try Power Up Punch Unburden Metagross soon though.
Tsareena was my spinner of choice due to access to both U-turn and Knock Off with Regenerator and Assault Vest complementing it's natural bulk nicely.
Slowbro was my choice for switching in to Emboar with the added bonus of annoying Refrigerate Jolteon due to having Volt Absorb. Future Sight can also help with breaking defensive mons.
Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-876036178https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-876088187https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-877492933
And while I'm at it
Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Kingler @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Forretress @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Heal Order

Minior (Minior-Blue) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Diamond Storm
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Steam Eruption
- Seed Flare

Noivern @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Super Fang
- Boomburst
- Taunt
- U-turn
I've also been using Forretress for Drizzle because of recovery, rocks and Rapid Spin.
Clawitzer was the strongest option for Specs Spout with the bonus of having U-turn. Seriously, it can OHKO Florges.
Kingler seems to be the best swimmer in the tier with other coverage options like Stomping Tantrum and Superpower rounding out it's movepool and it's decent speed allowing it to outspeed mons like Unburden Hoopa.
Rotom was originally an Electric Surge Raichu but I decided to switch since I never really used it much and Rotom really has the perfect movepool for the job.
Super Fang Noivern is a set I've always wanted to try somewhere and combined with Taunt it lets Noivern pressure the bulky mons intended to check it then U-turn out when they switch.
Minior is a mon I was initially terrified by the prospect of but after seeing it in use feel a bit more at ease with it being in the tier as it loses to rocks, Unaware, and certain sets like Grassy Surge/Levitate Registeel or Mold Breaker Emboar with Mach Punch. I still sweep with it all the time, but I can do that in StAAAb OU as well. Should serve as a decent check to Desolate Land mons on this team.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-876567782https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-876572588https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-876899174https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-876903225https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-876901819

Hey, after I heard STAAABmons RU was the new spotlight, I went ahead and created a sample team.
It is a Sticky Web HO team.
Importable: https://pokepast.es/543f834f2ebee23b
Araquanid acts as the main Sticky Web setter that can pressure most Defoggers due to Water Bubble, Hoopa acts as a fantastic special wallbreaker and spinblocker because of Tinted Lens and Choice Specs, Emboar is the physical wallbreaker that easily can rip most Pokemon apart from bulky Water and Rock-types due to its STAB V-Create, Choice Band and Desolate Land, Yanmega is another special wallbreaker and sweeper that uses Tail Glow to nuke threats and almost always move first due to Triage, Golisopod is a physical sweeper that uses Swords Dance and Primordial Sea to blow back many Water-weak threats, and lastly Minior is the coup de grace, acting as a sweeper with Shell Smash while not worrying about priority (except from Mold Breaker 'mons), due to Dazzling.
Please give me your honest opinion and tell me any changes you think I should make (b/c this is my 1st OM team)

Last edited:

Best Gal

I wanted to share a couple more STAAAB RU sets that I have been using recently that I think are pretty neat~

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpD / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Power Whip

Decidueye is one of my favorite Emboar checks right now. Despite facing competition in the Grass/Ghost slot from things like Dhelmise and Gourgeist, which are much more defensive and thus probably better suited for switching in on Emboar, neither of them can hit it back all that hard. Decidueye has access to Flying moves that can threaten the baconator.

Speed EVs are to outspeed a 252 Spe Adamant Emboar, as that only hits 229 speed. Flash Fire and Ghost typing avoid its' stabs, and it resists Wild Charge if it's carrying that.

Rest of the EVs are definitely suboptimal so somebody smarter could fiddle around with those for better success. I don't think it matters much, though.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Toxic
- Recover
- Dragon Tail

I know that Cress is probably better, but I think Milotic does just fine in a lot of cases. Milotic struggles against things that hit physically and Jolteon, but it can cover one specific niche that Cress can't, and that's phazing, with access to Dragon Tail. This can clean up things that try to set up on Milo, such as, well, Calm Mind Cress, and it also means that it can put opponents in pretty uncomfortable situations. It can't be statused except by the random Mold Breaker mon which is pretty nice.

Jolteon @ Chill Drive
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Techno Blast
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch

Jolteon is probably the best non-fire Desolate Land abuser we have, but I think it might also be the best non-water Primordial Sea abuser as well. 100% accurate Thunder is the name of the game here, and it hits like a truck. Careful of switchins from things like Golisopod, Kingler, or even Barbaracle or Carracosta- basically, things that carry Aqua Jet and will hit you hard in your own weather.

Techno Blast over Judgment because Knock Off hurts it less and we don't need the extra PP, and Chill Drive is less useful for the opponent than Icicle Plate in a hypothetical Trick scenario (though I can't see that happening, really). If you're worried about the PP, go for Judgment instead, but I don't think it's worth it.

Volt Switch is excellent for momentum, but Shadow Ball or really any coverage move is great there too.

I think I'm gonna fool around with Roserade pretty soon because that mon looks like it may have some really really neat sets.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
A threat that a lot of people are sleeping on is our little doggo friend that becomes extremely threatening (dare I say broken) in this STAAAB RU mess of a tier. Here is what I am talking about:

Zygarde-10% @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

The classic Hustle + Coil set that wrecked havoc in the AAA metagame back when Zygarde-50% was allowed (even Zydog can still abuse it to quite some success today), this mon really lacks solid checks apart from the sturdiest of walls such as Unaware Cresselia or Porygon2 (Hustle Outrage still does a shit ton). Thankfully, we do have checks such as Refridge Arcanine and Triage Golisopod but still I feel Zydog is something we need to keep a look onto. CB Adaptability is also an extremely viable option too.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Magic Guard / Magic Bounce / Drizzle
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Dark Pulse / Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Blastoise also gets some small upgrades via a powerful Laucher boosted Origin Pulse and some useful pre-mega abilities that can help it come in more safely. Not much more to showcase here as maybe certain moveslots can be shifted around and such.

Meta is quite unbalanced tho for sure. Stuff like Emboar necessitate Fire immunes / resists on every team and even then the options are further limited when concerning it can use its secondary STAB to break. Also breakers like Noivern, Minior, and Pangoro are pretty nuts.

Best Gal

A few more sets for STAAAB RU.

I didn't come up with this set, credit goes to Meloettazz for it, but it's pretty amazing~

Roserade @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Forest's Curse
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Forest's Curse + Sludge Wave is a solid combo that deals with most things at +1 SpAtk. Forest's Curse + HP Fire deals with steel types pretty well, too, though it doesn't OHKO any except Escavalier and Forre (both of which can carry flash fire, so it's best to deal with them ahead of time).

At +1 you reach a delicious 459 Speed which outpaces every non-scarfed mon in the tier (except Ninjask, I guess?) by a solid margin. You beat out the random Scarf Mowtom, and Adaptability Sludge Wave or Seed Flare easily OHKO or 2HKO even the bulkiest things outside of, like, Registeel.

If you can get off Z-Forest's, you're taking two mons at least usually.

Even if Forest's Curse gets Magic Bounced, for instance by Cresselia, you can still 2HKO it with Sludge Wave and you don't die to a single hit from Psystrike.

Triage mons are a huge threat though so I'd worry about that before just slamming it down.

Another mon I've been making use of is a little bit less niche than that, I think it's really solid.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes/Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web

Being able to set webs and tspikes with a solid speed tier, not having to worry about Magic Bounce, and being able to knock off things from bouncers is really useful. I think it's actually super underrated in comparison to some of its' contemporaries that set webs, like Araquanid, Galvantula, Forretress, and Golisopod.

Taunt is really really good against opposing hazard setters, so you can run that over tspikes if you prefer.

EVs are probably not super solid on this one, running calcs isn't my strong suit so I never optimize well, but this tanks EQ from LO Tyrantrum so defensive bulk is nothing to scoff at:
252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 182-216 (52.9 - 62.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 226-266 (65.6 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also Drapion is considerably cooler than other setters

This set might not actually be a meme but I definitely made it to be one when I started

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- High Jump Kick
- V-create
- Head Smash

Final Gambit is so good with that much HP, if you think Emboar isn't doing enough with its' many strong moves then

you should probably be using the Band set. But this hits things like FF Cress, so...you decide if it's good!

Magic Guard prevents Recoil and also means it can switch in on hazards and status moves without worry.

You will likely OHKO anything silly enough to switch in on this. Works best with Pursuit support from a decently fast mon like Honchkrow so you can kill things that live Gambit like Cresselia and Porygon2.

If Rapid Spinners like Porygon2, Type: Null, and Snorlax are pissing you off, don't worry! I've got just the mon for you.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Force
- Toxic
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Come in on things that try to spin or do something bounce-able, and then proceed to annoy the shit out of them for a while. It sounds bad, but it really works. In my replay in the spoiler below, I actually do stuff with it (and I didn't even play optimally).

Banette is actually a real threat~

My last set of the day is definitely a meme so don't worry about it
EDIT: It's also not even legal because I didn't know bdrum was restricted, whoops

queen (Swellow) (F) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Explosion
- Dragon Ascent
- Frustration

heres a replay as my proof its good ok:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-878388394

Emboar probably needs to be banned.

Last edited:
So, in theory, if Emboar was banned, the next best V-creaters would be Arcanine and Icineroar. Here are some sets I thought up for each mon:

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp

Incineroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Sucker Punch
- Hone Claws
- U-turn

A few more possible items would be the White Herb, a Choice Scarf and a Choice Band (different sets obviously required with the choice items).

Best Gal

Piggybacking on MediaFire's post, I think that Incineroar has some cool techs that Emboar doesn't have access to. And since Emboar is probably its' biggest threat right now, it'd flourish.

As a matter of fact, it already might have a niche. Access to Acrobatics means that if you're feeling ballsy you can hit Emboar on a switch-in, and Dark STAB kills all of the best Emboar checks with not much effort. Access to U-turn or Parting Shot means that you're gonna be getting momentum whenever you want.

Incineroar @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Acrobatics
- Throat Chop
- U-turn/Parting Shot

Acrobatics only functions well when there's no item (toyed with Unburden on this set, but that's much too gimmicky), and you can definitely just...not run one, but this is probably the best item for it if you were gonna run one. V-create stat drops are annoying.

If you're concerned about power, Darkest Lariat is better than Throat Chop, and Knock Off is better on the first hit, but Boomburst is prevalent in this meta and this can put a stop to that. And, honestly, Throat Chop is still 80 base power, so I wouldn't worry about power, since it's close to optimal anyways.

U-turn is better against defensive switch-ins that don't care about Parting, Parting is better against offensive switch-ins that wanna kill you dead. U-turn is usually better in most cases though.

252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 224-268 (50.4 - 60.3%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Incineroar U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 100-118 (22.5 - 26.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
Handles Cress pretty well.

252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Palossand: 240-284 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And Palo too.

252+ Atk Incineroar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Golisopod: 138-164 (38.9 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Incineroar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Golisopod: 180-214 (50.8 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Golisopod: 132-156 (37.2 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
No reason why they'd ever be max bulk but there's the calc on that as well as max HP Goli

252+ Atk Incineroar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Emboar: 342-404 (80.8 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar V-create vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Emboar: 280-330 (66.1 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Never stay in on Emboar, but if you can catch it in a switch you're guaranteed to 2HKO.

252+ Atk Incineroar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 152-180 (40.6 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 224-264 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Incineroar U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 49-58 (13.1 - 15.5%) -- possible 7HKO
Throat Chop is ideal here, but Acro does fine too.

252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dhelmise: 252-300 (73.2 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Incineroar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dhelmise: 174-206 (50.5 - 59.8%) -- 26.6% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
hypothetically if you run across a PHeal Dhelmise you still kill it dead without much issue without even clicking vc (in case you're worried about another ff or primsea mon they could pivot out to)

252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 102-120 (28.8 - 33.8%) -- 97.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
FF Forre poses the biggest threat to Incin, despite not stopping Boar, like, at all. So they definitely don't always overlap

252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Escavalier: 170-200 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Incineroar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Escavalier: 116-137 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Incineroar U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Escavalier: 36-43 (10.4 - 12.5%) -- possible 8HKO
FF Esca, rare as it is, also gets dealt with by Throat Chop.

252+ Atk Incineroar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Blastoise: 121-143 (39 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Blastoise: 176-208 (56.7 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Incineroar U-turn vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Blastoise: 77-91 (24.8 - 29.3%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
This is Regular stoise, not Megastoise. 44 HP is currently the most common EV spread floating around, but below are calcs for 252 HP as well.

252+ Atk Incineroar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blastoise: 121-143 (33.4 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Incineroar Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blastoise: 176-208 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Incineroar U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blastoise: 77-91 (21.2 - 25.1%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO
Megastoise is only a bit more bulkier. If you're worried about it you can run the calcs yourself, but I don't think it's necessary

While I'm here, I wanna drop another set I like. I dropped a calc for it earlier, too.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spirit Shackle/Spectral Thief
- Strength Sap
- Substitute

An excellent Emboar check. Spirit Shackle can guarantee you choke the life out of some poor mon, but Spectral can prevent you from getting swept like a lil bitch so it's not a bad choice

Lastly, here's a set I think has a bit of potential but I'm not sure what to do with:

Golem-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Nuzzle
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Plasma Fists

Nuzzle is really annoying to deal with, and it's no slouch at dishing out damage. A defensive set might be better, too, I'm not sure.

Sorry for my incredible inactivity lately. I’ve been very busy.

Firstly, I would like to talk about the Mix and Mega metagames and how the Lando-T ban affected them.

Mix and MegAAA: meme

Stab n’ Mega: Now this is clearly the metagame that was affected most by the ban, with Landot being one of the if not the most prominent Pokemon in the tier (unless you’re using NOC stall). The ban will affect the tier in a good. And bad way. While Celesteela and Skarmory are still excellent Pokemon, the urgent need of them will decrease. GodBlim usage will increase, and its insane overpreppedidity (deal with it) will become rediculous. Archeops becomes the main Ascent spammer, with Lucarionite Thundurus still being put in the shade as a fast physical sweeper. Thousand Arrows might be worth considering an unban for, but Pdon is still here so.... Meloetta flourishes as ever, often finding it easier to come in and force Pokemon out. Finally Infernape finds a place in the tier.

LC MnM: Unaffected

AG MnM: Unaffected, and I swear I will find a way to make it work.

Now onto the spotlight STAAAB RU.

Certainly an odd choice: picking an RU meta as a spotlight, but I’m not criticising: it looks really fun! Honestly, Emboar needs to go. It has fair too powerful moves and attack. Alternatively, V-Create could go. While undiscussed, I think this would be a lot better for the tier rather than just letting other V-Create users run wild. Honestly, I would find myself putting stuff like Flash Fire Florges to deal with V-Create while still beating IncineRAWR and Arcanine. It’s unhealthily strong, IMO, and should be damn SACKED.

Now onto Pure Hackman (the Hackman llama Ransei, y Ransei es muy muy intelligente).

Love CFZ spam. Now that people actually use it (thank you Ransei the Hackman), I find it a lot easier to run dumb steel type lures.

I still love PH. I love how annoying it is to get swept by icemaster, how very confusing it is to finding you lost after three turns vs Ransei, I love just how amazing disciple it. By I really love Primal Groudon, and that’s what I’m gonna be talking about now.

Primal Groudon is a huge threat in the Pure Hackman’s metagame, with it’s many sets, each more devastating than the last. It has self improofing Wonder Guard sets, Photon, Sunsteel and Moongeist Shell Smash Pure Power spam, self improofing CFZ spam, Mold Breaker literally any move spam, etc. It’s a fun Pokemon to use, and not fun to face, just like any decent Pokemon should be. Here are some sets:

Moldy Breaker

Groudon-Primal @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker / Teravolt / Turboblaze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature / Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create
- Spore

Pretty self-explanatory, you get a shell smash then sweep. Be warned of Powder Scizor

Shadow Tag

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Sacred Fire / V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Gear Grind

Traps any steels and sets up for a Metagross sweep

Self-Improofed Wonder Guard

Groudon-Primal @ Earth Plate
Ability: Wonder Guard
Naive Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Judgment
- Lava Plume
- Shell Smash

Set up a shell smash and kill stuff. Also, yknow, be immune to half the meta.

CFZ Spam self-improof

Groudon-Primal @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extreme Evoboost
- Searing Sunraze Smash
- V-Create
- Shore Up

Favourite set, and I was beaten by it in the Pure Hackman’s Smogon tour by ice-master-523 gg, but it’s a great annoying Pokemon for late cleaning

Pure Power set up spam

Groudon-Primal @ Lum Berry / Safety Goggles
Ability: Pure Power / Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Substitue / Spore
- Sunsteel Strike
- Thousand Arrows

Die various metagame Pokemon!

These are all great sets, very easy at sweeping, forcing out, trapping and killing, leading or just, like good for when you want stuff to die.

Thus I am nominating Primal Groudon to S rank.

Well, that’s Pure Hackman’s done, and the post done, except that...

Revive AAA Ubers

I agree with GΔCT, Boop, Funbot and Roldski, Emboar needs to go. Its V-Create under Desolate Land is so absurdly strong, even bulky resists take a ton from it.
Take a look at these calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic in Harsh Sunshine: 292-344 (74.1 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Water Bubble Araquanid in Harsh Sunshine: 267-315 (78.5 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mantine in Harsh Sunshine: 344-405 (91.9 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro in Harsh Sunshine: 235-277 (59.6 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pyukumuku in Harsh Sunshine: 208-246 (66.2 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar V-create vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Regirock in Harsh Sunshine: 166-196 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gigalith in Harsh Sunshine: 277-327 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you don't run a mon with Flash Fire or Primordial Sea, you're basically fucked. This is why I am in full support of a BAN for Emboar. And yes, I am aware there are other sets for Emboar, but this one broken set means it is too unhealthy for this meta.

With STAAABmons RU now having a common tour code, it seems like there is an anomaly with the STAAABmons metas in which Zygarde-10% is legal in STAAABmons RU but banned in the official OU version of the meta. I believe this ban was unintentional in STAAABmons OU, and -Zygarde is also redundant now due to the 50% forme having been banned recently in OU itself.

drampa's grandpa would you please consider updating the STAAABmons tour code to this? (This also makes the Thundurus-Therian ban effective.)

/tour new gen7STABmons,elimination,32,1
/tour autostart 10
/tour rules -Thundurus-Therian, -Archeops, -Dragonite, -Hoopa-Unbound, -Keldeo, -Regigigas, -Shedinja, -Slaking, -Terrakion, +Tapu Lele, +Porygon Z, +Aegislash, +Genesect, +Landorus, +Metagrossite, +Naganadel, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Huge Power, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Simple, -Speed Boost, -Stakeout, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, Ignore Illegal Abilities, Ability Clause
/tour name [Gen 7] STAAABmons

Regarding Emboar in STAAABmons RU, it seems like there is a good basis for a ban, but is the problem purely with Emboar or would continuing to allow VCreate lead to something like Arcanine or Incineroar replacing it?

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I've updated some tour code.
-STAAABmons RU should now be in the repository (under unofficial)

-I also updated some of the camo-related metagames as they have more efficient ways of being coded. Notably in CAAAmomons we can now use AAA as a base, which means things like Protean Greninja or Huge Power Azurill will be legal (if you feel like using them) and some new metas have been added.

-Let's Go BH and Let's Go PH have been removed as those metagames no longer are possible as we knew them (they had abilities when they were coded lol). If it comes up I won't object to adding them back in but I haven't seen any demand and honestly after the LCotM I don't think it's best to just let them die.

That's all for now

Alright, time to put our boy to rest.

'

This Wednesday starts our suspect for Emboar.
Because Staaab Ru isn't a actually meta you can get ELO for, Its been decided that the winners of several tours will get the ability to Vote in the Suspect.
The First tour is the first day of the suspect.
Its starts 4:00 pm est​

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright, time to put our boy to rest.

View attachment 167159
'

This Wednesday starts our suspect for Emboar.
Because Staaab Ru isn't a actually meta you can get ELO for, Its been decided that the winners of several tours will get the ability to Vote in the Suspect.
The First tour is the first day of the suspect.
Its starts 4:00 pm est​
The first suspect test tournament had a total of three users. Personally, this was less than I had hoped so we'll be going for another suspect tournament later on in the day.

The winner of our first suspect tournament was The Number Man. Congratulations! You are now able to vote for whether or not Emboar should be banned.

Finals replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-882999946

The next suspect tournament will begin at 9 PM EST!

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The first suspect test tournament had a total of three users. Personally, this was less than I had hoped so we'll be going for another suspect tournament later on in the day.

The winner of our first suspect tournament was The Number Man. Congratulations! You are now able to vote for whether or not Emboar should be banned.

Finals replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-882999946

The next suspect tournament will begin at 9 PM EST!
This tour was hosted but due to complications with counterteaming, nobody received reqs. Apologies for the failure to disable scouting throughout the duration tournament. It had a decent amount of players too, at 7. All future suspect tests will be sure to have scouting disabled.

Wrk5646

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)