Project OM Mashup Megathread

If you're going to use a Flying STAB, why not Dual Wingbeat? It hits twice like Dragon Darts and doesn't have a stat drop. Although it does have an accuracy less than 100% and makes contact twice, I think it might edge out in this case since running into a Static Zapdos or something in the late game is going to be very unlikely.
Oh I forgot about it thought d ascent might be better I'll change it now thank you :D

:solgaleo::vileplume:TS AAA ANNOUNCEMENT:talonflame::solgaleo:
Talonflame has been banned, Solgaleo has been unbanned, and Sleep Move Clause has been implemented!
:talonflame:: Thanks to its near-unresisted Fire/Flying STAB combo and 156 speed, Talonflame was an incredibly overbearing threat to defense and offense alike, the former having to sacrifice valuable defensive utility in the builder for checks like Flash Fire Steels and the often underwhelming Rock-types (which were liable to getting worn down by U-Turn variants with hazards), the latter often being unable to revenge kill it thanks to its decent bulk and resistance to the most common priority move in Grassy Glide. Talonflame's most powerful attribute was Swords Dance, which could easily clean up teams that were even slightly chipped and didn't have one of its specific checks.

:vileplume: Sleep Move Clause :jynx:: Sleep allowed multiple Pokemon, the most notable of which being Vileplume, to bypass any losing match up by simply incapacitating the opponent. This would invalidate defense-leaning teammates which were needed to check other offensive threats on the sleep user's team, and would halt any offensive momentum that the opposition would've had. Originally, only Vileplume was to be banned, but it was discovered that other sleep abusers such as Jynx and Lilligant also abused sleep to a similar effect. Sleep as a whole has been deemed uncompetitive and has no place in this metagame.

:solgaleo:: Simply worse than Metagross in nearly every way, barring its access to better coverage and healing.

In addition to our recent bans, we have compiled a watch list of possible bans and unbans in the future. We'd like to hear out others outside of the council before taking any further action on these Pokemon.

Potential Unbans
:bellossom:: Lost access to its most potent weapon in sleep. May still be overwhelming with its respectable bulk and access to Quiver Dance and Strength Sap.
:zamazenta:: Is noticeably faster than other Fighting-types in the tier, but lacks any other notable traits.

Potential Bans
:marowak:: An incredibly powerful breaker that lacks any true defensive counterplay barring Skarmory and Buzzwole, the latter having been recently nerfed with its new placement in OU. Good defenses and defensive typing, but can have trouble coming in due to its low speed.
:magnezone: Magnet Pull: Allows Pokemon that are otherwise kept in check by Steels to run wild. Uncompetitive by nature and is made more dangerous by the fact that the opponent can't know that you're running it at team preview.

Unfortunately, we must end on a sour note: as of today, Eggs has stepped down from the TSAAA council. We thank him for his contributions to the tier. In his stead, diseased rodent will be joining the council. We hope to see more developments in this tier soon!

A summary of AAA Doubles ladder from tier dictator
:ss/mew: :ss/zapdos: :ss/alcremie: :ss/shuckle: :ss/amoonguss: :ss/oranguru:
Prankster
In addition to the usual Tailwind, Prankster has some more uses in the ladder with After You always allowing spread attackers such as Kyurem or Heatran to move first, Decorate to boost its ally's offense stats, Guard Split to usually allow Pokemon with high HP such as Chansey to be ridiculously difficult to KO. While this has been well established by now, Amoonguss gets to use priority Spore for any team that isn't prepared for it and Oranguru used Instruct to repeat the same attack on Psyspam teams. The best way to stop Prankster is with Prankster through Taunt or the more niche Imprison. If you have noticed a pattern, most of the uses of Prankster in AAA Doubles either don't target or are used on its ally therefore Psychic Terrain and Dazzling cannot affect it. It does seem like Prankster has greatly shaped AAA Doubles and I may take action on Prankster later down the line. Still, if Prankster gets banned, it does raise a concern that it will greatly impact the format, and Weather teams would be more uncontrollable.

:ss/kommo-o: :ss/chansey:
Water Compaction
Water Compaction is used in conjunction with Water Shuriken to gain at least +4 Defense boosts that go well with Body Press users such as Kommo-o or Chansey. This is more likely to get banned than Prankster if I'm being honest.

:ss/volcarona: :ss/lilligant:
Dancer
One thing that surprised me is Dancer because any attempt on room tournaments didn't quite work out. Bulky special attackers such as Kyurem or Tapu Fini appreciate getting Quiver Dance and a free Fiery Dance. However, it doesn't fare well against more offense-oriented teams or Trick Room and any Dance attack targets randomly. It isn't too likely for Dancer to receive the banhammer treatment, but it's definitely something to watch out for.

:ss/mantine:
Water- and Electric-immunity abilities
As expected, Surf and Discharge were used on teams that have Storm Drain or Lightning Rod as it targets the ally to grant some Special Attack boosts. While this isn't to say it's not effective unless you get paralyzed, It really feels more like a fad than anything else therefore I currently have no plans to take action on these abilities. I somehow forgot about it, I do have to wonder why I did.

:ss/genesect:
Genesect
While versatile, Genesect doesn't be too overwhelming so far. Not much to add really.

:ss/archeops:
Arcehops
lol it is still barely used

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Also in case you're wondering, Urshifu-Rapid suspect test will be delayed until December. Other than that, my previous post still stands. If there's any Pokemon and Ability you think it's good or broken, feel free to post about it. Furthermore, while it's always been open, I'm looking for more members to join the AAA Doubles council, if you're interested in joining, PM me.

Last edited:
Let's talk about Ultra Mix.
For any of you who don't know, Ultra Mix is a combination of Almost Any Ability, Alphabet Cup Move Legality, Camomons, Mix and Mega, Scalemons Mod, Tier Shift Mod. (Also OM Mashups's current spotlight!).

Ultra Mix seems like a lot to take in, but it's really not that hard. If you know each meta, you know the whole thing. Almost any Pokémon can be almost anything you want it to be. You want a Dark/Normal Xurkitree with Misty Surge and a Pinsirite? You got it. You want a Steel/Flying Appletun with Skill Link and a Gyaradosite? You got it. You want a Dark/Poison Bergmite with Download and a Medichamite? You g—oh wait Medichamite is banned, never mind, you don't got it.
Enough of my rambling, lets get into some actual sets.

:ss/whismur:
W = Win, W = Whismur, Whismur = Win?!?

Whismur @ Swampertite
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 176 Atk / 208 SpA / 124 Spe
Mild Nature
- Water Spout
- Wicked Blow
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

This thing is an absolute nuke. It's especially good because it outspeeds overflow with Swift Swim activated, can't be walled by physical walls or special walls that don't resist both of its STAB attacks due to it being a mixed set, and can revenge kill with Water Shuriken if it needs to.
Its only counters are other weather setters, types that resist both of its STAB attacks (Ice Beam is just there for very niche situations), and (maybe?) priority. There's probably another one I'm forgetting…let's just not.

:ss/oranguru:
Monke

Oranguru @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat

Originally brought to my attention by gmfc, this monkey gets access to Oblivion Wing, an extremely busted move, made even more busted by the ability Triage (+3 Priority to all healing moves). Just set up two Nasty Plots and bing bong opponent gone. It also gets access to Overheat for any and all Steel types it might encounter (Which, trust me, there are gonna be a lot). In my opinion, ban Oblivion Wing. A lot of the other draining moves are weak plus not a lot of good abusers, making Triage much less game-breaking than Oblivion Wing.
It gets walled by most Electric types, and all the type combinations that resist electric and flying, plus aren't weak to overheat, are either pure electric or pure garbage. Also maybe like electric/fairy or steel dragon?

:ss/munna:
Am I dreaming?

Munna @ Sablenite
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Milk Drink
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

This thing just doesn't take damage, and being weak to only 2 types, one of which is almost never used in Camomons, really helps. Dauntless Shield + CM, Stored Power, Moonblast, and Rest (Milk Drink here because it gets Magic Bounce after mega evolving and to grant Spectral Thief immunity) is a common set for mons in other OMMs (ex. Gothitelle/Cresselia in TSAAA), so I thought, why not take it to Ultra Mix? This thing serves as a special wall, a physical wall, and a breaker simultaneously.
The only things (that I can think of right now) that can break this thing are scarf Ditto (only after it's at +6, because it can be PP stalled otherwise & Munna has higher HP than Ditto) and Wicked Blow (Wimpod, Whismur, Wartortle, Whirlipede).

:ss/ditto:
Amogus

Ditto is normally sub-par in other formats and only shines in niche situations, but in Ultra Mix, Ditto actually does something (omg amazing right?). Two factors make it better in Ultra Mix than in other formats. 1) Most of the mons used in this format have very low HP, and one of Ditto's drawbacks is that it keeps its own HP. Now it doesn't have to worry about that due to said low-HP mons. 2) Ditto copies the mega boosts as well, so it can run any item it would like and still get the boosts from a mega stone.

Those are all the sets I'm sharing for now, but I will drop a few ideas for sets you could make!

:pawniard: Sand Stream + Steelixite/Garchompite :dugtrio:
:frosmoth: Drought + Houndoominite :lampent:
:reuniclus: Psychic Surge + Agility/Autotomize/Rock Polish/Dragon Dance :delibird:
:brionne: Boomburst -ate Spam (Bellossom, Blastoise, Brionne, Bulbasaur, Butterfree, Roselia :butterfree:
:farfetchd: Any Magic Guard Life Orb user :magneton:
:munchlax: Curse Munchlax + Rest & Slowbronite :munchlax:
:wimpod: Wicked Blow Wimpod :wimpod:
:stunky: Stunky and Slowbro have some interesting stats + the letter S :slowbro:
:mienfoo: Lopunnite Mienfoo (Multi-Attack, Close Combat, Filler, Swords Dance) :mienfoo:

That's all for now!

Let's talk about Ultra Mix.
For any of you who don't know, Ultra Mix is a combination of Almost Any Ability, Alphabet Cup Move Legality, Camomons, Mix and Mega, Scalemons Mod, Tier Shift Mod. (Also OM Mashups's current spotlight!).
(A note that this looks horrendous on dark mode)

There's one question I have: what order do the stat-boosting mods come in? I assume it's TS->Scale->MnM but I thought I'd ask to clarify anyways.

Prankster, Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, Water Compaction, and King's Rock have been banned in AAA Doubles!
1636272953428.png

:thundurus:
It's decided that Prankster will be quickbanned in AAA Doubles with its wide appliances thus having an overcentralizing presence in the format. Here's the recap below.
In addition to the usual Tailwind, Prankster has some more uses in the ladder with After You always allowing spread attackers such as Kyurem or Heatran to move first, Decorate to boost its ally's offense stats, Guard Split to usually allow Pokemon with high HP such as Chansey to be ridiculously difficult to KO. While this has been well established by now, Amoonguss gets to use priority Spore for any team that isn't prepared for it and Oranguru used Instruct to repeat the same attack on Psyspam teams.
As time went on, it's abundantly clear that Prankster's momentum isn't stopping anytime soon so it's opted to ban Prankster itself instead of the moves that take advantage of it as it's simpler and solved the majority of the issues. Fortunately, there's Gale Wing for Tailwind but it is far less consistent.

:groudon-primal: :kyogre-primal:
Another overwhelming element in AAA Doubles happens to be Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. In addition to the bonuses their respective weather provided, these abilities also come with type immunity that cannot be negated by Mold Breaker and any normal weather cannot override it. These were more overwhelming in the Doubles setting since the user can be paired with its ally such as Chlorophyll Heatran. For their qualities, Desolate Land and Primordial Sea will both be banned from AAA Doubles, especially with the Prankster ban that these two abilities will greatly benefit from it. Delta Stream has a more limited appliance compared to Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. For now, it's best to see Delta Stream more in practice before taking any action for it.

:palossand:
Water Compaction was banned in AAA Doubles as it grants at least +4 Defense boosts through Water Shuriken that allows Chansey to withstand most physical moves as well as Body Press users such as Kommo-o to hit hard with it. Admittedly, this is something that I should remain banned during pre-DLC as most of the speed- and defense-boosting abilities were banned during the period with only Weakn Armor and Stamina remaining.

:kings rock:
One ban that seems surprising is the King's Rock ban. In conjunction with Pickup, King's Rock can be used for flinching abuse through Fling. While not impossible to counter, it adds no competitive value and is solely used to troll, therefore King's Rock will be banned as well. Here's a testing of King's Rock Fling. Not much else to add about it.

On the watchlist:
:dragonite: Dragonite
:victini: Victini
:dewgong: Dracovish (Probably dislike the Primordial Sea ban but it does benefit from both Prankster and Desolate Land bans)
Dancer
Delta Stream
:spectrier: Spectrier
Expanding Force (Though the ban of Prankster may help it become less overwhelming)
(I think I might have missed something but those will do for now)

Tagging Kris to implement these changes and CringeMeta and Think to implement the changes to the tour code since Kartana has been banned in DOU.
/tour new Doubles, elimination
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, 2 Ability Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, -Anger Point, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Desolate Land, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Prankster, -Primordial Sea, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Rattled, -Serene Grace, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Soul-Heart, -Stakeout, -Steam Engine, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Water Compaction, -Wonder Guard, -Kyurem-Black, -Regigigas, -Shedinja, -Zygarde-Base, -Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, -Beat Up, -Stored Power, -Weakness Policy
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] Almost Any Ability Doubles

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I'm gonna do a kinda in favor thing since it's not an official mashup. Only those that have played TSNS STAAAB in at least two tourneys may participate (Also someone please update the code, Absol isn't banned)

TSNS STAAAB wants to suspect 2 mons; One to be unbanned and one to be banned.

They will be suspected one at a time over the course of two tourneys each.

First of all, many want to suspect Gigalith, if in favor respond with "gigalith". Second (I) want to suspect Regigigas to see if it would be good in the metagame or completely broken, if you agree respond with "regigigas". If both respond with "both"

The reason why many think Gigalith should be suspected is simple for those that have played TSNS STAAAB but havent faced one:

Gigalith is an insanely fast wallbreaker and amazing revenge killer with choice band and adaptability, this makes accelerock and diamond storm insanely powerful, coming from it's monstrous base 175 attack stat and it's disgusting speed tier in 170, making it one of the fastest non-scarfers in the tier. It's big downside is that in order to have that speed tier, it has to swap it for a paper thin 55 base defense in a tier with many threatening scarfers i.e. gallade, hitmonlee, exeggutor-alola, glastrier, volcanion, and all the many (but uncommon) weather rushers in the meta. Another argument against it is that it gets completely sat on by dauntless shield vaporeon which can do whatever the heck it wants, most likely would flip turn into one of the scarfers/weather rushers after healing back to full

also here is the standard gigalith set:

Gigalith @ choice band
Ability: Adaptability
hasty nature
252 atk 252 spe 4 spdef
-Accelerock
-Diamond Storm
-Earthquake/Superpower
-Iron Head/Earthquake/Superpower

The reason why (I) want to suspect test regigigas are for two reasons:

1. it's not NEARLY as fast as our previous suspect for unban, archeops, which makes a huge difference in the course of a game, unburden timid archeops with meteor beam was just nasty and was (arguably) as broken as turtonator. regigigas on the other hand has a slightly average speed tier for this meta, 150 if you go naive or hasty (probably naive). (having 200 speed with 140 attack is not nearly as good as it sounds, especially with normal being your stab). most likely regigigas would run idk, sub sitrus berry unburden belly drum with body slam and thunder punch? (respond if you can think of cooler sets for it too)
2. It's only stab is normal, while it may be better than other metas with poison heal being unbanned ( due to not being that strong really in this meta though snorlax and sandaconda are definitely exceptions to that) allowing facade to be rampant, I'm just not sure if it can beat any of the physical walls in the tier without a bunch of boosts (sandaconda after an iron defense, dauntless vaporeon and talonflame, etc.) and it has no way to pivot out of these walls, it just has to hard switch (though prove me wrong maybe special gigas could end up op)

Remember in order to participate, you must have played at least in two TSNS STAAAB tourneys

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, I don't normally play OM Mashups, much less post in the forums, but I more recently got into mashups through my TPP3 managers RICEMAN and Eggs who are both pretty awesome. I just wanted to share a fun and gimmicky Godly Gift + Shared Power team that focuses on enabling and abusing a level 1 Swinub that can force itself past roadblocks with all of these abilities. It can definitely win against a lot if played right but unfortunately loses to any team with/abuses skill link and/or rough skin. Some people wanted to see the team after doing well in a room tour so here you go.

:Dragapult: :Swinub: :Sylveon: :Ninetales-Alola: :Steelix: :Mr. Rime:

:ss/dragapult:
Infiltrator stops sub-spam for Endeavor conservation. Will-o-Wisp also gives residual damage, importantly to steel and ice types, which in the long run can help swinub delete mons. This mon has the least suck stats so it will the be god here, and I will use it to bolster Mr. Rime's speed to incredible heights, everything else is where you'd expect them to go.

:ss/swinub:
Main star of the show. Thick Fat is so teammates take less damage from extremely common weaknesses on this team, specifically fire types. Protect to get a little bit of Ice Body recovery, Endeavor is Endeavor, Toxic is for predicted switchins, and Ice Shard makes it so you can get a quick kill if theyre still 1 HP at the end of a turn.

:ss/sylveon:
The cleric. Wish passing is super useful for this team and provides a neutrality to all of the fire and ice weaknesses seen everywhere. Moonblast over Hyper Voice so I am not total fodder against teams with Soundproof. Heal Bell is massively useful to keep swinub from any non volatile statuses that could break sturdy. Pixilate's main niche is changing Endeavor's type to fairy, so ghosts can't switch into Swinub.

:ss/ninetales-alola:
Snow Warning has a small number Pokemon immune to it, only affecting overcoat and ice-types. Veil makes the team a bit bulkier and helps Mr. Rime get moves of easier. Encore so that my teammates can come in easier, and pain split for longevity.

:ss/steelix:
My team has a crippling weakness to steel types, and this mon helps a ton. Also can get easy kills against certain fire types, which is honestly quite nice. Has a phasing move so that set up sweepers can't use this mon for fodder. Gives Sturdy which is the one thing that makes Swinub stay alive, and provides clutch hazard removal to Mr. Rime if it were to die from full.

:ss/mr. rime:
An extremely unconventional sweeper with Dragapult's speed and is the hazard remover of the team. Pixilate helps rapid spin be unblockable and Ice Body gives the team extra residual recovery, especially so swinub can heal off hazard damage easier with protect.

Note: I am very bad at EVs so if you can improve them it will help this team a lot, and tysm Byleth for helping me fine tune the team a bit.
That's all, thanks for reading.

[Edit] Here's some replays that kinda show how the team works:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8sharedpower-1453490559-uza68xvpe8minn0z8w061ub2qtbjeq0pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8sharedpower-1453493963-x19lenjp4vd4hsk5s260a2zvlv8fclupw

Last edited:
:yveltal::sneasel:TS AAA ANNOUNCEMENT:marowak::palkia:
Yveltal and Palkia have been unbanned, and Marowak, Sneasel, and Magnet Pull have been banned!

The Unbans
:yveltal:: While being able to play both offensively and defensively, Yveltal is not very powerful nor overwhelmingly bulky, and overall should be a healthy presence.
:palkia:: With high power comes many downsides, with an only decent speed tier and struggling very hard to break through teams with both a water and dragon resist, It should be evident that this pokemon won't be an issue.

The Bans
:Sneasel:: Many sets have been ran on this pokemon, and theres one thing they all share: insane power and insane speed. With such little defensive counterplay and such little offensive counterplay, this pokemon is extremely restricting, forcing teams to run otherwise mediocre pokemon like Ribombee and Whimsicott or Triage Zamazenta C
:Marowak:: The consistency against Marowak is that there is no consistency. Any possible counterplay has a set which beats it. With speed boosting weather abilities like Sand rush, immunity abilities like Sap Sipper and Water Absorb, and Dazzling and Queenly Majesty completely remove certain checks and counters, requiring mutliple checks for a single pokemon.
:Magnezone:: Similar to Marowak, the unpredictability in playing around Magnet pull is unhealthy primarily within game, with no possible way of determining if the opponent has a magnet pull pokemon or not causes huge strain on steel types.

:mad: Think for changes

Last edited:

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Godly Power

What is Godly Power?

Godly Power is the mashup of Godly Gift and Shared Power, which means that once a Pokémon switches in, its ability is shared with the rest of the team; as well as each Pokémon receiving one base stat from a God (AG/Uber Pokémon) depending on its position in the team (if there is no Uber Pokémon, it uses the Pokémon in the first slot). Which means 6 abilities + 1 changed stat can be at play at any time. See the Godly Gift thread for a more in depth explanation of how that format works.

Council:
:zoroark: Instruct (Tier Leader)
:exeggutor-alola: Eggs
:genesect: ctproonie217
:raichu-alola: Chrome8
:Solgaleo: The Hisui Region

Ruleset and Banlist:
Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokemon on his/her opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
Godly Gift's Restriction: You may have only one Uber Pokemon as your 'god'.

:dugtrio: Arena Trap
:serperior: Contrary
:drifblim: Flare Boost
:bewear: Fluffy
:furfrou: Fur Coat
:heracross: Guts
:tropius: Harvest
:azumarill: Huge Power
:durant: Hustle
:frosmoth: Ice Scales
:ditto: Imposter
:pyukumuku: Innards Out
:cinderace: Libero
:sableye-mega: Magic Bounce
:clefable: Magic Guard
:magnezone: Magnet Pull
:gyarados-mega: Mold Breaker
:glalie: Moody
:weezing: Neutralizing Gas
:klefki: Prankster
:medicham: Pure Power
:tsareena: Queenly Majesty
:slowbro-galar: Quick Draw
:ho-oh: Regenerator
:excadrill: Sand Rush
:cacturne: Sand Veil
:Jirachi: Serene Grace
:wobbuffet: Shadow Tag
:swoobat: Simple
:cloyster: Skill Link
:swinub: Snow Cloak
:blaziken: Speed Boost
:gumshoos: Stakeout
:mudsdale: Stamina
:garbodor: Stench
:shuckle: Sturdy
:zekrom: Teravolt
:butterfree: Tinted Lens
:comfey: Triage
:reshiram: Turboblaze
:quagsire: Unaware
:hawlucha: Unburden
:araquanid: Water Bubble

The following pairs of abilities cannot be used on the same team, but can each ability can be used individually:
:pelipper: :barraskewda: Drizzle and Swift Swim
:torkoal: :venusaur: Drought and Chlorophyll
:tapu koko: :raichu-alola: Electric Surge and Surge Surfer
:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: Snow Warning and Slush Rush
:dhelmise: :perrserker: Steelworker and Steely Spirit

:blissey: Blissey
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:chansey: Chansey
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
:dragapult: Dragapult
:eternatus: Eternatus
:Kartana: Kartana
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola
:melmetal: Melmetal
:pikachu: Pikachu
:shedinja: Shedinja
:toxapex: Toxapex
:xerneas: Xerneas
:zacian: Zacian
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
:zamazenta: Zamazenta

Moves:
:drapion: Acupressure
:eevee: Baton Pass

Items:
:bright powder: Bright Powder
:kings rock: King's Rock
:lax incense: Lax Incense
:leppa berry: Leppa Berry
:quick claw: Quick Claw

Resources:
WARNING: THIS IS SUPER OUTDATED! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Legend: Pokemon (recommended stats to NOT donate)

S RANK:
None at the moment

A RANK:
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice (SpA, Spe)
:lunala: Lunala (Atk, Def)
:mewtwo: Mewtwo (Atk, Def, SpD)
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane (SpA, Spe)
:yveltal: Yveltal (Def, SpD)
:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned (SpA)

B RANK:
:giratina: Giratina (Atk)
:groudon: Groudon (SpA, SpD, Spe)
:kyogre: Kyogre (Atk, Def)
:rayquaza: Rayquaza (Def, SpD)

C RANK:
:dialga: Dialga (Atk, Spe)
:giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin (Def, SpD, Spe)
:lugia: Lugia (Atk)
:magearna: Magearna (Atk, Spe)
:palkia: Palkia (HP)
:pheromosa: Pheromosa (Def, SpD)
:spectrier: Spectrier (Atk, Def, SpD)

D RANK:
:darmanitan-galar: Darmanitan-Galar (Gorilla Tactics) (Def, SpA, SpD)
:ho-oh: Ho-oh (Def, SpA, Spe)
:genesect: Genesect (HP, Def, SpD)
:kyurem: Kyurem (Def, SpD)
:marshadow: Marshadow (SpA)
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings (Spe)
:zygarde-complete: Zygarde (Power Construct) (SpA, Spe)
:shuckle: Shuckle (HP)
:solgaleo: Solgaleo (SpA, SpD)

Use something else: :cinderace: Cinderace, :darmanitan-galar-zen: Darmanitan-Galar (Zen Mode), :dracovish: Dracovish, :landorus: Landorus, :naganadel: Naganadel, :urshifu: Urshifu, :zygarde: Zygarde (Aura Break)

Banned via technicality: :kyurem-black: Kyurem-Black, :kyurem-white: Kyurem-White, :reshiram: Reshiram, :zekrom: Zekrom

(Just because it's not on here, doesn't mean it's unviable. A lot of things can be run with the right support!)
Legend: Pokemon (Recommended abilities) [Recommended stats to receive from the God]

S RANK:
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele (Psychic Surge) [HP, Def, Spe]
S- RANK:
:dragalge: Dragalge (Adaptability) [HP, Def, SpA, Spe]

A+: RANK:
:buzzwole: Buzzwole (Beast Boost) [SpD, Spe]
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian (Intimidate) [HP, Def, SpD, Spe]
:nihilego: Nihilego (Beast Boost) [Def]
:xurkitree: Xurkitree (Beast Boost) [Spe]
A RANK:
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt (Adaptability) [Spe]
:dragonite: Dragonite (Multiscale) [Def, SpD, Spe]
:milotic: Milotic (Competitive, Marvel Scale) [HP, Def]
:nidoking: Nidoking (Sheer Force) [SpA, Spe]
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko (Electric Surge) [SpA]
A- RANK:
:blacephalon: Blacephalon (Beast Boost) [Def, Spe]
:corviknight: Corviknight (Mirror Armor, Pressure) [HP, Atk, SpD]
:excadrill: Excadrill (Sand Force) [SpD, Spe]
:moltres: Moltres (Flame Body) [HP, Def, SpD]
:scizor: Scizor (Technician) [HP, SpD, Spe]
:stakataka: Stakataka (Beast Boost) [HP, SpD]
:tyranitar: Tyranitar (Sand Stream) [SpA, SpD, Spe]
:weavile: Weavile (Pressure, Pickpocket) [Atk, Spe]

B+ RANK:
:aegislash: Aegislash (Stance Change) [HP, Spe]
:celesteela: Celesteela (Beast Boost) [HP, Def, SpD, Spe]
:doublade: Doublade (No Guard) [HP, SpD]
:guzzlord: Guzzlord (Beast Boost) [Def, SpD]
:kommo-o: Kommo-o (Bulletproof, Soundproof) [HP, SpA, Spe]
:lycanroc-dusk: Lycanroc-Dusk (Tough Claws) [Atk, Spe]
:porygon2: Porygon2 (Download) [Def, SpD]
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z (Adaptability, Download) [Spe]
:regieleki: Regieleki (Transistor) [Atk, Def, SpA, SpD]
:rillaboom: Rillaboom (Grassy Surge) [Atk, SpD, Spe]
:steelix: Steelix (Rock Head, Sheer Force) [HP, SpD]
:zeraora: Zeraora (Volt Absorb) [Atk, SpA]
:zygarde-10%: Zygarde-10% (Aura Break) [Atk]
B RANK:
:chandelure: Chandelure (Flash Fire, Infiltrator) [HP, Spe]
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr (Sheer Force) [Spe]
:hippowdon: Hippowdon (Sand Force, Sand Stream) [SpD, Spe]
:krookodile: Krookodile (Intimidate, Moxie) [HP, Atk, Def, SpD, Spe]
:latias: Latias (Levitate) [HP, Def, SpA, Spe]
:latios: Latios (Levitate) [HP, Def, Spe]
:mamoswine: Mamoswine (Thick Fat) [SpD, Spe]
:mantine: Mantine (Water Absorb) [Def, SpA]
:pelipper: Pelipper (Drizzle) [HP, Def]
:rotom-heat: Rotom-Heat (Levitate) [HP, SpA, Spe]
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash (Levitate) [HP, Def, Spe]
:togekiss: Togekiss (Super Luck) [HP, Atk, Def, SpA, Spe]
:thundurus: Thundurus (Defiant) [HP, Atk, Def, SpA]
:urshifu: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (Unseen Fist) [SpD, Spe]
:victini: Victini (Victory Star) [Atk, Spe]
:volcarona: Volcarona (Flame Body) [HP, Def]
:zapdos: Zapdos (Static) [Def, Spe]
B- RANK:
:azelf: Azelf (Levitate) [Def, SpD]
:bisharp: Bisharp (Defiant) [HP, Spe]
:arcanine: Arcanine (Flash Fire, Intimidate) [HP, Def]
:blastoise: Blastoise (Rain Dish) [HP, SpA]
:copperajah: Copperajah (Sheer Force) [Def, SpD, Spe]
:galvantula: Galvantula (Compound Eyes) [HP, SpA, Spe]
:garchomp: Garchomp (Rough Skin) [Def, SpA, Spe]
:glastrier: Glastrier (Chilling Neigh) [Spe]
:necrozma: Necrozma (Prism Armor) [HP, SpA, SpD, Spe]
:noivern: Noivern (Frisk, Infiltrator) [SpA]
:perrserker: Perrserker (Steely Spirit) [HP, SpD, Spe]
:regidrago: Regidrago (Dragon's Maw) [Atk, SpA, Spe]
:rhyperior: Rhyperior (Solid Rock, Lightningrod) [SpD, Spe]
:shuckle: Shuckle (Gluttony) [HP]
:sylveon: Sylveon (Pixilate) [Def, Spe]
:talonflame: Talonflame (Gale Wings) [Atk]
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini (Misty Surge) [HP, Def, SpA, SpD]
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-Galar (Defiant) [Atk, Spe]

C+ RANK:
:absol: Absol (Super Luck) [Spe]
:aurorus: Aurorus (Refrigerate) [Def, Spe]
:arctozolt: Arctozolt (Volt Absorb) [Spe]
:azumarill: Azumarill (Sap Sipper) [Atk, Def, SpD]
:clefable: Clefable (Cute Charm) [HP, Def, SpD]
:comfey: Comfey (Flower Veil, Natural Cure) [HP, Def]
:cresselia: Cresselia (Levitate) [SpA]
:dhelmise: Dhelmise (Steelworker) [HP, Def, SpD]
:dracozolt: Dracozolt (Volt Absorb) [Spe]
:goodra: Goodra (Hydration, Sap Sipper) [Def]
:indeedee: Indeedee (Psychic Surge) [SpA, Spe]
:scrafty: Scrafty (Shed Skin) [HP, Atk]
:sirfetchd: Sirfetch'd (Scrappy) [Spe]
:snorlax: Snorlax (Thick Fat) [Def]
:tauros: Tauros (Sheer Force) [Atk, SpA]
:toxicroak: Toxicroak (Dry Skin) [Atk, SpA, Spe]
:Vaporeon: Vaporeon (Hydration, Water Absorb) [Def]
C RANK:
:accelgor: Accelgor (Sticky Hold) [Def, SpA, SpD]
:appletun: Appletun (Ripen) [SpD, Spe]
:arctovish: Arctovish (Water Absorb) [Spe]
:aromatisse: Aromatisse (Aroma Veil) [HP, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe]
:darmanitan: Darmanitan (Sheer Force) [Spe]
:dedenne: Dedenne (Cheek Pouch) [HP, SpA]
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn (Iron Barbs) [HP, Atk]
:linoone: Linoone (Gluttony) [Atk]
:marowak: Marowak (Lightningrod) [Atk, Spe]
:miltank: Miltank (Scrappy, Sap Sipper) [SpD]
:palpitoad: Palpitoad (Hydration) [SpD]
:raichu: Raichu (Lightning Rod) [Atk]
:rhydon: Rhydon (Lightning Rod) [SpD]
:shiinotic: Shiinotic (Rain Dish, Effect Spore) [HP, Def, Spe]
:stunfisk-galar: Stunfisk-Galar (Mimicry) [SpD, Spe]
:suicune: Suicune (Pressure) [SpA, Spe]
:tapu bulu: Tapu Bulu (Grassy Surge) [SpD, Spe]

Still don't have any, sorry!

/challenge [Gen 8] Shared Power @@@ [Gen 8] Godly Gift, +Calyrex-Ice, +Darmanitan-Galar, +Dialga, +Dracovish, +Genesect, +Giratina, +Giratina-Origin, +Groudon, +Hawlucha, +Ho-Oh, +Kyogre, +Kyurem, +Kyurem-Black, +Kyurem-White, +Lugia, +Lunala, +Magearna, +Marshadow, +Mewtwo, +Naganadel, +Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, +Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, +Palkia, +Pheromosa, +Power Construct, +Rayquaza, +Reshiram, +Solgaleo, +Urshifu-Base, +Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, +Yveltal, +Zamazenta-Crowned, +Zekrom, +Swift Swim, -Kartana, -Acupressure, -Leppa Berry, -Flare Boost, -Fluffy, -Gorilla Tactics, -Hustle, -Ice Scales, -Prankster, -Serene Grace, -Skill Link, -Stamina, -Sturdy, -Teravolt, -Turboblaze

/tour create [Gen 8] Shared Power
/tour rules [Gen 8] Godly Gift, +Calyrex-Ice, +Darmanitan-Galar, +Dialga, +Dracovish, +Genesect, +Giratina, +Giratina-Origin, +Groudon, +Hawlucha, +Ho-Oh, +Kyogre, +Kyurem, +Kyurem-Black, +Kyurem-White, +Lugia, +Lunala, +Magearna, +Marshadow, +Mewtwo, +Naganadel, +Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, +Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, +Palkia, +Pheromosa, +Power Construct, +Rayquaza, +Reshiram, +Solgaleo, +Urshifu-Base, +Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, +Yveltal, +Zamazenta-Crowned, +Zekrom, +Swift Swim, -Kartana, -Acupressure, -Leppa Berry, -Flare Boost, -Fluffy, -Gorilla Tactics, -Hustle, -Ice Scales, -Prankster, -Serene Grace, -Skill Link, -Stamina, -Sturdy, -Teravolt, -Turboblaze

11/13/2021: Stench Banned, Hawlucha Unbanned, Power Construct/Zygarde-Complete "unbanned" due to oversight
11/13/2021: Luck based items are banned.
11/17/2021: Skill Link is banned.
11/24/2021: Hustle, Ice Scales, and Heatran are banned.
12/3/2021: Leppa Berry, Acupressure and Dragapult are banned.
12/10/2021: Flare Boost and Sturdy are banned.
12/18/2021: Stamina is banned.
1/18/2022: Zamazenta-Base is banned
3/15/2022: Fluffy, Kartana, Serene Grace, Xerneas, Eternatus, and Prankster are banned
6/28/2022: Heatran unbanned, Crawdaunt banned
7/27/2022: Gorilla Tactics banned

Last edited:
Just wanna share a quick team I made for Godly Power(post above mine), which is accidentally just a Gen 5 rain team lmao. https://pokepast.es/ac3058fc90de3bd6

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
Pretty standard Thundy T, provides good wallbreaking potential and an electric immunity for the entire team, which helps a ton

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Spe
Bold Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
Sub CM Kyogre, who also supplies the team with its crucial rain for rain abuse with some of the pokemon later in the lineup.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 32 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
The squid is back, and no, it's not tryna play any games. A true classic on BW Rain, being practically required for them. This Tenta, however, has some even stupider survival traits than its BW counterpart, with the combination of Volt Absorb, self drizzle, and Dry Skin giving this thing a whopping 25% HP recovery every turn. Eat your heart out, Gliscor. As is true with BW Tenta, if you're not practically OHKOing this thing, you're not killing this thing, especially with the boon of Kyogre's defense stat

Latioas (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Aura Sphere
Scarf Lati gives my team some nice speed control and Levitate, making Spikes, TSpikes, Webs, and Ground moves all non-factors as soon as this comes in. Other than that, standard revenge killer who can also cripple would-be checks with Trick. Also, 150 spatk is nice for it

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn, the one true constant of this world. Sets rocks, spikes, and in general just is an annoying piece of shit to kill. Gotta love when it gets the buffs of 18% recovery for existing lmao. Also, an extra much-needed 140 spdef. Not much else to say here

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
Toxicroak, the most niche mon on the team, though still not to be underestimated, as providing the entire team with 12% recovery is absolutely huge and is half of what the team is centered around. Being able to recover 18% a turn is also a massive boon for it, as this means that Life Orb can't chip it down throughout a game, though it does cut the net passive healing to 8%. Other than that, a powerful wallbreaker that provides Knock Off support and provides a completely unique STAB combo

Last edited:
Just wanna share a quick team I made for Godly Power(post above mine), which is accidentally just a Gen 5 rain team lmao. https://pokepast.es/ac3058fc90de3bd6

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
Pretty standard Thundy T, provides good wallbreaking potential and an electric immunity for the entire team, which helps a ton

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Spe
Bold Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
Sub CM Kyogre, who also supplies the team with its crucial rain for rain abuse with some of the pokemon later in the lineup.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 32 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
The squid is back, and no, it's not tryna play any games. A true classic on BW Rain, being practically required for them. This Tenta, however, has some even stupider survival traits than its BW counterpart, with the combination of Volt Absorb, self drizzle, and Dry Skin giving this thing a whopping 25% HP recovery every turn. Eat your heart out, Gliscor. As is true with BW Tenta, if you're not practically OHKOing this thing, you're not killing this thing, especially with the boon of Kyogre's defense stat

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Aura Sphere
Scarf Lati gives my team some nice speed control and Levitate, making Spikes, TSpikes, Webs, and Ground moves all non-factors as soon as this comes in. Other than that, standard revenge killer who can also cripple would-be checks with Trick. Also, 150 spatk is nice for it

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn, the one true constant of this world. Sets rocks, spikes, and in general just is an annoying piece of shit to kill. Gotta love when it gets the buffs of 18% recovery for existing lmao. Also, an extra much-needed 140 spdef. Not much else to say here

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
Toxicroak, the most niche mon on the team, though still not to be underestimated, as providing the entire team with 12% recovery is absolutely huge and is half of what the team is centered around. Being able to recover 18% a turn is also a massive boon for it, as this means that Life Orb can't chip it down throughout a game, though it does cut the net passive healing to 8%. Other than that, a powerful wallbreaker that provides Knock Off support and provides a completely unique STAB combo
Latias is better than Latios if you're giving it Kyogre's SpAtk.

Skill Link has been banned from Godly Power!

While 2 and 3 hit moves are quite good, 5 hit moves hit a LOT harder, and honestly techlink is currently the strongest playstyle at the moment, with almost any mon who can use a 5 hit move being able to abuse how good these two abilities in unison are. You can argue technician does more harm, it does hit a wider variety of mons, and I think preserving technician will help provide hard hitting moves without worrying so much on sturdy/multiscale and FEAR tactics and keep some semblance of the existing strats, now with less fire power from icicle spear and tail slap.

Sincerely, your local idiot

AAA Doubles is fun you guys

anyways i hit 1300 on the DAAA ladder so i felt like sharing My Team

le proof

i played some more games today (i wrote this post yesterday and didnt finish) and i got higher before losing to a very interesting bugspam team. this was my peak

you don't even need to click on the team to know it's dancer. if you didn't know you now know. it's dancer.

:volcarona::ribombee::bellossom:
First of all, Dancer teams need their set-up sweepers, and the Pokémon with the Dance moves to supplement them. All three carry Quiver Dance, meaning the dancers (Tapu Lele and Mew) can get boosts too.

Volcarona is pretty standard, though Dazzling is used to avoid Gale Wings, Fake Out, Grassy Glide and other random priority moves.

Ribombee runs Speed Swap as it eases the Trick Room matchup by a bit (by targeting the opponent I'm now super slow, outspeeding them in TR) and is just pretty useful to make my other mons fast. Pollen Puff over Bug Buzz is used mostly to support Mew. I run Queenly Majesty for the same reason I run Dazzling on Volcarona, though less people expect two priority-blocking abilities.

Bellossom is the slowest of the three, but most people will ignore it anyway meaning I can put something to sleep. I use Friend Guard because optimally my Dancer would be pretty bulky already, so reducing the damage it takes would be my priority.

:tapu-lele::mew:
Tapu Lele hits like a truck, so letting it get Dancer boosts on top of it all really seals the deal. Burning Jealousy is just a spread Fire move that can do funny stuff versus other Dancer teams and naturally fast set-up mons, though Heat Wave is probably better.

:genesect:
Receiver is just a cool ability, which lets me get past the 2 Ability Clause rule if it's played correctly. Douse Drive Techno Blast is a way to scare off Heatran and other Fire-types.

dancer might be a little busted.... if you don't act fast you'll just get overwhelmed by boosts. though really, without dancer, the next overcentralizing thing would be WEATHER. since unrestricted abilities mean weather abusers can be whoever you want, it starts getting increasingly hard to predict which pokémon carries chlorophyll / swift swim / sand rush / slush rush. teams usually make due without prankster through speed-boosting weather + tailwind, and they usually will have a way to deal with trick room (be it priority, slow after you, speed swap, or just having a slower pokemon as support).

if dancer ends up banned, i believe the combination of a weather-setting ability alongside the matching speed-boosting ability should be banned.

but anyway, I'm really loving AAA Doubles and can only hope to see it grow further.

- a girlboss xoxo​

Dancer is banned from AAA Doubles!

:ss/volcarona: :ss/dragapult:
The majority of the community has decided that Dancer is too overwhelming to handle in AAA Doubles for its sweeping potential. As detailed before, Dancer initially did not have that much success in earlier room tournaments. However, the ladder began to showcase how terrifying Dancer is when it's not restricted to just Oricorio. It sounds predictable on paper since the first thing that comes to mind with Quiver Dance is Volcarona, but in practice Dancer teams typically have Dazzling/Queenly Majesty to cover priority attacks such as Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Physical attackers can take advantage of Dancer as well with Dragon Dance users such as Dragapult, Mew, and Kyurem, all of them typically would not carry Dragon Dance in most other scenarios. The dynamic speed changes introduced in Gen 8 also played a factor for Dancer that enables something like Heatran to outspeed a max speed Zapdos after one Quiver Dance from Pheromosa or Volcarona.

As for Delta Stream, while this has been one of more complained elements besides Dracovish as it prevents all weather from replacing it and eliminates type weaknesses for Flying-type, I've decided to be against taking any action to it for now. However, this isn't to say that I will not ban Delta Stream at a later date.

Tagging Kris to implement the Dancer ban to AAA Doubles.

AAA Doubles feels like sort of the natural conclusion to Doubles OU. Doubles has always kind of felt to me like a format where the best gimmick wins, and AAA opens the door to allow all kinds of shenanigans and gimmicks. I've used rain, electric surge and half-room to high success and I want to share my thoughts about the tier.
49-1304.jpg

I peaked a little higher than this but did not grab a screenshot.

Archeops @ Power Herb
Ability: Lightning Rod / Motor Drive / Storm Drain
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

This is the most underrated mon in the tier. At 350 it outspeeds the majority of the openers in the tier and kills them. It's a fantastic response to dancer openings because Volcarona, Lilligant and Kommo-o are all weak to flying. I've used this as a great partner on my electric spam team. This + a fake out lead has allowed me to crush an enemy's plan without revealing mine, which is immensely powerful in a format all about gimmicks/countergimmicks. Beware meteor beam's 90% accuracy. I tilted and lost 130 points because I missed it versus the same dude two games in a row when I would've won otherwise. I've also tried a physical variant but it feels much more limiting than this.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Hurricane
- Discharge

I can't believe I haven't seen anyone else running this set. This is a ridiculously good rain sweeper. I partner it with the Archeops set listed above and dismantle teams. Double 110 BP stab with perfect accuracy + a 100 BP coverage move boosted by the weather is really strong.

Amoonguss @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog / Protect / Pollen Puff

Doubles is inherently about speed control and DAAA takes that to the extreme. If you're playing a weather/electric surge/unburden lineup you need a way to stop people from going above you (via priority) or below you (via trick room). Enter the traffic controller. This mon feels ridiculously strong. It stops E-Speed shenanigans and it goes under trick room. I've found that I don't need recovery because games just aren't lasting long enough for it, but on a slower-paced team you can try synthesis (just beware of rain). I am using a Payapa berry to check Expanding Force but Occa or Sitrus berries are good choices as well.

Zeraora @ Whatever you need
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Quick Guard / Protect / Close Combat

Teravolt + Fake Out is another tool that is really really strong, and Zeraora is the best user of it. Being able to get past Dazzling to flinch an opponent trying to set trick room is incredibly useful. Zeraora also uses it to ignore Lightning Rod, which is another very common trend on the ladder right now.

All in all I have been really enjoying DAAA and the freedom it allows in teambuilding. I'm sure at the highest level it starts to get overcentralizing but this meta has not been explored enough for me to feel that way yet. Even dancer didn't feel unstoppable or broken. For new players I would recommend building a team around one central identity, like weather or trick room, rather than trying to do multiple different things at once. That's what I've been seeing go wrong most frequently from low ladder players.

wow girlies its me a girlboss again this time!!! round of applause please

get it. i made a. i made a round t

For those not in the know, when a Pokémon uses Round, all other Pokémon that selected the move Round go right after them, with the Rounds after the first doubling in power (from 60 to 120 BP). This means that:
  • it serves as speed control​
  • it's the strongest sound move bar boomburst​
  • this is AAA so we can -ate/-ize (or just use punk rock LOL)​
:xurkitree::hatterene:
They don't need Speed since Zeraora and Pheromosa will be on the Speed front. Xurkitree has the highest SpA, and Hatterene is a bit bulkier than Sylveon and has better SpA. The other moves are kind of filler, no Protect on Hatterene is kind of unoptimal and you're better off running it over Shadow Ball, or just going Choice Specs for the immediate power.

:drampa:
obligatory drampa's grandpa moment (i contemplated tagging him but maybe no.)
Drampa is a funny one because it's got Round, high SpA, and it's just an inherently funny mon. Adaptability is actually stronger than Punk Rock and boosts Dragon Pulse as well, so... uhh... change it yourself.

:pheromosa::zeraora:
obligatory girlboss moment (look at my signature)
Pheromosa is the fastest Pokémon that can learn Round and do decent damage (I was not about to run Regieleki for two Galvanize Round Pokémon to get bodied by Lightning Rod), and Zeraora is just pretty strong.
Unburden lets Zeraora outspeed pretty much anything after using Round once (even Ribombee at +2, though that doesn't matter since Dancer is gone and so is Ribombee's viability), and Electroweb is just a spread move that won't hit my allies.
I run Blizzard on Pheromosa for no reason, in fact I've missed both opponents... twice. At one point I ran Wide Lens, but I ended up just sticking with Focus Sash because with those defenses you really want to stay around for more than one hit.

:shuckle:
Shuckle is the Trick Room counter I needed. Since Shuckle has a measly 5 Speed and does in fact learn Round, it leads to you outspeeding everything under TR. Power Spot is just a means of boosting my damage output, and the rest of its moveset is meant to be annoying. Helping Hand results in a 1.95x boost, After You lets me click something that isn't Round, and Encore is a way to prevent set-up + reverse Trick Room if needed.

i peaked here but then i faced a dancer team and lost LOL... no shade to the person with that team though they were nice

It's worth mentioning that Round teams are more effective thanks to surprise factor, having two speedy mons, a Trick Room answer and two/three hard-hitters is very important to the team, you could maybe find space for Refrigerate or even Liquid Voice, but this is what I could come up with.

- a girlboss xoxo (again)​

So I started a new format for fun, I call it 350 Shift.

I played a few games with Eli, and we tested it out. We also made a tour in OMM room with these rules and clauses, but these are obviously subject to change because this is the rawest form.

350 Shift - Pastebin.com

I would assume we would ban krabby, gastly, eviolite, and unban zacian both crowned and regular.

We could keep or get rid of dynamax clause... I originally got rid of it to give non-under 350 bst pokemon a chance to survive attacks, maybe we could allow only not under 350 pokemon to dynamax, but that might be harder to program, or at least a hassle that doesn't need to be worked out just yet.

Please let me know what you think. I will update this post with how well people liked the tournament.

Keep in mind this format allows for over 900+ bst lol.

EDIT: When asking people how they liked the format I got on a scale from 1-10, a 6-7, 7, 7.5, and an 8. So not the most exciting, but it made for fun chaos I believe.

Koffing was surprisingly super viable because it tanks good hits and allows toxic spikes to be placed.

Ditto is extremely scary, because a lot of the meta is setup sweepers. There are probably good counters, but a scarfed ditto that can dynamax is dangerous.

Clefairy is very viable because of Magic Guard, toxic and toxic spikes cannot do anything to stop it, especially if you have soft-boiled and calm mind. A good set is soft-boiled, calm mind, stored power, and dazzling gleam.

Impidimp when dynamaxed can take down bulky pokemon due to Max Phantasm.

I do not know if any Normal types are super viable yet, but they could be good for countering Gastly or Impidimp.

Destiny Bond is a good counter for setup sweepers, but could easily be avoided by using toxic, leech seed Ferroseed.

I will come back with more thoughts later.

ANOTHER EDIT: I accidentally wrote Impidimp instead of Phantump

Last edited:
So I started a new format for fun, I call it 350 Shift.

I played a few games with Eli, and we tested it out. We also made a tour in OMM room with these rules and clauses, but these are obviously subject to change because this is the rawest form.

350 Shift - Pastebin.com

I would assume we would ban krabby, gastly, eviolite, and unban zacian both crowned and regular.

We could keep or get rid of dynamax clause... I originally got rid of it to give non-under 350 bst pokemon a chance to survive attacks, maybe we could allow only not under 350 pokemon to dynamax, but that might be harder to program, or at least a hassle that doesn't need to be worked out just yet.

Please let me know what you think. I will update this post with how well people liked the tournament.

Keep in mind this format allows for over 900+ bst lol.

EDIT: When asking people how they liked the format I got on a scale from 1-10, a 6-7, 7, 7.5, and an 8. So not the most exciting, but it made for fun chaos I believe.

Koffing was surprisingly super viable because it tanks good hits and allows toxic spikes to be placed.

Ditto is extremely scary, because a lot of the meta is setup sweepers. There are probably good counters, but a scarfed ditto that can dynamax is dangerous.

Clefairy is very viable because of Magic Guard, toxic and toxic spikes cannot do anything to stop it, especially if you have soft-boiled and calm mind. A good set is soft-boiled, calm mind, stored power, and dazzling gleam.

I do not know if any Normal types are super viable yet, but they could be good for countering Gastly or Impidimp.

Destiny Bond is a good counter for setup sweepers, but could easily be avoided by using toxic, leech seed Ferroseed.

I will come back with more thoughts later.
From what I know of Smogon policy, finagling with Dynamax like that would push this into Pet Mod territory. Personally I would just axe Dynamaxing, but I think this is an either/or situation.

From what I know of Smogon policy, finagling with Dynamax like that would push this into Pet Mod territory. Personally I would just axe Dynamaxing, but I think this is an either/or situation.
understandable... I find it more fun and chaotic with dynamaxing, so I would appreciate it still there.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Don't you meant Phantump? That's the one that managed to strike down a setting up Clefairy with Max Phantasm.

Whoever used Clefairy forgot how Max Phantasm worked until they realized too late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)