Project OM Mashup Megathread

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey y'all, been a while since I've posted and just wanted to give some of my first takeaways on BDSP STAAABmons which is now the new spotlight! I've been having some fun with it so far, with here being the final of the recent room tour I just played in.

- This thing is already hella broken in regular staaab, and without any corv's or boots the only real reliable check is Skarmory. Espeed is probably it's best set since there's a lot of other great magic guard users rn, and with lack off fairy triage it's hard to "revenge it" without having to need psyterrain.

:Breloom: - Probably the best triage abuser imo, very strong and also having grass stab is very nice. Fourth move is pretty up in the air, since it's moves are kinda bad without dlc, but just off raw attack it's very potent.

:Infernape: - Hella Strong, so much potential with Magic Guard, whether it be physical with flare blitz and HJK or special with fire blast and focus miss, scarf ain't that bad either with it's speed tier, but sucks to be slower than gar/azelf.

:Slaking: - why is this thing allowed...get rid of it asap

- With no HDB/Evio, the blobs are kinda bad, so I think tran is one of the better special pivots rn, especially with regen. Magma Storm + Taunt is always a great stall breaking combo, and it has very good typing/bulk to live most special hits, and just heal back after switching out.

That's all my thoughts for now, be on the lookout for some bans (hopefully) in the future.

Byleth

Retirement
GODLY POWER ANNOUNCEMENT

:ss/Heatran: :ss/Dracozolt: :ss/Frosmoth:
Hey guys, the Godly Power council decided to ban 3 more things since our last update: Heatran, Hustle, and Ice Scales!
:Dracozolt: Hustle gives 1.5x attack in exchange for an accuracy debuff, but that gets neutralized by No Guard. A flat 1.5x attack, made even more potent on typespam/attack boosting abilities (from actually usable pokemon such as Dracozolt, Durant, and even Flapple!) causes issues for any way to switchin defensively unless you run extremely hard stall (which can still struggle), this power increase is showcased even better due to Godly Gift giving these Pokemon an even more potent speed tier or attack stat meaning you can 6-0 teams without correct counterplay. While there were other elements that compliment Hustle very well, we felt Hustle itself was the underlying problematic cause across multiple team structures.

:frosmoth: Speaking of stall...Ice Scales is essentially the permanent light screen with no other drawbacks. Frosmoth sucks but honestly with Godly Gift giving mons like Mudsdale a massive SpD stat from Pokemon like Lugia or Shuckle it's really hard to make progress with non physically oriented teams, the council has just found this ability really unhealthy. As a result of Ice Scales leaving, we will be keeping tabs on Flare Boost, as this removes one of the essential counterplays to this strat.

:Heatran: Heatran has been banned for it's defensive prowess, expanded by being able to mitigate Fluffy's drawback with Flash Fire and inheriting Levitate from Pokemon such as Latios. This Pokemon's already good natural bulk which can be either improved with inheriting a stat or can be put on flexibly in a slot where it doesn't benefit such as Attack or Speed. Coupled with its great defensive typing, this Pokemon gives so much resources as a wall despite doing so little in a battle. While you could argue flash fire is more potent, we, the council, don't think Pokemon such as Coalossal or Arcanine will be as potent of a defensive wall as Heatran was.

Tier Shift + Almost Any Ability TEAM
:ss/Vikavolt: :ss/Diancie: :ss/Cursola: :ss/Trevenant: :ss/Beheeyem: :ss/Marowak-alola:

Here's the nth version of a TSAAA Trick Room team I hastily made so I could enter tours.
Turns out it's evolved into something in which 80% of the time, it wins every time.
(It's gotten to the point people have run c-teams for me specifically in tours)

The premise of this team is to set Trick Room, then immediately slow pivot into your breakers whom will 2hko/ohko the enemy team. (maybe 3hko but we don't talk about that)

Let's begin!

:Vikavolt:
Venom (Vikavolt) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rising Voltage
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz

This lad comes in, clicks rising voltage and 2hko's anything that's not a resist. Energy ball is there for ground types and bug buzz is just for stab. Volt switch helps with pivoting if you anticipate a counter to come in (AV Silvally dragon/electric).
Not much else to say :]

:Diancie:
Deez Gutz (Diancie) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Trick Room
- Explosion

This is the lead of choice. Focus sash + Magic bounce prevents taunt as well as hazards which are a major nuisance to this team and almost guarantees a trick room (Mold Breaker + Multi hit moves wreck you). You click trick room turn 1, then usually explosion turn 2. Max Atk and Spatk to make use of Diamond storm for strong damage if neccesary and throw out a strong explosion, while earth power is there to get chip on steel types. (though exploding is usually better)
Note: This was originally Pixilate to make boom go Big Boom but magic bounce is overall much better.

:Cursola:
Death Egg (Cursola) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Earth Power

The death egg hits exceptionally hard with some great coverage. SFLO means you can throw out some extremely strong attacks with your good movepool. Shadow ball is your go to move of choice, Earth power helps with AV electric/steel/rock types and blizzard is there as a strong option. Destiny Bond is basically your suicide card incase you are on the last turn of trick room and need to take out something.

NOTE: This slot was filled by Drampa but I found that Cursola fills the role much better. Some replays will have Drampa since it filled this role before.

:Trevenant:
Oooga Booga (Trevenant) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Wood Hammer
- Poltergeist
- Destiny Bond

Trevenants role is to just get off a trick room and die, it succeeds in the first part due to Focus Sash + Magic Guard. Poltergeist and Wood Hammer are there for strong Stab options to make use of Trevenants great Atk stat and Destiny Bond is to take out an opponent with you.

:Beheeyem:
Jimmy Neutron (Beheeyem) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Quiet Nature
- Teleport
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Destiny Bond

Beheeyem helps this team immensely with the priority destiny bond + negative priority teleport/trick room. This combo makes it so your opponent has to switch/set up/ or KO you. Sash also guarantees you can get off a trick room if you keep hazards off the field.

:Marowak-Alola:
Saba (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Poltergeist
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Bone

Tbh this mon right here is why this team even works. Alowak 2hko's pretty much everything that's not a quad resist. Adaptability just too good to pass up as it allows you to dish out some crazy damage.
Poltergeist and Flare Blitz are there as strong stab options while Shadow Bone is there to ensure you have 1 reliable move. SD is only used when predicting a switch into a counter so you can just bop it.

:ss/Golisopod:
TRIAGE/PRIORITY
This team lacks priority control so any form of priority will wreck this team. I've been repeatedly swept by a Golisopod after it's managed to get 1 SD up and just clean with Leech Life. Just watch out and try play smart.

:ss/Froslass:
Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt
Taunt is really gonna mess up your day especially if it bypasses magic bounce. This team relies on trick room and there really isn't any way it can overcome a matchup without it.

:ss/Gourgeist:
Gourgeist
This absolute monster somehow wrecks this team.
Adaptability Life Orb with bullet seed, shadow sneak, poltergeist, and filler will wreck this team and your only way to really beat it is to try take it out with a d-bond or Vikavolt.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1458550370
Beating an extremely fat balance team in less than 20 turns.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1456894386
Beating the trick room matchup.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1455471456
Example of how Triage beats the team

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1460489733
Example of how Taunt & Aurora Veil can mess up the team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1458555123
Example of a legitimate counter team since I kept winning

Thank you for attending my Ted Talk. :psysly:

DAAA: The Sequel

Since the month is approaching its end I am going to dump my teams here. I peaked at 1453 but did not grab a screenshot.
Screenshot 2021-11-27 172318.jpg

All teams have been repeatedly used and optimized. I'm not dropping untested teams or sets here. Click on the image to see the team.

daaat1.jpg
This team features swift swim zapdos and blastoise + scarf Vish.

I would say zapdos is the best rain sweeper in the tier for reasons I mentioned in my last post. It is faster than pretty much everything in the tier under rain and fires off with double 110 power STAB. I don't feel it makes rain too powerful, but I do think it makes rain the best weather in the tier. There isn't a better weather abuser in the tier.

I originally had a defensive blastoise and a specs wailord on the team, but I've found defensive mew outclasses blastoise in every single way. With amoongus already providing redirection, there's no need for blastoise to be carrying follow me and as such is freed up to run an offensive set instead. Mew just has good stats for a support pokemon.

I found you do not need vish to be swift swim if you provide proper support through fake out/rage powder. Giving Dracovish the ability to ignore counters via Teravolt is incredible. I would support a vish ban because the Teravolt set is strong enough by itself to be busted. It does not need weather support to be viable.
daaat2.jpg
This team is centered around Electric Surge Regieleki and Surge Surfer. I consider this team a failure as it's much less powerful than my rain team, which I made before it.

I consider Xurkitree to be the most underexplored pokemon in the format. You can fix its awful speed stat by replacing its ability. I think that the reason why this is not exactly the team for it is because you can just fix it using Unburden. You lose a little extra base power from Electric Terrain but Xurk being reliant on electric terrain has bitten me a few times when facing a defogger/psyspam.

Dracozolt is much worse than Dracovish but it actually is very good on this team. There might be a place for it in the meta somewhere but I don't think I found it.

I had the most success on this team by just leading Archeops + Zeraora, which doesn't play into the gimmick I built around at all. You can climb with it but it is not constructed very sturdily and it's better to use weather or psyspam because Unburden is just better than Surge Surfer in every way for the purposes of this format.
daaat3.jpg
This is a half-room team, designed to go either under or over the other team depending on the matchup. It has a very high skill floor.

Mew is the star of this team, utilizing Fake Out + Normal Gem + Unburden to hit a blistering speed and use After You to allow the slow pokemon to move first. This is rarely how you will win a game outright- I've found it's best used at the end of a game to secure a victory once trick room is over. But it can also be something you use to blow past a counter for a sweeper and then win the game under trick room.

As One is an underutilized ability for sweepers with speed control coming from other pokemon. I use it with Eruption Heatran here to blow past checks in trick room. Teravolt could be an option if you're struggling with Flash Fire but Dracovish blows past every other Flash Fire user that isn't Ferrothorn (and I think Ferrothorn is shit so I don't care).

Dracovish uses a CB Teravolt set here. There is nothing in the tier it does not two shot. Use it with Oranguru to kill any pokemon that doesn't protect or kill two pokemon if the first Fishious Rend kills one of them.

Oranguru is IVed to move after Heatran/Vish/Primarina under TR. The lack of traditional trick room sweepers on this team means that traditional trick room teams underspeed this one. This team is built to move first, so you will want to be very careful in the trick room matchup.
daaat4.jpg
This is a tailwind team. The gameplan is set up tailwind and kill the other team before it runs out. If that doesn't work we have Rage Powder support from Amoongus and Wide Guard on Celesteela for the outplay potential.

This is the team that got me from 1300 to 1450. As One Landorus is the star of this team. Being able to spam EQ with tailwind support is very very powerful.

In his 3rd appearance on this post with the exact same set, I want to take a second to finally mention Archeops. This set is the most goddamn splashable thing on the planet. Put it on any team and it will be a standout pokemon. It doesn't feel overcentralizing or overpowered but it does feel incredibly consistent and strong. Try it out on your own team and see for yourself.

Delibird is here because it's a flying type with fake out, which makes it the only pokemon that can have both any item and ability and use fake out and still be immune to EQ. It's a tiny niche but it's one this team uses very well. I give it Teravolt to ignore Dazzling. Destiny bond lets it go 1 to 1 independently some games, while my sweeper is going 4 to 1. If you're not feeling the Delibird, Mew is the second best thing.

Delta Stream is what probably makes this team too strong and Celesteela is a very good user of it since it's around for-fucking-ever. It stops weather, and it protects birds. This feels too good and I am in full support of a suspect test or a ban for it. Important to note that this celesteela set sucks ass and you can make a better one.
Closing thoughts:
This is a very fun metagame. 2 days left. Play it while you can. Delta Stream too strong, Dracovish is borderline. Use Archeops.

Last edited:

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg
Hi everyone, Eggs here with some Godly Gift Shared Power updates!

Dragapult, Accupressure, and Leppa Berry have been banned!

:dragapult: After Godly Gift's recent ban, we've decided to follow suit. While initially unexplored in the meta, after some testing we found that pult can easily win games after inheriting a high special attack stat, and is able to boost its speed with beast boost to become nearly impossible to revenge kill. After considering the various other abilities that increase its damage output, like Adaptability and Sheer Force, the council has decided to ban Dragapult.

:drapion: Acupressure was banned due to its evasion boosting tactics that can easily spiral out of control. Despite its unreliability, being able to win games through sheer luck that can be stacked with great defensive abilities and a high HP or defensive stat caused it to be deemed banworthy.

:snorlax: Leppa Berry was banned because it turns every pokemon into a Funbro regularly turns games into unfun and unwinnable stallfests. While we understand that the Leppa Berry can hold some niche competitive use, it's recycleable annoyance goes to new heights with abilities such as Sticky Hold and Aroma Veil, and is not an element worth keeping in the tier.

Now for some other news:

:xerneas: Godly Gift's recent ban of Xerneas will not affect GGSP. While Xerneas is stronger than ever thanks to Shared Power, there exists a wide variety of counterplay thanks to the state of GGSP's meta, including Prankster Haze, specially defensive Steels, and the presence of strong physical Priority moves, all of which can easily cut short a Geomancy sweep. The council will be keeping an eye on it just in case, however.

:dugtrio: OM Mashup Trios will be making a return in January, and Godly Gift Shared Power will be featured as one of the formats! More details coming out soon.

And lastly, I am proud to announce that Godly Gift Shared Power has become our newest Official Mashup! Thanks to the great work done by the council, GGSP has become one of our most popular and requested mashups, and the resources available make it easier for newer players to get involved. Big shoutouts to Byleth , ctproonie217 , and The Hisui Region for putting in a ton of work as council members, and an even bigger shoutout to our glorious tier leader Instruct for their excellent leadership on this project. Keep up the good work lads!

Ka1xo

Banned deucer.
as the official resident sleeper incarnate of omms
I am here today to talk about a new favourite mon that for some reason isn't used as much as i expected in tsaaa, this mon being :tyrantrum:

Tyrantrum is one of the very few viable head smash users in the tier along with :drednaw:(?) and if you're feeling spicy :sudowoodo: which is frankly only really usable in trick room as a banded breaker

since tyrantrum is NU it gets it's stats boosted by +30 giving it non-resident sleeper stats of
HP 82
Atk 151
Def 149
SpA 99
SpD 89
Spe 101
Now these don't look too special given the absurdity of mons in tsaaa with their insane stat boosts but the stats aren't what sell tyrantrum, it's the access to 150bp recoil-less head smash AND dragon dance boosting it's attack and speed by 1 stage allowing it to outspeed majority of mons in the tier and hit an absurd 600 phys at just +1. Combine that with mglo head smash + ground coverage and you have a recipe for disaster that can 2hko almost every single defensive mon in the tier and ohko every single non defensive mon in the tier as well as potentially ohkoing non-resisted defensive mons with head smash, earthquake and access to PLAY ROUGH for some reason, allowing u to ditch the double edged sword of a move (outrage) and use play rough which you can honestly ditch for substitute in some cases.

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Play Rough / Psychic Fangs
- Earthquake

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 174-205 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 208-246 (48.8 - 57.7%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Avalugg: 213-252 (54 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 190-226 (48.2 - 57.3%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 234-276 (64.2 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 192-227 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Tyrantrum does have it's checks though which can range from dauntless :gastrodon: or dauntless :quagsire: or even unaware quag which can fire off an earth power to abuse that slightly less than average spdef stat at a measly 89 which hurts a lot and can put a dent in its sweeping capabilities which is why pairing it with a mon like :dhelmise: or :vileplume: are good options along with any offensive grasses to threaten quag n gastro or even kill depending on the situation and free up tyrantrums path of destruction.

in conclusion, this mon is genuinely insane and I think it needs to be used more in the tier overall since I've rarely seen it in play, that is all <33

Hello fellow OMMers! If you don’t know me already, I’m Galarian Birds OU on PS and I’m an enthusiast for certain tiers even if I’m not like a “tournament winning freak” about it. This time, I will be team dumping and giving a bit of initial meta thoughts. This specific tier will be National Dex Revelationmons. It sounded like a fun idea at first, since there were many offensive Pokémon who did benefit from it, like Gliscor and Weavile. I built a few teams for this format, shoutout Advt and diseased rodent for helping me out with most of them! I’m going to share them. Do note that these teams haven’t had sufficient testing but all of them have been at least used in a competitive game once.

Mega Ampharos Trick Room
:Melmetal: :Ampharos-Mega: :Marowak-Alola: :Porygon2: :Cresselia: :Slowbro:
(Click sprites to see the paste, applies to all teams) Mega Ampharos sounded interesting as even though it wasn’t exactly improving with Discharge or anything, it’s def an alternative over Camerupt. Overall standard, has its weaknesses but I mean it’s Trick Room. (Also big thanks to FangFoe for giving me the idea and collaborating with me on this team!)

EVIL CLEF :blobpex: + Normal PUP Encore Mega Lop + Trapper Fini Offense
:Clefable: :Lopunny-Mega: :Landorus-Therian: :Corviknight: :Weavile: :Tapu Fini:
This all is pretty standard outside of the Clef which is probably going to be really bad with the abundance of faster Breakers everywhere making MU fishing difficult. At least the rest of the team is consistent enough for Clef to occasionally clean up.

Fighting Fake Out + Psychic Body Slam Mega Medi + Fast Darks BO
:Medicham-Mega: :Weavile: :Greninja: :Corviknight: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Bulu:
This team having triple priority is a coincidence but it does help with the already powerful speed control this team has. If you’ve realized, this Mega Medicham is not running Return. Why? Well, everything else on this team doesn’t let in Lando for free and Lando hates the Para as well. Body Slam also allows Medi to cripple other switch ins like M Latias and Clef. Tapu Bulu is the Gren check. Fairy Horn Leech is cool offensively to deal more damage to like Chomp and in general still forms good coverage with Close Combat. I haven’t really used Bulu in a significant manner yet if I’m being honest, but I do think it has a place on this team outside of being a Gren check. On paper, Bulu’s a pretty solid wincon when its checks have been chipped with Medi, Weav, Gren and entry hazards. All in all, Bulu seems to be fine for now, but I wouldn’t dispute changing it for something else like Tapu Fini later on.

Mega Aerodactyl + Kart Zone Offense
:Aerodactyl-Mega: :Magnezone: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Fini: :Greninja: :Kartana:
My first team I built for the tier. Magnezone allows me to immediately threaten metal birbs obviously, with Kart, Lando and Aero as my main sources of physical offense. (Though Mega Aerodactyl can freely boost on Corv in certain situations) Sub Z helps against Mega Mawile and can ease prediction. Discharge > Flash Cannon is pretty obvious, but if not it’s because the chance to Para is just more significant imo. Lando is Scarf for extra speed control, Gren is U-turn because the team’s double Defog, filler so it sounds cooler.

Congratulations! You’ve reached the end of my weak to Megafunbro team dump! However, I’m not finished yet. Now, I’ll be putting other potential ideas for National Dex Revelationmons to build!

:ss/Tapu Koko:
Tapu Koko
No, I didn’t forget about this. Tapu Koko now has the physical STAB it wants and is able to wreak havoc against common meta threats. Whether it be Life Orb, Choice Band, mixed / not mixed Expert Belt or Specs, Tapu Koko will never seize to be threatening at team preview or when building.

:sm/Slowbro-Mega:
Mega Slowbro
Megabro isn’t as passive anymore thanks to Revelationmons giving it STAB Body Press. With its sheer presence, it is bound to be forcing really aggressive double switches. Iron Defense + Body Press + recovery is really beneficial for this Mon given its ability to easily generate free turns to boost. All in all, Megabro is scary and is something you definitely should not be giving free turns to.

:SS/Skarmory:
Skarmory
Inspired by UT, I think Skarmory will be solid in this metagame as a Spike setter for offensive teams. STAB Flying Body Press is nothing to laugh at, and its ability to check physical attackers like Kart, Weav and Rilla is appreciated by most builds. It’s unfortunate that Skarm can’t threaten Magnezone anymore, though it’s not like it changes much anyway if it gets in safely.

:SM/Gliscor: / :Choice Band: or :Life Orb: or :Soft Sand: (?) :SS/Landorus-Therian:
Grounds
Grouping these together because both can wipe out teams when metal birds are gone. An issue with both these Grounds is that they’re not particularly fast so pairing them up with speed control is a good idea.

I don’t have any more ideas at the moment, so I guess this is the true end! Thank you for keeping up with this long, boring post I took three hours on! I hope whoever reads this has a great day and whatever I didn’t say is automatically said!

Last edited:
At long last, the thing nobody asked for and nobody wanted

(Un)Official TSAAA Set Compendium!

Basically, I took every single set that has ever been used in the history of TSAAA (This is an exaggeration, obviously) at mashed em into a very chonky Pokepaste. There are still a ton of sets that haven't been documented for reasons such as being unviable, completely outclassed by another set, or me being stupid and forgoring they exist.

Feel free to yell at me for forgoring your favorite set and also being very much stupid
give me council i have good ideas
bye

At long last, the thing nobody asked for and nobody wanted

(Un)Official TSAAA Set Compendium!

Basically, I took every single set that has ever been used in the history of TSAAA (This is an exaggeration, obviously) at mashed em into a very chonky Pokepaste. There are still a ton of sets that haven't been documented for reasons such as being unviable, completely outclassed by another set, or me being stupid and forgoring they exist.

Feel free to yell at me for forgoring your favorite set and also being very much stupid
give me council i have good ideas
bye
missing:
bdrum charizard
screens pyukumuku
regenvest yveltal
triage yveltal
adaptability yveltal
water absorb mudsdale and sandslash
sap sipper mudsdale and sandslash
regen mudsdale and sandslash
probably smthn else
also i think the grugs uses sheer force with rock slide over sub and the vileplume has chlorophyll for some reason

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
New bans and updates for Godly Power at your service! The council has decided to quickban Sturdy and Flare Boost!

:Shuckle: Sturdy has caused an unhealthy over centralization where Sturdy Hyper Offense teams have a distinct advantage over many teams. This ability in conjunction with Heavy-Duty Boots near guarantees the opponent can live a hit and thus easily revenge kill and roadblock certain win cons, forcing limiting counterplay to this strategy on teams such as running something that specifically deals with Sturdy such as multihit moves, which can be restrictive.

:Drifblim: Flare Boost has proved itself problematic due to its offensive presence, made excessive by stackable abilities such as Marvel Scale and Quick Feet. Of these abilities, the council felt Flare Boost was the issue as the Special Attack boost made it very hard to switch into attacks, made even worse due to the bans of Heatran and Ice Scales, which originally kept it in check.

:raichu-alola: Welcome Chrome8 to the council, a great player can provide their insight with the resources we're going to provide this winter!

Update: :mudsdale: Stamina is banned. Due to +1 defense on every attack, stallier builds have given an impeccable matchup against physically oriented teams. This would be OK, however, if defensive setup teams weren't already so good. Stamina in combination with calm mind made teams that relied on stored power almost impossible to stop and actively punishes you for trying to take it down due to +1 def every turn, which makes it very a unhealthy ability to play against.

tysm Byleth for proofreading and improving the writeups

Last edited:
AAA Doubles will be suspect testing Urshifu Rapid Strike!
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:

This suspect test will be an attempt to reintroduce Urshifu Rapid Strike back into AAA Doubles after it was quickbanned. Urshifu Rapid Strike is one of the biggest offensive threats thanks to Surging Strikes that always land a critical hit that supplements well with offensive abilities such as Adaptability or Sniper as well as ignoring attack drops such as from Intimidate or defense boosts such as Dauntless Shield. However, there are ways to counteract Urshifu, most notably Storm Drain which can redirect and negate Surging Strikes, other methods include Drought that weakens Water-type moves or faster Pokemon that's able to KO it such as Zapdos or Dragapult.

This suspect test will last for 2 weeks, until Monday, 27th December 2021. To qualify for voting, you will need to win at least 1 tournament from the suspect test period.

hello all i have decided to bless u all with a fat omm team dump as an early christmas present
warning: many of these are bad!

:yanmega: psychium yanmega balance-natdex stabmons
:charizard: ground zardy bulky offense- natdex bonus type
:greninja: funny greninja-natdex sketchmons
:mew: prankster mew hyper offense- natdex staaabmons
i got my start in omms by playing natdex om tours, which is why i have these 4 gems
:miasmaw: dd tech miasmaw bulky offense- cap staaabmons
:metagross: unburden metagross what the hell-tsaaa
a couple of these have mons which are now banned
:anorith: anorith ho-staaabmons
:scyther: scyther hazard stack-tier shift balanced hackmons
:articuno: articuno balance-natdex inverse
:metagross: another meta_gross team-tsaaa
:diancie: the worst team- ts godly gift
:calyrex-ice: poison heal diancie-gaadly gift
:linoone: caly i semistall- gaaadly gift
:spectrier: meteor beam spect ho-sketchmon ubers
:victini: scarf vict bulky offense-godly gift camo
:necrozma: grugs v1- natdex aaa
:tauros: fully special tauros balance-godly gift camo
:aurorus: mbeam aurorus- stabmons doubles
:whiscash: grugs v2- tsaaa
:zarude: goatma balance-staaab
:regieleki: sleepy guys-multibility ph
:sneasel: #unbansneasel-tsaaa
:rhydon: rhydon bo-tsaaa
:exeggutor: egg-abcamo
:exeggutor: egg- abcamo cap
:rufflet: scalemons ag
:starmie: mbeam starmie hail-abcamo
:beartic: beartic rain-abcamo
:vaporeon: randomized- doustab
:tyrunt: tyrunt sun- lc camo
:espeon: :brain off- aaabcamo
:mew: guts mew HO-aaacamo
:pyukumuku: screens pyuku ho-tsaaa
:froslass: my magnum opus-tsaaa :yveltal:
analysis coming soon
:swoobat: sash swoobat ho-ultramix
:gigalith: hasty gigalith balance-tsns staaabmons
:necrozma: necrozma ho 2- tsaaa
:sharpedo: sand screens-abcamo
:kyogre: swampertite ogre-mnm ag
:salazzle: mind blown salazzle- skaaaatchmons
:drifblim: dragon ascent drifblim- tsabc
:hitmontop: scuffedmontop-ggsp
:rattata: rattata op- gen1 scalemons
:archeops: archeops god: ts gg
:exploud: boomer team-doustab
:zamazenta: zama balance-tsaaa
:solgaleo: solgaleo bulky offense-tsaaa
:bronzong: small amount of cteam-tsaaa
:politoed: belly drum politoed-stabnmega
:natu: aerialate natu-bh lc
:yveltal: triage yveltal balance-tsaaa
:landorus-therian: lorb lando bo-ndrev
:palkia: adapt palkia balance-tsaaa
:pikachu: galvanize pika-staaab tiers
:necrozma-dusk-mane: immunity spam-ggsp
:calyrex-ice: subseed caly-ndag 1v1
:armaldo: armaldo rain-bonus type camo
:yanmega: yanmega!!!-bdsp bonus type
:heatran: hell on earth-aagsp
:breloom: even worse-aagsp
:whiscash: rainy grug-aaasp
:armaldo: armaldo vs the world-bdsp bh rev
:barraskewda: scarf barra-ndag stab
:inteleon: inteleon rain-aaasp
:farfetch stick bird ho-tsaaa
:sirfetchd: stick bird ho-staaaab sp
:umbreon: unaware umbreon-gen 5 staaab
:marowak-alola: rilla marowak- camo inheritence

that is it. no more
unknown.png

Last edited:

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg
Hi everyone, Eggs here with a quick announcement!

I'd like to congratulate RICEMAN , our newest Mashups Leader and Room Owner! Continually one of the friendliest, most helpful, and knowledgeable members of our community, RICEMAN has gone above and beyond in the past few months. He's the heart and soul of the community, and the other Room Owners and I are excited to welcome him to our ranks. Keep up the good work!

I remember when I first joined this community back in early 2019. That was a particularly hard period of my life which is why this was such a welcome distraction at the time. I still remember back in the days of Gen7 STAAAB RU and TS AAA when we'd theorycraft sets waiting for a tour to be set cause no mods were online. I met so many great people through this room and spent some of my toughest days playing roomtours in it. For this reason, the OMM room and community will always be very special to me.

But this is precisely why I feel the time has come for me to step down from RO and project leader. I'm so proud of how this room has grown under my guidance, but lately (for the past 6 months at least) I haven't been giving it the attention it deserves. Prepping and playing in tours has been taking up most of my showdown time, since it's what I enjoy the most. At the same time, there's others who would make better use of this position than myself. My place will be taken by Rice, a good friend and someone who I know shares the same passion for this room that I used to when I first took up the mantle of RO. I fully trust him and the other 3 leaders to keep this community growing and moving forward.

I have worded this post as a goodbye of sorts because it feels like that to me, but this doesn't mean I'm leaving the community. I'll be sticking around as a driver for the time being, so I'll still be somewhat involved. Just not enough to warrant a RO position. See you guys around!

:ss/Ho-oh: TSAAA Announcement :ss/Lugia:
Multiple Unbans, Silvally-Dragon & Marowak-Alola watchlist, & Viability Ranking on the way!
After a lot of deliberation and noticing that the meta has somewhat stagnated, the TSAAA Council has decided to unban a multitude of pokemon. We hope that this will reinvigorate teambuilding as well as provide some answers/competitors to pokemon that have been a constraint/staple to many teams.

:ss/Dialga: Dialga
:ss/Giratina:Giratina
:ss/Giratina-Origin:Giratina-Origin
:ss/Groudon: Groudon
:ss/Ho-oh:Ho-oh
:ss/Kyogre: Kyogre
:ss/Lugia: Lugia
:ss/Lunala: Lunala
:ss/Reshiram: Reshiram
:ss/Necrozma Dawn Wings: Necrozma-Dawn Wings
:ss/Urshifu: Urshifu Single-Strike (Wicked Blow is legal)
:ss/Zygarde: Zygarde 50%

:ss/Zamazenta: Zamazenta-Hero
:ss/Zamazenta-Crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned

We will be keeping an eye on all of the pokemon re-introduced into the tier. If any contribute in an unhealthy manner then the pokemon will be quick-banned. During this period we will also be putting two pokemon on the watchlist as they have had a huge presence in the meta.

:ss/Silvally-Dragon:
Silvally Dragon has been a staple SpDef wall with the AV+Regen set on many teams for good reason. With 95/135 bulk and great defensive typing, Silvally-Dragon can easily sponge hits from almost all special attackers in the meta then easily u-turn and heal off the damage with regenerator. This pokemon is an amazing wall for any team and must always be considered when teambuilding in turn making it quite restrictive. Silvally-Dragon’s Specs Dragon Maw set is similarly restrictive, forcing balance structures to run otherwise suboptimal choices such as the uncommon Fairy-types and the few Steel-types that are able to take Draco Meteor in hopes of checking it. With the unbans we will be looking at if this pokemon is still problematic.

:ss/Marowak-Alola:
Marowak Alola has been an absolute menace with its ability to 2hko almost anything in the meta that isn't a resist. Its slow speed can be mitigated through speed boosting abilities such as Surge Surfer or Chlorophyll. However, the main way this pokemon has been run is on Trick Room teams. With Trick Room active, Alowak is able to outspeed a majority of teams and instantly start breaking. In just 3 turns, Alowak can punch tremendous holes in teams without much counterplay. Because of this insane wall-breaking potential, Alowak will also be put on the watchlist and the council will determine if it is still problematic with the Unbans.

Finally an update on the VR!
The council is currently working on creating a VR for TSAAA and we aim to get it out by the 2nd week of the New Year. Along with this we are also going to be updating the TSAAA resources.

Tagging CringeMeta to implement.

Last edited:
The suspect test for Urshifu-Rapid in AAA Doubles is now over. Here are the qualified voters.
suspect 1.pngsuspect 2.pngsuspect 3.pngsuspect 4.pngsuspect 5.pngsuspect 6.png

Unfortunately, the AAA Doubles suspect test did not gather much attention, and half of them need verification on having a smogon account because I cannot @ them. So far, we have longhiep341, HeatEdgeSword, and Instruct (Hisuian Zoroark) qualified to vote on Urshifu-Rapid, though voting won't start until this Thursday (or so) as I need to verify. As usual, Urshifu-Rapid will be unbanned if it receives over 60% unban votes.

It's almost the end of the year, so I've come to make it double with two Almost Any Ability Doubles announcements!

:urshifu:
With 2 out of 3 unban votes, Urshifu Rapid Strike will be unbanned in AAA Doubles for now! Of course, if it somehow ends up being problematic, we may look into it again in the future.

:dragonite:
AAA Doubles will also be quickbanning Dragonite. The main reason is that Dragonite can demolish almost anything in its way with the combination of Aerilate and Choice Band. Faster threats can be overwhelmed by its Extreme Speed, and not even Zeraora and Zapdos can take more than 2 of its Double-Edge without Intimidate. Additionally, Dragonite has a fantastic 91/95/100 bulk with a good Dragon/Flying-type that it can usually stomach from one neutral attack. These factors make Dragonite a force to be reckoned with.

While it is true that Dragonite is not impossible to counteract, such as having Queenly Majesty/Dazzling or Intimidate/Dauntless Shield, a suspect test would have been more desirable. However, the Urshifu suspect test didn't garner much interest (though admittedly, I probably shouldn't be busying playing other games), so it's opted to quickban Dragonite instead. Don't expect Archeops to be banned anytime soon though.

/tour new Doubles, elimination
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, 2 Ability Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, -Anger Point, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Dancer, -Desolate Land, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Prankster, -Primordial Sea, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Rattled, -Serene Grace, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Soul-Heart, -Stakeout, -Steam Engine, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Water Compaction, -Wonder Guard, -Dragonite, -Kyurem-Black, -Regigigas, -Shedinja, -Zygarde-Base, -Beat Up, -Stored Power, -Weakness Policy
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] Almost Any Ability Doubles

tagging CringeMeta and Think to implement the changes when possible.

:ss/silvally-fire: :ss/silvally-fighting: :ss/silvally-electric: TSAAA Hub:ss/silvally-grass: :ss/silvally-water: :ss/silvally-ghost:
Council
:marowak-alola: RICEMAN (Tier Leader)
:anorith: diseased rodent

:dragonite: longhiep341
:avalugg: The Dragon Master

What is TSAAA?
TSAAA is a mashup of the OMs Tier Shift and Almost Any Ability. As with most OMMs, TSAAA is quite different from its components, meaning that it tiers independently from these two OMs.

How can I play TSAAA?
TSAAA is playable on the main PS! server via the tournament/challenge codes below. Tournaments are set in the OM Mashups and Tours Plaza rooms often (do remember that only the former takes requests). TSAAA exists as a format in the PS! side server Trashchannel.
/tour new [Gen 8] Almost Any Ability, Elimination,,,[Gen 8] Tier Shift AAA/tour rules Tier Shift Mod, -Tinted Lens, -Damp Rock, -Eviolite, -Heat Rock, -Light Ball, -Absol, -Arctovish, -Bellossom, -Guzzlord, -Marowak-Base, -Sneasel, -Talonflame, +Blacephalon, +Buzzwole, +Cinderace, +Darmanitan-Galar, +Dracovish, +Dragapult, +Dragonite, +Dialga, +Gengar, +Genesect, +Giratina, +Giratina-Origin, +Groudon, +Ho-Oh, +Kartana, +Keldeo, +Kyogre, +Kyurem, +Landorus, +Lugia, +Lunala, +Magearna, +Melmetal, +Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, +Noivern, +Palkia, +Reshiram, +Solgaleo, +Spectrier, +Urshifu-Base, +Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, +Victini, +Weavile, +Yveltal, +Zamazenta-Base, +Zamazenta-Crowned, +Zeraora, +Zygarde-Base, +Magic Bounce, +Unburden
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/challenge [Gen 8] Almost Any Ability @@@Tier Shift Mod,-Tinted Lens,-Damp Rock,-Eviolite,-Heat Rock,-Light Ball,-Absol,-Arctovish,-Bellossom,-Guzzlord,-Marowak-Base,-Sneasel,-Talonflame,+Blacephalon,+Buzzwole,+Cinderace,+Darmanitan-Galar,+Dracovish,+Dragapult,+Dragonite,+Dialga,+Gengar,+Genesect,+Giratina,+Giratina-Origin,+Groudon,+Ho-Oh,+Kartana,+Keldeo,+Kyogre,+Kyurem,+Landorus,+Lugia,+Lunala,+Magearna,+Melmetal,+Necrozma-Dawn-Wings,+Noivern,+Palkia,+Reshiram,+Solgaleo,+Spectrier,+Urshifu-Base,+Urshifu-Rapid-Strike,+Victini,+Weavile,+Yveltal,+Zamazenta-Base,+Zamazenta-Crowned,+Zeraora,+Zygarde-Base,+Magic Bounce,+Unburden

Ruleset

Clauses:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
  • 2 Ability Clause: A player cannot have more than two Pokemon with the same Ability on a team.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • Sleep Moves Clause: Bans all moves that induce sleep, such as Hypnosis.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
Bans:
:absol: Absol
:archeops: Archeops
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:eternatus: Eternatus
:guzzlord: Guzzlord
:kartana: Kartana
:kyurem-black: Kyurem-Black
:kyurem-white: Kyurem-White
:marowak: Marowak
:marshadow: Marshadow
:mewtwo: Mewtwo
:necrozma-dusk mane: Necrozma-Dusk Mane
:pheromosa: Pheromosa
:rayquaza: Rayquaza
:regigigas: Regigigas
:shedinja: Shedinja
:sneasel: Sneasel
:talonflame: Talonflame
:xerneas: Xerneas
:zacian: Zacian
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
:zekrom: Zekrom
Damp Rock
Heat Rock
King's Rock
Light Ball
Arena Trap
Comatose
Contrary
Fluffy
Fur Coat
Gorilla Tactics
Huge Power
Ice Scales
Illusion
Imposter
Innards Out
Intrepid Sword
Libero
Magnet Pull
Moody
Neutralizing Gas
Parental Bond
Poison Heal
Protean
Pure Power
Shadow Tag
Simple
Stakeout
Speed Boost
Tinted Lens
Water Bubble
Wonder Guard

Resources
S Tier
:silvally-dragon: Silvally-Dragon

A+ Tier
:dhelmise: Dhelmise
:golisopod: Golisopod
:inteleon: Inteleon
:lanturn: Lanturn

A Tier
:avalugg: Avalugg
:espeon: Espeon
:salazzle: Salazzle
:silvally-electric: Silvally-Electric
:silvally-steel: Silvally-Steel
:vaporeon: Vaporeon

A- Tier
:centiskorch: Centiskorch
:gallade: Gallade
:groudon: Groudon
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola
:urshifu: Urshifu-Single Strike

B+ Tier
:braviary: Braviary
:diancie: Diancie
:dragalge: Dragalge
:drednaw: Drednaw
:froslass: Froslass
:glastrier: Glastrier
:ho-oh: Ho-oh
:jellicent: Jellicent
:ribombee: Ribombee
:silvally-fairy: Silvally-Fairy
:yveltal: Yveltal
:zarude: Zarude

B Tier
:articuno-galar: Articuno-Galar
:bouffalant: Bouffalant
:cresselia: Cresselia
:mantine: Mantine
:metagross: Metagross
:necrozma: Necrozma
:noivern: Noivern
:tyrantrum: Tyrantrum
:xurkitree: Xurkitree

B- Tier
:articuno: Articuno
:gigalith: Gigalith
:giratina: Giratina-Altered
:jirachi: Jirachi
:mudsdale: Mudsdale
:polteageist: Polteageist
:rapidash: Rapidash
:regirock: Regirock
:sawk: Sawk
:skarmory: Skarmory
:starmie: Starmie
:torkoal: Torkoal
:tsareena: Tsareena
:umbreon: Umbreon

C+ Tier
:aerodactyl: Aerodactyl
:altaria: Altaria
:beheeyem: Beheeyem
:charizard: Charizard
:dialga: Dialga
:dragonite: Dragonite
:drampa: Drampa
:duraludon: Duraludon
:exeggutor: Exeggutor
:kadabra: Kadabra
:keldeo: Keldeo
:klinklang: Klinklang
:leafeon: Leafeon
:lickilicky: Lickilicky
:lunala: Lunala
:magmortar: Magmortar
:mesprit: Mesprit
:necrozma-dawn wings: Necrozma-Dawn Wings
:ninjask: Ninjask
:omastar: Omastar
:passimian: Passimian
:scyther: Scyther
:toxapex: Toxapex
:vikavolt: Vikavolt

C Tier
:aggron: Aggron
:blastoise: Blastoise
:bronzong: Bronzong
:calyrex: Calyrex
:cryogonal: Cryogonal
:flapple: Flapple
:jolteon: Jolteon
:kabutops: Kabutops
:magearna: Magearna
:magneton: Magneton
:mr mime-galar: Mr. Mime-Galar
:mr rime: Mr. Rime
:octillery: Octillery
:orbeetle: Orbeetle
:pangoro: Pangoro
:pyukumuku: Pyukumuku
:raichu: Raichu
:raichu-alola: Raichu-Alola
:regice: Regice
:solgaleo: Solgaleo
:throh: Throh
:trevenant: Trevenant
:whiscash: Whiscash
:zoroark: Zoroark

Last edited:
STABmons Doubles: On the radar

When was the last time I've talked about STABmons Doubles? Anyway, I'll be listing anything that might be overwhelming in STABmons Doubles and may be worth taking action later down line.

:ss/genesect:
Genesect/Rage Powder
Genesect is one of the best redirectors in the metagame with the combination of its fantastic type combination and stats as well as Sticky Web for speed control and Pollen Puff to provide recovery for its ally. It complements very well with Dragon Dance Kyurem Black thanks to it being resistant to most of Kyurem's weaknesses among others such as Calm Mind Tapu Fini. With some bulk invested, Genesect can several powerful hits before going down.

Comparisons:
252 Atk Choice Band Dragapult Spectral Thief vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 217-256 (76.6 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Dragapult Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Genesect: 184-217 (53.1 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Note: That is before taking Sitrus Berry into account, the Genesect below should turn Spectral Thief into a 3HKO after a Sitrus Berry recovery whereas the Genesect above always get 2HKO if it doesn't have attack boost)

While banning Genesect might be the obvious route, I feel like the metagame would have shaken up significantly with its ban since it's one of the few fast Steel-types (Yes there's Excadrill but that requires sand). An alternative would be restricting Rage Powder instead, but none of the Bug-type are as efficient as Genesect (or Shedinja), though I think I might prefer the latter approach and we should prioritize on Genesect/Rage Powder.

:ss/tapu lele:
Tapu Lele
With Expanding Force, Tapu Lele has become a force to be reckoned with. If there's Psychic Terrain, Expanding Force will not only become more powerful in addition to the power boost that the terrain provided but now hitting both foes as well. That makes Choice Specs or Life Orb a very appealing choice to Tapu Lele for further bolstering its firepower. Tapu Lele could use go for a more supportive role with either Taunt or Instruct that also pack a powerful spread move.

(It appears that the damage calculation for Expanding Force is busted for Doubles setting, so I won't be showing it until it's fixed.)

On the other hand, I feel like we should be given some more time to adapt to it. Aside from overriding its terrain, Scarf Genesect and Incineroar serve as a good check to it. We also could explore other Pokemon such as Metagross thanks to its extreme resistance to Psychic-type.

:ss/blacephalon:
Blacephalon
Step 1: Click Eruption
Blacephalon serves as a fantastic component for more offensive-oriented teams with its good speed of 107 unlike bad mon Heatran and boasting a whopping 151 Special Attack, allowing it to unleash powerful Eruption that hits both foes (notice a trend there). That said, it's not impossible to counteract Blacephalon with speed control or faster Pokemon can exploit its frailty. But if it ends up too hot to handle, banning Blacephalon might be the right step in the direction as other Eruption users aren't nearly as good as Blacephalon.

:ss/urshifu:
Wicked Blow
I feel like perhaps we're looking at Wicked Blow at the wrong angle by trying to find Pokemon that can further complement Wicked Blow with their offensive ability. Incineroar, Tyranitar, and Weavile are still able to take advantage of Wicked Blow thanks to its ability to always land a critical hit, essentially turning it into a 120 Power move with no drawback and ignoring attack drops from Intimidate. Depending on how things go, Wicked Blow might receive a council vote again.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Small Announcement from the Godly Power Council!

:zamazenta: Zamazenta is banned due to its amazing stats in combination with its ability, making it one of the premiere, if not the best, gods to give stats. Due to this, most teams would run scarf Zamazenta in order to catch people off guard with its 138 base speed against any who try and attempt to outspeed the pokemon that receives its speed stat and as a result, it became unhealthy and centralizing. Zamazenta-Crowned will still be allowed due to its lower speed and being unable to hold an item, making it a premiere stat donor that is not suffocating to build against.

Last edited:
Little cup Mix and Mega Teamdump 1

Blastoisinite carvanha hyper offense
1643340330102.png
1643340350992.png
1643340399738.png
1643340975031.png
1643340999778.png
1643341037826.png

The paste
To be honest, I haven't put much thought into this team. All I have done is put all offensive threats of the metagame in one team (with onix as there isn't any better HO lead). It would be functional, of course (tested).

Berry juice dwebble rocks + Metagrossite Pony-G
1643341208686.png
1643341237024.png
1643341249090.png
1643341425571.png
1643341442954.png
1643341460504.png

The paste
This team revolves around Pinsirite carvanha and the 2nd variant of another offensive threat of the metagame (Ponyta, ofc), Galarian Ponyta. The set has the power to offensively threaten most mons of the metagame, and the rest are murdered by mons used here like sneasel and carvanha. (Tangela, for instance) dwebble provides extremely useful rocks+spikes support and vullaby is used to defog possible rocks of yet another threat, onix. (honestly it doesn't fit but Defog+pivot can be extremely useful at times)

Rain gimmick
1643341729572.png
1643341773483.png
1643362433995.png
1643342350912.png
1643342373164.png
1643354076111.png

The paste
Rain is fun ! Really sad by the fact that there's no drizzle mon in LC :( ...Krabby is my favourite mon for these archetypes, especially rain. Rain boosted crabhammer hurts a lot, honestly. The speed given by swampertite (in rain, obviously) is really nice for a slow mon like it. Carvanha, my favourite mon (If you haven't noticed yet) also has the ability to abuse rain. A simple thing to keep in mind is -- Lead with magnemite-if you ever use this team. It sets up rain consistently and explosion helps the abusers. Perfect accuracy thunder is also a thing !

Snow gimmick
1643342739757.png
1644292534628.png
1643342817943.png
1643342879162.png
1643342904747.png
1643342920868.png

The paste
Snow is fun ! Really sad by the fact that there isn't any other slush rush mon better than... Sandshrew -_- : Although scarf sobble is a part of gimmick, it might actually work out as a fast offensive threat ! So, watch out ! [GOATED]

Thanks a lot for reading this XD !

Last edited:
:ss/vullaby:Mix and Mega NFE HUB:ss/raboot:

What is Mix and Mega NFE ?
Mix and Mega NFE (often shortened to MnMNFE or NFEMnM) is a mashup of the Other Metagames NFE and Mix and Mega. Only Pokemon that can still evolve are allowed, and can use Mega Stones to gain the stats and abilities of those Mega Evolutions.

Council :
:raboot: Aggrometaile [Leader]
:duosion: TrainerGoldAlt
:ivysaur: WMAR
:thwackey: Shing'n Streets

Ruleset

Not Fully Evolved, Standard, Dynamax Clause, [Gen 8] Mix and Mega

Restrictions

Doublade, Dragonair, Electabuzz, Haunter, Magmar, Magneton, Mr. Mime-Galar, Pawniard, Piloswine, Porygon2, Rhydon, Scyther, Sneasel, Type: Null

Bans

Chansey, Golbat, Shadow Tag, Baton Pass, Arena Trap

Unbans

Golbat

Banned Stones

Beedrillite, Blazikenite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Medichamite, Pidgeotite

Where to play this ?
This meta is playable on the ROM side server! It is also playable with a challenge code, and can be set as a tournament in the OM Mashups room on PS! upon request.

Code:
/tour create [Gen 8] Mix and Mega, elim,,, [Gen 8] NFE Mix and Mega
/tour rules Not Fully Evolved, *Doublade, *Dragonair, *Electabuzz, *Haunter, *Magneton, *Pawniard, *Piloswine, *Porygon2, *Rhydon, *Scyther, *Sneasel, *Type: Null, -Arena Trap, -Shadow Tag, -Chansey
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
Code:
/challenge [Gen8] Mix and Mega @@@ Not Fully Evolved, *Doublade, *Dragonair, *Haunter, *Magneton, *Pawniard, *Porygon2, *Rhydon, *Scyther, *Sneasel, *Type: Null, -Arena Trap, -Shadow Tag, -Chansey, +Magmar

Resources -
(Under construction)

If there's anyone else who wants to help, DM me (ZAstra#6450), post on my wall, or PM on PS or ROM.

S rank
S:

:Electabuzz: (Absolite | Manectite)
Offensive Pivot (Electabuzz) @ Absolite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
S-:
:Golbat: (Sablenite | Manectite | Gyaradosite)
Defensive / Utility Pivot (Golbat) @ Manectite / Sablenite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird / Poison Fang
- Defog
- Roost
Mean look (Golbat) @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Mean Look
- Roost
- Brave Bird / Poison Fang
Offensive Pivot (Golbat) @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Pursuit / Poison Fang
- Roost
Nasty Plot (Golbat) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Sludge Bomb
- Heat Wave
A rank
A+:

:Magmar: (Manectite | Charizardite Y | Cameruptite | Aerodactylite)
Magmar @ Manectite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe [Modest]
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast / Flame Charge
- Scorching Sands / Flame Charge

Magmar @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe [Timid]
Timid / Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Overheat / Flame Charge
- Psychic
- Scorching Sands / Focus Blast

Magmar @ Cameruptite
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Scorching Sands
- Focus Blast

Magmar @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Cross Chop / Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Flame Charge / Belly Drum
:Piloswine: (Lucarionite | Eviolite)
Offensive Stealth Rock [Fast] (Piloswine) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
Offensive Stealth Rock [Bulky] (Piloswine) @ Lucarionite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
Specially Defensive Stealth Rock (Piloswine) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 232 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
A:
:Duosion: (Sablenite | Eviolite | Cameruptite | Terrain Extender)
Future Sight (Duosion) @ Sablenite / Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD (Calm)
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Energy Ball / Shadow Ball
- Shadow Ball / Thunder Wave / Energy Ball
- Recover
Psychic terrain (Duosion) @ Terrain Extender
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic Terrain
- Expanding Force
- Recover
- Explosion
Duosion @ Cameruptite
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Trick Room
- Energy Ball / Trick Room
- Recover

A-:
:Corsola-Galar: (Gyaradosite | Sablenite | Banettite)
Stealth Rock (Corsola-Galar) @ Banettite / Gyaradosite / Sablenite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Haze
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade / Shadow Ball
:Combusken: (Pinsirite | Lucarionite)
Set up sweeper (Combusken) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Last Resort

Combusken @ Lucarionite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break

Combusken @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
:Drakloak: (Pinsirite)
All Out Attacker (Drakloak) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Clear Body
- Dragon Dance
- Last Resort
:Fraxure: (Aerodactylite | Metagrossite)
Dragon Dance (Fraxure) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rivalry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab / Substitute
- Superpower / Substitute

Swords Dance (Fraxure) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Rivalry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab / First Impression / Substitute
- Superpower / Substitute
:Kadabra: (Diancite)
Kadabra @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
:Linoone-Galar: (Banettite)
Offensive Pivot (Linoone-Galar) @ Banettite
Ability: Pickup
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Throat Chop / Knock Off
- Body Slam / Double Edge
- Parting Shot
:Machoke: (Aerodactylite | Charizardite X)
Machoke @ Aerodactylite / Charizardite X
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch / Earthquake
- Heavy Slam / Earthquake
:Porygon2: (Eviolite)
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack / Thunderbolt / Teleport
- Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Teleport
- Ice Beam
:Raboot: (Metagrossite | Charizardite X | Aerodactylite)
Metagrossite 4 attacks (Raboot) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Libero / Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick

Raboot @ Aerodactylite / Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch / U-turn
- Flame Charge
:Togetic: (Sablenite | Manectite)
Togetic @ Sablenite / Manectite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA [Bold] or 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD [Bold]
Calm / Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Nasty Plot / Wish / Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam / Heat Wave
B rank
B+:

:Carkol: (Ampharosite)
:Clefairy: (Ampharosite)
:Gabite: (Lucarionite | Sablenite | Eviolite)
:Gurdurr: (Aerodactylite)
:Marshtomp: (Sablenite)
:Mr Mime-galar: (Absolite | Diancite | Manectite)
:Roselia: (Sablenite | Venusaurite)
1646982283644.png
(Eviolite)
:Vibrava: (Altarianite | Audinite)
:Vullaby: (Sablenite)
:Wartortle: (Manectite | Sceptilite | Latiasite | Eviolite)
B:
:Koffing: (Sablenite | Eviolite)
:Mareanie: (Latiasite | Gyaradosite)
:Pikachu: (Light ball)
:Seadra: (Diancite)
:Tangela: (Eviolite | Venusaurite | Gyaradosite | Sablenite | Manectite)
:Thwackey: (Aerodactylite)
B-:
:Doublade: (Eviolite)
:Hakamo-o: (Lucarionite | Metagrossite | Aerodactylite)
:Kubfu: (Metagrossite | Aerodactylite)
:Mienfoo: (Altarianite | Pinsirite)

:electabuzz: :Roselia: :Golbat: :togetic: :gabite: :piloswine:
Gyaradosite Golbat Double Hazard stack by Aggrometaile
:Duosion: :Golbat: :electabuzz: :piloswine: :fraxure: :vullaby:
Duosion+Piloswine+Golbat core balance by TrainerGoldalt
:duosion: :slowpoke: :vullaby: :kadabra: :electabuzz: :piloswine:
Kadabra Psychic Terrain by Aggrometaile

1. Start off with the right ground. Magmar and Electabuzz answer
:ss/piloswine: :ss/marshtomp: :ss/vibrava: :ss/gabite:
2. Hazard control. This may include having a defogger or magic bounce + rapid spin
:ss/golbat: | :ss/wartortle: + :ss/roselia: | :ss/wartortle: + :ss/duosion:|:ss/vullaby: | :ss/togetic:
3. Duosion answer.If your duosion answer is anything other than gyaradosite golbat and vullaby, make sure to have support in your team for kadabra
:ss/golbat: :ss/linoone-galar: :ss/vullaby: :ss/duosion:
4. Piloswine check.
:ss/wartortle: :ss/thwackey: :ss/tangela: :ss/roselia: :ss/machoke: :ss/gurdurr::ss/mareanie::ss/raboot:
5. Electabuzz. Occasionally, light ball Pikachu helps.
:ss/electabuzz:
6. Fighting type / Raboot answer. Fightings are really solid at the moment
:ss/golbat: :ss/mareanie: :ss/roselia:

VERY splashable mons-
:ss/electabuzz: :ss/piloswine: :ss/golbat:

1. Ground Type
2. Entry Hazards
3. Dark Types.
Psychic and steel
4. Piloswine, fighting types and raboot check
5. Electabuzz.
Pikachu
6. The remaining mons are to be decided (depends on the team). GIVING MORE OFFENSIVE SUPPORT TO THE TEAM IS RECOMMENDED.
Tip : If the ground type mon is vibrava, it is suggested to go for roselia/duosion + wartortle over anything else.

Last edited:
:ss/giratina:MONOTYPE BALANCED HACKMONS HUB:ss/kyurem-black:

Council:

:solgaleo: The Hisui Region (Tier Leader)
:corviknight: Alolan Corviknight OU
:deoxys-attack: Tea Guzzler
:azelf: DuckeryDoodle
:emolga: jesstrolling
:marill: LinkCode

Monotype Balanced Hackmons is, unsurprisingly, a combination of Monotype and Balanced Hackmons. Monotype is a tier where all Pokemon on a team must share a type, and Balanced Hackmons is a tier where anything that can be hacked into Sword/Shield and used in local battles can be used (almost all items, moves, abilities).

Monotype Balanced Hackmons is playable on the main Pokemon Showdown! server through
/tour new [Gen 8] Balanced Hackmons, Elimination,,,[Gen 8] Monotype Balanced Hackmons
/tour rules Same Type Clause, -Drizzle, -Normalize, -Eternatus,
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 6
and
/challenge [Gen 8] Balanced Hackmons @@@Same Type Clause,-Drizzle,-Normalize,-Eternatus
!

Ruleset:

Clauses:
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Moves Clause
  • Forme Clause
  • Dynamax Clause
  • Sleep Moves Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
Bans:
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:cramorant-gorging: Cramorant-Gorging
:darmanitan-galar-zen: Darmanitan-Galar-Zen
:eternatus: Eternatus
:eternatus-eternamax: Eternatus-Eternamax
:shedinja: Shedinja
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
Rusted Sword
Arena Trap
Contrary
Drizzle
Gorilla Tactics
Huge Power
Illusion
Innards Out
Intrepid Sword
Libero
Magnet Pull
Moody
Neutralizing Gas
Normalize
Parental Bond
Protean
Pure Power
Shadow Tag
Stakeout
Water Bubble
Wonder Guard
Comatose + Sleep Talk
Court Change
Bolt Beak
Double Iron Bash
Octolock
Shell Smash

Resources:

Samples are not final
:genesect: :pheromosa: :araquanid: :golisopod: :scyther: :ribombee:
PSea Genesect BO by Tea Guzzler
:tyranitar: :zarude: :yveltal: :weavile: :guzzlord: :pangoro:
SNR Yveltal HO by The Hisui Region

:yveltal: :umbreon: :guzzlord: :skuntank: :drapion: :pangoro:
Scales Skuntank BO by Tea Guzzler
:kyurem-black: :zygarde-complete: :giratina::zekrom: :rayquaza: :guzzlord:
Super HO (Feat. FC Zygod) by The Hisui Region
:zekrom: :xurkitree: :tapu koko: :thundurus-therian: :magnezone: :lanturn:
Double SFLO by The Hisui Region
:zacian: :magearna: :xerneas: :tapu fini: :jigglypuff: :tapu koko:
Standard Balance by The Hisui Region
:pangoro: :buzzwole: :zamazenta-crowned: :bewear: :cobalion: :kommo-o:
Bulky Balance by DuckeryDoodle

:zamazenta-crowned: :zamazenta: :pheromosa: :zapdos-galar: :buzzwole: :pangoro:
GZap HO by The Hisui Region
:reshiram: :darmanitan: :ho-oh: :blacephalon: :cinderace: :volcanion:
Chlorophyll Darmanitan Sun Feat. Fur Coat Volcanion and Drought Ho-Oh by LinkCode
:corviknight: :celesteela: :rayquaza: :ho-oh: :yveltal: :lugia:
Aerilate Ray Hard Stall by The Hisui Region

:ho-oh: :rayquaza: :yveltal: :landorus: :celesteela: :thundurus-therian:
QM Lando HO by Chrome8

:celesteela: :drifblim: :rayquaza: :crobat: :thundurus-therian: :yveltal:
Very Bad Bulky Offense by The Hisui Region

:landorus-therian: :ho-oh: :rayquaza: :celesteela: :lugia: :yveltal:
Very Scuffed Hyper Offense by The Hisui Region
:blacephalon: :giratina: :spectrier: :marowak-alola: :necrozma-dawn-wings::lunala:
Alolawak HO by The Hisui Region

:doublade: :giratina: :lunala: :spectrier: :aegislash::runerigus:
FC Doublade Semi-Stall by The Hisui Region
:appletun: :amoonguss: :gourgeist: :rotom-mow: :celebi: :zarude:
Rotom-Mow BO by cityscapes

:kartana: :tangrowth: :zarude: :venusaur: :ferrothorn: :virizion:
Virizion BO by Tea Guzzler
:groudon: :rhydon: :landorus-therian: :zygarde-complete: :landorus: :stunfisk-galar:
Standard Balance by DuckeryDoodle

:groudon: :zygarde-complete: :piloswine: :hippowdon: :steelix: :runerigus:
Super Hard Stall by The Hisui Region
:kyurem-black: :piloswine: :regice: :calyrex-ice: :kyurem-white: :weavile:
Semi-Balanced But Not Really Balanced Ice-Type Hyper Offense by LinkCode
:type null: :regigigas: :blissey: :chansey: :bewear: :snorlax:
The Most Standard Team Ever by The Hisui Region
:nihilego: :drapion: :gengar: :crobat: :weezing: :nidoking:
Standard HO by Tea Guzzler
:calyrex-ice: :mewtwo: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :lunala: :lugia: :solgaleo:
Semi-HO by Tea Guzzler
:tyranitar: :terrakion: :nihilego: :tyrantrum: :regirock: :diancie:
Sand Stream Offense by Tea Guzzler
:dialga: :kartana: :celesteela: :zamazenta-crowned: :registeel: :necrozma-dusk-mane:
Steely Spirit Doom Desire by Alolan Corviknight OU & DuckeryDoodle
:kyogre: :palkia: :wailmer: :tapu fini: :golisopod: :barraskewda:
Bulky Balance by The Hisui Region
Coming Soon

Changelog:
2/17/22 - Normalize quickbanned

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)