OM Teambuilding Shop V4 - under new ownership!

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello runbabyrun, I've finished your team and I was just testing it sorry for the delay. Here we go:

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Victini @ Flame Plate
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- V-create
- U-turn

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpA / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Gallade @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Starting with the core you provided with wish support latias and Will O Wisp Victini, I added protect on latias then slapped the bolt-beam coverage to help against the most dominant type in today's meta which is flying, then proceeded to Victini where I added sub so it can evade status and sucker punches from Chansey and Bisharp respectively, V-create is the only attacking move when equipped with flame plate could do some devastating damage, U-turn could be replaced with bolt strike but I put it originally for momentum. Next I needed a hazard setter and a defogger there's no better than Mew in this job, slapped on it heal bell and soft-boiled to keep it alive. No stall team is complete without slowbro, thanks to it's access to thunder wave and scald it can spread status between burn and para stopping sweepers, grass knot helps dealing with with bulky bulky ground types such as Swampert, Gastrodon, Hippowdown. Like every Psychic team, it was weak to ghost so I slapped a Meloetta thanks to it's ghost immunity and added the sub cm set which allows it to keep in check ghost types, I prefer running focus blast over psyshock to deal with dark types. Lastly the team needed a volcarona check and some help against dark teams so I slapped in an assvest Gallade that can tank hits and deal more damage.

Threats: This team is weak to Dark Types, one way changing it is replacing wish support Latias Mega to wish support Mega Gardevoir. Otherwise I'll be going over the team again and trying to fix that weakness. If you need anything or this is not what you looked for, hmu with a VM.

EV

Banned deucer.
Dr. Phd. BJ

Sorry for the wait.

Mr. DUCK Team

I didn't realize I would struggle so much building around Porygon2. I was trying to build a partner for it that could take Fighting and Knock Off, so the first team I made had Mega Sableye but I found it too passive and I didn't want to build stall or even semi stall. What I prefer is bulky offense, an archetype Porgyon2 fits on nicely. The "star" of the show, Mr. DUCK, is a Download+Baton Pass set with Glare, Recover, and Tri Attack (rip Boomburst.) It's max special defense and is quite good at taking lots of powerful hits, paralyzing back, and then Recovering off damage or Passing out any boost it has. I think I used Tri Attack once.

For the Fighting/Koff sponge I picked Mega Venusaur which is a little unorthodox in STABmons but I've found it to be surprisingly effective. Instead of giving it support options like Spore or Leech Seed I went full offensive. Seed Flare OHKOs 252/0 Mega Slowbro before any boosts (and still has a chance to KO at 252/252+!) Venu was also often the recipient of Download boosts which tended to come up +1 Special Attack, making Seed Flare even deadlier especially when you account for the potential -2 drop to Special Defense. This also helps you beat Chansey one-on-one, as this team lacks Knock Off ...

Garchomp is a bulkier take on the standard OU build. It's your Stealth Rock setter (per usual) with Rocky Helmet Rough Skin (per usual.) It's also max Defense and has Endure so you can shave off a lot of HP from FakeSpeeders and other contact moves throughout the match. Endure is a form of priority revenging if you think about it. It's faster than Extreme Speed and ensures you will shave off ~29% of the attacker's HP as a pseudo Aftermath. If you land two hits on it that's just shy of 60% of the enemy's health for "free." Precipice Blades are there do make up for the lack of Attack investment. Dragon Tail to spread the love and phaze setup.

I really like Rotom in STABmons. Not much likes taking Scald or Volt Switch at the same time. It's also a nice check to common attackers such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, Scizor, Sand Rush Excadrill, etc. You can play around with the set if you want but I'm running Nuzzle so it can tank a hit, paralyze, and heal up or Scald/Volt Switch as needed.

Excadrill is an effective spinner and with Mold Breaker it scares some of its common checks (like enemy Rotom) and limits Gengar's ability to spinblock against it. I'm running Spin+3 attacks. This is your soft Thundurus check not running Focus Blast. Come in as they Taunt/Nasty Plot and KO the next turn with Rock Slide. LO guarantees it whereas Leftovers can almost guarantee if the Thundurus has taken LO damage about 50% of the time (I hate losing 10% of HP to Rapid Spin!)

He's back! After you paralyze a few things with P2/Rotom, Kyurem flies in to sweep up the remainders. I chose a mixed set which is a lot of fun but you could also swap it for Band which is just god awfully powerful. Keep in mind you're less likely to take advantage of Download boosts with a Band. If you want Roost I'd slash it over Earth Power as you already have enough ways to take out Heatran (lol Mega Venusaur.) Keep Rocks clear for it!

Mr. DUCK (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Glare
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Tri Attack

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Nuzzle

Excadrill @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Icicle Crash
- Earth Power / Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Threatlist
  • Hoopa-U is hard to play around. Both Rotom-W and Porygon2 can stomach a hit and paralyze back. Decide which one you want to sacrifice depending on the rest of their team. If you're lucky you'll just lose an item and can heal up later.
  • Kyurem-B is even harder to manage tho again Rotom and P2 can paralyze it.
  • Sableye gets a Dark Void or WOW for free because I'm bad at planning for status. Feel free to throw Aromatherapy on Venusaur to patch that up. Pro tip: P2 can act as a Parting Shot sponge because you can BP out to a teammate with 0/-1 instead of -1/-1.
  • Belly Drum. Excadrill is easily OHKO'd by +6 Ursaring's Extreme Speed. I don't know how common Belly Drummers will be in this new meta, but if it gets really out of hand I'd drop Garchomp for Quagsire and put rocks on Excadrill instead. Also keep in mind Garchomp is an emergency switch versus weakened Extreme Speeders. If you see an Ursaring or other potential Drummer, keep applying as much pressure as possible to prevent a setup.
  • There might be more. The metagame is still new!

EV

Banned deucer.
First! Gonna repost from the last thread.

Edit: Service 1.

Metagame: STABmons
Ok, I think I've found an underrated sweeper in STABmons in the form of Mold Breaker Excadrill (it can beat Quagsire 1 on 1), but I'm not sure how to build a team for it. Here's the set:

Excadrill @ Air Balloon / Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Rock Slide / filler

Desc.: This thing has a great ability called Mold Breaker, which lets its plow through Unaware (not that it already beats Clefable) and can even set up rocks on Magic Bounce mons. Shift Gear and STABs are self-explanatory. Excadrill's good natural bulk also allows it to not be revenge killed by the likes of Talonflame and FakeSpeeders. Any playstyle works, though would prefer some type of offense.
Okay.

Peef Rimgar
Metagame: Tier Shift
Service: 1

[22:24:07] %PEEF RIMGAR:Also make TS requests to the shop imo im bored and will build around literally anything

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 68 Def / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bolt Strike

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

Simple. Stallbreaker Tini + Mega Venu. Really just fun mons but they can break a lot of defensive cores together so I suggest balance but they can definitely lose a lot of momentum against offense. I also don't care what you do with Venusaur just make it do something fun :] yw bub

Last edited:
Chopin Alkaninoff
Hoopa_Unbound_ORAS.gif
metagross-mega.gif
landorus-therian.gif
starmie.gif
goodra.gif
arcanine.gif

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

This is the Hoopa-U team you requested. As you can see, i opted for a Bulky Offense esque team. I opted for Nasty Plot Hoopa-U since i theorymonned that this set leaves the least possible counter play for stall teams. Mega Metagross backs up Hoopa-u by clearing out potential fairy checks. Goodra and Arcanine is the "anti sun core." Most sun abusers are incedibly difficult to check or switch into, but Goodra and Arcanine can manage Charizard Y, Houndoom, Sawsbuck, Victrabel, and other chlorophyll sweepers. Lando-T is a great bulky pivot that helps manage big time threats like Charizard X. Starmie is a nice speedy threat with hazard removal. The current set runs Ice Beam over Psyshock, that is simply my personal preference and don't hesitate to make the switch. The team has preformed well in testing, although Arcanine is a very late addition.

This is the team against a ladder stall team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-263272003

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  • Metagame: Tier Shift
  • Service: 1
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Short Description: Because they are my 2 favorite pokemon, and Peef Rimgar wanted a challenge. Afaik they aren't great in TS.
  • Playstyle: HO or Balanced. Or something inbetween. Actually, anything besides stall/semistall is fine.
I think peef wanted to do this submission, so yeah.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
  • Metagame: Tier Shift (since everyone's doing this apparently)
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
    Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Shiny: Yes
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Recover
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball

Scrafty @ Leftovers
    Ability: Shed Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Rest
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
  • Short Description: These two mons break stall very easily, and at the same time form a psychic/dark/fighting core. Different sets can be used, though I've found these work well. They're also just fun mons to use in general.
  • Playstyle: Any playstyle is fine from stall to HO, though these mons not being great against offense is something to bear in mind.

• Metagame: Tier Shift (since everyone's doing this apparently)
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
    Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Modest Nature
    - Recover
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball

Scrafty @ Leftovers
    Ability: Shed Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Rest
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
  • Short Description: These two mons break stall very easily, and at the same time form a psychic/dark/fighting core. Different sets can be used, though I've found these work well. They're also just fun mons to use in general.
  • Playstyle: Any playstyle is fine from stall to HO, though these mons not being great against offense is something to bear in mind.
While these Pokemon are generally good stall breakers in Standards, they cannot break TS Quagsire, whom is common on Stall teams. Just keep that in mind.

KS there are a couple things this core can't break idk why you're specifically mentioning Quag. Anyways I think Specs Reuni and DD Scrafty are the best sets for that core because CM Reuni is honestly not that great anymore and Foresight forces a lot of switches which, along with hazard damage can allow Scrafty to sweep.

KS there are a couple things this core can't break idk why you're specifically mentioning Quag. Anyways I think Specs Reuni and DD Scrafty are the best sets for that core because CM Reuni is honestly not that great anymore and Foresight forces a lot of switches which, along with hazard damage can allow Scrafty to sweep.
Yeah im gonna change Reuni to specs. Literally here's how stupid easy play will be with the core if I do specs sight vs cm:

Turn 1: Click Future Sight
Turn 2: switch to the scraft master
Turn 3: Click HJK or whatever fighting move

This assures hitting something hella hard

It was the first thing I thought of okay x_x. And i feel like Quagsire is one of the best mons on Stall right now, so i thought it was worth mentioning.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Thanks for the heads up, I don't play a huge amount of tiershift so feel free to change the sets to whatever you want.

Metagame: Stabmons

Hoopa-Unbound @ Psychic Gem
Lonely Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Sucker Punch
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot

Absol @ Absolite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Short Description: Whenever I play something not stall,its usually either monopoke (bh) or countering the metagame. The Hoopa is designed to counter chansey (through magician), some physical tanks (psycho boost), and fairies like clefable (gunk shot), with hyperspace fury as a primary STAB attack, sucker punch for surprise hits. As for absol-mega, I just like using it because of magic bounce and its rather large coverage (seriously,check it out). In stabmons, it also gains access to nasty plot,making it a dangerous sweeper (dont mention clefable pls).
Playstyle: Balanced. I've never made good balanced teams before, in any meta, and want to have at least one which is half-decent.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
First new request!

• Metagame: Balanced Hackmons

• Sets: Magic Bounce Mega Audino + Pivot Sturdinja
  • Short Description: After Primal Groudon got banned in BH, I've had a lack of a good team, so I figured I might as well have a new stall team. In my last team, Mega Audino was a wonderful wall, so I figured that I should use it again. As for Magic Bounce, it provides an answer to most of Sturdinja's weaknesses as a pivot, providing a wonderful core.
  • Playstyle: Stall
Reposting, as I haven't gotten my team yet and it's been ~2 weeks

EV

Banned deucer.
First new request!

• Metagame: Balanced Hackmons

• Sets: Magic Bounce Mega Audino + Pivot Sturdinja
  • Short Description: After Primal Groudon got banned in BH, I've had a lack of a good team, so I figured I might as well have a new stall team. In my last team, Mega Audino was a wonderful wall, so I figured that I should use it again. As for Magic Bounce, it provides an answer to most of Sturdinja's weaknesses as a pivot, providing a wonderful core.
  • Playstyle: Stall
Inverse battle
View attachment 47988
I assume Bulk Up?
Just checked inverse rankings, idr why, but GODGOAT IS VIABLE DO WANT
ideally not stall because I'll be playing quicker matches more than high level ones
Metagame: Balanced Hackmons

Lugia @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Hp / 136 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Grass Knot
- Quiver Dance
- Spore / Leech Seed

Tyranitar-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Power Whip
- Coil / Shift Gear

I wanted to use Stored Power to destroy lives at +9 or so. Obviously the bulkiest one was Lugia, so I decided to use it. For abilities only noobs use simple so I gave it poison heal to make it immune to status and be bulky. The EVs could be optimised but 88 speed is to outspeed M2Y at +1 and Spore/Leech Seed it. 124 speed on TTar is to outspeed M2Y at +2 with the shift gear set, but max hp max def should be used for the coil set. While Lugia CAN beat its impostor with Leech Seed + Poison Heal the at +18 stored power will be doing a lot (around 40 IIRC) and I don't want to get critted so here we have Sap Sipper TTar. It could also dent Lugia's counter like Fur Coat Eviolite Chansey. Grass Knot hits other TTar and MGyarados, 2 of the 3 common dark types in BH.

Obviously this core has a big problem in protean M2Y and M2X. Ghost Judgment and Secret Sword reks both of them and Bolt Strike + Precipice also beats it. Lugia can beat them however once it gets a couple of QDs up, and also can set up on Moonblast + Earth Power variants with spore. So basically Ghost/Fighting coverage kills this core and I'm having trouble finding a check to Ghost/Fighting M2Y. M2X could probably be dealt with by Giratina or something. Yveltal also walls this core. TTar also can't beat its impostor since after a few boost knock off breaks the sub. And this TTar has no recovery

Of course you can swap out TTar for mega gyarados for typing. Just give it sap sipper so it can still wall it. Maybe volt absorb works too but I see more TTar then Yveltal, so I would prefer sap sipper. It also gives immunity to spore IIRC

Play style: Balance/Balance Offense

Sorry for the non-bolding and maybe lack of sprite. This is my first post and I don't know and can't be bothered to read a guide right now.
Metagame: Balanced Hackmons

Set: Technician Beat Up. It is capable of dealing a lot of damage and dark is such a great attacking type. I don't mind if you switch for another dark type or whether it's setup or choiced.
Short Description: I usually build stall/balance, so my team usually doesn't have enough attack stat to do sufficient damage. Also, having a pokemon statused or fainted makes it unable to participate in beat up, so it's tough to play without poison heal or saccing pokemon. Here are the beat up mechanics if you need them: http://pokemondb.net/move/beat-up
Note that despite what the website says, beat up doesn't make contact.
Playstyle: Any is fine.
These have been open for a week+ and are being moved to Service 3. Anyone may teambuild for them now.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wouldn't mind just getting a team so ok. I'll go for BH instead, something around damaritan zen mode because it looks funny. I can edit in sprites and stuff to look more official when I get off mobile if needed

omnisc
Metagame: Stabmons

Hoopa-Unbound @ Psychic Gem
Lonely Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Sucker Punch
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot

Absol @ Absolite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Short Description: Whenever I play something not stall,its usually either monopoke (bh) or countering the metagame. The Hoopa is designed to counter chansey (through magician), some physical tanks (psycho boost), and fairies like clefable (gunk shot), with hyperspace fury as a primary STAB attack, sucker punch for surprise hits. As for absol-mega, I just like using it because of magic bounce and its rather large coverage (seriously,check it out). In stabmons, it also gains access to nasty plot,making it a dangerous sweeper (dont mention clefable pls).
Playstyle: Balanced. I've never made good balanced teams before, in any meta, and want to have at least one which is half-decent.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Sucker Punch
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot

Absol @ Absolite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- King's Shield
- Power Whip

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Psystrike
- Mirror Coat

Psychic Gem is unreleased, so I changed Hoopa-U's item to a Life Orb. I also changed Thunderbolt on the Absol to Ice Beam to deal with common pokemon in the metagame such as Landorus-Therian, Thundurus, and Garchomp better.

The double Dark core is solid, but doesn't have much to hit opposing Dark types so I added a Clefable to check them. I opted for an Unaware set since set-up moves are common in STABmons. Clefable has Thunder Wave for speed control since the team is not particularly fast and Hoopa-U especially appreciates the support.

Ferrothorn offers a much needed Fairy resist. I decided on a set with Spikes to help secure KOs for Hoopa-U and Absol. Leech Seed + King's Shield helps to keep Ferrothorn alive.

The Landorus-T set is a standard defensive set. Between Landorus and Ferrothorn most of the physical attackers in the metagame are handled. U-turn useful for getting free switches into Hoopa-U and Absol.

Assault Vest Slowking is the team's special wall and Fire switch-in. Future Sight is nice for forcing switches and racking up more hazard damage. Mirror Coat punishes Volt Switchers and helps against mons like Charizard-Y.

The team has some notable weaknesses.
The only form of hazard control is Absol's Magic Bounce and considering how frail Absol is that is somewhat unreliable.
Nothing can really switch into opposing Hoopa-U. Kyurem-B can also be problematic depending on what set it is running.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-263935267
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-263940398

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
  • Metagame: Anything Goes

• Sets: EdgeQuake Groundceus and GeoXern (probably a bulkier set)
  • Short Description: So I was thinking of good partners to GeoXern the other day, and I thought of EdgeQuake coverage being one of the best ways to support it, defeating all of its primary checks and counters (Arceus-Poison, Arceus-Steel, Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh, Aegislash, etc.), and what better mon to use it than an Arceus forme? The core needs a bit of help with Ekiller and Klefki spam teams, but it has the capability to defeat much of the meta imo.
  • Playstyle: Preferably a balanced/bulky offense team, although HO is alright as well if that works better.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
The Guy Who Has Many Alts, here's your BH team! Sorry it took so long, one of our BH builders is away and the other dropped out :/

At a glance:

Lugia @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Grass Knot
- Quiver Dance
- Spore

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 12 Spe
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Metal Burst
- Heal Order

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Diamond Storm
- Bolt Strike
- King's Shield

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Skill Swap
- King's Shield
- Whirlwind
- Recover

So I started with the Lugia set you requested, and went from there. I tweaked the EVs a bit, giving it enough speed to outspeed up to base 150s at +1 (such as Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Alakazam, which have some usage low ladder), with the rest tossed into HP and Defense giving it some nice physical bulk. Due to Spore, this set is Imposter resistant, allowing you to put it to sleep and continue setting up. It should generally brought in late game, once Prankster Topsy-Turvy mons, powerful physical wallbreakers (such as MMX), Yveltal, and -ates have been removed. Other Dark-types are nice to remove too, since they are generally physical attackers (MegaTTar, Mega Gyarados), but if you get up to +2 they get bopped by GKnot. Since it doesn't invest in SpA, it is really weak until you get to around +3/+3/+3, so you have to make sure you can get that far before bringing it in. It also needs a slow pivot, as activating it's Toxic Orb is crucial to its success. Now on to the rest of the team.

The first version of the team had the Sap Sipper Mega Tyranitar you requested, however I noticed the first couple drafts of the team were VERY weak to Mega Gengar. I decided to replace it with Yveltal, which can simultaneously check Mega Gengar and still defeat an Impostered Lugia. The EVs live a +3 Mega Gengar Sludge Wave, and don't get 2HKOed by +2 Mega Gengar Secret Sword or Spooky Plate Judgment. Once again, activating the Toxic Orb is crucial--and it must be done before you bring Lugia in to set up. A slow pivot or Spiky Shield can achieve this. Will-O-Wisp is very handy for crippling the strong physical attackers that can defeat Lugia, while that and Leech Seed combine to make Yveltal Imposter-proof (you can wear it down faster than it can, due to it taking WoW and Seeds, and you have PH and seeds recovery--and since Yveltal has less HP, the opposing Imposter gains less HP back). (Set basically shamelessly stolen from Kl4ng's analysis, but it works so I'm not gonna change it)

Next I added Giratina, as another counter to physical attackers such as MMX and Groudon, and to be the first slow pivot. It functions amazingly, switching in on much of the physical meta, and then allowing Yveltal and Lugia to activate their Toxic Orbs safely. It also is a cool switch in to Knock Off and Trick, as Griseous Orb can't be knocked off. Mold Breaker+Pursuit allows it to easily dispatch Shedinja, while Metal Burst is its main way of dealing damage. The reduced Speed IVs give it the slowest possible U-Turn and Metal Burst, while still outspeeding all variants of Shedinja (including the max speed ones that nubs run--idk why they do this, but you don't want to be stuck using Pursuit after they Baton Pass out). If this doesn't matter to you, just change it to 0 Speed IVs and a Relaxed nature.

The team was looking really weak to Mega Diancie, and -ates in general can do a lot. Enter Prankster Registeel, the second slow pivot and a check to set up spam with Spore. It doubles as the team's Defogger, which is great since it resists Stealth Rock and is immune to Toxic Spikes (the two most common hazards in BH in my experience). It has a specially defensive build to take on those -ates that run special coverage a bit better. Goggles makes you Imposterproof. Registeel is another very important mon on the team, as -ates are prevalent in BH.

I next added Imposter Chansey as another check to set up spam, and to countersweep some teams (it came in handy when I Defogged against a Contrary Shuckle that nabbed boosts and passed them to a bad SD Regigigas--I couldn't hit it with Spore due to the evasion, but Chansey pulled out the win with the counter sweep). It's excellent for scouting out sets and in general discouraging set up. Not much to say really, it's a Chansey and this is BH lol

Mega Mewtwo X was the final change I made to the team and the newest member. I was still a bit weak to Kyogre and opposing Yveltal, and MMX rectifies this. I had to make it walled by Giratina so I could retain my Imposter-proofness on this team, so I opted for Bolt Strike (obviously, to hit the aforementioned threats), and then Low Kick+Diamond Storm, as they offer impeccable coverage and can 2HKO much of the meta, while still remaining unable to KO Giratina. King's Shield helps it to beat -ates.

Refrigerate Mega Mewtwo X is a huge threat to this team, basically 6-0ing it :/ You could opt to replace Registeel with Aegislash to rectify this, however Aegi has less overall bulk due to its smaller HP, and gets demolished if it isn't Fridge.

Lugia also doesn't pull its weight in many matchups if you can't get at least 3 QDs up, making it almost a dead weight in some games, however you wished to use it so I did my best with it. I couldn't save replays since they were done while I tested it but I went 11-1 with it on the alt Nape OM Shop Test.

Good luck with it and I hope you like it! It's a pretty fun team to use, enjoy it n_n

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
InfernapeTropius11
  • Metagame: Anything Goes

• Sets: EdgeQuake Groundceus and GeoXern (probably a bulkier set)
  • Short Description: So I was thinking of good partners to GeoXern the other day, and I thought of EdgeQuake coverage being one of the best ways to support it, defeating all of its primary checks and counters (Arceus-Poison, Arceus-Steel, Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh, Aegislash, etc.), and what better mon to use it than an Arceus forme? The core needs a bit of help with Ekiller and Klefki spam teams, but it has the capability to defeat much of the meta imo.
  • Playstyle: Preferably a balanced/bulky offense team, although HO is alright as well if that works better.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy
- Geomancy

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
- Roost

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Dragon Dance

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

I really liked the two sets you picked partially because I hadn't really experimented with physical groundceus prior to building your team. I played about fifty matches with it, which may seem like a lot but I think I'm addicted to Showdown.

You mentioned you wanted some sort of balanced/bulk team so I wanted to give the Groundceus as much bulk as I could while still giving it the attacking prowess it deserved. I put it at a speed of 307 to outspeed max speed PrimalDon, which is what Groundceus is usually used for, as well as enough attack to OHKO these high speed sets. I invested the rest in HP, for the reason stated above. Its moveset ensures that after a dance it can severely impair the majority of the meta. ExtremeSpeed ensures it can chip away the last amount of health on the things that survive.

Xerneas was a bit tricky. A plain old Geomancy set would be expected to be used, but Aromatherapy is appreciated over coverage in this case due to the large amount of physical attack on the team (4/6) and then Kyogre being useless after a paralysis or sleep being applied. The rest of the set is just to sweep, as Xerneas does in an excellent manner.

A Steel, Ice and Water Resist was needed. Initially I planned to use Mega Venusaur here, but it seemed too much like a gimmick and this strayed away from the plan I had. I opted for Aegislash to resist steel and ice and also provide a hard check for most EKiller sets, when equiped with an air balloon. This was much needed due to the presence of EKiller being such a major threat in the metagame plagued with it. Aegislash's main purpose in the matches I played was to Gyro against Xerneas or Fairyceus.

Although Aegislash did a great job with stopping EKiller, the team was weak to it if it ran a Shadow Claw or Overheat set, which are both becoming extremely common high ladder. This called for another way to stop EKiller. I implemented Bulky Yveltal to stop EKiller, but more importantly Primal Groudon and based Mega Rayquaza. With max bulk, it survives a +2 Stone Edge from EKiller, which is needed if it's to check Arc after the death of Aegi.

Next is MegaRay, which wasn't present until the removal of Mega Venusaur. Mega Venusaur took less from most of Kyogre's attacks, but provided no offensive pressure which imo, had been needed. A water resist was needed, and offense was needed so therefore MegaRay was implemented. The moveset is pretty standard in the realm of Dance Rayquazas, although V-create is often not there due to Earthquake being better coverage. One rule I often impose on myself when building AG teams is you need a fire-type move. Ferrothorn and Skarmory can appear unstoppable otherwise (Mainly Ferrothorn, Xerneas can take care of Skarm).

Finally, I put Scarf Ogre as the final piece to the puzzle. It provided more offensive pressure which was really needed, but more importantly rounded out the weakness against Kyogre, also beating primal ogre in a 1v1 fight. Scarf Ogre also sweeps most lower ladder teams. Scarf Ogre OHKO's most Xerneas, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and nearly the rest of the meta with max health Spout. If your opponent has a PDon in the back, make sure to Ice Beam instead of spouting unless you verse them consistently and they pick up on this. If you do end up Spouting, it isn't that bad but beaming will aid in the majority of situations.

Enjoy! If you have any questions for why I did certain things or how you would beat certain things, you know where to find me.

Last edited:
Almost Any Ability

I would like a Hyper Offense team built around Belly Drum Linoone, because both Belly Drum and ExtremeSpeed are rare moves, especially when you want to use them both at the same time. Linoone has both, and imagine all those walls that'll die hard to a +6 ExtremeSpeed...
Hyper Offense

EV

Banned deucer.
I moved some teams to Service 3, which means anyone can help with them! Here's the full list

Illusio BH Mega Audino+Sableye Stall
Megazard Inverse Battle Gogoat Not Stall
nyan kat BH Mega Gyarados Anything
Brawl MK STABmons Excadrill Offense
FishInABox Tier Shift Victini+Mega Venusaur Balance
Joshz Tier Shift Breloom+Dugtrio HO/Balance

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah nobody plays/builds inverse so I changed it to a BH Zen Mode Darmanitan request because that's hopefully easier and it looks cool
darmanitan_zen_mode_by_batterymanaaa-d3dpcbh.png
idk what set / item / EVs it runs (or even why it's ranked, which is why I'm requesting)

Brawl MK I just happened to have a fairly decent excadrill team lying around, and since no one else did it, I might as well post it.

cookie cutter (Braviary) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent
- Superpower

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Aromatherapy

shifty eyes (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

LOL COUNTER (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Shard

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Sleep Talk

Why Hazards over Shift gear: Well this was the team I had lying around. So obviously it fits better for hazards exca than non-hazards exca. If you really want to use Shift gear, change the excadrill set, give Heatran Life Orb, and replace sleep talk with stealth rock.

This team was built around a hazard-setting Excadrill. The reasoning behind this was that more and more people were turning to mega sableye and mega diancie to lead and block hazards, and this set gets them for free against both. Against stall, it can almost always get up rocks and 2 layers of spikes, against offense its sash is very useful in netting kills turn one or getting down some crucial rocks. Braviary was added to revenge kill things as well as punish defog; it's probably the best defog punisher right now (although some will say bisharp is better). Next I needed a spinblocker. Mega Sableye is easily the best ghost for that, I don't really care how much momentum it kills, it's just that good. I chose the taunt/will-o/koff set mainly because of personal preference, but it's actually really anti-meta and can usually cripple a lot of things before going down. I added Serperior because Rotom-Wash is such an annoying mon and it was the only thing I could really think of. Definitely the most serprising member of the team; it absolutely annihilates balanced teams, and hasn't ever disappointed (except once when it missed leaf storm 5 times in a row and lost against a slowbro). Kyurem-B was a later addition to the team, and was something I don't regret at all. It adds yet another priority user to the team, but most importantly, it almost always gets a kill when it comes in. Pretty much the only thing that can hope to wall it is a ferrothorn at full health that avoids getting flinched a few times in a row. Heatran was added much, much, farther into the teambuilding process, mainly because the team had struggles against Scizor and scarfTran and I wanted a powerful check that could still maintain momentum.

Feel free to make adjustments to suit your needs who am i kidding Counterteam people

Threats:
Mega Sceptile
Weavile
Opposing Timid Heatran

Here's some replays of the team working:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-267233184

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)