Skeleton is 1st hide tab
[Overview]
  • Really bad typing
  • Horrible HP stat
  • 55 base speed = yuck
  • Not the greatest SpD stats either...
  • Gets Shell Smash and Swift Swim!
  • Hits hard after it smashes
  • 115 Defense with Rock typing means Exkiller can't revenge it.
  • Oh wait Swift Swim + 2 speed.... yeah CAN'T BE REVENGED IN RAIN!
  • Needs Wobba (most of the time)
  • Opposition needs Sun + Scarfed Revenge killer to deal with this guy or Vaccum Wave (but thats non-existent).
  • DEALS 80+% to FERROTHORN with a + 2 PUMP!
  • Sadly can be revenged without Rain but its a nightmare if it sets up...
  • Reliable revenge kills Exkiller without Smashing, pretty good quality :D.
[SET]
name: Ubers Shell Smash
move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: Hydro Pump / Surf
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Earth Power / Hidden Power Grass
item: Life Orb
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Modest
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Why it deserves to be on site:
  • Hits really hard
  • 2HKOes whole meta after a smash
  • Near impossible to revenge

Set Comments:
  • Shell Smash boosts stats
  • Hydropump and surf hit harder then Specs Kyogres... pick and choose your weapon
  • Ice beam is good coverage hits Gira-a (phaser not OHKOed by pump for SE damage.
  • Earthpower hits Dialga hard, HP Grass completes perfect coverage (trolls gastrobro).

Additional Comments:
  • IT LOVES HAZARDS!
  • SR + Spikes near mandatory as to enables it to OHKO the whole meta!
  • Can use less speed to invest more in bulk, also mental herb is usable but YOU WANT TO OHKO THE WHOLE METAGAME WHY WORRY OVER THAT SMALL STUFF!
  • THE SEA LEVIATHAN GIVE YOU RAIN, IT GIVE YOU THE SWIFT SWIM TO DESTROY META. Kyogre is mandatory to activate swift swim. Perfers rest talk since they nicely combat Groudon and have longevity.
  • IF YOU NO WOBBA, YOU NO SMASH (You need Wobba to smash, but technically still pretty good at revenging in rain). Chances of smashing without wobba are slim although unlike other stuff you can bluff the revenge kill and turn the world into kyogre's own private hell.
  • Lustrours Orb Palkia is a great partner since it takes out Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn can switch into it on its smash and since it barely does not OHKO, effectively countering it. By running Omastar, Palkia no longer needs scarf since Omastar revenge kills (Swift Swim) meaning Palkia can go Lustrous Orb and debilitate Ferrothorn with a Fire Blast. Omastar also helps more well by pretty much crippling every single Special Sponge in the game :P.
  • Timid is usable to outspeed all scarfed base 90s after a smash without rain but the powerloss is noticiable... once again YOU WANT TO OHKO THE META, Chances are you won't be revenged anyway... but if you want extra insurance for not getting revenged, timid is > modest.
  • Dual Screens over wobba are usable to allow smash + bulk after smash.
  • Sets up on choiced Ice beam if neither screens nor encore can be provided.

Other Options:
  • Spiker set but outclassed by Qwilfish, gets Sr though so... still slightly viable.
  • HP Fighting is usable should Omastar meet ferrothorn in sun after smashing.
  • Ancient Power is STAB but its Stab doesn't complement HPUMP, still usable though.
  • Toxic to hit shedinja

Checks and Counters:
  • Uh if it smashes pray to Arcues that you have psychic abilities.
  • Specially Defensive Giratina-a barely lives Ice Beam and Dragon Tails it out, IS 2HKOed however, meaning it needs to switch-in on smash.
  • All standard (not those odd ones designed to outspeed Mewtwo) choice scarf base 90s outspeed Omastar at + 2 without rain or in rain prior to smash.
  • Groudon brings Sun really weakens its killer Hydro Pump and removes swift swim, problem is that Groudon gets obliterated by Omastar.
  • Specially Defensive Lugia if that exists.
  • Light Screen turns its OHKOes into 2HKOes.
  • Whimsicott makes it cry... Priority Encore destroys its attempts to smash, Stun Spore cripples it, EVEN GIGA DRAIN OHKOES IT!
  • Point stated don't let it smash = stop wobba.
  • Shedinja... no comment...
  • Palkia lives everything at +2 BUT IS 2HKOed, and it cannot revenge without surviving a hit so it has to switch in on the smash.
  • Kyogre does the same as Palkia but it needs a bulkier spread to do so... however no investment scald does OHKO so don't worry about that CONCENTRATE ON ELIMINATING THE MONSTER SMASH!
  • Thundurus has priority twave but it probably will die crippling it D:.
  • Scizor's choice banded bullet punch HURTS, although it does not OHKO it puts Omastar's sweeping days to a limit. (does 61.7% - 72.7% after Omastar smashes for those curious).
  • Gastrodon destroys Omastar without HP Grass... if it has HP grass though it will be cleanly OHKOed.
OH Yeah IMPORTANT NOTE! SYRIM deserves a lot credit for all this since he was the guy that destroyed my team with it and probably is the first person to use it.

Also I think I'm biased towards this guy... might just be me though.

[Overview]

<p>With poor Special Defense, HP, and Speed stats, one may question why Omastar deserves to be used in the Uber realm. The answer is simple: Omastar's ability, Swift Swim, when used in conjunction with Shell Smash, its high Defense stat, and Rock typing, enable Omastar to transform itself into a fearsome sweeper that cannot be revenged in the rain. With the ability to deal over 80% damage to Ferrothorn with a Hydro Pump, it would be unwise to underestimate the fossil, lest you wish to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Do not let this lead you into thinking Omastar is perfect though -- its poor base Speed haunts it, as it is possible to revenge the fossil with a scarfer should the rain provided by Kyogre be taken away by Groudon or Tyranitar. All-in-all Omastar is like any other sweeper: support it well, remove its checks, and you will have a monster in your hands.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Omastar's ability combined with a high base 125 defense stat and its Rock typing allows it to become a very good revenge killer in the rain, capable of revenging even ExtremeSpeed Arceus. Omastar's access to Shell Smash enables it to excel at this role, as it can punish teams that dare try to switch out the pokemon that is to be revenged, will be promptly met with a monster that OHKOes the metagame after Stealth Rocks and two layers of Spikes.</p>

<p>Shell Smash is the crux of the set, allowing Omastar to boost its Special Attack stat to sky-high levels, and makes it impossible to revenge under the rain. Hydro Pump provides immense power, allowing Omastar to deal over 80% to Ferrothorn in the rain; however, due to its poor accuracy, one may choose the alternative Surf for more reliable yet less powerful damage. Ice Beam provides fantastic coverage with Surf, hitting Giratina-A for super effective damage, as it is one of the few pokemon that are not OHKOed by Hydro Pump after Stealth Rocks and Spikes. Lastly, Earth Power enables you to hit Dialga for an OHKO, as it also is not OHKOed by Hydro Pump. However, due to the fact this leaves you walled by the likes of Gastrodon and at the mercy of opposing Water-types, it may be more desirable to use Hidden Power Grass to achieve perfect neutral coverage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Omastar appreciates Stealth Rock and Spikes support to increase the number of OHKOes it achieves. Ferrothorn is a great candidate to supply these due to the great synergy it gets from Omastar. Omastar in return can stomach Choice Scarf Fire Blasts aimed at the durian fruit and use them to set up a Shell Smash. These two also appreciate Kyogre support, as it lets the fossil activate its Swift Swim and decreases the amount of damage Fire-type moves do to Ferrothorn.</p>

<p>Omastar normally relies on bluffing a revenge kill to set up a Shell Smash, which requires high prediction. Due to this reason Omastar appreciates Wobbufet and dual screen support, as both allow Omastar to have a much easier time Smashing. The latter deserves a special mention, as it effectively negates Shell Smash's defense drops for a small amount of time. If you feel that it is too risky too bluff a revenge kill and do not want to waste a slot on your team for Wobbufett or dual screen support, Omastar can set up in the face of a Choice Scarfed Fire Blast or Ice Beam from the likes of Palkia and Kyogre.</p>

<p>Since Omastar is designed to be a revenge killer, plenty of Pokemon appreciate the ability to drop their scarf in exchange for an item to boost the damage their attacks do or utilize leftovers. Palkia deserves a special mention, as it can bluff the standard Choice Scarf set and utilize Lustrous Orb to help take out the likes of Ferrothorn and Giratina-A, two pokemon that can halt Omastar's sweep as they live a Shell Smashed Hydro Pump.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Omastar can utilize attacks other then those listed in its set, but sadly those attacks do not provide much coverage and are often outclassed. Omastar can utilize Ancient Power, as it gets a STAB boost, but sadly, it's STAB does not complement Hydro Pump very well, and is fairly weak. If you fear Ferrothorn then you may opt to use Hidden Power Fighting, as it deals a massive amount of damage to Ferrothorn in sun, should the rain Omastar desires be taken away from it. More often then not, however, the moveslot is wasted, as Ferrothorn takes around the same damage from a Hidden Power Fighting as it does from a Hydro Pump in the rain. Omastar can lastly utilize Toxic on a Shell Smash set to hit Shedinja switch-ins and OHKO them, should you not be able to provide entry hazard support. Omastar can also take advantage of Swift Swim and the fact it receives Stealth Rock and Spikes to make a decent lead. However, such a set is often outclassed by Qwilfish, which has not only higher speed, but Taunt, Explosion, Toxic Spikes, and Destiny Bond. Omastar's only advantage over Qwilfish is Stealth Rock, which gives it some viability should you wish to use it.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If Omastar smashes, pray to Arceus that it runs Hydro Pump and that its blast of water misses its intended target, as chances are more then likely it will sweep your team. Unfortunately, despite the raw power Omastar brings, it cannot OHKO the whole metagame should it lack entry hazards. If this is the case, Palkia, Ferrothorn, specially defensive Giratina-A, specially defensive Lugia, and Bulky Kyogre, can all live a move and phaze the fossil or OHKO it, destroying its chances to sweep. If Omastar manages to set up a Shell Smash with the hazards it requires to OHKO the metagame, or you lack a Pokemon that can take a hit and OHKO back, then Groudon can be used to neuter its "impossible to revenge status", as even after a Shell Smash, Omastar's poor speed drags it down as it cannot outspeed anything upward from a Choice Scarfed base 90 should it lack rain or a second Shell Smash boost. Sadly, the behemoth that provides sunlight, Groudon, cannot handle the agonizing power of any of the fossil's moves and will likely fall when replacing rain with sunlight.</p>

<p>If this cannot be achieved, then it may be desirable to scout what moves the fossil has. If Omastar lacks Earth Power, then Dialga can also take a hit and revenge the fossil. On the contrary, should Omastar lack Hidden Power Grass, then Gastrodon can wall the fossil, as it will not OHKOed by any move. If you still lack any Pokemon to take a hit, then you might as well try to prevent its chances of sweeping your team completely. Scizor and Thundurus can sacrifice themselves to cripple Omastar for the rest of the match. The former deals a massive amount of damage to Omastar with a Choice Banded Bullet Punch (does not OHKO though) and the latter is capable of bypassing its Speed, courtesy of Prankster, and can cripple it with Thunder Wave. Similarly, Whimsicott can bypass its speed and cripple it with Stun Spore, Grasswhistle, and Encore. Lastly, if the user of Omastar lacks hazards, then Shedinja shall wall it unless Omastar has Ancient Power or Toxic. This is only assuming Omastar has already Shell Smashed though, if you can prevent the monster from smashing by stopping Wobbufett or a dual screener, then you will have avoided a crisis.</p>

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No mention of Kyogre as a partner?

And damn that looks fucking surprising.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hidden Power Fighting is useless, IMO. Hydro Pump in the rain hits Ferrothorn pretty much just as hard (135 BP vs 140 BP). You can also mention that +0 Hydro Pump in the rain does 79.7-94.0% to 132 HP / 0 Def ExtremeKiller Arceus, while Omastar has enough physical Defense to tank an ExtremeSpeed since he resists it.

Have you tested a Spiker set or something like that? Omastar is pretty damn fast and very powerful, although I guess Qwilfish does the job better because it's faster, has Taunt and a whole bag of tricks. Still Omastar has access to all three hazards, which is really nice.

[SET]
name: Offensive Spiker
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Spikes / Toxic Spikes
move 3: Surf
move 4: Ice Beam

Probably not worth it, but maybe worth a shot. You also need an Other Options section.

What does this has over Gorebyss, who has similar SAtk, Spd and defense and can baton pass the Smash boost? Just something you may want to mention

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
@Furai- I'm stupid I forget the Obvious stuff when it comes to writing stuff, I apologize, will mention it ASAP as a partner.

@Shrang- You are correct, Qwilfish has Taunt, Dbond, both spikes, and it outspeeds Deo-d in rain, qualities Omastar LONGS FOR,... tried switching Omastar for qwilfish on one of my previous teams, wasn't pleased with the results D:. HP fighting was really filler helps if sun comes out I guess yet to see sun team with ferro though on ladder (will still put in OO though)..

EDIT: Fudge, I just realized I combined AC and OO

@sammao- IT CANNOT BE REVENGED BY THE ARCUES's EXTREMESPEED OR SNEAKY SHADOWS OF GIRA-O (caps were to dramatize don't take it offensively (If you didn'ttake it offensively in the first place then ignore me)).

EDIT 2: Shrang + Furai, the changes you requested have been made, I moved spiker to OO for now, I think all of QC should decide about that if its ok Shrang... if not you can always force me make a set lol.

You need to mention a Timid nature somewhere, it allows Omastar to outrun max speed Deoxys-A and neutral natured base 90 speed choice scarf users at +2.

Mention Palkia and bulky Kyogre as checks, they live any attack from boosted Omastar even with Stealth Rock on the field.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
@Koinzell- I feel the power loss from timid is enough to make someone through it out as an option so I'll mention it in AC, Palkia and Ogre actually do end up living <.< (HOW I FORGET TO CALC THOSE!) so I'll give both a mention, but they are 2HKOed... so <.<

Also would QC like logs to help their decision or would they find it a lot of info to read...

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Logs are nice (don't cherrypick) as well as a sample team for testing.

I actually did try this thing a while back and was impressed with its power, but I had a hard time setting it up so I won't approve just yet.

(Also CB Scizor can check after a Smash as BP does a ton of damage)

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Scizor has been mentioned, I'll get logs and post it on to the OP soon... just need to find where I put my laptop that has the logs -_-. Exported team example will also be up soon, but honestly switching it with Kingdra or Ludicolo on a current team is normally enough...

I actually did try this thing a while back and was impressed with its power, but I had a hard time setting it up so I won't approve just yet.
A tad bit hard to set up, but unlike Cloyster can revenge stuff when it can't smash. Unlike Gorebyss it has really good attack power and isn't revenged by the #1 priority in the game of Extremespeed by Exkiller (+2 does like 40% to +0 defense Omastar and it's forced to do that since 132 HP variants are pretty much OHKOed by the move after SR assuming it has yet to smash).

EDIT: Logs + sample team in OP

When I get the time I will try Omastar out. Revenge killing SD Arceus is amazing though, and LO Hydro Pump can also allow you to take out Mewtwo in one hit. In rain you outspeed it. Omastar also hits harder than Kabutops because Hydro Pump >> Waterfall.

Gastrodon is rare but it counters you if you drop Hidden Power Grass. Ice Beam isn't strong enough to KO it while Earth Power OHKOes Omastar.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, Omastar's cool. Even if it hasn't Smashed, it is still damn powerful, as evident with the revenge killing of ExtremeKiller Arceus. After a Smash, it is ridiculous.

QC APPROVED 1/3

Omastar's physical bulk is underrated. It has that immensely powerful Hydro Pump to back it up in sweeping even if it doesn't set up. Omastar also has a shot of revenge killing Mewtwo in the rain with Hydro Pump which will tear a chunk out of most things. The fact that Omastar can survive Support Groudon's Earthquake is amazing for a sweeper. Omastar also unlike Kabutops, isn't walled by Groudon. Last, Kabutop's Waterfall is quite weak compare to Omastar's Hydro Pump.

QC APPROVED 2/3

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Omastar is an incredibly cool Pokemon to use. After a Smash if you can just keep the rain up, your opponent probably just lost 2-3 Pokemon. +2 Hydro Pump in Rain is just incredibly strong taking a major chunk off everything. Mention that Dual Screens really helps Omastar grab a Shell Smash on a resisted hit. Also mention somewhere what exactly can Omastar set up on. Specifically RestTalk Kyogre helps Omastar since it can take on Groudon quite easily and is a general nuisance to most Sun teams.

QC Approved 3/3

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
All right thanks for the checks :).

Just a few questions though...

@Barry4ever, you were mentioning Rest Talk Ogre as a partner riiight? (just want to confirm this), not as something it sets up on right (it sadly doesn't do that :()? Mentioning everything else about dual screens and setting up on choiced Ice beam + stuff though.

WIll start writing soon...

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All right thanks for the checks :).

Just a few questions though...

@Barry4ever, you were mentioning Rest Talk Ogre as a partner riiight? (just want to confirm this), not as something it sets up on right (it sadly doesn't do that :()? Mentioning everything else about dual screens and setting up on choiced Ice beam + stuff though.

WIll start writing soon...
Yep.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
checkingggg

add
remove
comment

[Overview]

<p>With a poor Special Defense, HP, and Speed stats[add s], one may question why Omastar deserves to be used in the Uber realm. The answer is simple,:[colon] Omastar's ability, Swift Swim, when used in conjunction with Shell Smash, its high Defense stat, and Rock-typing, enable Omastar to transform itself into a fearsome sweeper that cannot be revenged in the rain. With the ability to deal over 80% damage to Ferrothorn with a Hydro Pump, it would be unwise to underestimate the fossil, lest you wish to be drowned in to the depths of the sea. Do not let this lead you to thinking Omastar is perfect though, its poor base Speed haunts it,[comma] as it is possible to revenge the fossil with a scarfer should the rain provided by Kyogre be taken away by Groudon or Tyranitar. All-in-all Omastar is like any other sweeper:[colon], support it well, remove its checks, and you will have a monster in your hands.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Omastar's ability combined with a high base 125 defense stat and its rock Rock typing allows it to become a very good Revenge Killer revenge killer in the rain, capable of revenging even Extremespeed ExtremeSpeed Arceus. Omastar's access to Shell Smash enables it to excel at this role,[comma] as it can punish teams that dare try to switch out the pokemon that is to be revenged, will be promptly met with a monster that OHKOes the metagame after Stealth Rocks and two layers of Spikes.</p>

<p>Shell Smash is the crux of the set, allowing Omastar to boost its Special Attack stat to sky-high levels,[comma] and makes him it impossible to revenge under the rain. Hydro Pump provides immense power, allowing Omastar to deal over 80% to Ferrothorn in the rain,;[semicolon] however, due to its poor accuracy, one may choose the alternative Surf for more reliable yet less powerful damage. Ice Beam provides fantastic coverage with Surf, hitting Giratina-aA for Super Effective super effective damage, as it is one of the few pokemon that are not OHKOed by Hydro Pump after Stealth Rocks and Spikes. Lastly, Earth Power enables you to hit Dialga for an OHKO, as it also is not OHKOed by Hydro Pump. However, due to the fact this leaves you walled by the likes of Gastrodon and at the mercy of opposing Water-types, it may be more desirable to use Hidden Power Grass to achieve perfect,[remove comma] neutral coverage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Omastar appreciates Stealth Rock and Spikes[add s] support to increase the number of OHKOes it achieves. Ferrothorn is a great candidate to supply these due to the great synergy it gets from Omastar. Omastar in return can stomach Choice Scarf Fire Blasts aimed at the durain fruit and use them to set up a Shell Smash. These two also appreciate Kyogre support,[comma] as it lets the fossil activate its Swift Swim and decreases the amount of damage Fire-type moves do to Ferrothorn. the Durain.</p>

<p>Omastar normally relies on bluffing a revenge kill to set up a Shell Smash, which requires high prediction. Due to this reason Omastar appreciates Wobbufett and Dual Screen dual screen support, as both allow Omastar to have a much easier time Smashing. The latter deserves a special mention,[comma] as it effectively negates Shell Smash's defense drops for a small amount of time. If you feel that it is too risky too bluff a revenge kill and do not want to waste a slot on your team for Wobbufett or Dual Screen dual screen support, Omastar can set up in the face of a Choice Scarfed Fire Blast or Ice Beam from the likes of Palkia and Kyogre.</p>

<p>Since Omastar is designed to be a revenge killer, plenty of Pokemon appreciate the ability to drop their scarf in exchange for an item to boost the damage their attacks do or utilize leftovers. Palkia deserves a special mention,[comma] as it can bluff the standard Choice Scarf set and utilize Lustrous Orb to help take out the likes of Ferrothorn and Giratina-Aa, two pokemon that can halt Omastar's sweep,[comma] as they live a Shell Smashed Hydro Pump.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Omastar can utilize attacks other then those listed in its set, but sadly those attacks do not provide much coverage and are often outclassed. Omastar can utilize Ancient Power,[comma] as it gets a STAB boost, but sadly, it's STAB does not complement Hydro Pump very well, and is fairly weak. If you fear Ferrothorn then you may opt to use Hidden Power Fighting, as it deals a massive amount of damage to Ferrothorn in sun, should the rain Omastar desires be taken away from it. More often then not, however, the moveslot is wasted, as Ferrothorn takes around the same damage from a Hidden Power Fighting as it does from a Hydro Pump in the rain. Omastar can lastly utilize Toxic on a Shell Smash set to hit Shedinja switch-ins and OHKO them,[comma] should you not be able to provide entry hazard any entry hazard hits Sheddy Stealth Rock support. Omastar can also take advantage of Swift Swim and the fact it recieves receives Stealth Rock and Spikes to make a decent lead. However, such a set is often outclassed by Qwilfish, who which has not only gets higher speed, but also Taunt, Explosion, Toxic Spikes, and Destiny Bond. Intimidate? Omastar's only advantage over Qwilfish,[remove comma] is Stealth Rock, which gives it some viability should you wish to use it.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If Omastar smashes, pray to Arceus that it runs Hydro Pump and that its blast of water misses its intended target, as chances are more then likely it will sweep your team. Unfortunately, despite the raw power Omastar brings, it cannot OHKO the whole metagame should it lack entry hazards. Should this be If this is the case, Palkia, Ferrothorn, Specially Defensive specially defensive Giratina-A, Specially Defensive specially defensive Lugia, and Bulky Kyogre, can all live a move and phaze the fossil or OHKO it, destroying its chances to sweep. If Omastar manages to set up a Shell Smash with the hazards it requires to OHKO the metagame,[comma] or you lack a Pokemon that can take a hit and OHKO back, then Groudon can be used to neuter its "impossible to revenge status,[comma]" as even after a Shell Smash, Omastar's poor speed drags it down as it cannot outspeed anything upward from a Choice Scarfed base 90 should it lack rain or a second Shell Smash boost. Sadly, the behemoth that provides sunlight, Groudon, cannot handle the agonizing power of any of the fossil's moves and will likely fall when replacing he replaces rain with sunlight from the field.</p>

<p>If this cannot be achieved, then it may be desirable to scout what moves the fossil has. If Omastar lacks Earth Power, then Dialga can also take a hit and avenge revenge the fossil. On the contrary, should Omastar lack Hidden Power Grass, then Gastrodon can wall the fossil, as it will not OHKOed by any move. If you still lack any Pokemon to take a hit, then you might as well try to prevent its chances of sweeping your team completely. Scizor and Thundurus, can sacrifice themselves to cripple Omastar for the rest of the match. The former deals a massive amount of damage to Omastar with a Choice Banded Bullet Punch (does not OHKO though) while and the latter is capable of bypassing its Speed, courtesy of Prankster, and can cripple it with Thunder Wave. Similarly, to Tornadus, Whimsicott can also bypass its speed and cripple it with Stun Spore, Grasswhistle, and Encore. Lastly, if the user of Omastar lacks hazards, then Shedinja shall wall it unless Omastar has Ancient Power or Toxic. This is only assuming Omastar has already Shell Smashed though, if you can prevent the monster from smashing by stopping Wobbufett or a dual screener, then you will have avoided a crisis.</p>

1/2

Nice job, mostly just grammar rules and not prose.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the check vox! It has been implemented. YES MY PROSE IS GETTING BETTER :D, now to sit and memorize what a comma splice is -_-.

EDIT: To answer your comment on Qwilfish...

Intimidate?
Its a suicide lead! Swift swim lets it outspeed everything and I don't think its on the analysis so yeah...

EDIT 2: The semi-colon is now a colon (CURSE YOU MISSCLICKS!). If you have no idea what this edit means go down a post.

Wow, nice job, I had no idea Omastar was so fearsome, 80% damage to Ferrothorn with a water move is insane, I might have to try this out. Also, quick mention, you replaced the comma with a semicolon, not colon, just a minor grammar thing, otherwise excellent job Mr.lol.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Amateur check.

Deletions

Additions / Corrections
Comments

[Overview]

<p>With a poor Special Defense, HP, and Speed stats, one may question why Omastar deserves to be used in the Uber realm. The answer is simple: Omastar's ability, Swift Swim, when used in conjunction with Shell Smash, its high Defense stat, and Rock-typing, enable Omastar to transform itself into a fearsome sweeper that cannot be revenged in the rain. With the ability to deal over 80% damage to Ferrothorn with a Hydro Pump, it would be unwise to underestimate the fossil, lest you wish to be drowned in to the depths of the sea. Do not let this lead you into thinking Omastar is perfect though,&mdash;its poor base Speed haunts it, as it is possible to revenge the fossil with a scarfer should the rain provided by Kyogre be taken away by Groudon or Tyranitar. All-in-all Omastar is like any other sweeper: support it well, remove its checks, and you will have a monster in your hands.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Omastar's ability combined with a high base 125 defense stat and its Rock typing allows it to become a very good revenge killer in the rain, capable of revenging even ExtremeSpeed Arceus. Omastar's access to Shell Smash enables it to excel at this role, as it can punish teams that dare try to switch out the pokemon that is to be revenged, will be promptly met with a monster that OHKOes the metagame after Stealth Rocks and two layers of Spikes.</p>

<p>Shell Smash is the crux of the set, allowing Omastar to boost its Special Attack stat to sky-high levels, and makes it impossible to revenge under the rain. Hydro Pump provides immense power, allowing Omastar to deal over 80% to Ferrothorn in the rain; however, due to its poor accuracy, one may choose the alternative Surf for more reliable yet less powerful damage. Ice Beam provides fantastic coverage with Surf, hitting Giratina-A for super effective damage, as it is one of the few pokemon that are not OHKOed by Hydro Pump after Stealth Rocks and Spikes. Lastly, Earth Power enables you to hit Dialga for an OHKO, as it also is not OHKOed by Hydro Pump. However, due to the fact this leaves you walled by the likes of Gastrodon and at the mercy of opposing Water-types, it may be more desirable to use Hidden Power Grass to achieve perfect neutral coverage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Omastar appreciates Stealth Rock and Spikes support to increase the number of OHKOes it achieves. Ferrothorn is a great candidate to supply these due to the great synergy it gets from Omastar. Omastar in return can stomach Choice Scarf Fire Blasts aimed at the durain fruit and use them to set up a Shell Smash. These two also appreciate Kyogre support, as it lets the fossil activate its Swift Swim and decreases the amount of damage Fire-type moves do to Ferrothorn.</p>

<p>Omastar normally relies on bluffing a revenge kill to set up a Shell Smash, which requires high prediction. Due to this reason Omastar appreciates Wobbufett and dual screen support, as both allow Omastar to have a much easier time Smashing. The latter deserves a special mention, as it effectively negates Shell Smash's defense drops for a small amount of time. If you feel that it is too risky too bluff a revenge kill and do not want to waste a slot on your team for Wobbufett or dual screen support, Omastar can set up in the face of a Choice Scarfed Fire Blast or Ice Beam from the likes of Palkia and Kyogre.</p>

<p>Since Omastar is designed to be a revenge killer, plenty of Pokemon appreciate the ability to drop their scarf in exchange for an item to boost the damage their attacks do or utilize leftovers. Palkia deserves a special mention, as it can bluff the standard Choice Scarf set and utilize Lustrous Orb to help take out the likes of Ferrothorn and Giratina-A, two pokemon that can halt Omastar's sweep as they live a Shell Smashed Hydro Pump.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Omastar can utilize attacks other then those listed in its set, but sadly those attacks do not provide much coverage and are often outclassed. Omastar can utilize Ancient Power, as it gets a STAB boost, but sadly, it's STAB does not complement Hydro Pump very well, and is fairly weak. If you fear Ferrothorn then you may opt to use Hidden Power Fighting, as it deals a massive amount of damage to Ferrothorn in sun, should the rain Omastar desires be taken away from it. More often then not, however, the moveslot is wasted, as Ferrothorn takes around the same damage from a Hidden Power Fighting as it does from a Hydro Pump in the rain. Omastar can lastly utilize Toxic on a Shell Smash set to hit Shedinja switch-ins and OHKO them, should you not be able to provide entry hazard support. Omastar can also take advantage of Swift Swim and the fact it receives Stealth Rock and Spikes to make a decent lead. However, such a set is often outclassed by Qwilfish, which has not only higher speed, but Taunt, Explosion, Toxic Spikes, and Destiny Bond. Omastar's only advantage over Qwilfish is Stealth Rock, which gives it some viability should you wish to use it.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If Omastar smashes, pray to Arceus that it runs Hydro Pump and that its blast of water misses its intended target, as chances are more then likely it will sweep your team. Unfortunately, despite the raw power Omastar brings, it cannot OHKO the whole metagame should it lack entry hazards. If this is the case, Palkia, Ferrothorn, specially defensive Giratina-A, specially defensive Lugia, and Bulky Kyogre, can all live a move and phaze the fossil or OHKO it, destroying its chances to sweep. If Omastar manages to set up a Shell Smash with the hazards it requires to OHKO the metagame, or you lack a Pokemon that can take a hit and OHKO back, then Groudon can be used to neuter its "impossible to revenge status,", as even after a Shell Smash, Omastar's poor speed drags it down as it cannot outspeed anything upward from a Choice Scarfed base 90 should it lack rain or a second Shell Smash boost. Sadly, the behemoth that provides sunlight, Groudon, cannot handle the agonizing power of any of the fossil's moves and will likely fall when replacing rain with sunlight.</p>

<p>If this cannot be achieved, then it may be desirable to scout what moves the fossil has. If Omastar lacks Earth Power, then Dialga can also take a hit and revenge the fossil. On the contrary, should Omastar lack Hidden Power Grass, then Gastrodon can wall the fossil, as it will not OHKOed by any move. If you still lack any Pokemon to take a hit, then you might as well try to prevent its chances of sweeping your team completely. Scizor and Thundurus, can sacrifice themselves to cripple Omastar for the rest of the match. The former deals a massive amount of damage to Omastar with a Choice Banded Bullet Punch (does not OHKO though) and the latter is capable of bypassing its Speed, courtesy of Prankster, and can cripple it with Thunder Wave. Similarly, Whimsicott can bypass its speed and cripple it with Stun Spore, Grasswhistle, and Encore. Lastly, if the user of Omastar lacks hazards, then Shedinja shall wall it unless Omastar has Ancient Power or Toxic. This is only assuming Omastar has already Shell Smashed though, if you can prevent the monster from smashing by stopping Wobbufett or a dual screener, then you will have avoided a crisis.</p>

I think V0x caught pretty much everything, mine seems pretty bare...

In Overview, delete the hyphen in "Rock-typing"
Also it's durian fruit
Apart from that, stamping MK's check

GP 2/2

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok this is now done but before it gets uploaded I have a question,

I know I am not actually supposed to have that and its probably HTML or something but instead of inserting that I inserted

—;

Is that fine or should I change it?

Aside that everything else has been implemented including Rittercat's stuff...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)