Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion the RSE elite four was easily the best one among all Pokemon games (although it really should have emerald E4 levels+Steven instead of wallace). You could see they put some thought into the order and pokemon of the E4, unlike the bunch of useless shits we got in XY. Seriously, XY has the absolute worst E4 battle of any Pokemon game in my opinion.

In RSE, Sidney(sp?) was a relative pushover, but he did stuff like use spikes on cacturne and intimidate with mightyena. His absol can also deal quite a bit of damage.

My favourite part of this E4, however, is the ghost E4, Phoebe. Her 2 Dusclops had pressure as an ability, so you had to figure out the most efficient methods of defeating them, if not you have to spend your valuable and limited ethers/elixirs. This really weakens an unprepared team, as without PP your team will struggle greatly against the champion.

Glacia (sp?) used hail to continue dealing chip damage, and had that powerful Walrein at the end, with sheer cold. The walrein really gave a lot of trouble to those who are unprepared to deal with continuous hail, strong surfs and blizzards, as well as the risk of being OHKOed.

Drake was somewhat simple if you had an ice move, but in Emerald, Kingdra with his Dragon Dance and powerful moves can really destroy teams. It's more than likely that your team is very much softened up by Phoebe and Glacia's stall-ish tactics, and you will have trouble dealing with the one-two punch of Kingdra and Salamence.

The champion, Steven, is a great fight. He's not overwhelmingly difficult if you can survive Drake and Glacia after dealing with Phoebe, but the atmosphere, music and sheer coolness of his Pokemon (remember the first time you saw that metagross?) makes it awesome all the same.

Thus, I really hope they keep the rotation, since I believe it is part of what made the E4 challenging. Being able to select your E4 order is just....noob, imo. If they do the "XY thing" and allow you to pick, have 4 pokemon per E4 member, and make their levels piss easy to overcome I think I will never forgive gamefreak. I wonder if it's too much to ask for each E4 member to have his own MEvoed pokemon.....

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tbh Wallace was a laughable champion. Steven was, by far, the best champion in any of the games. If anything else, I hope that they will let use rechallenge them with higher levels and new Pokemon just like at the end of BW.

The frontier is what I'm really waiting for. The initial post-game battle content usually sucked for the firsts of each generation; the Battle Tower, and for some god-forsaken reason, the Battle Subway (what was the freaking appeal and where was the degree of separation). Now we're stuck with the Battle Maison, a battle facility where you selected regular style battles.

I want to at least see double and triple battles be acknowledged more in this version, also the ability to rematch trainers with higher levels. If not, let's get the whole damn frontier back. Maybe not the Battle Arena and Palace because they were just weird and confusing. The Battle Pike and Pyramid seemed really fun though.

Following the pattern of what was released:
The battle frontier in Gen 3 came after the initial Ruby and Sapphire in Emerald
The frontier in Gen 4 came after Diamond and Pearl in Platinum
And in Gen 5 the World Tournament was released in Black2 and White2 after Black and White
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are obviously not direct sequels to X and Y, but what are the chances that we'll get something good this time around?

In my opinion the RSE elite four was easily the best one among all Pokemon games (although it really should have emerald E4 levels+Steven instead of wallace). You could see they put some thought into the order and pokemon of the E4, unlike the bunch of useless shits we got in XY. Seriously, XY has the absolute worst E4 battle of any Pokemon game in my opinion.

In RSE, Sidney(sp?) was a relative pushover, but he did stuff like use spikes on cacturne and intimidate with mightyena. His absol can also deal quite a bit of damage.

My favourite part of this E4, however, is the ghost E4, Phoebe. Her 2 Dusclops had pressure as an ability, so you had to figure out the most efficient methods of defeating them, if not you have to spend your valuable and limited ethers/elixirs. This really weakens an unprepared team, as without PP your team will struggle greatly against the champion.

Glacia (sp?) used hail to continue dealing chip damage, and had that powerful Walrein at the end, with sheer cold. The walrein really gave a lot of trouble to those who are unprepared to deal with continuous hail, strong surfs and blizzards, as well as the risk of being OHKOed.

Drake was somewhat simple if you had an ice move, but in Emerald, Kingdra with his Dragon Dance and powerful moves can really destroy teams. It's more than likely that your team is very much softened up by Phoebe and Glacia's stall-ish tactics, and you will have trouble dealing with the one-two punch of Kingdra and Salamence.

The champion, Steven, is a great fight. He's not overwhelmingly difficult if you can survive Drake and Glacia after dealing with Phoebe, but the atmosphere, music and sheer coolness of his Pokemon (remember the first time you saw that metagross?) makes it awesome all the same.

Thus, I really hope they keep the rotation, since I believe it is part of what made the E4 challenging. Being able to select your E4 order is just....noob, imo. If they do the "XY thing" and allow you to pick, have 4 pokemon per E4 member, and make their levels piss easy to overcome I think I will never forgive gamefreak. I wonder if it's too much to ask for each E4 member to have his own MEvoed pokemon.....
That's exactly what I was thinking about. Asuming that you get the Exp. All effect on the Exp. Share, the level curve is generally similar, and the storyline is WAY longer, you should be able to beat Sidney, whom has 70-72 level Pokémon, then Phoebe, with 72-74 levels, then Glacia at 76-78, then Drake, sitting all at 79, and finally the Champion, with 82-84 Pokémon. I think the levels should be arround XY ones, with 1-2 more levels on wild Pokémon, 2-3 on trainer battles, 3 on Gym trainers, 4 on Gym Leaders, and the ones I've listed for E4 & Co.

The frontier is what I'm really waiting for. The initial post-game battle content usually sucked for the firsts of each generation; the Battle Tower, and for some god-forsaken reason, the Battle Subway (what was the freaking appeal and where was the degree of separation). Now we're stuck with the Battle Maison, a battle facility where you selected regular style battles.

I want to at least see double and triple battles be acknowledged more in this version, also the ability to rematch trainers with higher levels. If not, let's get the whole damn frontier back. Maybe not the Battle Arena and Palace because they were just weird and confusing. The Battle Pike and Pyramid seemed really fun though.

Following the pattern of what was released:
The battle frontier in Gen 3 came after the initial Ruby and Sapphire in Emerald
The frontier in Gen 4 came after Diamond and Pearl in Platinum
And in Gen 5 the World Tournament was released in Black2 and White2 after Black and White
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are obviously not direct sequels to X and Y, but what are the chances that we'll get something good this time around?
I don't agree on the Battle Pyramid, because even with Gamesharks it was a fucking nightmare. I agree that the Battle Palace sucks, but the Arena is actually quite good. I really hope they bring move tutors that teach every single move that could've been teached on past gens (except the ones that alredy got a TM like Flamethrower and BoltBeam).

I don't agree on the Battle Pyramid, because even with Gamesharks it was a fucking nightmare. I agree that the Battle Palace sucks, but the Arena is actually quite good. I really hope they bring move tutors that teach every single move that could've been teached on past gens (except the ones that alredy got a TM like Flamethrower and BoltBeam).
The only reason I enjoyed the Battle Pyramid was because it was totally random and the closest thing I had to a survival-horror game experience (this coming from a guy who grew up scared to the sound of a PS1 starting up and to the speakers in the church bathroom). Finding full heals, berries, and other trinkets while exploring the overworld with your pokemon felt unique and rewarding. I never doubted my Pick-up Linoone for a second during those times.

I feel like they should make the game more interactive between pokemon and their trainers. Amie was a good start; other mini-games where you give commands to your pokemon, Pokeathlon and contests, were cool too. It seems like Gamefreak is passing up a opportunity to create something innovative if they choose to not reinstate their old material. Please, no more dress up and dancing. At least regular contests appealed to both genders, I don't think anyone liked what sad excuse for "fun" Black and White made us deal with for three years. I mean seriously; the terrible starters, mass inclusion of legendaries, terrible storyline, and boring postgame were barely tolerable, but the musicals were what really drove me to almost toss the game into the blender.

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You know, I wonder if we will still get to make our own character and customize their clothing or if we will have to use Brendan/May.

Okay, I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my last post because the reference was not understood.
*Ahem*
November 21st, 2002, was the Japanese release date of Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version.

I'm sorry for thinking that a 21st release date would be "neat"

One thing I'm curious of is who the champion is and who the last gym leader is, is wallace the champ or the gym leader no one knows.

You know, I wonder if we will still get to make our own character and customize their clothing or if we will have to use Brendan/May.
That type of dress up is okay with me and the option to buy clothes in Kalos really made each character unique when playing with friends, plus I really needed another reason to spend more cash. The damn stuff keeps piling up. A whole array of clothing options is what I'm hoping for, and maybe some possible updates for new clothes every few months or as special occasions to celebrate events. I'm never taking off Brendan's Hair/Hat thing though :P maybe I'll replace it with the Pangoro hat, nearly the same.

I'll rather have Steven as the Champion and Wallace as a secondary character.
Love the idea of Steven as champ, Wallace just seemed out of place. Reminds me of Harley from the anime of gen 3.

I just don't trust anyone with blue or gravity-defying hair.

Last edited:
That type of dress up is okay with me and the option to buy clothes in Kalos really made each character unique when playing with friends, plus I really needed another reason to spend more cash. The damn stuff keeps piling up. A whole array of clothing options is what I'm hoping for, and maybe some possible updates for new clothes every few months or as special occasions to celebrate events. I'm never taking off Brendan's Hair/Hat thing though :P maybe I'll replace it with the Pangoro hat, nearly the same.
That's right, after the League you got a lot of cash you don't know what to expend on. Pokeballs? Get some Timer Balls and Dusk Balls. Still got money? Stuff for EV Training. Moar money? Secret Base decoration. Even more $$$? Safari Zone, perhaps? And you still get money? Hack the game and make buying Rare Candies possible. Playing on cartridge? Them screw you. Got X/Y? Buy some clothes! Make yourself look like Red, damn. It's kind of fun to do stuff like that.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but while Arceus was the only event legend that wasn't released until the 3rd game, Deoxys wasn't released until 5 months after FR/LG came out, and Genesect wasn't released until 2 months after B2/W2. There really isn't anything to suggest we'll be getting Hoopa and Volcanion before or during ORAS being released, especially since the Diancie event is apparently going to be active until the end of September.

Also, to annoy Hozu, HG/SS used the exact same Battle Frontier as Platinum, and B2/W2 used the exact same Battle Subway as B1/W1...things aren't looking too good for the Emerald Battle Frontier showing up in ORAS.
R/S and D/P Battle Tower.

I really hope that Steven's the champion, and not Wallace. We don't need a Water Champion after the Water Team and Water Gym and Water Routes and Water Legendary.

Did I mention the water yet?
No, I think you didn't.

Jokes aside, Wallace doesn't have the charisma for being a Champion. He doesn't even appear early-game, like Steven does.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even if we don't get Steven as champion, I'm sure we can battling him in Meteor Falls like we could in Emerald.

Someone mentioned something earlier that I realized is pretty cool.

This will be the first time that you'll be able to use a Pokemon that originated from the original version of a game in it's remake, due to the fact you can still transfer Pokemon all the way from Generation III to Gen VI. It's pretty wild to realize that you can take the starter you used in your first playthrough or Ruby or Sapphire and transfer it so you can use it in the remade versions of their region.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
*sigh*

I had my fingers crossed for emerald and yellow remakes.
You do realise that the remakes will likely have a lot of Emerald content, just the same as HGSS had a lot of the Crystal content? :| It's a bit silly to say you want a remake of Emerald when that is likely what we are going to get, just split into two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)