Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well never played Hoenn in the first place, so bring it on

Besides, we all know "full remakes" in lieu of FR/LG and HG/SS means they can add whatever new stuff they want without justification (The islands, Crystal storyline, etc)

Galladium

Banned deucer.
Well never played Hoenn in the first place, so bring it on

Besides, we all know "full remakes" in lieu of FR/LG and HG/SS means they can add whatever new stuff they want without justification (The islands, Crystal storyline, etc)
Hopefully they'll include some Emerald stuff as well, i.e Battle Frontier, Rayquaza, Double battles against Gym Leaders, etc.

Last edited:

Cumquat

Banned deucer.
Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre? I think I'm gonna go puke. It's like their target audience gets younger and younger every year.

Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre? I think I'm gonna go puke. It's like their target audience gets younger and younger every year.
Well, we don't have any confirmation about Mega Evolutions... And wouldn't this game actually have a target audience that's a bit older, since they're obviously trying to get people with fond memories of the original games to buy the remakes/generate hype?

Cumquat

Banned deucer.
Well, we don't have any confirmation about Mega Evolutions... And wouldn't this game actually have a target audience that's a bit older, since they're obviously trying to get people with fond memories of the original games to buy the remakes/generate hype?
Rubbish. Even from the covers the games smack of pandering to nine year olds who just want more of the Pokemon we know and love to go super saiyan. And of course to the mental nine-year-olds on this forum who take stuff like competitive Pokemon far too seriously.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I recall correctly, they did say something like they wanted the younger kids who missed generation III to enjoy it. I'd say they're going for this as much as they're going for nostalgia. Personally, I think it's likely that they'll go for new Mega Evolutions just because it's the perfect chance, and possibly only chance until the next games, to introduce new ones.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Been reading some Japanese websites and it appears There will be mega swampert, mega sceptile and a possible mega rayquaza. Although the design for mega R looked like a rayquaza fusion with groudon so possibly we will see two fusions
Well... my money is on that this is fake. No designs have been unveiled yet, and as we know from past generations speculation, forgeries are a dime a dozen. Literally anybody can claim to have seen new designs or read leaked info, but their origin is very hard to verify. Pictures make the rumours only marginally more credible, especially when no source is listed.

My advice: Treat any info that hasn't come from GameFreak itself as forgery. In 99% of cases, this turns out to be the truth.

EDIT:
Anyone know when corocoro should leak?
Usually around the 10th - 15th. If GameFreak continues the trend from XY of releasing information worldwide, I'd expect a small Direct to happen just before or just after CoroCoro's official release. Due to leaks happening a couple of days before release, however, it's likely that we'll have news from CoroCoro first. In any case, I don't think it will be more than a week before we get more info.

P.S. 1111th post. Yay!

Last edited:
They could recon drizzle and drought to be permaweather abilities...
I think it would be really cool if they nerfed weather in order to bring new abilities for Groudon/Kyogre that brought back permaweather only for them. . . Like, this whole time weather was nerfed so the weather legendaries could stand out. Who knows, though.

Gamefreak, get your shit together, and do the awesomest champion battle ever: a double against Wallace and Stephen.
Considering 3rd gen introduced double battles, would make a lot of sense. And would be pretty lame non catching the occasion for such a twist.
And, of course, they'll have to use mega Milotic and mega Metagross (or Aggron).
What if they use the Emerald plot of Kyogre vs. Groudon, in OR you get yo catch Groudon and then Wallace gets Kyogre, in AS you get Kyogre then Steven gets Groudon, and the guy without the legendary gets a Mega (Metagross and Milotic) and after you beat them he gives you that Mega-stone?

I first saw the announcement on Smogon and thought that it was another nasty prank. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to these new titles since the third gen was my favorite and I can't wait to see it digitally updated. Thanks GF!!!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think it would be really cool if they nerfed weather in order to bring new abilities for Groudon/Kyogre that brought back permaweather only for them. . . Like, this whole time weather was nerfed so the weather legendaries could stand out. Who knows, though.
If all past experience is anything to go by, new abilities are highly unlikely. Since no such abilities exist in the coding of X/Y, they would be incompatible with X/Y in battles or trading. That's the reason why no new moves, Pokémon species or abilities are ever introduced in the middle of a generation. They would break compatibility. If a move/Pokémon/ability does not exist in the coding of the generation's "pioneer games", it won't exist in the rest of the generation either. Simple as.

Retcons of abilities or moves, or new formes of Pokémon, would however be possible. As long as something exists in the code of the pioneer games, it can later be changed or tweaked without compatibility errors. The games only have problems with entirely new features, but existing ones can be altered. It's highly unlikely that GameFreak would back down on the removal of permaweather, but if they do, I'd expect them to change Drizzle/Drought or maybe add some kind of Super-Damp Rock or something. New abilities are, unfortunately, almost certainly out of the picture.

Oh, and don't pull the "They may add it for X/Y via a patch" card. If they had any plans or intentions to do so, Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion and the rest wouldn't have been coded into X/Y in the first place.

EDIT:
Just like they did with Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Rotom-W/H/C/F/Whatever, right?
Exactly. Both Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom existed already in D/P. So did their abilities and all moves they used. When using these formes in a battle against a D/P, the D/P cartridge is able recognize the Pokémon because their species is already coded into the games.

As far a D/P is concerned, Shaymin-S is an ordinary Shaymin with a different typing, different stats, a different ability and a different movepool. However, both the typing, the ability and the moves already exist in D/P, this Shaymin just combines them in a slightly unusual fashion. In short, D/P isn't able to recognize Shaymin-S as a new Pokémon, just as a variation of a Pokémon already existing in the game. Apart from its sprite, Shaymin-S contains nothing at all that doesn't exist in D/P already.

Last edited:
If all past experience is anything to go by, new abilities are highly unlikely. Since no such abilities exist in the coding of X/Y, they would be incompatible with X/Y in battles or trading. That's the reason why no new moves, Pokémon species or abilities are ever introduced in the middle of a generation. They would break compatibility. If a move/Pokémon/ability does not exist in the coding of the generation's "pioneer games", it won't exist in the rest of the generation either. Simple as.

Retcons of abilities or moves, or new formes of Pokémon, would however be possible. As long as something exists in the code of the pioneer games, it can later be changed or tweaked without compatibility errors. The games only have problems with entirely new features, but existing ones can be altered. It's highly unlikely that GameFreak would back down on the removal of permaweather, but if they do, I'd expect them to change Drizzle/Drought or maybe add some kind of Super-Damp Rock or something. New abilities are, unfortunately, almost certainly out of the picture.

Oh, and don't pull the "They may add it for X/Y via a patch" card. If they had any plans or intentions to do so, Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion and the rest wouldn't have been coded into X/Y in the first place.
Just like they did with Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Rotom-W/H/C/F/Whatever, right?

There is some dude girl that is named May I think. Not sure never really played RSE either.
And how dare you criticised the remakes in Page 2 if yoy didn't even play the originals?

Last edited:
I don't get all (most) of this "incompatibility" nonsense. With this new generation, it is entirely possible to "patch" or "update" something like this. We've already had a bug fix this generation. I may not be a technical programmer or what have you, but I'm almost positive that GF can add new material to this generation and keep it compatible. They were pushing from the start that they now had the capability to issue patches/updates.

Not to mention that issuing a patch to flawed games is not a foreign concept to the Pokemon franchise - it's actually quite humorous. We're returning to the same games this was introduced in. Remember the infamous RS Berry glitch? GF took note of it and issued several methods of fixing it - and all it takes/took to apply the patch is/was to interact with other games in the same generation. This was about a decade ago. Now we're here.

If you're trying to tell me that GF thought of, and finished coding, everything for this generation and put it into X and Y for later games, I'd have to call BS on that. Now, as to what ORAS will introduce, we'll just have to wait and see.

Another thing. Why is everyone only speculating 'mons introduced in RS getting meg evos? The RS regional dex had 'mons from Kanto and Johto, too.
Why not a mega Seaking, Crobat, Machamp, Vileplume, Muk, Wigglytuff, Starmie, Raichu, Golduck, Xatu, Lanturn, Kingdra, etc.?

I mean, I'd love to see mega Sceptile, Swampert, Ludicolo, Breloom, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Flygon, Armaldo, Milotic, Salemence, Metagross, etc.
Just because it may (or not) be Hoenn, doesn't mean any new megas should be limited to Hoenn-introduced 'mons.

Oh, and lest I forget. Hopefully they do something about all that dreadful surfing. Hoenn may be my favorite region, but I never cared for half of it covered in water. Maybe they'll be re-imagined remakes and the layout is slightly different. Lilycove boardwalk to Mossdeep? Please?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Another thing. Why is everyone only speculating 'mons introduced in RS getting meg evos? The RS regional dex had 'mons from Kanto and Johto, too.
Why not a mega Seaking, Crobat, Machamp, Vileplume, Muk, Wigglytuff, Starmie, Raichu, Golduck, Xatu, Lanturn, Kingdra, etc.?
I think they are referring to the Trade Mark list I posted earlier ago (on page 3 or 4)
In which, nearly all Mega Pokemon are from the Trade Mark list, but there are trade marked Pokemon that haven't had a Mega released yet.
And since Mega Latios and Mega Latias are successfully hacked, (being also on the list), it is natural to assume more unreleased Megas will be coming.
Most of the remaining 9 trade marked Pokemon are from Gen 3.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of berries, maybe this is what nintendo meant about getting berries from other regions. Im sure there will be more berries released in these games.

I'm hoping for new types for Mega Groudon and Kyogre.

Looking at the cover, my guess is:

Mega Groudon: Ground / Fire
Mega Kyogre: Water / Electric

A Ground weakness for Kyogre would be ideal since they're supposed to be fighting and stuff but the truth is that Kyogre shits all over Groudon. With new types, Groudon can hit Kyogre with STAB SE Earthquake ftw.

With new types, Groudon can hit Kyogre with STAB SE Earthquake ftw.
Well, yeah, but now Water Sprout would spoil the x4 weakness to water, lol.

What if they use the Emerald plot of Kyogre vs. Groudon, in OR you get yo catch Groudon and then Wallace gets Kyogre, in AS you get Kyogre then Steven gets Groudon, and the guy without the legendary gets a Mega (Metagross and Milotic) and after you beat them he gives you that Mega-stone?
Mh, I don't know, this seems quite irrational. In pokégames these legendaries are like gods, would be weird for a champion to use them during the storyline.

Btw, people, now that I looked better at them, they definitely seem different from their original forms, and I'm honestly worried, they are already OP, as I said, especially Kyogre. And let's hope that we don't go back to permaweather, it was quite annoying. I know they would be Ubers, but still.

I'm hoping for new types for Mega Groudon and Kyogre.

Looking at the cover, my guess is:

Mega Groudon: Ground / Fire
Mega Kyogre: Water / Electric

A Ground weakness for Kyogre would be ideal since they're supposed to be fighting and stuff but the truth is that Kyogre shits all over Groudon. With new types, Groudon can hit Kyogre with STAB SE Earthquake ftw.
But that also makes groudon 4x weak to water:(

dialganet

Banned deucer.
You can talk about Mega Evolutions for Groudon and Kyogre, but a form change could happen as well.

Not everyone that plays Pokemon is 8-14, as many of the users of this website will attest.
Actually, I'm 24 and counting (as a Pokemon player).
Anyway, I'm with you on this, what I feel as most likely is that the cover pictures are sort of alternated forms, due to Team Magma/Idro finally being able to control them. On the other side, though, we've got to admit that the gen3 legendary stones (and Soul Dew, to a certain extend) are the closest things to Mega Stones we can find in pre-Kalos games. This could be a way to justify Perma-weather again in-game. Or to give them, like, Desertic Drought and Tsunami Drizzle. Well, they should have just not given those freaking abilities to a freaking toad and a freaking Narutolike fox to begin with, and this wouldn't be a problem.

I think they should summarize all of the good things of gen III-IV-5-VI and put them together, this is a great chance. My two cents (and wishes) for these games, what they should do and what they shouldn't do:

To do:
  1. Battle Frontier. That's the only challenging thing in-game, for a competitive battler.
  2. Move Tutors, as in HGSS. Stealth Rock Aegislash.
  3. A brand new stock of clothes for character customization.
  4. On a related note, please let us choice height. I'm not demanding the impossible, just give me the very small/small/average/tall/very tall option. I'm tired of looking up to people I could use as punching bags.
  5. On another related note, give us a one month free trial again on Pokebank, so that anyone can just transfer their clothes from X/Y freely. That wouldn't hurt tranfer too, that's not a problem to me, but I recognize a lot of people would find extremely useful to transfer like 400-500 guys in a blink of an eye to the most recent game.
  6. There was a Berry farmer before the forest, please give us the chance too seed and farm Berries and Apricots.
  7. On a related note, let us create new balls with berries (or mixing Apricots?) using the contests Berry mixer.
  8. Please, a circular place like the central square in Lumiose City to hatch eggs (the crater of the volcano where Groudon lives?). It's too good to breed securing the 3DS pad with a paper clip and doing push-ups at the same time.
Not to do:
  1. Not too many megas. I know megastarters are more than likely (thank you Torchic event), but please, do not invade us with a Mega for every evolutionary chain.
  2. Do not repeat the "I choose who to challenge" Elite Four Mode.
Final notes: as much as I'd like it, it's highly unlikely they will add the sprites following you. With XY, they've taken the game graphic to a Whole different level. Guys like Gyarados, Wailord, Kyogre the God of Pokemon himself, bouncing on those wooden beams at the 6th gym city? Please. And the moment you realize Charizard's shorter than you.
I'd also like to see some event legendaries like Deoxys, Jirachi to be encountered in game.

"The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)