Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played with the EXP share on for a while until I started getting overlevelled. Then turned it off and never looked back.
Pokemon is easy enough when you're a few levels below the opponents, let alone above.

I played with the EXP share on for a while until I started getting overlevelled. Then turned it off and never looked back.
Pokemon is easy enough when you're a few levels below the opponents, let alone above.
It's not just over leveling. It's strategy and type matchup, with some synergy. I once tried to beat the Emerald league with a level 89 Swampert TRAINED BY MYSELF, and got wrecked by Wallace's Ludicolo. After 7 attempts I gave up and caught Rayquaza to beat it. I dare you to train just your starter and beat the league just using it for battles on XY.

It's not just over leveling. It's strategy and type matchup, with some synergy. I once tried to beat the Emerald league with a level 89 Swampert TRAINED BY MYSELF, and got wrecked by Wallace's Ludicolo. After 7 attempts I gave up and caught Rayquaza to beat it. I dare you to train just your starter and beat the league just using it for battles on XY.
I didn't do that in emerald, but I did do that in Sapphire. Swampert rules. First try too! But since I don't have XY, I don't know how difficult it would be

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Unfortunately the games are designed to be beatable by 6-year old kids, aka the target audience, so non-optional in-game content will never be challenging without self-imposed restrictions.
This is a common issue with most Nintendo games nowdays.

If you buy a Pokemon game you did it becasue you love Pokemon not becasue you wanted to challenge yourself, lol. Considering how serious competitive player v player battling gets I kind of enjoy that the games are laxer. It gives you the freedom to include random crap like Sunfora on your team (if you happen to like Sunflora or whatever) And from a game design stand point it's fundamentally just a exp level-up RPG. Making it "harder" wouldn't actually make it harder it would just make it more boring cause you'd just end up spending more time grinding your level.

It's cool that lots of fans want to challenge themselves though.

Considering the pacing in RSE was fine and you only got the Exp. Share just before or just after the second gym... yeah, I think we're good.
But it was up to you when you got it. If i remember correctly, you got it after when either delivering the letter to Steven or the goods to Slateport. So its just before or after the second gym. But some people like myself instead of taking the ship back, waited until the third badge with rock smash and went through the tunnel.

Speaking of rock smash, i wonder how they will handle HMs in ORAS. Flash, Rock Smash and Dive are HMs in RSE but not in XY

But it was up to you when you got it. If i remember correctly, you got it after when either delivering the letter to Steven or the goods to Slateport. So its just before or after the second gym. But some people like myself instead of taking the ship back, waited until the third badge with rock smash and went through the tunnel.

Speaking of rock smash, i wonder how they will handle HMs in ORAS. Flash, Rock Smash and Dive are HMs in RSE but not in XY
They've added HMs mid-gen before - in HGSS, Defog was replaced with Whirlpool. I assume they'll add a Dive HM and keep Flash and Rock Smash as TMs.

Also, the sense of direction to the Exp. Share was pretty bad, so I assume they'll add something in that either tells you to go back to Steven's dad, or maybe Steven gives you it right there and then. Then again, he also gives you the Steel Wing TM and it's also speculated he may also give you a Mega Stone there this time around... this could get to be an item clusterfuck.

Actually the main idea behind Flash was that you need to beat Brawly's gym in order to be able to use it to explore Granite Cave. Of course nothing is stopping you back then from walking through Granite Cave first and getting to Steven in the dark lol

Rock Smash goes by roughly the same principle, but all it really does is to block off access to north of Mauville before beating Wattson. It can be replaced by shit like Strength or an NPC or something, no biggie either

I really like the idea of Primal Devolution and wish all the megas were similar to that. My favorite mega designs are ones like Mega Garchomp where I like to believe millions and millions of years ago all Garchomp used to look like Mega Garchomp, but "evolved" into what they look like today. I think deep down I wish there was information on Pokemon during ancient times, before Pokedexs and computers.

With Gamefreak touting new "Ancient Devolutions", has it been 100% confirmed that you can't have a mega on your team as well as a "Primal Forme"?

Yeah, Challenge mode was a good idea, but GF was so dumb to make it unavaiable from the beginning. How was I supposed to start a game in that mode, if me and my friends bought the game at launch?
Besides, I'm on the pro side about the new exp share, the problem is how poorly Kalos is balanced. Between the first two gyms there's a huge gap, in both my runs I risked to go overlevel with my teams (and in the second run, on Y, I used a specifically breed team, so just imagine how fast they grew. By the time I reached the League I was on level 80, no kidding).

Besides, I'm on the pro side about the new exp share, the problem is how poorly Kalos is balanced. Between the first two gyms there's a huge gap, in both my runs I risked to go overlevel with my teams (and in the second run, on Y, I used a specifically breed team, so just imagine how fast they grew. By the time I reached the League I was on level 80, no kidding).
I know; at first I was getting really excited at the gap between the two gyms because I thought the whole region would be like that and the Gyms would be spaced out... and then after Grant I started picking up Badges sonic-speed.

Reactions: PME

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tbh, the real problem in Kalos is... Ramos. If you removed him, the gyms would have a lot more "spacier" feel, even if they really weren't.
besides, who the fuck cares about him

Thankfully, I don't recall Hoenn having any of that bullshit, so we'll be fine. The Exp. Share might throw some things off balance though, as I don't expect them to change the rosters' levels...

inb4 mega swellow is announced, with Gale Wing.

I do find it strange though how theyve given groudon an extra typing, but not kyogre, id have assumed it'd become water/electric, since if im not mistaken, the marking on it are yellowish..

I have two questions:
1) In this games there will be a move tutor?
2) there is a chance that we will know the stats of the new Mega evolutions (swampert and all) before the game wil get out? Or we wil have to wait until the games will be at the stores?

I have two questions:
1) In this games there will be a move tutor?
2) there is a chance that we will know the stats of the new Mega evolutions (swampert and all) before the game wil get out? Or we wil have to wait until the games will be at the stores?
We don't technically know any of this information yet, but from past experiences, I'm pretty confident that there will be a move tutor in this game. I doubt that the stats will be available to us before the game gets in stores (there might be a couple pre-release copies or leaks, though).

We don't technically know any of this information yet, but from past experiences, I'm pretty confident that there will be a move tutor in this game. I doubt that the stats will be available to us before the game gets in stores (there might be a couple pre-release copies or leaks, though).
Yea you are probably right,Thanks tough :)

I had Exp.Share on nearly all the time (except just before the Elite Four and around the seventh gym when I was TRYING TO FIND SOME GOD FORSAKEN RAIN), and found myself only about a level or two above most of the Gym Leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)