Omg, shinies

I've seen three shiny pokes (not including Red Gyarados) in all my pokesturbation time. One was a Nidorina in the LG Safari Zone. Bitch let me throw a handful of balls before running off. Another was in a wild double battle with that Claydol guy. It was a shiny Magcargo! But my asshole ally killed it before I could "stabilize" (kill Claydol and the other random poke). I was pissed. Finally I found a shiny Cacturne. Blissey Seismic Tossed it before a few balls caught it. The thing turned out to be Modest, which can work out...

Still looking for a shiny Weedle...

Luckily I have captured every shiny I have seen:
- caterpie, zubat, tentacool and obviously Gyarados in Gold, save file erased long ago.
- Makuhita with crappy nature in Emerald.
- Adamant Zubat with so-so IVs in Diamond.

I have tried with the pokeradar but my biggest chain is 26 and apparently you need at least 40 to get shinys easily.

I ran into a shiny Spiritomb purely by chance when I was SRing for a good IV'd Bold one (didn't know it had to have Pain Split as an egg move)

And of course, there's the shiny Giratina I ran into on my first attempt at catching it.

So yeah, I just rely purely on luck to catch shinies.

my first shiny was an onix in saphire version,but i traded it to my freind for no reason i didnt know about shinies at the time.and my freind traded me a shiny starly wich i cloned and now i have the evo line shiny to.

The only shiny I've ever gotten is the Red Gyarados. And I've played Blue, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, and Diamond, all multiple times except Diamond. Makes me kinda depressed, but on the other hand, I couldn't really care less about it. It helps that I think most of them look worse than their normal palette.

I've played 3rd gen and 4th gen for (I can't remember) hours, and met 2 random shinies in the wild completely randomly. Luckily for me, I caught both. The first one was in Ruby where I caught a shiny Golbat while hunting for Bagon. At that time, I never knew what shinies were but I thought it was a glitch and unique, so I chucked a few ultra balls at it and caught it. I called my friend to tell him about it, and he said it was just a glitch(it wasn't) and said he saw a blue-eyed Lunatone and ran away. When I found out that it was the shiny version of Lunatone, I was furious. lulz. Second one was in D/P when I was just coming out of Jubilife, on my first save file, and randomly ran into a Shiny Bidoof. I lawled and caught it. It was about 1 hour into the game?

err, doesn't this topic come up like every other month? And people just share all about their shines or lack thereof.

Well, I poke radar'd an Adamant 0 attack iv Larvitar on the 14th one. I don't understand how people can actually use that stupid thing cause my chain always breaks for some unknown reason. Really quite frustrating =[

I do have a decently iv'd adamant gyarados, though. I caught it when I first started Diamond. I've also bred a hardy (yay) salamence and found a modest weedle (lol).

damn, all hella lucky. ive got over 800 hours on diamond, like, 100 on my pearl, had over 300 on emerald, and 60 on fire red and found no shinies. also, hatched over 2000 eggs.
although i did find pokerus, but it was redundant as my friend had already given it to me.

I guess your stuck with bad luck then =/ I have catch a shiny noctowl in Silver, a shiny zubat in leaf green and a shiny heatran (I didn't even softreset for good IV's, only modest, mild or rash nature) in pearl..

I have only played through Diamond once. Never played any earlier titles, but I snagged a Shiney Machomp while training up my team in the cave before the Elite 4. That's the only one I've got.

Shiny Weedle in Silver, before having access to Pokéballs
Shiny Spinda in Sapphire, was playing a rom though.
And I've hatched a shiny Serious Heracross in DP.

Kinda lame but at least I have one.

Well I had luck with two shinies in advance but both were deleted, as for now I have some shinies I got from trade.

All shinies Iv'e caught except for Shiny Gyarados in G/S/C are:

Shiny Cleffa - From the 50/50 egg on Crystal.
Shiny Ekans - My first ever Shiny! on Silver.
Shiny Jigglypuff - On the road just above the first one, on Silver.
Shiny Oddish - Catched while I was really tired and using a normal GBA while surprising choose to go under the bicycle bridge instead of on it on Ruby.
Shiny Tentacool - Caught it while I was surfing to the cerulean cave on FireRed.
Shiny Budew - My only Pokéradar shinie, also the only one that's above 40, my 2nd chain is 39... and now I can't even get passed 20 anymore x__x. On Pearl of course xP

I had loads of shineys in crystal. After that game I hadn't seen any till the Saffire battle tower. To make things worse, every time I lost there, the next battle I was up agaisnt that pokemon (shiny girafarig).

I did had luck with pokerush, first battle in diamond and bam, pokerush. I wasn't really happy about the timing since I had to put my pokemon in a box and catch new ones before I could continue.

My first ever non-redgyara shiny was a Sudowoodo. At the moment I have 6 shinies: zubat, mankey, zigzagoon, cubone, ditto and a mew I just got of GTS 5 minutes ago.(it looks legit ^^)

Shiny Cleffa - From the 50/50 egg on Crystal.
THE EGG IS NOT 50/50! It's actually closer to 1 in 8 - see this page.
Anyway, I haven't had too much luck with shinies, though I have caught 3 normally. They were a crappy IVed Mild Zigzagoon (I use it for Pickup), a 31 Sp.Atk IV (!) Brave (-_-) Shuppet, and a 31 Speed Naughty Medicham (not too bad).
I have got a hell of a lot through Wi-Fi.
On Crystal, I found a way of getting easy shinies. ^_^
When you get to the daycare, save in front of the lady, pick up the Odd Egg, clone it, pick up another one, clone it, and repeat. Then hatch all of them, and you're likely to get at least one shiny due to the 1/8 chance. I got 2 shiny Cleffas and a shiny Igglybuff that way.

Through all the other generations shinies never piqued my interest, but one of my friends told me a story when he and I first got Pearl (both got it the day it came out, suckas). The very, VERY first Pokemon he saw in the ENTIRE game was a shiny Starly. While I haven't spent quality time with my PokeRadar recently, I have caught ever PokeRadar Pokemon in the game, some of which were mind-bendingly rare and took forever to find (like Stantler), others of which I was actually trying to get a reasonably good one (like Tyrogue). After a box and a half of tyrogue, every single one has a +sp. def nature except for 3. Two of those were +def.

I've got 2 shiny Raticate (both in Route 1, one in Gold and one it Leaf Green), a shiny Armaldo and a shiny Milotic.

It's solely down to luck. If you have no shinies you're just unlucky. There's nothing special about them, and in GSC they have to have certain "IVs" to be shiny, which is annoying. :(

I keep hoping I will have a shiney pink pokemon pop out so I can name it Loetke and trade it to everyone on the boards :D

If anyone really wants a shiny that bad, just use an Action Replay. In Crystal just recently, I found a shiny Oddish and Cubone just like that in less than nine hours. That goes to show that it is all luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)