OMPL VI Discussion Thread

Willdbeast'sSuperExcitingMysteryDraftPriceGuessingBonanza! : Results!!!

Only one person guessed correctly so shoutouts to Chazm for guessing exactly 10.5k for his draft price. Since he is on my team hopefully his predictions in game will match those out of it.

Honorable mentions for Mark_K being 0.5k off and to me for having the worst guess of anyone :[

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Power rankings

#8 Bewears led by UC and SW. Idk what to say. Ag duo from last year is back with pigeons and purple. Purple will do nice but I'm not confident about pigeons at all. Idk why they bet on him first. Mnm core looks quite weak with multi and ihhc compared to the rest. Aaa too with kimbo, but ig ihhc can help out somewhat. Bh is aight with the long ass name dude and sugarhigh. Although Byron and bush are good mon players, they'll be completely useless. Byron could sub in for pigeons while bush doing aaa one of these weeks but both need a lot of team support. If they aren't starters, I don't see the point in having them. Getting better builders and making them starters would prob be smarter... But it's too late for that

#7 Blissey led by TI. Second worst team this draft. Ham is an excellent AG spot and went for a nice price. Dsmp and mm is questionable tho since they both going to need some kind of support from someone and I highly doubt ham will be able to do that, while still focusing on his own games as well. Aaa is very weak, but he kinda saved himself there with his 20 min buy for Consort... But that isn't enough at all if u compare it to the other teams. Mnm is quite mediocre too. With such a small playerbase, it was crucial to draft at least 2 players who know mnm somewhat, since they gonna need someone to test with, and chazm isn't that good on his own. BH is top notch, but when u think about how much he spent for it, it just makes it look bad. I can see that he had a plan going into this draft, but it was a bad one. this time, idt any of his team members can bail him out

#6 Mega Rayquazas led by Deg and sedertz. AG spot is lit but idk how donno will preform since he very Rusty. Their mnm core is the 4th best out of the 8 teams with Mark k and akashi. in order for them to succeed, they need to help each other cause on their own, they can't mu to the rest Imo. Bh spot is nice with Moro and akios but idk about aaa. Beta in aaa is aight ig

#5 Jolteons led by DBW and Ransei. Excellent choice with Paycard and zesty. arushiii and iexca are a good too. aaa looks piss weak with Of, although motherlove and Martha can help somewhat. Mnm is very weak as well... Zesty picked it up a bit but I honestly doubt he will have that much of a difference, cause he simply didn't have enough time to learn it. It11 situation is kinda weird. He hasn't played in ages, and he not gonna get the same weak competition as last year. Bh is Gucci with motherlove

#4 Hydreigons led by Chloé. A solid team. Ag core is kinda weak with 2 very predictable players but it don't mean they can't get some wins. Their mnm bh aaa core look quite solid tho. Lot of players who can help each other out in every meta. Although they do have some solid players, none of them are really top tier material in their respectful tiers, except maybe for bh.

#3 Talonflames led by Zard and leru. Having some key builders and a bunch of tour players ic. Bh with qt is covered, and he can help with 1v1. His more important task would be to help lax build aaa tho. They got one of the best mnm cores with qt and hlord so that should be fun. Ag is interesting tho. Zard will most likely be the one to pass teams thruout this tour and he got some help with ESM since he tried out Ag before. Idk how that's gonna work. I've seen way too many top tier uber/tour players lose to Ag ones due to their lack of knowledge on some of the sets that only exists in Ag. I don't have much faith in em so I'll only give them #3

#2 HonchCrows led by Snaq and jrdn. Hmmm, I really like this team. Cata is a very nice choice and pairing up holy break with mags and terra helps with his team building problems. Andyboy is a nice mnm player but with jrdn's help, he becomes an even bigger threat... Same goes for sylveon and plas in aaa.. Mamp covers bh

#1. Go figure

Last edited:
Power rankings

#8 Bewears led by UC and SW. Idk what to say. Ag duo from last year is back with pigeons and purple. Purple will do nice but I'm not confident about pigeons at all. Idk why they bet on him first. Mnm core looks quite weak with multi and ihhc compared to the rest. Aaa too with kimbo, but ig ihhc can help out somewhat. Bh is aight with the long ass name dude and sugarhigh. Although Byron and bush are good mon players, they'll be completely useless. Byron could sub in for pigeons while bush doing aaa one of these weeks but both need a lot of team support. If they aren't starters, I don't see the point in having them. Getting better builders and making them starters would prob be smarter... But it's too late for that

#7 Blissey led by TI. Second worst team this draft. Ham is an excellent AG spot and went for a nice price. Dsmp and mm is questionable tho since they both going to need some kind of support from someone and I highly doubt ham will be able to do that, while still focusing on his own games as well. Aaa is very weak, but he kinda saved himself there with his 20 min buy for Consort... But that isn't enough at all if u compare it to the other teams. Mnm is quite mediocre too. With such a small playerbase, it was crucial to draft at least 2 players who know mnm somewhat, since they gonna need someone to test with, and chazm isn't that good on his own. BH is top notch, but when u think about how much he spent for it, it just makes it look bad. I can see that he had a plan going into this draft, but it was a bad one. this time, idt any of his team members can bail him out

#6 Mega Rayquazas led by Deg and sedertz. AG spot is lit but idk how donno will preform since he very Rusty. Their mnm core is the 4th best out of the 8 teams with Mark k and akashi. in order for them to succeed, they need to help each other cause on their own, they can't mu to the rest Imo. Bh spot is nice with Moro and akios but idk about aaa. Beta in aaa is aight ig

#5 Jolteons led by DBW and Ransei. Excellent choice with Paycard and zesty. arushiii and iexca are a good too. aaa looks piss weak with Of, although motherlove and Martha can help somewhat. Mnm is very weak as well... Zesty picked it up a bit but I honestly doubt he will have that much of a difference, cause he simply didn't have enough time to learn it. It11 situation is kinda weird. He hasn't played in ages, and he not gonna get the same weak competition as last year. Bh is Gucci with motherlove

#4 Hydreigons led by Chloé. A solid team. Ag core is kinda weak with 2 very predictable players but it don't mean they can't get some wins. Their mnm bh aaa core look quite solid tho. Lot of players who can help each other out in every meta. Although they do have some solid players, none of them are really top tier material in their respectful tiers, except maybe for bh.

#3 Talonflames led by Zard and leru. Having some key builders and a bunch of tour players ic. Bh with qt is covered, and he can help with 1v1. His more important task would be to help lax build aaa tho. They got one of the best mnm cores with qt and hlord so that should be fun. Ag is interesting tho. Zard will most likely be the one to pass teams thruout this tour and he got some help with ESM since he tried out Ag before. Idk how that's gonna work. I've seen way too many top tier uber/tour players lose to Ag ones due to their lack of knowledge on some of the sets that only exists in Ag. I don't have much faith in em so I'll only give them #3

#2 HonchCrows led by Snaq and jrdn. Hmmm, I really like this team. Cata is a very nice choice and pairing up holy break with mags and terra helps with his team building problems. Andyboy is a nice mnm player but with jrdn's help, he becomes an even bigger threat... Same goes for sylveon and plas in aaa.. Mamp covers bh

#1. Go figure

Pass that weed fam you've been tripping all day

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Power rankings

#1. Go figure
Imagine shortening ihhca to ihhc

Power rankings

#1. Go figure
why do you think that not having a single 1v1 player that is above average or rather,a player that can play 1v1 at all,will get that team to #3
also jokes aside we are probably the #1 team objectively

OMPL VI PREDICTIONS
<<
Link>>

Step right up, folks! Take part and be in with a chance to win bragging rights absolutely nothing in this meaningless, fun game! Predict which team / players will succeed and which will fail NOW, before anyone can even agree with each other just to say 'I told you so' two months from now. No-one but myself will be able to see your answers so don't be shy about your thoughts! I'll reveal the winner(s) (or whoever got closest) and results at some point towards the end of the tournament. Good luck!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Power rankings

#1. Go figure
Honestly I think all the teams are kind of on par with one or two standouts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)