OMPL VIII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Wow somehow we repeated history and made this thread even worse than the OMPL VII Finals one.

First of all I'd like to put in a disclaimer that this post and nothing regarding our decisions made so far have been made as an April Fools joke. Each decision so far has been genuinely made and this post is meant to cover what I'm now doing.

I sincerely apologize for the massive disruption between the Smogon community and OM leadership today. TI and I as OM leadership have acknowledged our grave mistake when deciding the primary OMPL VIII managers and in part of that came some full pages and a whole day's worth of unnecessary tension that taught and exposed to me the actions needed to not only improve this tournament, but our leadership abilities for the sake of the OM forum.

I've decided for The Immortal to be removed from his management position. Chloe will be added instead, replacing The Immortal as an OMPL VIII manager. She will also have the option to keep the name Klink Shamers. To stack in more news, Camomons has been semi-officially declared as our 6th format in this tournament. It had been previously chosen by our original set of managers. The vote was almost unanimous and had been initially considered by OM leadership to have been our second best option. It is my duty to this community to maintain a fair high-quality tournament for mostly everyone's satisfaction. This is the most important OM tournament of the year. Tons of competitive OM players, contributors, and even users outside our forum come here every year, to tag into this team tour hoping for the best we could offer. So far we've failed twice before the tournament even began and I personally hope these changes can make up for some of it. Sorry everyone had to come to this sort of struggle today. This thread will be locked for the time being and our moderation team will decide on what to do with it in the near future. Stay tuned!

Edit: We may consider a re-vote on the final format including all current Gen 8 OMs + Gen 7 Balanced Hackmons. Stay tuned on that as well.

Thank you all for reading.​

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
OMPL Team names have been confirmed and player signups are now up!
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ompl-viii-player-signups.3661942/

It has been decided for Camomons to be left as our final format option. Having it kept in and removed right after would be unfair for the format and would've been seen as another weird decision where we did not have one particular format significantly more ideal than the rest. Camomons also deserves to have its own chance of showing what its playerbase is capable of after being shafted numerous times already from exposure to higher access play and better representation within the OM community. We hope it's all for the best and everyone here would be able to enjoy playing through all the formats in this tournament. Thanks for your patience. A decision on what we're doing with OMPL VIII commencement still has yet to be made and will be announced within the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)