Other Metas Leader
Art by AmirAlexander
If you wish to play in the Other Metagames Premier League, you must sign up in this thread. The Other Metagames Premier League is a 9 week event at minimum, and has the potential to stretch on a bit further depending on tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the majority of this time, as a high level of activity is expected. This includes several things, such as communicating with your team and getting your games done, and maintaining a competitive attitude even after your team has already been eliminated. It is in your own best interest to show off your best side. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.
A reminder of rulings that hold true for this year, and some new ones:
- Managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team for a fixed price of 16k.
- Managers must assign one assistant manager from their drafted players, either during the auction or after it.
- There are no retains.
- Each team must draft a minimum of 8 players using 80k credits.
- Trades may not occur after the conclusion of week 2.
- Tourbanned users may not participate.
- There will be a severe penalty for any team that picks up a known alt of a banned player, or any player masquerading as another person to lower their cost in the auction. This has not been a big issue in the past, but it is important to establish that both parties will be penalized immediately and harshly if they are found doing so.
If you wish to sign up, please use the following format:
The tiers this year are Almost Any Ability, Balanced Hackmons, Camomons, Mix and Mega, NFE, and STABmons.PS name: Megazard
Preferred metas: Almost Any Ability / STABmons
If you are interested in playing, be aware that any team may buy you, and you are expected to play for any one of them. Only list tiers in your signup that you are willing to play. While these aren't binding, it will affect how the managers will see you, and you are expected to play them if necessary. If you would not consider seriously playing a tier in a tournament, do not list it. Do not make dumb joke posts about playing tiers you don't care for.
You are generally expected to participate in your team's Discord. While we understand that activity levels may vary, this is the core portion of OMPL, and what makes it fun. Your team's Discord server is where your team will hang out, discuss strategies and just have fun without worrying about the game. This is where teams come together (or fall apart), and likely the most integral part to the entire tournament.
Teams (w/ links to Discord)
Signups will be open until April 12th. Have a great season, everyone!