Tournament OMPL X - Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
can I get an English translation for this anaconja
Are you kidding ??? What the **** are you talking about man ? You are a biggest looser i ever seen in my life ! You was doing PIPI in your pampers when i was beating players much more stronger then you! You are not proffesional, because proffesionals knew how to lose and congratulate opponents, you are like a noob crying after i beat you! Be brave, be honest to yourself and stop this trush talkings!!! Everybody know that i am very good bh player, i can win anyone in the world in single game! And "c"ity "s"c is nobody for me, just a player who are crying every single time when loosing, ( remember what you say about Sevag ) !!! Stop playing with my name, i deserve to have a good name during whole my bh carrier, I am Officially inviting you to NDBH match with the Prize fund! Both of us will invest 5000$ and winner takes it all! I suggest all other people who's intrested in this situation, just take a look at my results in OMPL 8 and 9 tournaments, and that should be enough... No need to listen for every crying babe, ChampionLeonOM is always play Fair ! And if someone will continue Officially talk about me like that, we will meet in Court! God bless with true! True will never die ! Liers will kicked off...

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you kidding ??? What the **** are you talking about man ? You are a biggest looser i ever seen in my life ! You was doing PIPI in your pampers when i was beating players much more stronger then you! You are not proffesional, because proffesionals knew how to lose and congratulate opponents, you are like a noob crying after i beat you! Be brave, be honest to yourself and stop this trush talkings!!! Everybody know that i am very good bh player, i can win anyone in the world in single game! And "c"ity "s"c is nobody for me, just a player who are crying every single time when loosing, ( remember what you say about Sevag ) !!! Stop playing with my name, i deserve to have a good name during whole my bh carrier, I am Officially inviting you to NDBH match with the Prize fund! Both of us will invest 5000$ and winner takes it all! I suggest all other people who's intrested in this situation, just take a look at my results in OMPL 8 and 9 tournaments, and that should be enough... No need to listen for every crying babe, ChampionLeonOM is always play Fair ! And if someone will continue Officially talk about me like that, we will meet in Court! God bless with true! True will never die ! Liers will kicked off...
thank you anaconja that's much more legible :blobthumbsup:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
alright after the game i was wondering "is there actually something more to this type of team? am i missing something?" so i decided to bulid this squad with sd/sacred fire/poltergeist regi + itemless lunala and spent 10 minutes on it (it was barely coherent) and i can confidently say the answer is NO dude i spent like an hour farming high ladder with this unsound discount team from kmart that has no regi answer and no xern answer but simply wins faster. both my team and my playing were horrendous and i STILL was able to click every game. ANYONE can make these teams. the only reason im telling you guys about this idea is because i prefer to actually work for my wins

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
can I get an English translation for this anaconja
not anaconja but

when the mix and mega and almost any ability do-it-yourself-er balance user automated fire-water-grass core user tournament winner role haver who smokes pot and posts songs when they win and was carried by regen liberal that posts corviknight and her balanced hackmons human-cat-hybrid onyx onix inspired hyper offense style that uses a lot of life orb and is against paralysis french philosophy-esque that complains about the meta, with an idea that manifests itself and a moderately platonic (but apparently not fully) girlfriend that went undefeated in the regular season causes beauts to use a queer-associated cultural phrase that instantly knocks out an estimated 300 bad players in central manhattan, new york

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
alright after the game i was wondering "is there actually something more to this type of team? am i missing something?" so i decided to bulid this squad with sd/sacred fire/poltergeist regi + itemless lunala and spent 10 minutes on it (it was barely coherent) and i can confidently say the answer is NO dude i spent like an hour farming high ladder with this unsound discount team from kmart that has no regi answer and no xern answer but simply wins faster. both my team and my playing were horrendous and i STILL was able to click every game. ANYONE can make these teams. the only reason im telling you guys about this idea is because i prefer to actually work for my wins
cope + get better + linoone to the moon

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
kmart will ship your pants for free (wins on the ladder with this team style)

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
America is great at many things. We have more tornadoes than anyone else in the world, more aircraft carriers, more childhood obesity, and of course, more FREEDOM. If there is one thing Americans are bad at though, it is time zones. If you are an American trying to schedule with someone who does not know what "MST" is, here is a short primer on how to schedule in a way the rest of the world can understand.

What is GMT?
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT for short) is the yearly average (or ‘mean’) of the time each day when the Sun crosses the Prime Meridian at the Royal Observatory Greenwich. Does this matter? Not really, but what does matter is most of the rest of the world converts their time to GMT as well (including Greenwich, which for some unholy reason is on GMT+1 right now, do NOT get me started). So if you are two hours ahead of GMT, you would say your time zone is GMT+2, three hours behind, GMT-3, etc. Normally, this wouldn't be so bad, except...

What is daylight savings time?
Daylight savings time is an anachronistic practice from when farmers wanted to burn less lamp oil or something like that. For some reason we haven't abolished this shit yet, so for no good reason, your time zone changes twice per year.* Generally, summer time is daylight time, winter is standard time. For the sake of this tour, you are on daylight time, not standard.

*unless you live in Arizona or Hawaii. In which case, my condolences or congratulations, respectively. Your states do not observe daylight savings time, and remain on standard time year round. Arizona is always GMT-7, and Hawaii is always GMT-10. If you live in Alaska or the any of the territories, just Google your GMT.

Wait, so what is my time zone?
Well, I don't know where you live, but here are the current times:

Eastern Time=EDT=GMT-4
Central Time=CDT=GMT-5
Mountain Time=MDT=GMT-6
Pacific Time=PDT=GMT-7

Don't know what your time zone is? Here is map (no, I do not know why Idaho is like that. Or Indiana. They need help, clearly, and more help than I can give them).
Time Zone Map.JPG

Okay, great, but how does that help me schedule?
Well, first off, if you tell them your time zone is MST, you are a) wrong, cause it's daylight time right now, and b) that means nothing to anyone outside of the US. If you, however, tell them you in GMT-6, they can easily convert between your time zone and theirs.

How do you convert times?
To convert from one GMT to another, you can subtract your time zone from theirs to convert between them. Let's say you live on the East Coast (Least Coast), so your time zone is GMT-4. If someone is GMT+5, you do 5-(-4)=9, to realize they are 9 hours ahead of you (in the future)! Just add nine hours to your current time, and that's theirs. If their time zone is GMT-7, you do -7-(-4)=-3, and find out they are three hours behind you (in the past!). Subtract three hours from your current time, and boom, you know what time it is where they are.

I am still lost, can I have an example?
Sure. Let's say I want to schedule a BH game with my opponent, Osake. I want to play at 5:00 PM on Saturday, and I live in Texas (but not El Paso, which is actually part of New Mexico). I can message him saying: "Hello, can you play our game at 5:00 PM on Saturday? My time zone is GMT-5." Osake, who is French, is at GMT+2 right now, so he can add 7 hours to that time and realize I just tried to schedule a game at midnight his time. He might then suggest we play at 9:00 PM GMT+2, which I can subtract 7 hours from and see that is 2:00 PM my time. And we have now scheduled!

What about UTC?
It is the same thing as GMT, but no one calls it that. If they say their time zone in UTC, pretend they said GMT. No I don't know why there are two different ones.

Isn't all of this like, easily Googleable?
Yes, but, apparently y'all still won’t do that. So hopefully this helps.

Aren't we abolishing daylight savings time soon?
Well maybe, but actually no. The current bill that has passed the Senate is actually perpetual daylight time, but hey, it stops our clocks from moving twice a year so I am happy. But, it hasn't passed the House yet, and since everyone wants this to happen, I can only assume it will die without ever receiving a vote.

Is this just because a loser can't schedule?
No, it's because none of y'all can and this is a recurring problem.

I have more questions?
Well, good luck with that buddy. Ask one of your teammates if they can help you schedule. Or Google it. Please. I don't want to have to award any activity decisions because people can't convert time zones.

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
America is great at many things. We have more tornadoes than anyone else in the world, more aircraft carriers, more childhood obesity, and of course, more FREEDOM. If there is one thing Americans are bad at though, it is time zones. If you are an American trying to schedule with someone who does not know what "MST" is, here is a short primer to how to schedule in a way the rest of the world can understand.

What is GMT?
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT for short) is the yearly average (or ‘mean’) of the time each day when the Sun crosses the Prime Meridian at the Royal Observatory Greenwich. Does this matter? Not really, but what does matter is most of the rest of the world converts their time to GMT as well (including Greenwich, which for some unholy reason is on GMT+1 right now, do NOT get me started). So if you are two hours ahead of GMT, you would say your time zone is GMT+2, three hours behind, GMT-3, etc. Normally, this wouldn't be so bad, except...

Daylight savings time is an anachronistic practice from when farmers wanted to burn less lamp oil or something like that. For some reason we haven't abolished this shit yet, so for no good reason, your time zone changes twice per year.* Generally, summer time is daylight time, winter is standard time. For the sake of this tour, you are on daylight time, not standard.

*unless you live in Arizona or Hawaii. In which case, my condolences or congratulations, respectively. Your states do not observe daylight savings time, and remain on standard time year round. Arizona is always GMT-7, and Hawaii is always GMT-10. If you live in Alaska or the any of the territories, just Google your GMT.

Well I don't know where you live, but here are the current times:
Eastern Time=EDT=GMT-4
Central Time=CDT=GMT-5
Mountain Time=MDT=GMT-6
Pacific Time=PDT=GMT-7

Don't know what your time zone is? Here is map (no, I do not know why Idaho is like that. Or Indiana. They need help, clearly, and more help than I can give them).
View attachment 417564

Well, first off, if you tell them your time zone is MST, you are a) wrong, cause it's daylight time right now, and b) that means nothing to anyone outside of the US. If you, however, tell them you in GMT-6, they can easily convert between your time zone and theirs.

To convert from one GMT to another, you can subtract your time zone from theirs to convert between them. Let's say you live on the East Coast (Least Coast), so your time zone is GMT-4. If someone is GMT+5, you do 5-(-4)=9, to realize they are 9 hours ahead of you (in the future)! Just add nine hours to your current time, and that's theirs. If their time zone is GMT-7, you do -7-(-4)=-3, and find out they are three hours behind you (in the past!). Subtract three hours from your current time, and boom, you know what time it is where they are.

Sure. Let's say I want to schedule BH game with my opponent, Osake. I want to play at 5:00 PM on Saturday, and I live in Texas (but not El Paso, which is actually part of New Mexico). I can message him saying: "Hello, can you play our game at 5:00 PM on Saturday? My time zone is GMT-5." Osake, who is French, is at GMT+2 right now, so he can add 7 hours to that time and realize I just tried to schedule a game at midnight his time. He might then suggest we play at 9:00 PM GMT+2, which I can subtract 7 hours from and see that is 2:00 PM my time. And we have now scheduled!

What about UTC?
It is the same thing as GMT, but no one calls it that. If they say their time zone in UTC, pretend they said GMT. No I don't know why there are two different ones.

Yes, but, apparently y'all still wont do that. So hopefully this helps.

Well maybe, but actually no. The current bill that has passed the Senate is actually perpetual daylight time, but hey, it stops our clocks from moving twice a year so I am happy. But, it hasn't passed the House yet, and since everyone wants this to happen, I can only assume it will die without ever receiving a vote.

I have more questions?
Well, good luck with that buddy. Ask one of your teammates if they can help you schedule. Or Google it. Please. I don't want to have to award any activity decisions because people can't convert time zones.
1) I am playing at midnight wtf I'm not a kid
2) You are trying to get an AW at 9pm when I'll be lunching, that is NOT cool from you
3) I am not playing BH are you crazy ?? you should rather play with my fellow frenchie MAMP
4) This is not the right schedule method, don't listen to this Talonflame dude.

Schedule Method by Osake (100% working, approved by Ren)

Siamato rfn or AW

IBM

Banned deucer.
America is great at many things. We have more tornadoes than anyone else in the world, more aircraft carriers, more childhood obesity, and of course, more FREEDOM. If there is one thing Americans are bad at though, it is time zones. If you are an American trying to schedule with someone who does not know what "MST" is, here is a short primer to how to schedule in a way the rest of the world can understand.

What is GMT?

Well, I don't know where you live, but here are the current times:

Eastern Time=EDT=GMT-4
Central Time=CDT=GMT-5
Mountain Time=MDT=GMT-6
Pacific Time=PDT=GMT-7

View attachment 417564

Sure. Let's say I want to schedule BH game with my opponent, Osake. I want to play at 5:00 PM on Saturday, and I live in Texas (but not El Paso, which is actually part of New Mexico). I can message him saying: "Hello, can you play our game at 5:00 PM on Saturday? My time zone is GMT-5." Osake, who is French, is at GMT+2 right now, so he can add 7 hours to that time and realize I just tried to schedule a game at midnight his time. He might then suggest we play at 9:00 PM GMT+2, which I can subtract 7 hours from and see that is 2:00 PM my time. And we have now scheduled!

What about UTC?

Yes, but, apparently y'all still wont do that. So hopefully this helps.

I have more questions?
Assuming any American is going to read all this

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
drampa's grandpa kindly brought it to my attention that i forgot to do my scrabble pr. I will once again make a pr for the teams based on the longest word that I could make using the first letter of each player's name on each team. I threw in the points for the word in Scrabble as a way to break any potential ties.

1. Uh Oh Kommo-os with both "Installation" and "Transitional" at 12 letters. Both are 12 points in Scrabble.
2. Malding Mavericks with "Blackboard" at 10 letters. 21 points in Scrabble.
3. Hammered Hawluchas with "Cymbidia" at 8 letters. 18 points in Scrabble.
4. Honey Linoones with "Stramash" at 8 letters. 13 points in Scrabble.
5. Wiggly Family with "Shammed" at 7 letters. 15 points in Scrabble.
5. Larping Lopunnys with "Tripack" at 7 letters. 15 points in Scrabble.
7. Temper Tyrantrums with "Frowns" at 6 letters. 12 points in Scrabble.
8. Spinda Wheels with both "Sexts" and "Texts" at 5 letters. Both are 12 points in Scrabble.

ofc it would be these two teams that would make a tie occur...

drampa's grandpa kindly brought it to my attention that i forgot to do my scrabble pr. I will once again make a pr for the teams based on the longest word that I could make using the first letter of each player's name on each team. I threw in the points for the word in Scrabble as a way to break any potential ties.

1. Uh Oh Kommo-os with both "Installation" and "Transitional" at 12 letters. Both are 12 points in Scrabble.
2. Malding Mavericks with "Blackboard" at 10 letters. 21 points in Scrabble.
3. Hammered Hawluchas with "Cymbidia" at 8 letters. 18 points in Scrabble.
4. Honey Linoones with "Stramash" at 8 letters. 13 points in Scrabble.
5. Wiggly Family with "Shammed" at 7 letters. 15 points in Scrabble.
5. Larping Lopunnys with "Tripack" at 7 letters. 15 points in Scrabble.
7. Temper Tyrantrums with "Frowns" at 6 letters. 12 points in Scrabble.
8. Spinda Wheels with both "Sexts" and "Texts" at 5 letters. Both are 12 points in Scrabble.

ofc it would be these two teams that would make a tie occur...
finally we're doing well on a PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)