OPEN DISCUSSION - Gym Concerns and Issues

I'm stepping down from gym committee.

If anyone is interested in taking my spot, please contact deadfox081 and smashlloyd20

fwiw I'm strongly in favor of dual leadership, but if people want it implemented I'm gonna hazard a guess and say they need to propose/debate the specifics themselves.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think zarator would certainly be up for the job. As the longest-standing Gym Leader, he's fought a ton of matches and proven himself as a mainstay in ASB. He's also really good.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd totally do it if I could get poison

for absolutely no special reason whatsoever :>

Emma agrees with me ask him it is a great idea.

seriously though, what would be the point of this? covering all bases? or just some sense of self-accomplishment by holding two belts on different weight classes gym leaderships simultanously? If it is the former, then I'd suggest just putting the other gyms with the gym committee (except for smash, sorry smash) or with someone competent they appoint. Doesn't need to be the best person to ever live. If the latter is the reason I suggest you find something better to do -_-.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
The point is to actually get the gyms open, since I honestly doubt we'll ever have all 18 gyms open normally, but there are plenty of gyms that aren't open. For example, in my entire time here in ASB (a little over 2 years), Poison Gym was open for a total of about a month, long enough for the gym leader to accept two challengers and john both of them until the gym committee subbed in. That's a bit ridiculous.

I personally don't really care how we decide who should temporarily hold the open gyms, but I think we do need to solve that problem, and just have a system in place that demarcates the gyms that are still up for grabs from the permanent gyms. I agree with Frosty actually on giving the gyms to gym committee, it just solves the problem without overloading any single user.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I mean it ain't rocket science just go:

1) Gyms can only be given to a current gym leader if there is no one qualified interested in them. If someone appears and is deemed qualified, they have the right to get said gym on a permanent basis.
2) A Gym Leader can only have one additional gym.
3) A Gym Leader that has one additional gym may apply to changing his permanent gym with the temporary one through normal application procedures. If the gym com aproves of it, the permanent gym becomes temporary and vice-versa
4) Vacant Gyms will be handed out or taken over by the Gym Committee to whoever they deem able to hold them minimally reliably.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
deadfox081 smashlloyd20

Thoughts on the above so we can honestly just get this pushed out within some reasonable time span? We might need to add additional provisions, such as the fact that the temporary gym leader doesn't get the badge for that gym, or things like that, but I think that suggestion is very healthy and should be moved along.

Yeah let's move forward with this. I like the model Frosty proposed, and I strongly agree temp gym leaders shouldn't get the badge. If nobody has any objections I (or if someone else on the committee wants to do it) will probably set up a thread before the end of the week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)