Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I was EV Training a Corviknight today with Pokerus and a Power Item. Based on my math, defeating a Pokemon that yields 2 EVs would total to 12 EVs (2 plus 4 from the Power Item plus 6 from Pokerus). However when I was checking Corviknight's stats, I was earning 20 EVs per battle. Where did the extra 8 EVs come from?
( [2 from mon] + [8 from Power Item] ) * [2 from Pokerus] = 20. Power items grant 8 instead of 4 EVs as of Gen 7.

Figured this was okay to post here, seeing as how the Gen 4 Frontier thread has been inactive for a long time. I’m looking to get a 5-star trainer card, and I’m at 3/5 right now. The 100 win streak at the Battle Tower is killing me, haha. So, what is the simplest/fastest strategy to get to that? I’m not looking for a streak beyond that, and I don’t have the right Pokemon at the present for a Trick lead team. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Figured this was okay to post here, seeing as how the Gen 4 Frontier thread has been inactive for a long time. I’m looking to get a 5-star trainer card, and I’m at 3/5 right now. The 100 win streak at the Battle Tower is killing me, haha. So, what is the simplest/fastest strategy to get to that? I’m not looking for a streak beyond that, and I don’t have the right Pokemon at the present for a Trick lead team. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!
I did mine by copying a team from here, with Starmie/Tyranitar/Garchomp. I could give you a pastebin with the movesets and other stuff related to 5 stars, since I did a bunch of it on stream, along with 5 frontier symbols (which is much harder).

I did mine by copying a team from here, with Starmie/Tyranitar/Garchomp. I could give you a pastebin with the movesets and other stuff related to 5 stars, since I did a bunch of it on stream, along with 5 frontier symbols (which is much harder).
That would be awesome, thanks for the reply!

Can a Pokemon who learned an egg move by placing it in the daycare with another member of its species, re-learn that egg move from the Move Relearner?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Just to clarify based on your response: I'm not talking about Pokemon that hatched with the moves, just Pokemon who had the egg move transferred to them from the other parent. I'm guessing you knew what I meant by this, though?
Right. In both cases they are considered "egg moves" (despite no eggs actually being involved) so they're re-learnable all the same.

edit: Wrong, thanks doipy hooves

Last edited:
How do you pass Pokérus onto another Pokémon? Like, I know you have to have the Pokémon with Pokérus next to the others on your party; but how long does it take? I've been cycling around for ages and it's just not happening

How do you pass Pokérus onto another Pokémon? Like, I know you have to have the Pokémon with Pokérus next to the others on your party; but how long does it take? I've been cycling around for ages and it's just not happening
The "passing" is done after battle not by walking

What do I have to do in that battle? Because I've done a few now and it's not passing.
Just battle with the infected mon in your party until it gets passed on. It can take a while.
Yeh it's just a % chance to pass during battle.

Note that it can be passed only when the virus is still active, and if the mechanic of the pokerus didn't change in gen 8 and you didn't make sure to bank the infected pokemon before each midnight, it might have gone passive and no longer be able to infect other pokemon

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do I have to do in that battle? Because I've done a few now and it's not passing.
Those are gen 7 mechanics but I don't think it changed:
After each battle (even if you just run away), the Pokérus might be passed to a Pokémon that is just before or just after the infected Pokémon. If the Pokémon has already been infected once and has been cured, it won't ever be infected again. It also means that if your lead Pokémon is infected while your second Pokémon is cured, the virus will not be able to spread.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Just to clarify based on your response: I'm not talking about Pokemon that hatched with the moves, just Pokemon who had the egg move transferred to them from the other parent. I'm guessing you knew what I meant by this, though?
I was referring to both hatched and transferred, but looks like doipy hooves has proven me wrong (thanks!). It would appear that only egg moves that were hatched with are relearnable. Egg moves that are learned via transferring or sparkling/glowing/whatever that's called mons in the wild (i.e. no eggs involved) are not relearnable when manually deleted and subsequently tried to relearn (I just tested the latter).

If both Pokémon in the daycare hold an everstone, is it a 50/50 chance which nature gets passed down? Trying to work out if it's possible to, for instance, breed different natures than Timid onto a Kantonian Meowth in SwSh right now.

I was referring to both hatched and transferred, but looks like doipy hooves has proven me wrong (thanks!). It would appear that only egg moves that were hatched with are relearnable. Egg moves that are learned via transferring or sparkling/glowing/whatever that's called mons in the wild (i.e. no eggs involved) are not relearnable when manually deleted and subsequently tried to relearn (I just tested the latter).
Hmm, do we know if previous gen mons can relearn their egg moves? Ofc they hatched with them since they're previous gen. I dont own the actual games yet, so if transferring from USUM isn't possible yet my apologies

Hmm, do we know if previous gen mons can relearn their egg moves? Ofc they hatched with them since they're previous gen. I dont own the actual games yet, so if transferring from USUM isn't possible yet my apologies
Transferring isn't possible yet; and we unfortunately don't know exactly when it will be -- we've only really been given "early 2020". I suspect early January, but you never know.

Could probably find out through datamining though.

Unless data-format has changed (highly unlikely as it's been more or less constant between the gens with only additions and only very occasional removals), nothing should have changed.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
If both Pokémon in the daycare hold an everstone, is it a 50/50 chance which nature gets passed down? Trying to work out if it's possible to, for instance, breed different natures than Timid onto a Kantonian Meowth in SwSh right now.
Tested it with a few different parents and I got about 50/50 (which would be consistent with Gen 7 and at the very least confirms it's possible to get either Nature). Not incredibly scientific about it and a low sample size, but it answers your latter question :P If you're breeding different formes of Meowth together keep in mind it takes the regional forme of the female if both parents have an Everstone.

I've heard that not all Pokemon move and behave the same way in the Wild Area. Is there somewhere that lists each Pokemon's behavior?

What size are the Gourgeist in Max Raid Battles? Can they be any size, or is there one particular one they're set to?

Certainly a weird one to ask when Dynamax is involved...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)