Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

In Pokemon Diamond. If I let Dialga defeat me, will I be able to SR or RNG for a shiny when I go back to him or will his stats be already set from my previous encounter?

In Pokemon Diamond. If I let Dialga defeat me, will I be able to SR or RNG for a shiny when I go back to him or will his stats be already set from my previous encounter?
Dialga will be different each time you encounter it. However, its capture rate is 30 up until OR/AS, and you're not forced to fight it immediately after Cyrus, (i.e. you can save before going up to it) so you could just skip the part about letting it beat you and attempt to SR/RNG for a shiny with the "first" encounter.

Dialga will be different each time you encounter it. However, its capture rate is 30 up until OR/AS, and you're not forced to fight it immediately after Cyrus, (i.e. you can save before going up to it) so you could just skip the part about letting it beat you and attempt to SR/RNG for a shiny with the "first" encounter.
I was stuck in the part of the game where you cannot flee until you encounter Dialga and I wasn't prepared to RNG at that moment. I totally forgot about the situation since it has been a very long time since I played Gen 4.

I was stuck in the part of the game where you cannot flee until you encounter Dialga and I wasn't prepared to RNG at that moment. I totally forgot about the situation since it has been a very long time since I played Gen 4.
To be perfectly honest, I was going to say something about potentially being able to leave Spear Pillar and return with a team built to check Dialga, but I couldn't remember if you could even do that and Mt. Coronet is such a pain in the ass to navigate I opted not to bother. I can't even recall if any of the legendary Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl respawn after beating the E4 if defeated or if that was introduced in HG/SS and Platinum.

Old gen question. Does anyone have a list of good phone numbers to get in Gen II? I know about the ones that lead to swarms but what about good ones for grinding? (I'm planning on raising a Dratini)

To be perfectly honest, I was going to say something about potentially being able to leave Spear Pillar and return with a team built to check Dialga, but I couldn't remember if you could even do that and Mt. Coronet is such a pain in the ass to navigate I opted not to bother. I can't even recall if any of the legendary Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl respawn after beating the E4 if defeated or if that was introduced in HG/SS and Platinum.
Yeah they don't re-spawn in DP.

If a male Pokemon has a hidden ability and a female Pokemon of a different species doesn't, is it possible the offspring would have hidden abilities if the two breed? I feel like it wouldn't work, but I just want to make sure.

If a male Pokemon has a hidden ability and a female Pokemon of a different species doesn't, is it possible the offspring would have hidden abilities if the two breed? I feel like it wouldn't work, but I just want to make sure.
Unfortunately not. The female must be HA as it's the one that passes the species and ability first.

The option for male to pass HA is only when the other parent is of same species or Ditto.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The option for male to pass HA is only when the other parent is of same species or Ditto.
*Only when the other parent is a ditto. Male HA+Female non-HA can never make offspring with HA. I think you may be confusing it with ball inheritance

*Only when the other parent is a ditto. Male HA+Female non-HA can never make offspring with HA. I think you may be confusing it with ball inheritance
In gen 7 male can pass HA i though even on same species breeding I thought, but I will take note of that I guess. I suppose I could be confusing with balls

So. Let's say I'm finally getting around to hunting legendaries in wormholes. If I go in looking for, say, Uxie and instead run into Azelf or whatever, can I run/leave the wormhole and encounter Azelf when I'm ready with a syncher, or do I need to bring synchers for whatever I may find there?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
So. Let's say I'm finally getting around to hunting legendaries in wormholes. If I go in looking for, say, Uxie and instead run into Azelf or whatever, can I run/leave the wormhole and encounter Azelf when I'm ready with a syncher, or do I need to bring synchers for whatever I may find there?
It's usually a good idea to bring more than one synch, but it's easy to run into a legendary that doesn't fit any of your synchs. In which case you can either trade for a fitting synch or leave the wormhole to try for another legendary.

The legendary encountered in each wormhole is randomly chosen (out of what can be found in said wormhole) each time you enter. If you go in looking for Uxie and instead run into Azelf and choose to leave without catching, you could just as easily encounter Mesprit or Kyurem (if you have Reshiram and Zekrom in your party) or Suicune. (if you have Raikou and Entei in your party) You could also very easily end up entering a different color wormhole with an entirely different list of legendary Pokemon to encounter. However, they'll all keep reappearing until they're caught, while Ultra Beasts will simply keep appearing regardless of how many times you've caught them. (have to leave the wormhole and return to Alola first, obviously) Carrying multiple Sync Pokemon can help, especially if you take the Natures that several legendary Pokemon can appreciate having, though that's less of an option for the ones who require two other specific legendary Pokemon to have a chance of appearing, such as the aforementioned Kyurem and Suicune.

though that's less of an option for the ones who require two other specific legendary Pokemon to have a chance of appearing, such as the aforementioned Kyurem and Suicune.
For that matter... if you fill the requirements for legendaries such as Kyurem or Suicune to appear, are they guaranteed to appear in their Ultra Spaces if you are encountering a legendary? Or you can still get something else?

For that matter... if you fill the requirements for legendaries such as Kyurem or Suicune to appear, are they guaranteed to appear in their Ultra Spaces if you are encountering a legendary? Or you can still get something else?
They just get "added" to the list of leges that can appear in the wormhole, no guaranteed (that is, unless they're the only lege of that wormhole you haven't caught yet :) )

I desperately need an advice. As I posted in shiny thread, I managed to catch shiny Chansey in Safari Zone (Heart Gold). She has Careful nature. I decided to "spice things up" by getting her all the available ribbons. Part of it are of course Contest Ribbons from Shinnoh. And here lies crux of the matter: I suck, and I mean really, really sucks, at baking Poffins. My highest is lvl 28 :-/. When baking, I try to get it as close to the edge as possible (without overflowing, of course). I have the rare berries (Belue, Durin, Watmel...), but still can´t get good poffin. Is there any good guide (either written or video) to poffin baking? Or do you have any tips? I know I am screwed in contest without great stats, especially with her moveset (Defense Curl, Softboiled, Minimize and Flamethrower).
Oh, and I don´t have anybody to bake with :-( My sister has her own DS and is kind enought to let me borrow it when I need to transfer a pokemon, but she doesn´t play Pokemon games herself.

What natures are used most often in Pokemon sets? Additionally, what natures are least recommended? I'm just asking out of curiosity (and also to see what natures to avoid :P).

What natures are used most often in Pokemon sets? Additionally, what natures are least recommended? I'm just asking out of curiosity (and also to see what natures to avoid :P).
It depends what you want to do with your Pokemon. The best natures are different for different competitive battling formats and roles. Are you even asking about competitive battling?

Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, and Serious are all neutral natures, (meaning they don't boost any stat) while Gentle and Lax boost one defense stat while hindering the other. These seven natures should be avoided whenever possible. As for the most often used natures, it really depends on the Pokemon and what you want it to do.

One could say that in general, from storyline standpoing any nature that buffs offensive stat or speed while not hindering the important offensive stat or speed at same time is fine.
(Though honestly, storywise anything works usually).

Competitive scenarios, now that's a different story, and you're really going to want a check on the smogondex for that, but usually Jolly (+speed -spatk) and Timid (+speed -atk) are the most common natures you'll see on offensive Pokemon (occasionally Adamant or Modest on Pokemon that don't care for speed).

If a female with a hidden ability breeds with a male of a different species or Ditto, will the offspring always have the female's hidden ability?

Anyone know if there's been any work done on RNG abuse for the PtHGSS Battle Factory? I know Emerald was worked out because of Werster's run but haven't found anything on gen 4 yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)