Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Decided to play a bit of Explorers of Sky and i just got a Ditto from an egg (yes, an egg) received through Spinda Cafe. Is it a good mon to train, or is it too gimmicky?
First of all, who else would've killed for Ditto Eggs in the main games.

I never recruited a Ditto myself, but if Transform is the same for your team as with wild Pokemon, it only changes what Ditto looks like. It won't gain the moves of whoever it Transforms into and will be able to use Struggle after using Transform's 1 PP. Believe it or not, that's not as bad as it sounds. Struggle is really powerful in MD2, (Power 30 IIRC when most good moves like Flamethrower, Energy Ball, and Brick Break have Power 12-18) and you don't have to worry about PP, so Struggle makes it slightly tempting. Now that I think about it, I kind of want to see what a team of 4 Pokemon that can only use Struggle can do. I'd say try it in an easy dungeon for a test.

If Ditto does gain their moves, I think the Pokemon it transforms into is random enemy Pokemon that can be found on the floor and they have 4 random Level Up moves, (upto the Level they are, obviously) so Transform would be way too gimmicky even if it had more than 1 PP. A 4 Ditto Team might be fun with a bag full of Max Elixirs though.

TL;DR Either more gimmicky than in the main games or gimmicky for a different reason but strong because of Struggle after using its 1 PP move.

How do I get an Excadrill pre-Gen 8 with his Hidden ability?

Thanks in advance.
HA excadrill can be found in some Steel friend safaris in XY. Since it's also a regular encounter in some of the ORAS mirage spots, you can also get the HA with a high dexnav search level. It's unobtainable in gen 7 directly, and I don't know anything about dreamworld other than that the server is probably dead.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What exactly is a "banned deucer?"
This is in general across the forums, but a "banned deucer" is someone who is banned from the forums for whatever reason. Generally, if you end up with four infraction points (infractions are for breaking the rules) you are banned and cannot access the forums until at least one of the points wear off and your infraction point count drops below 4. During this ban period, a banned user will have a strikethrough across their username and the label "Banned Deucer".

Why the banned user label is called a banned "deucer" and not just "Banned" is beyond me.

Is it possible to get a Porygon egg in Explorers of Sky or recruit one throuh Spinda Cafe?
Or is it only recruitable in Deep Spacial Rift?

How does Sketch work in this game? Can i copy partner pokemon moves?
Will Smeargle keep the moves after i leave a Dungeon?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
yeah hi everyone it's me fusion flare, I know, I know, hold your applause

I need to find a thread. it showed the statistics of the top 10 pokemon used in every region (besides the starters, they got ranked themselves)

So characteristics indicate what the highest stat of a Pokemon's iv is like Alert to sounds guarantying 31 iv in Spe.
I caught a certain Pokemon that at the level I caught it should have 81 Spe, but it shows 78 despite the characteristic saying Alert to sounds.
Whom should I trust?

So characteristics indicate what the highest stat of a Pokemon's iv is like Alert to sounds guarantying 31 iv in Spe.
I caught a certain Pokemon that at the level I caught it should have 81 Spe, but it shows 78 despite the characteristic saying Alert to sounds.
Whom should I trust?
It looks like the characteristic isn't specific to 31, it appears in all values where IV modulo 5=1. So there's a decent chance you have a 26 speed IV.

I don't know if this is the right place, but do you guys think Mega Evolution will ever make a return?

For me the fact that Gamefreak still, well acknowledges it, shows that it's most likely not completely dead. It still appears in the Anime, and they did just make a tweet about Mega Rayquaza, for whatever reason. I feel like if it were gonna be gone forever they'd just kinda stop mentioning it. I'm not saying I think it'll return any time soon, but I still think it might come back at some point, but I could be wrong, of course

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I don't know if this is the right place, but do you guys think Mega Evolution will ever make a return?

For me the fact that Gamefreak still, well acknowledges it, shows that it's most likely not completely dead. It still appears in the Anime, and they did just make a tweet about Mega Rayquaza, for whatever reason. I feel like if it were gonna be gone forever they'd just kinda stop mentioning it. I'm not saying I think it'll return any time soon, but I still think it might come back at some point, but I could be wrong, of course
Eh, this thread isn't really for those type of questions as that's more of a discussion topic than a question where there's a definite answer.

To give the best answer: Yes. It will return here and there in both side material, merchandise, and core series games when they feel like throwing it in. But that's just it, it has to be when GF feels like it. And no one can predict that.

Eh, this thread isn't really for those type of questions as that's more of a discussion topic than a question where there's a definite answer.

To give the best answer: Yes. It will return here and there in both side material, merchandise, and core series games when they feel like throwing it in. But that's just it, it has to be when GF feels like it. And no one can predict that.
Where do you suggest I post questions like this in the future, if any?

I made a tier list ranking the starters and I wanna post it and start a fun thread of other people ranking starters or other Pokemon in tier lists cause they're fun, but I'm not sure if that's allowed, so I want to make sure that's fine before I post it

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I made a tier list ranking the starters and I wanna post it and start a fun thread of other people ranking starters or other Pokemon in tier lists cause they're fun, but I'm not sure if that's allowed, so I want to make sure that's fine before I post it
As long as it's more than just a list, like you give explanation why you placed the Starters where they are. Otherwise if it's only a list you could just put it in the Unpopular Opinion thread which probably would be the closest current themed thread.

As long as it's more than just a list, like you give explanation why you placed the Starters where they are. Otherwise if it's only a list you could just put it in the Unpopular Opinion thread which probably would be the closest current themed thread.
Yeah, I was planning to go more in depth with most picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)