Ability: Trace
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Snore
- Stored Power/Psyshock
- Calm Mind

This set takes advantage of how easy it is to wear down Steel Types. You need some kind of lures to get rid of Excadrills, Ferrothorn and Mzors.
Magnezone is an outstanding partner in combination with Rotom-W to handle Sand Rush Excadrill.

Keldeo is a great teammate to weaken Amoonguss because with Clear Smog, you cant sweep with Stored Power. The Psychock version does not need Keldeo as a teammate.
Stored Power is recommended if you pass Defboosts to it, otherwise Psychock is usually superior, unless you are afraid of Unaware Spdef Clefable.

This set alone destroys some stall teams. If you do not have a Phaser or fast Taunter, it can be GG very quickly.

Healing Wish support is also recommended just in case that Heatran packs Flash Cannon:

Some replays to show the Set in action (I use a fun team but regardless it is 1600+)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-404599671 rest snore mega gardevoir sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-404610243 snore sweep with healing wish!

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

This set is meant to take advantage of Volcanion's fantastic typing/ability, physical bulk, and high base power moves to become a persistent threat to the enemy. It is especially good at providing anti-Steel support for ally Fairy, Steel, and Dragon Pokemon. The STAB combination can break all relevant Steel Pokemon while often spreading burns to Waters and Dragons that resist. It can also be spore fodder vs Breloom and Amoonguss while still being useful.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-401164779 - Presents the resistance of Volcanion despite Sleep Talk resulting in Rest 3 times
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-401105354 - Featuring some hot fire from SubCoil Zygarde
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-404761517 - Featuring some lucky Sleep Talks

Last edited:

Ferrothorn @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus MISS Blast
- Recover
- Trick

Reuniclus is a fantastic Pokemon, you can reduce the attack on ITS rival, with the flame orb while Prevents problems of state, used to recover retrieve PS, psyshock Receives STAB and Blissey and Chansey Serves to. Focus Blast is for Tyranitar or other dark / rock. Heatran also. This bug is very versatile. I put Flame Orb, but with Toxic Orb + same set serves as an example. But I see this more determinant on the other.
My issues with this set is the lack of Leftovers, Calm Mind or Life Orb. Sure, you can likely get one of those items from the enemy. Because of Reuniclus' speed, you'll either be taking severe damage from something that doesn't want to be burned, or you'll have to rely on prediction. Mega Scizor is a relatively safe switch into Reuniclus for example, and you can't Trick it a burn. Also, there's already a very similar concept on Sigylyph that is more or less already a gimmick, only is uses Psycho Shift for the Burn status, and sets up Cosmic Power for Stored Power. Finally, with pure Bold investment, Reuniclus just won't be hitting super hard not without Calm Mind. Theoretically this seems too luck based to be a reliant set, but do you have Replays?

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Snore
- Stored Power/Psyshock
- Calm Mind

This set takes advantage of how easy it is to wear down Steel Types. You need some kind of lures to get rid of Excadrills, Ferrothorn and Mzors.
Magnezone is an outstanding partner in combination with Rotom-W to handle Sand Rush Excadrill.

Keldeo is a great teammate to weaken Amoonguss because with Clear Smog, you cant sweep with Stored Power. The Psychock version does not need Keldeo as a teammate.
Stored Power is recommended if you pass Defboosts to it, otherwise Psychock is usually superior, unless you are afraid of Unaware Spdef Clefable.

This set alone destroys some stall teams. If you do not have a Phaser or fast Taunter, it can be GG very quickly.

Healing Wish support is also recommended just in case that Heatran packs Flash Cannon:

Some replays to show the Set in action (I use a fun team but regardless it is 1600+)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-404599671 rest snore mega gardevoir sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-404610243 snore sweep with healing wish!
I remember this set posted somewhere ages ago, always thought it was pretty cool.

That thing is a monster when you pass a defense boost to it. With mag/Dugtrio support to get rid of its threats it's normally a free win if the other guy don't Roar/Taunt smartly. Even without defense boost, it can still sweep vs the right teams.

I am testing it with Roar calm mind cune as a backup sweeper and it is an interesting gimmick.

28-6 with a fresh account 77.3 gxe

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-404869922

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off/Ironhead
- Roost
- Taunt

I use this mew spread to check the like of mega diancie,mega medi, mega lop and life orb kyurem-b. It can also still do its job with wall breaking slow fat mons and wisp other huge physical threats.
Iron Head for fairy types/flinch
Not to mention a low chance of getting killed by 2 lo latios draco without rocks.

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 92+ SpD Mew: 165-196 (40.8 - 48.5%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Mew: 169-200 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- 24.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Mew: 154-182 (38.1 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

224 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 92+ SpD Mew: 148-175 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Mew: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- 16.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

(Pup lopunny)
+1 252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Mew: 226-267 (55.9 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

In conclusion a very nice glue mon for balanced teams

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaroda

I have not stopped playing long ago ... I do not have overused replays. But I agree with you. You have to be a teacher and predict good to do something with the strategy. There is plenty to do not care to enter and receive Trick and others who are immune, either by type or skill. However, it is also true that what is asked / searches here are creative / viable sets. Mine think it meets note although in Reuniclus is the least promising future have.

PS: I've noticed that your date comes off as "Ferrothorn" lol. Then I have edited. It was simply to copy the template of this and I missed.

Jaroda

I have not stopped playing long ago ... I do not have overused replays. But I agree with you. You have to be a teacher and predict good to do something with the strategy. There is plenty to do not care to enter and receive Trick and others who are immune, either by type or skill. However, it is also true that what is asked / searches here are creative / viable sets. Mine think it meets note although in Reuniclus is the least promising future have.

PS: I've noticed that your date comes off as "Ferrothorn" lol. Then I have edited. It was simply to copy the template of this and I missed.
But that's my point, a creative and viable set implies something that another month couldn't do much better (I'd argue Sigylyph would), or that it's worth using over other sets. In the case for this set, I can't help but see it as a downgrade in Reuniclus's performance. I'd argue a Rotom-H would be a better Trick user, particularly of Flame Orb.but even that isn't a great set when it has Will only Wisp

Magnezone @

Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Magnezone can be difficult to fit in with this release, few expect it. Charge Beam Zone is interesting within the range of sets that can be done with. Sub is the main movement of the strategy, it is protected for inentar further increase its special attack. It has a skill that is useful to catch Heatran and finish it. If you stallbreaker is 6% more or less than weakened and 12% offensive set Heatran without Air Balloom, obviously. All this is true that without increasing SpA. Flash Cannon is the missing second stab to clean fairies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Magnezone @

Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Magnezone can be difficult to fit in with this release, few expect it. Charge Beam Zone is interesting within the range of sets that can be done with. Sub is the main movement of the strategy, it is protected for inentar further increase its special attack. It has a skill that is useful to catch Heatran and finish it. If you stallbreaker is 6% more or less than weakened and 12% offensive set Heatran without Air Balloom, obviously. All this is true that without increasing SpA. Flash Cannon is the missing second stab to clean fairies.
I've used Sub+Charge Beam Magnezone before both in gen 5 and gen 6 and this set misses the entire purpose of Sub Magnezone. You don't use it to trap Heatran; Occa+Mirror Coat is much better suited to this because it can come in on a VoltTurn, a faint or as it uses Toxic/SR/Taunt etc., take a hit and consistently OHKO with Mirror Coat regardless of SpA investment and unlike HP Ground Zone it doesn't sacrifice the ability to eliminate bulky Mega Scizor and a few other things. This set, on the other hand, is reliant on Heatran switching into Magnezone or and you already having a Substitute up in order to take it out, because SpD Heatran is basically nonexistent nowadays (meaning you aren't ever outpacing it) and even if by some miracle you get paired against a SpD Heatran you can't consistently set up a Sub on it because it just keeps clicking Lava Plume and breaking your Subs while almost OHKOing if you attack and taking a little over 50% from HP Ground.

That said, Sub+Charge Beam isn't a particularly bad set. If you replace HP Ground with HP Fire, you are able to come in on Ferrothorn, sub up and use it to get up to +6, because it's Power Whips take 2 turns to break your Substitutes (meaning that you can get to +6, ensure you're behind a Sub and proceed to OHKO with HP Fire while only taking a net of 1/8 each time you sub until Ferro uses up all 8 Power Whips). It is able to guarantee 2 KOs versus any team with a non-Shed Shell Ferrothorn, and it still has the utility of standard SubZone. I'd also say that Thunderbolt is probably worth slashing with Flash Cannon because it means you can more consistently trap Skarmory without it Whirlwinding and being healthy enough to Roost back up on something (252+ SpA Magnezone Charge Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 164-194 (49.1 - 58%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery; 252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 290-344 (86.8 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock) as well as to provide a more consistent alternative to Charge Beam when not abusing Ferro, making it less reliant on the boosts to do it's job. I'd also run a slightly bulkier spread if 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe with such a set because it allows Magnezone to take hits better from full to maybe increase it's KO count by allowing it to take hits a little better to circumvent it's low speed stat. The other thing that Sub Magnezone achieves is the ability to consistently take adantage of opposing Magnezone which are locked into Flash Cannon, as it can achieve the same thing that it can vs. Ferrothorn due to Flash Cannon not breaking its Substitutes. Be aware that you can't abuse it if it's Specs locked into Thunderbolt though because it deals a little under 50% to you, so if you trap it when it's TBolt locked just go straight for the HP Fire to 2HKO it back, and your Subs won't take a hit from Scarf TBolt either (25.5% minimum).

Last edited:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

This set combines sweeping potential and utility in 1 set, similar to the SD Wisp Talonflameset.

Most offensive teams only use defensive Lando-T as their check to DD Zard X. After burning their only check, this set sweeps through teams. Flare Blitz is the chosen Stab because of its natural high Basepower and Heatran is less common than Fairy types. Also the mons you hit harder with Dragon Claw can be set up on or die to +1 Flareblitz anyway.

This Zard X is also set ups on most electric types because of the typing advantage and bulk investment.

Important partners to this set include a hard stop to Mega Diancie because +1 Flareblitz does 60-70% damage. (Like Spdef Excadrill)
You need a super reliable way to get rid of Hazards. In my team I used Defog Latias and Spdef Excadril as my Spinner and Stealth Rock user.

At the defensive aspect this Zard X also reliably walls huge threats like Mega Scizor, Weavile, Bisharp and can attempt to either burn or to setup on them.
Offensive partners that are weak to these mons and can use this Zard X as defensive backbone are naturally good partners.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-407386552 I succesfully burn a physically defensive Swampert and get weakened in the process. Healing Wish allowed another sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-407389469 My lack of knowledge of how Prankster works after Mega Evolution stopped my sweep because I was scared of Destiny Bond. Zard X still put a lot of work even when misplayed ;)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-407997263 I burned the Lando-T and received a nice Intimidate spam in my face. Also I successfully prevent the opposing Bisharp from sweeping me. Even with Hax against me, I was able to pull through thanks to the Matchup.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-407999645 This replays shows that having a secondary way of getting rid of Hazards is very useful, especially if you are weak to it. Zard X was able to clean up lategame.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Focus Punch
- Foul Play

So i was doing some boring shit this morning, and was randomly thinking about the team somebody named wally oklm was using for OLT. I was thinking bout how weak to weavile he was and some other random shit, and realized he actually checked it with mega meta(which is probably BP to be fair), and then came up with the thought "doesn't foul play kill that"(knock doesn't, so meta can be used as an emergency check of sorts). And well i calc'd it and stuff and...
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Metagross: 307-367 (101.9 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So i started doing some random calcs and well, turns out this set has a good chance to 2KO every scizor that isn't impish/heavily defensive.
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Foul Play vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Mega Scizor: 160-188 (46.6 - 54.8%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO
This is without counting rocks on the field, which makes it a guarantee 2KO. Also regular scizor takes more so if it switches in unmegad it's taking a p heavy hit.
In my opinion the best scizor set at the moment is faster than rotom-w, so basically theres no way it's not gonna get blown away by a foul play. But in any case it should do a p good ammount(and offensive takes like 70, lol.), which at least on paper sounds huge. Like just think about it, Weavile's one of the hardest pokés to have a good counter to, with Keldeo and Msciz being the 2 most common/reliable ones that actually do something(aka not including poliwrath, altho the mon has its use on stall). Now we could go on all day with this, and you could tell me "lol even if it's able to 2KO, it's just gonna use bullet punch". But just being able to force it to bullet is already so amazing by itself, because you force a 5050 with sciz being able to either roost predicting a switch or bullet expecting another foul play. There's also ways of getting scizor even more pressure, with Pokémon such as Helmet Chomper and Magnezone, that also will probably make it not want to bullet punch, but yeah.
I'm mostly doing the post for foul play itself, but focus punch also sounds fucking awesome(got the idea from cbb/shake while i was posting random ass foul play weav calcs and going apeshit about it):
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Focus Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 218-257 (67.4 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 105-125 (32.5 - 38.6%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO
Pretty much a guaranteed kill on Keld if u predict correctly. Oh and this should deal with the couple of ppl who try to use rocks nape as the check too(unless they actually run max def max hp lol)

So basically, this weavile doesn't have any common Pokémon that 100% checks it outside of like max def Bold Clef(which is a good set but yeah). Now i'm not saying this is the best set or anything(mainly because i have barely even tested it myself), but it sounds so good on paper that i jus had to post it somewhere rofl. Probably not as good as it sounds on paper but something to try out.

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Foul Play vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Mega Scizor: 160-188 (46.6 - 54.8%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO
You forgot the positive defensive nature. (You said it in the beginning if Zor isnt Impish, I just saw the calc and made this post. Ignore this if you want)

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Foul Play vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 133-156 (38.7 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Sadly because of the lack of power, you will not pressure Uturn Scizor because he will just Roost and avoid the 2hko easily. Even if you Foul Play on the switch after rocks, Scizor can roost safely:
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Foul Play vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 133-156 (38.7 - 45.4%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

At least offensive Mzor is getting rect
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Scizor: 185-218 (65.8 - 77.5%)

I wonder if it is worth using Foul Play just for offensive Mzor?

Last edited:
Let me introduce you to the real lure latios :

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Surf
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Fire]

The aim of this set is to remove it's own counters (Namely Ttar, Chansey, Skarm and Clef) and then obliterate everything left with a Specs Draco

*First, in every game i playtested it has succesfully lured opposing TTars, LO is enough to 2hko Band Tar if you want to run roost over Tbolt to be able to reliably check Keldeo, Specs have the added advantage to even 2HKO support Ttar and leave you untouched :

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Hidden Power Fighting vs. 248 HP / 180 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 224-264 (55.5 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I think Specs also help in the sense that if your gonna run 4 attacks, LO will put you in some unfavorable situations due to it's recoil. Especially since Latios, even lacking roost, can be used as a check to Keldeo wich often put it at around 40% quite early in the match, being basically on a timer due to LO would quite suck

*But the number one reason to run specs is definetely Chansey :

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 261-307 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Because of it's lack of recovery it's super easy to put chansey in the range of a guaranteed 2HKO, even the weakest volt switch will do the job if you have rocks up

Clef is a quite similar case if it runs a regular calm mind set :

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 205-243 (52 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Max defense Clef is a bit trickier :

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 172-204 (43.6 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Knock off support and volt switch support are probably your best tools to put Clef in range there (On my team, Knock Off Mamo and Toxic Zapdos fill this role)

Pairing Latios with a Kyu-B to form a dragon spam core might also be an idea since LO KyuB beat full physDef Clef

*Tbolt is mainly here to lure skarm wich would otherwise completely wall you but also provides a nice neutral hit in late game situations where clicking other attacks would be a 50/50 between killing the mon you are trying to revenge and 2HKOing a potential switch in

Useless calc : 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 266-314 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It's also your best move to hit steel types, it actually almost always 2HKOs MMetagross if your opponent bring it non evolved on the first Tbolt, wich is quite importent considering Metagros-M can be used as a pursuit trapper :

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 161-190 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 136-160 (45.1 - 53.1%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 175-207 (51 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Surf can be used instead of Tbolt, with rocks up it's still quite easy to 2HKO Skarm :

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 144-169 (43.1 - 50.5%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Surf 2HKOes SpDef Exca and SpDef Heatran, HP fight is already a 2HKO on offensive tran tho

The choice really depend on what move bring the most favorable middle plays to your taste : Tbolt is nice because it RK Keld while threatening a whole range of potential switch ins like TornT and Azu adn still hits those steel types
Surf tho allows you to 2HKO most Ttars thanks to specs

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 196-232 (53.5 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It also allows you to run HP Fire But this would leave an opening for the TTar+Volcanion Combo (Ttar soak one surf then it's a 50/50 between pursuiting or bringing Volcanion to wallbreak) HP Fight also prevent Bisharp at 100% to come in for 50/50 between Pursuit or Sucker Punch

So it really depend on your Team Comp i think ;) I usually preffer to run Tbolt because i often carry very hard ground type counters on my teams (Zapdos/Skarm) and quite meh water checks (Specs Latios ^^) but that's a team building preference ;)

(Will edit with replays)

pizzq

Banned deucer.
s/o 3d he helped me write this up

hi this is specs tangrowth

Tangrowth @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
- Ancient Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb/HP Fire/Knock Off

i believe specs tangrowth is a set in lower tiers
im running 168 to creep azu and everything below it
the set has trouble switching into common things tang checks like keldeo, mega lopunny etc. (it takes 50 from scald) so dont expect this to have use defensively

however despite this disadvantage it can make up for it in its surprisingly good offensive presence
leaf literally ohkos landot
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 370-436 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
it was also brought to my attention that since tang loses shit tons of bulk running this set that giga drain could be desirable for more hp at the cost of a move thats basically half as strong so thats why its a slash

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 348-412 (96.9 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
ancient power is pretty self explanatory to lure in and ohko spdef tflame which is a common switchin
luring stuff like this with the surprise ohko is the main selling point of this set

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 362-428 (112 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
next is focus blast which is used to ohko fast tran which im pretty sure is all the rage rn
sure u can run eq but im pretty sure most tang run like sleeppowder, giga, knock, hp fire...correct me if im wrong

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 292-344 (82.9 - 97.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
u also kill ferro which is cute
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 289-341 (110.7 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
u wall breloom so this is cute

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 209-247 (69.4 - 82%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
pizza:
do people use max speed volcanion
+Soul Gem~☆:oh yes pizza
this is kinda silly bc leaf storm ohkos but damn look at the POWER
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 260-308 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 133-157 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 157-185 (52.5 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

sludge bomb can be used to kill clef without the spa drop and chance to miss
it also dents lati
it also dents tornt if u dont wanna lock urself into ancient power
it can also be used to 2hko the awful AV tang set

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Amoonguss: 182-216 (42.1 - 50%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 316-376 (92.1 - 109.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 184-218 (50.5 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

next is hp fire to 2hko this weird +spdef Amoonguss calc set
u ohko scizor which is cool
u also dent mega hera who think they can switch in for a free kill
u also kill ferro if u wanna be lame and not use fblast

last knock off is a slash if u realllllllllllllly hate chansey

Teremiare UNBLACKLIST 3D

edit: AND ME LOL

Last edited:
That specially defensive Excadrill is really nice... it is a solid counter/check to some fearsome threats such as Latwins, Gengar, Magnezone, Raikou, Manectric Mega, Stallbreaker Thundurus, Tornadus-T Without Superpower (It fears also a lot Focus Blast), Offensive Mega Venusaur
Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
With 40 EVs in speed it outspeeds almost every non-scarfed Rotom
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 112-133 (31 - 36.8%) -- 60.3% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 142-168 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 79-93 (21.8 - 25.7%) -- 2.1% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 132-156 (36.5 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 148-177 (40.9 - 49%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 90-108 (24.9 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
It is not 2HKOed by Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice + Focus Blast

serperior @assault vest
ability:contrary
EV's:252 speed, 128 spatt, 128 hp.
timid nature
IV's: hp ground iv's
-leaf storm
-giga drain
-dragon pulse
-hidden power ground

serperior is suprisingly very bulky, sporting 95 base in both defenses. with an assualt vest, serperior takes special hits extremely well without investment. this set also can beat the lati's, while taking draco's and firing back with most likely boosted dragon pulses. but the real catch of this set is hidden power ground. this kills even spdef tran(after plus 2). The opponent switches in their tran as you leaf storm and get plus 2. then, you proceed to knock out the tran with hp ground. even if this is scarf tran, serperior can most likely take a hit. i never thought a serperior would be my dedicated tran counter on a team.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

serperior @assault vest
ability:contrary
EV's:252 speed, 128 spatt, 128 hp.
timid nature
IV's: hp ground iv's
-leaf storm
-giga drain
-dragon pulse
-hidden power ground

serperior is suprisingly very bulky, sporting 95 base in both defenses. with an assualt vest, serperior takes special hits extremely well without investment. this set also can beat the lati's, while taking draco's and firing back with most likely boosted dragon pulses. but the real catch of this set is hidden power ground. this kills even spdef tran(after plus 2). The opponent switches in their tran as you leaf storm and get plus 2. then, you proceed to knock out the tran with hp ground. even if this is scarf tran, serperior can most likely take a hit. i never thought a serperior would be my dedicated tran counter on a team.
slapping av on everything doesnt exactly make it a good set. if your dedicated tran counter is a grass type then there is seriously something wrong with your team. in any case, the only time i saw av serp put in work was on that whitequeen stall team that used it as a form of counterteam. what does your ev spread do anyway? idw to sound like a jackass, but i dont think av serp will work. a defensive grass type would be something like tang but since this is underrated set i wouldn't dismiss this but do you have any replays that i can see? :O i'm just honestly rly curious.

That specially defensive Excadrill is really nice... it is a solid counter/check to some fearsome threats such as Latwins, Gengar, Magnezone, Raikou, Manectric Mega, Stallbreaker Thundurus, Tornadus-T Without Superpower (It fears also a lot Focus Blast), Offensive Mega Venusaur
Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
With 40 EVs in speed it outspeeds almost every non-scarfed Rotom
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 112-133 (31 - 36.8%) -- 60.3% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 142-168 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 79-93 (21.8 - 25.7%) -- 2.1% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 132-156 (36.5 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 148-177 (40.9 - 49%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 90-108 (24.9 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
It is not 2HKOed by Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice + Focus Blast
Lefties is much better because you use Excadrill to take weak hits. Also why no HP investment? Also with AV you cannot use utility moves like Toxic which is much better than Rock Slide on a defensive set.

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
slapping av on everything doesnt exactly make it a good set. if your dedicated tran counter is a grass type then there is seriously something wrong with your team. in any case, the only time i saw av serp put in work was on that whitequeen stall team that used it as a form of counterteam. what does your ev spread do anyway? idw to sound like a jackass, but i dont think av serp will work. a defensive grass type would be something like tang but since this is underrated set i wouldn't dismiss this but do you have any replays that i can see? :O i'm just honestly rly curious.
AV Serp has worked for me before, but I feel it is a pretty team specific set. The big thing that sets av serp apart from other sets is giga drain and also having dpulse (which a lot of serps are dropping atm). These moves gel very well on AV as the extra bulk can be really useful against special attackers like zam or waters like mana and mie. I think HP Fire and max satk/speed is best, but hidden power can be team specific. This serp set really struggles with torn so you should have something that can handle it pretty well.

zbr serperior is not my counter to tran on the team, rather something that deals with it by surprise. this team has lando t and starmie, so it deals with tran anyways. and FlamingVictini , i dont have any replays but i could show you the team and then you might could concluder something? also lov ur channel m8.

------
------
--------------------------

Blissey @ Chople Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 180 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic / Wish / Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy / Wish

I've used this set once in a team where Steel types (Specially Scizor and Ferrothorn) were a threat. The set is self-explainable, Steel types come in --> Flamethrower GG. Thanks to the 180 SpA investment i can guarantee a 1HKO on Choice Band Scizor. Chople Berry will guarantee me to survive a Super Power from Scizor. You can try a Fire blast version, giving you more investment on Bulk, But if you're like me and you don't like missing, use the Flamethrower version for more safety.

Extra Stuff:
------
------
--------------------------

Blissey @ Chople Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

180 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 304-360 (88.6 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chople Berry Blissey: 391-460 (54.7 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

180 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 196-232 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

180 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 114-136 (34.1 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

180 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 212-252 (61.8 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

This is very simple change. It's all about outspeeding clef and putting this monster to bed. You are obviously less tanky but still good enough to tank excadrills, lopunny and others.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Another set so simple that there is not much to talk about. Ice punch deals nice 80 to amoonguss and nice 50 to tangrowth. You exchange ability to deal with ferrothor for ability to deal with those mons which is kinda good choice if you have something like magnezone.

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
slowbro-mega.gif

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Skill Swap
- Slack Off

So basically this set came to fruition when I was bored one night and was looking for ways to make Mega Slowbro shine again as a CMer. The main thing holding him back vs other CMers like Clefable, Reuniclus, and even Slowking is they have these amazing abilities while MBro is styling the dumbest ability ever a perfectly fine ability, Shell Armor. This set completely flips the dynamic on them.

This set lets you take Magic Guard from Clef and Reuiniclus, which is why a good partner for this set is Taunt+Toxic Tran. Slowbro can also hugely benefit from stealing Unaware from Clefable and Quag as well, and can benefit from other pokemon's abilities such as

Magic Bounce from MSab/MDiancie, although it doesnt need it from MDiancie that much as it needs to cm to stay alive vs SpA variants

It can take Water Absorb/Storm Drain from Volcanion Seismitoad and Curse Gastrodon allowing him to beat all 3

On a defensive standpoint rather than the sake for setting up, although you shouldn't be setting up if these mons are in play, you can take Regenerator from Amoon, Tang and Mola, as well as Natural Cure against Chansey if it gets status

It can take Gliscor's Toxic Heal in a situation where Bro is poisoned at which point MBro becomes that much bulkier

Skill Swap also helps MBro wall physical threats that benefit from abilites like MCham, MGross and Azu even harder

MMedicham
252+ Atk Mega Medicham Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 232+ Def Mega Slowbro: 72-86 (18.3 - 21.8%) -- possible 5HKO

Azumarill
252+ Atk Choice Band Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 / 232+ Def Mega Slowbro: 64-76 (16.2% - 19.3%) - - possible 6HKO

+6 252+ Atk Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 232+ Def Mega Slowbro: 169-201 (43 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO (not in anyway reliable but i thought it was fun to include because that's pretty impressive)

Mega Metagross
252 Atk Mega Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Mega Slowbro: 86-102 (21.8 - 25.8%) -- 1.6% chance to 4HKO (GK still 2hkos sadly)

Lately MSlowbro has fallen to being a sub-par CM user that doesn't have anything especially great about him, but this set can definitely give you a reason to use MBro over other CM users

Last edited:

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
Ok, this set has been used before and it's nothing new, but it's criminally underrated because of how much work it puts in vs stall.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 120 SpD / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave / Gyro Ball
- Power Whip / Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Rest Ferrothorn is a simple change for Ferrothorn, swapping out Leech Seed for this move. Rest Ferrothorn is quite Good vs stall, as it pp stalls Mega Sableye, eventually setting up Stealth Rock. It also walls chansey, unaware clefable, and skarmory but it's main niche is being the same old reliable ferrothorn while also getting rocks vs stall. The spread is for twave, specifically for Rocky Helmet twave, as this lets it beat gross if it comes in a on mash, since it eats the subsequent hammer arm and twaves, rests up and takes a second hammer arm, and dies to the third, bringing gross down with it from full. This also lets it creep latis and gengar after a twave.

M-Slowbro already beats Metagross, Azumarill, and M-Medicham most of the time. Skill Swap is cool but without Psyshock you would still lose to Calm Mind Clefable (especially since you can't crit it). It's a waste of a turn against Diance. And taking Unware from Clef is pretty awesome but Quagsire usually has Toxic anyway.

I think Shell Armor is a fantastic ability for a set up mon like Slowbro, because it is so hard to 2HKO, at least one that you don't want to give up by losing Psyshock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)