ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad, I was kinda hoping for a bit more with the PokeNav (maybe something similar to what you had in DPPt that was basically like 400 things in one gadget), but I think this is good enough.

My only issue is that it isn't particularly stand-out, but maybe I was just expecting a bit too much. u_u

I wish they had taken the opportunity to make Pidgeot's main body look less plump and bloated with the mega. I was hoping for a more sleek design. I'm also not a fan of the plumage on its head. It looks like an incomplete haircut. As of now, I prefer the overall long and sleek plumage pattern on the base Pidgeot design. Perhaps seeing it from a different angle will change my mind. I do have a soft spot for Pidgeot and I am glad that it got a mega. Plus I do like blue being added to its color scheme.

I kinda hope they find some way to make the MultiNavi as integral as possible. For no good reason, I want to see the device itself, but also have all the bottom-screen accessibility that the Poketch and C-Gear came with.

I'm a little curious about what all the DexNavi has to offer. So far, it sounds like it does what the dex does in the anime...Which could make finding/discovering Pokemon so much more fun.

I'm guessing the PlayNavi will carry all three functions of the touch screen from X/Y. (as in the PSS, Pokemon Amie, and Super Training) Super Training is so convenient for casual players, I really can't see it being dropped for OR/AS. And now I'm wondering what sort of benefits sneaking up on a Pokemon can provide. Hopefully something better than throwing a Pokeblock or a rock at a Pokemon in the Safari Zone would ever achieve...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pokemon Mega Evolution ~Act 2~ Special:
Nothing much to say here. The 2nd part of the Special will not only feature Mega Rayquaza but also Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. I wonder if that means the Special will take place in Hoenn? Would be a good way to advertise the game without needing to send Ash there or trying to have something from in ORAS be featured in Kalos for Ash & co. to participate in. Of course the Special looks like it was going to be used to tie in the Team Flare storyline to the main anime, so not to sure how they're going to do things.

MultiNavi:

I just noticed the new PokéNav is shaped like a GBA SP, just like the Pokédex is shaped like a regular GBA. p cool
Ooh, nice catch! That is pretty neat and a cute way of reminding older players of the game consoles that Gen III was played on. :)

But let's talk about what's important here, the new functions:

MapNavi: Not much to say, it'll operate like your map. It'll be especially useful to track any roamin Pokemon, which in the original Gen III was the catchable member of the Eon Duo. BUT with all the Legendaries that are being brought in, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of roaming to them that you'll need to use the map to track where they are. It would also be nice if they could also add in other features to the map like maybe if a route is haveing a Swarm, there's a weather condition going on a certain route, etc.. Sort of be like a PDA.
TVNavi: Hmm... maybe this will work like the Holo Caster? I suppose it could work like a TV you find in homes, but what good would that do for the player? In addition maybe they could also add in Match Call and the Teachy TV.
PlayNavi: Pokemon-Amie, Super Training, PSS, & GTS. I don't think there's anything else.
DexNavi: Now this is wear things become interesting. So as we saw in one of the trailers, sometimes a Pokemon may peak out of the grass and the player can sneak up onto it. Apparently this is due to this function. It helps you find Pokemon and you can either sneak up to them and battle OR register them in your Pokedex without needing to battle them. A very interesting function to include, and maybe meant to help fill out the Pokedex quicker if you have trouble catching a certain Pokemon. Could be helpful for speed runners, instead of wasting time catching a Pokemon so you can get a certain item from a scientist instead register them outside of battle. All the rewards in less of the time and work.

At least that's how I envision them working. I imagine soon everything will be translated to see what the basic deal is and we'll then get even more info from when the sites update.

TVNavi is probably going to be a mashup of things. Random channels starring news reports, telenovelas, the item corner with Watchy Watchog from Unova, and some teachyTV-themed channels for the sake of reminding the player how to survive in the pokemon world...in case you can't figure out the best practices on your own.
My guess is they planned to make TVNavi as broad and largely useless as irl TV, save for the few good thriller shows and actually scientific specials on Discovery(And also in the form of a mobile tv app). It makes the Pokemon world feel more robust and relatable when you can flip through trash tv and documentaries, but as a way to break from the main game.
~just like real life~

But other than that, the way they grouped and named everything in the MultiNavi reminds me of the convoluted start/selection screen in SSB4.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
TVNavi is probably going to be a mashup of things. Random channels starring news reports, telenovelas, the item corner with Watchy Watchog from Unova, and some teachyTV-themed channels for the sake of reminding the player how to survive in the pokemon world...in case you can't figure out the best practices on your own.
My guess is they planned to make TVNavi as broad and largely useless as irl TV, save for the few good thriller shows and actually scientific specials on Discovery(And also in the form of a mobile tv app). It makes the Pokemon world feel more robust and relatable when you can flip through trash tv and documentaries, but as a way to break from the main game.
~just like real life~

But other than that, the way they grouped and named everything in the MultiNavi reminds me of the convoluted start/selection screen in SSB4.
Uggh, the SSB4 menu... I had to look online to figure out how to complete one of the achievements due to the battle I needed was under like 4 or 5 layers of menu with no hint it was there.

Anyway, I don't see the point of having the TV then, but I can't really argue being its called TVNavi, nothing else to really take from that. I guess player will mostly have it on the PlayNavi anyway if the options are really just what they say they are.

Uggh, the SSB4 menu... I had to look online to figure out how to complete one of the achievements due to the battle I needed was under like 4 or 5 layers of menu with no hint it was there.

Anyway, I don't see the point of having the TV then, but I can't really argue being its called TVNavi, nothing else to really take from that. I guess player will mostly have it on the PlayNavi anyway if the options are really just what they say they are.
You really don't have to keep openly disregarding it. It's TV, it's value is equal to the strength of your addiction to it.
And I'm only suggesting that they put it there for the same reason Apple makes Youtube a default app. It humanizes and rounds out your experience with their interface. Relatability is important to games like it is to writing characters in a book or a show. It's not always super exciting, but that's life.
~the life of a trainer~

Though I'm curious as to whether or not you have the MultiNavi on the bottom screen at all times, like the C-Gear/Poketch, or if you have to boot it up from the start menu, like the Pokegear/original Pokenav. With all the new features they crammed into it, you'd probably want it constantly active so you don't always have to hit Start->Navi->PlayNavi->PokeAmie->Play just to play around with your team, or whatever you want to do.

Is anyone else annoyed by M-Pidgeot's non-symmetrical crest feathers?

(is this the right sub-forum to talk about this? lol)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I suggest we tread lightly here and stop spitting out absolutes without any sort of backing to them. We are not GF, and only GF knows what will be in ORAS. Remember the last time someone thought something was absolute, such as "no new moves being added in the middle of a generation" - huh, Cobraroll, er... I mean, Codraroll?
Yeah but I'm not doing any bets.

Because I know I'm right.

And because Flygon fans getting mad for Beedrill/Pidgeot getting Megas is really, REALLY annoying.

In my opinion, Gamefreak seems to be focusing on improving more lackluster Pokemon for ORAS Megas; in XY the majority of Megas were fan-favorites, like the Kanto starters, Blaziken, Absol, Scizor, etc. Off the top of my head, the only ones that came out of left field were Abomasnow and Banette (and maybe Kanghaskan, though it isn't so much unpopular as it wass overshadowed). Now that the "fan appeal" Megas have been taken care of, GF looks like it's giving more focus to some of the other, less-popular Pokemon--Beedrill, Audino, and Lopunny for example, or those who have been popular at one point, but have become overshadowed by later generation Pokemon recently--Pidgeot, Sharpedo, Camerupt. Granted there's still some Megas like Metagross and Salamence, but from what we have so far it seems that there will likely be some more "unexpected" Megas to come.

I feel like another Ice Mega is long overdue; while GF isn't exactly known for keeping the types balanced, they did seem to put the effort into having at least one Mega of every type by XY, so they almost certainly have noticed by now that types like Ice have paltry representation while others like Psychic and Dragon have plenty to spare; the only question is whether they will act on it (Glalie/Froslass/Walrein would be the most likely candidates, but if Beedrill or Pidgeot are anything to go by I'd hazard a guess at Jynx or Lapras).

You really don't have to keep openly disregarding it. It's TV, it's value is equal to the strength of your addiction to it.
And I'm only suggesting that they put it there for the same reason Apple makes Youtube a default app. It humanizes and rounds out your experience with their interface. Relatability is important to games like it is to writing characters in a book or a show. It's not always super exciting, but that's life.
~the life of a trainer~

Though I'm curious as to whether or not you have the MultiNavi on the bottom screen at all times, like the C-Gear/Poketch, or if you have to boot it up from the start menu, like the Pokegear/original Pokenav. With all the new features they crammed into it, you'd probably want it constantly active so you don't always have to hit Start->Navi->PlayNavi->PokeAmie->Play just to play around with your team, or whatever you want to do.
Please let it be bottom screen. I don't want to return to the dark, dark days of opening your Pokédex every time you switch route while searching for roamers.
Pokétch Marking Map 4 lyfe

Game freak can make any pokemon an uber after mwga evolution, no matter who is it, look about kanga, he was NU and now his mega is in Ubers! Milotic could be the best wall in OU if it would get the mega and the boost stats of sayble, as well as add him the fairy type, if they will not do it to him and flygon i will not be much sad because i know that in the next games more megas will come.

Yeah, would be cool if they gave us a small adventure to go through to catch the Event Legendary. They even have places set up for it like Chamber of Emptiness and the locked Power Plant doors.
There is nothing in the power plant. Those doors are just decorative. If every door in a video game led somewhere, games would never be released. The developers would never be able to finish the game.

Also why does everyone keep assuming Mega Flygon isn't happening? They're not revealing everything before the game comes out.

There is nothing in the power plant. Those doors are just decorative. If every door in a video game led somewhere, games would never be released. The developers would never be able to finish the game.

Also why does everyone keep assuming Mega Flygon isn't happening? They're not revealing everything before the game comes out.
They just want to troll Flygon fan I think.

Well they're taking ludicrous joy in revealing lots and lots of Mega Evolutions for OR/AS... Mega Flygon might not happen in this game, or it and at least one other will have theirs revealed next month either through CoroCoro or when people finally start getting the games in hand.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Please let it be bottom screen. I don't want to return to the dark, dark days of opening your Pokédex every time you switch route while searching for roamers.
Pokétch Marking Map 4 lyfe
Dark, dark days? Have you not gone for your Legendary Bird in XY?

I'm not asking for every door to lead somewhere, I'm talking about the 4 random doors placed around a barren area with a few seeming to lead to interesting looking areas. If you ask me they could maybe have them to do with Volcanion. I think XY is the first game that GameFreak can patch in new content if they want, and while they've only fixed bugs so far you never know what they have planned. Oh, and if they don't do anything with the door, then they don't do anything with the door. It just becomes another mystery of the Pokemon world that'll be left up to the players to imagine as we play the next generation of games.

Actually, those areas might have been a good place for them to add DLC, but being Nintendo seems adamant against doing DLC that's a moot point.

Well they're taking ludicrous joy in revealing lots and lots of Mega Evolutions for OR/AS... Mega Flygon might not happen in this game, or it and at least one other will have theirs revealed next month either through CoroCoro or when people finally start getting the games in hand.
On the other hand... Gardevoir, a Pokémon with equal if not more popularity than Flygon was not officially revealed to have a Mega until the game's release.
... well... until the leaks.

I think the main reason why people are assuming that the Power Plant leads somewhere is that the door explicitly mentions that they're locked if you try to open them. Gamefreak almost never puts doors on buildings that aren't accessible, which one can notice in many of the cities and towns in past generations. And even when they do, they're never interactable like the Power Plant ones are. The last time a room was locked without there being a way to access it in-game ended up giving us the Rotom Appliances, after all. Plus, the fact that someone in Lumiose City mentions that Heatran lives underneath the city, and the Power Plant seems like the only way to go underneath the city as of yet.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
On the other hand... Gardevoir, a Pokémon with equal if not more popularity than Flygon was not officially revealed to have a Mega until the game's release.
... well... until the leaks.
I have a question to ask everyone concerning the reveal of Mega Evolutions: Would you rather them reveal many Mega Evolutions, about half of them, or only a very small amount of them? I'm not asking about them creating Mega Evolutions, this is past that point and now it's being decided which ones to show to everyone before the games' release. I'm asking how many would you like to know about (if any)?

I think the main reason why people are assuming that the Power Plant leads somewhere is that the door explicitly mentions that they're locked if you try to open them. Gamefreak almost never puts doors on buildings that aren't accessible, which one can notice in many of the cities and towns in past generations. And even when they do, they're never interactable like the Power Plant ones are. The last time a room was locked without there being a way to access it in-game ended up giving us the Rotom Appliances, after all. Plus, the fact that someone in Lumiose City mentions that Heatran lives underneath the city, and the Power Plant seems like the only way to go underneath the city as of yet.
Actually the Heatran thing was a translation error. In the Japanese version the woman for some reason decided to mimic the sound of a Heatran for her friend to guess what it is. They didn't mention Heatran being found in Kalos. Yeah, I don't know why they chose Heatran of all Pokemon, but that's why the two woman are talking about it.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Absence of Mega Flygon in the wake of the reveal of Mega Pidgeot and Beedrill is disappointing, but I enjoy the designs of the latter regardless. I always thought Beedrill was cool and Mega Beedrill really only made it better. The plumage on Mega Pidgeot's head is probably the only defining part of its evolution.. not much going on there but at least it's stylish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)