ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link to a pastebin of what pokemon can be found on which routes?

EDIT: Found it. Was looking at the links in the post rather than the pastebin.
EDIT2: What do the ??? indications on the wild encounters mean? I'm seeing things like Lillipup, Zorua, and Frillish under that category. Also they couldn't bother to diversify the pokemon of the sea routes?
EDIT3: Compiling a list of pokemon that can be found in Hoenn that weren't previously there or by new methods.

Surfing

Tentacruel
Masquerain
Azumarill
Mantyke
Mantine

Fishing

Remoraid
Octillery
Corsola

Crawdaunt
Seadra
Whiscash

Grass, Caves, Diving

Gloom
Lanturn
Corsola
Sealeo
Ariados
Donphan (replaces Phanpy in Safari Zone)

Horde

Zigzagoon
Poochyena
Ralts
Lotad
Wingull
Taillow
Magnemite
Plusle / Minun (single and mixed hordes)
Sandshrew
Numel
Machop
Spinda
Skarmory
Swablu
Nincada
Skitty
Oddish
Roselia
Marill
Electrike
Kecleon
Shuppet
Zubat
Bagon
Whismur
Geodude
Makuhita
Aron
Sableye
Wurmple
Shroomish
Spoink
Grimer
Slugma
Meditite
Vulpix
Loudred
Spheal
Snorunt
Magnemite
Voltorb
Ariados
Golbat
Doduo
Psyduck

Likely Post-game Pokemon________________________________________________
Tangela
Glameow
Sunkern
Minccino
Petilil
Cherrim
Audino
Forretress
Happiny
Venomoth
Zebstrika
Darmanitan
Maractus
Persian
Munna
Ditto
Larvesta
Kricketune
Stantler
Rufflet
Magby
Elekid
Klink
Tynamo
Excadrill
Cofagrigus
Slowpoke
Unown

??? Method (this may be BuzzNav, Pokeradar, or something else but likely postgame findings; some of these pokemon are in locations that correspond to caves and water so I don't think its Pokeradar)

Lillipup
Zorua
Sewaddle
Gothita
Tympole
Shellos-1
Chatot
Pidove
Frillish
Clauncher
Krabby
Trubbish
Sandile
Dwebble
Gible
Ponyta
Sawk
Tyrogue
Scraggy
Klefki
Bouffalant
Skorupi
Misdreavus
Clefairy
Joltik
Eevee
Rattata
Deerling
Aipom
Luxio
Elgyem
Hypno
Finneon
Alomomola
Seel
Deino
Druddigon
Timburr
Axew
Onix
Cottonee
Paras
Phantump
Mankey
Roggenrola
Diglett
Bronzor
Growlithe
Cubchoo
Delibird
Kakuna
Pidgeotto
Buneary

So that covers it. I wonder what the ??? method is? As a sidenote, Ruby exclusives were notably absent from this list so we can assume that this dataset is from Alpha Sapphire. Sub in Seedot, Zangoose, etc, wherever their counterparts are.

Last edited:
(Stop me if this has been figured out)

So there are a few possible scenarios that you can use Soar, but the text on the official site doesn't specify whether or not you need to own Lati@s first. After completing the story quest of befriending your Lati and getting the Eon Flute, I see the following being plausible:
1. You can call Lati@s even if you haven't caught it (the site doesn't specify that you catch them right away, so they may still roam for a while). Having a full party doesn't matter.
2. You have to have Lati in your party and then use the Eon Flute.
3. You can use the Eon Flute even if you caught Lati and it's in the computer.

And while Soaring, you may or may not be able to train mega Lati. The method for using its new feature has too many unanswered questions still.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Looking at the hordes, it should be a lot easier to train. There is a route that has a 100% encounter rate for every stat.

100% HP Chance: Whismur Cave (Whismur)
100% Attack Chance: Mt Pyre (Shuppet)
100% Defense Chance: Route 111 (Sandshrew)
100% Special Attack Chance: Route 119 (Oddish)
100% Special Defense Chance: Route 114 (Swablu)
100% Speed Chance: Route 104 (Zigzagoon/Taillow)

(Stop me if this has been figured out)

So there are a few possible scenarios that you can use Soar, but the text on the official site doesn't specify whether or not you need to own Lati@s first. After completing the story quest of befriending your Lati and getting the Eon Flute, I see the following being plausible:
1. You can call Lati@s even if you haven't caught it (the site doesn't specify that you catch them right away, so they may still roam for a while). Having a full party doesn't matter.
2. You have to have Lati in your party and then use the Eon Flute.
3. You can use the Eon Flute even if you caught Lati and it's in the computer.

And while Soaring, you may or may not be able to train mega Lati. The method for using its new feature has too many unanswered questions still.
Wasn't there a Video Game Freak/Nintendo released where it shows you simply being given Latias/Latios with Steven next to you Saying " It seems _____ wants to join you."?

EDIT: Found the screen shot, The Lati's Join you. They do not roam.

Looking at the hordes, it should be a lot easier to train. There is a route that has a 100% encounter rate for every stat.

That is... just beautiful.
But here's a question: is there anywhere like Restaurant Le Wow where it's easy to just grind levels? That's the one thing I'm worried about upon moving from Kalos to Hoenn.

It would be even more perfect if it doesn't rain on most/all of them. The X/Y Wepinbell/Arbok route screwed me lots of times with rain when training for Atk EVs.

E4 rematches are all level 70-77. That's a lot higher than Le Wow and you don't have to pay anything to enter the E4.
True, but Restaurant Le Wow also had free healing after each battle, the battles actually being easy, being easy to just do them over and over without needing access to Fly all the time and were triple battles, making it easier to grind.

While that's great for AS (assuming the Hoenn version exclusives stay the same), wouldn't OR have Duskull Hordes instead? While Shuppet and Duskull are not version exclusives per se, they did have mirrored encounter tables, and I'd expect that to stay the same

Wasn't there a Video Game Freak/Nintendo released where it shows you simply being given Latias/Latios with Steven next to you Saying " It seems _____ wants to join you."?

EDIT: Found the screen shot, The Lati's Join you. They do not roam.
"Partway through your adventure, you’ll become able to Soar in the sky. Gaze down over the wide Hoenn region as you Soar freely wherever you wish!

Try using the Eon Flute, obtained during your adventure, in the field. Latios or Latias will come to pick you up, and you’ll be able to take off on its back to Soar the skies. Prepare to be awed by the spectacle of Latios or Latias Mega Evolving in the air"

I hate the way they word everything.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Street Thug Rice - 846
======
Pokemon: 3
Ditto (Lv. 65) Iron Ball
Ditto (Lv. 65) Iron Ball
Ditto (Lv. 65) Iron Ball
Really? This looks like a job for Zoroark.

Elite Four Sidney - 909
======
Pokemon: 6
Scrafty (Lv. 70)
Shiftry (Lv. 70)
Sharpedo (Lv. 70)
Zoroark (Lv. 70)
Mandibuzz (Lv. 70)
Absol (Lv. 72) Absolite
======
Elite Four Phoebe - 910
======
Banette (Lv. 71)
Mismagius (Lv. 71)
Drifblim (Lv. 71)
Chandelure (Lv. 71)
Dusknoir (Lv. 71)
Sableye (Lv. 73) @[~ 754]
======
Elite Four Glacia - 911
======
Abomasnow (Lv. 72)
Beartic (Lv. 72)
Froslass (Lv. 72)
Vanilluxe (Lv. 72)
Walrein (Lv. 72)
Glalie (Lv. 74) @Glalitite
======
Elite Four Drake - 912
======
Altaria (Lv. 73)
Dragalge (Lv. 73)
Kingdra (Lv. 73)
Flygon (Lv. 73)
Haxorus (Lv. 73)
Salamence (Lv. 75) @[~ 769]
Wait... WHAT? ELITE FOUR MEGA REMATCHES!

Aqua Admin Matt - 687
======
Pokemon: 1
Sharpedo (Lv. 55) @[~ 759]
======
Magma Admin Courtney - 698
======
Pokemon: 1
Camerupt (Lv. 55) @[~ 767]
Mega Admins?

Lorekeeper Zinnia - 713
======
Pokemon: 5
Goodra (Lv. 60)
Noivern (Lv. 60)
Altaria (Lv. 60)
Tyrantrum (Lv. 60)
Salamence (Lv. 62) @[~ 769]
... Who are you?

Posting this again so people see it, the page has updated since my last edit. I put together a list of all pokemon in Hoenn that were not previously available or can now be found by different encounter methods.

Surfing

Tentacruel
Masquerain
Azumarill
Mantyke
Mantine

Fishing

Remoraid
Octillery
Corsola

Crawdaunt
Seadra
Whiscash

Grass, Caves, Diving

Gloom
Lanturn
Corsola
Sealeo
Ariados
Donphan (replaces Phanpy in Safari Zone)

Horde

Zigzagoon
Poochyena
Ralts
Lotad
Wingull
Taillow
Magnemite
Plusle / Minun (single and mixed hordes)
Sandshrew
Numel
Machop
Spinda
Skarmory
Swablu
Nincada
Skitty
Oddish
Roselia
Marill
Electrike
Kecleon
Shuppet
Zubat
Bagon
Whismur
Geodude
Makuhita
Aron
Sableye
Wurmple
Shroomish
Spoink
Grimer
Slugma
Meditite
Vulpix
Loudred
Spheal
Snorunt
Magnemite
Voltorb
Ariados
Golbat
Doduo
Psyduck

Likely Post-game Pokemon________________________________________________
Tangela
Glameow
Sunkern
Minccino
Petilil
Cherrim
Audino
Forretress
Happiny
Venomoth
Zebstrika
Darmanitan
Maractus
Persian
Munna
Ditto
Larvesta
Kricketune
Stantler
Rufflet
Magby
Elekid
Klink
Tynamo
Excadrill
Cofagrigus
Slowpoke
Unown

??? Method (this may be BuzzNav, Pokeradar, or something else but likely postgame findings; some of these pokemon are in locations that correspond to caves and water so I don't think its Pokeradar)

Lillipup
Zorua
Sewaddle
Gothita
Tympole
Shellos-1
Chatot
Pidove
Frillish
Clauncher
Krabby
Trubbish
Sandile
Dwebble
Gible
Ponyta
Sawk
Tyrogue
Scraggy
Klefki
Bouffalant
Skorupi
Misdreavus
Clefairy
Joltik
Eevee
Rattata
Deerling
Aipom
Luxio
Elgyem
Hypno
Finneon
Alomomola
Seel
Deino
Druddigon
Timburr
Axew
Onix
Cottonee
Paras
Phantump
Mankey
Roggenrola
Diglett
Bronzor
Growlithe
Cubchoo
Delibird
Kakuna
Pidgeotto
Buneary

So that covers it. I wonder what the ??? method is? As a sidenote, Ruby exclusives were notably absent from this list so we can assume that this dataset is from Alpha Sapphire. Sub in Seedot, Zangoose, etc, wherever their counterparts are.

"I'm not the champion anymore? Then I become a Jojo's Bizarre adventure character!"

Stand Master: Wallace
Stand: Milotic
Taroth card: The Empress/The Magician.

On topic: have to love those move tutors!!!

I hope are more and new megas.
Also those update on level up moves are amaizing.

Edit: How I can hide content? Since the "
" tag doesn't work?

Last edited:
Is there a compounded list of all moveset changes and additions from level up, egg move, and tutors? I'm tired of trying to spot the difference in comparing this data with current pokedex entries. Even listing simple additions would help greatly.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay, enough messing around, let me get to some posts I've been meaning to do:

Having gone over all the Mega Pokemon, they aren't the only "new" Pokemon. Listed along with them was another Pokemon who seems to go through a transformation, Hoopa. Hoopa's one of the Gen VI Event Legendaries, probably the next up to be released, so it's a bit of a surprise to see it here:

Hoopa:
Type:
Psychic/Dark
Ability: Magician
Norm: 80/110/60/150/130/70//600
????: 80/160/60/170/130/80//680
Changes: 0/+50/0/+20/0/+10//+80
Opinion: Now right away something's off. A Mega Pokemon gets +100 to their BST (only exception is Alakazam but that was a mistake since in Gen VI normal Alakazam got its BST increased by 10. Hmm, maybe someone should check to see if that's been corrected). However Hoopa's only been increased by +80. In addition, here's what this new Hoopa look like:

It's quite the different, so much so that I'm going to say that it doesn't look like a Mega Evolution. Now I know GameFreak hadn't cemented what a typical Mega Evolution looks like, but from what we've seen the Mega Pokemon still generally recognizable at that Pokemon. However this new Hoopa looks NOTHING like normal Hoopa, or at least it barely does. Thus its assumed it might actually be a new Forme. A hint to this is that its Ability is still Magician, an Ability completely useless on a Mega Pokemon. Say what you may want about some Abilities that a few Mega Pokemon got, but at least all of them did something even if it was situational. However Magician is completely unusable with a Mega Pokemon and I would think GameFreak would be careful not to give a Mega Pokemon an Ability it cannot use.
Anyway this "Super" Hoopa may not be a Mega Pokemon but it has the stats to match one. It's a major offensive Pokemon that hits hard no matter what it does, though it does have a slightly higher Special Attack. Its Speed was also increased but that's barely noticeable since it only went up to 80. It has high Special Defense but low Defense meaning you'll need to keep an eye on which Pokemon your opponent sends out as a good Physical attack may take it out. And eitherway watch out for Bug-type moves.
I can't really say anything design wise since I have no idea what normal Hoopa is. Bulbapedia and TvTropes are pretending it doesn't exist so I can't just look it up, and now whenever I type in "Pokemon Hoopa" into a search engine its flooded with "Meg Hoopa REVEALED!" news. Serebii has its Pokedex entry so I know it can create timespace holes with its hoop (I'm guessing the one on its forehead), but that doesn't tell me what it's based on. I think I remember somewhere that it might have to do with Buddhism but not sure how since I don't know much about the religion. Anyway, if you look close enough at "Super" Hoopa you can sort of see how it relates to it. The color scheme, floating arms, hoops, horns, and hair bun. But yeah, I have no clue. Maybe someone can help me out?

New Mega Pokemon wasn't the only new thing ORAS had over XY, there were also a few new signature moves for the Weather Trio... AND "Super" Hoopa too!

Primal Groudon's: Precipice Blades. Ground. Physical. 85% Accuracy. 120 BP. 10 PP.
Primal Kyogre's: Origin Pulse. Water. Special. 85% Accuracy. 110 Power. 10 PP.
Mega Rayquaza's: Dragon Ascent. Flying. Physical. 100% Accuracy. 120 BP. 5 PP. Secondary Effect present but unknown.
"Super" Hoopa's: Hyperspace Fury. Dark. Special. 101% Accuracy. 100 BP. 5 PP. Always hits. Another Effect is present but unknown.

Now something odd right off the bat is that Kyogre's Signature Move is 10 Power lower than Groudon's. While odd at first, remember that GameFreak decreased the power of a lot of powerful Special Moves this Gen while no touching powerful Physical Moves. It's an odd choice to be sure since they're both suppose to be equal, but there is an existing reason. But even if its weaker they're both still plenty powerful. They're basically Fire Blast clones and any of them would be glad to have it, if they don't mind a 15% chance of missing.
Mega Rayquaza's move is rather interesting, even if what they advertised about it being a bit of a lie. Still, 120 is pretty powerful and with a 100% Accuracy it doesn't have the problems of Primal Groudon & Kyogre's signature move. Of course that has to come with a price, I'm guessing that either Rayquaza takes recoil damage from this or its stats are decreased in some way. I'm more leaning toward the latter as the former would make it exactly like Brave Bird, so I'm going to go with it being a Close Combat clone of it decreasing its Defensive stats. Makes sense for Rayquaza.
Now the interesting thing here is that Hoopa already had a Signature Move, Hyperspace Hole (Psychic. Special. 100% Accuracy. 80 Power. 5 PP. Hits through Protect & detect). If "Super" Hoopa keeps Hoopa's normal signature move, this means Hoopa has a signature move for both its STAB which could be quite useful.Of course with Hyperspace Hole some may prefer to go with the higher powered Psychic, but Hyperspace Fury has nothing better then it (though Dark Pulse does have more PP). However with it being so good there's question what that other effect is. Probably something negative, had it just be a 100 Power move it would be fine but giving it the ability to never miss means something negative needs to be applies to balance it out (and giving Dark Pulse another reason to be used). No idea what this second effect could be though.

Finally to end this off, my quick opinions of the Shiny versions of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza:

I both like and dislike it. For Mega Rayquaza nothing really changed, normal Shiny Rayquaza was also the same color scheme of black with yellow lines. But for Groudon and Kyogre this is a difference as normal Shiny Groudon was yellow/gold and normal Shiny Kyogre was pink:

Now the black and yellow is a nice color combination and them looking like Mega Rayquaza sort of shows they've risen to a level to where they're sort of equal to it, making them all look uniformed. But at the same time, they sort of lose some individuality to them. I think if they sort of stuck with the same shiny color scheme they might have been able to do something neat with them, like with Groudon they could have made it yellow with red magma and for Kyogre they could have made the transparent parts inside of it blue. But there's no point in speculating what they would look like now. So overall they look good, but kind of a shame Groudon and Kyogre lost their individual Shiny colors.

Nest post I'll go over the trainer art, including the designs of the remaining Gym Leaders and Elite Four!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)