Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the Viability Rank Thread not equal to Showdown?

I mean Deoxys S is A Rank in the Thread, but on Shodown it's not even OverUsed..
Because OU is based on Usage, a Pokemon has to have a certain amount of usage to be OU, somewhere around 3% if I remember correctly, if it fails to meet that criteria it drops down a tier, but plenty of UU Pokemon are OU Viable as Usage does not equal viability, so Deoxys S in this case is UU but is plenty viable in OU, it's even having a Suspect Test ATM with Lucarionite and Genesect.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
What would be the optimal EV Spread for a Mega Scizor? I ask it because it's a peculiar case, it's bulkier then Skarmory and has recovery, but the lack of a item really hinders Mega Scizor, so I ask what kind of EV Spread would allow him to reach his fullest potential.
Really depends on what you want to do with Scizor you can use it as a bulky tank with Defog support or as a sweper with SD. Generally you want to invest a lot in HP and depending on the set you either invest in Atk or SDef, that doesn't mean that SD sets should only invest in atk and that defensive sets should only invest in SDef but you can find more answers in the Scizor analysis.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/scizor-qc-0-3.3495130/

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can RNG manipulation be done with Gen 4 and 5 games on a 3DS?
Yes, but make sure to synch up the game clock with an external clock because iirc there is no seconds reading on the top screen of the 3DS. For that reason alone I prefer using a DS lite, but yes it's perfectly doable on a 3DS.

i need a bold togekiss with defog male preferred, in return i can give you a jolly perfect arceus (I have an extra lol) with pokerus, timid palkia, a jolly mewtwo that can be used as mewtwo x, or a latios with hp fire. all are 6 iv. please pm if interested

All i really need is a togekiss with defog, in return i can give you a jolly perfect arceus (I have an extra lol) with pokerus, timid palkia, a jolly mewtwo that can be used as mewtwo x, or a latios with hp fire. all are 6 iv. please pm if interested

If I want to MM for a pentaperfect roselia should I..

be using 2 6 IV parents
a 5 IV 0 Atk + 6 IV parent
or 2 5IV 0 Atk IV parents?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
any reason to this?
2 6s would mean guaranteed 5.
2 5ivs 0 atk would guarantee..uh 5 correct ivs? 4 31s + 0 atk or 5 31s?

i think thats right.
You said one 5IV 0Atk and one 6IV.. not two 5IV 0Atk..

If you have one 5IV 0Atk and one 6IV, then it's better to do that because having 0 Atk Roserade is better than 31 Atk Roserade, unless you're aiming for a specific Hidden Power or something.

If you don't have said parents, then two 6IVs are still good enough. The 0 Atk IV doesn't matter most of the time, anyway.

You said one 5IV 0Atk and one 6IV.. not two 5IV 0Atk..

If you have one 5IV 0Atk and one 6IV, then it's better to do that because having 0 Atk Roserade is better than 31 Atk Roserade, unless you're aiming for a specific Hidden Power or something.

If you don't have said parents, then two 6IVs are still good enough. The 0 Atk IV doesn't matter most of the time, anyway.
Hmm? I did mention 3 options for breeding parents.

If I want to MM for a pentaperfect roselia should I..

be using 2 6 IV parents
a 5 IV 0 Atk + 6 IV parent
or 2 5IV 0 Atk IV parents?
so 5iv 0 atk + 6iv or
2 5iv 0 atks?

Sorry for all the questions.

Hmm? I did mention 3 options for breeding parents.

so 5iv 0 atk + 6iv or
2 5iv 0 atks?

Sorry for all the questions.
It probably won't matter much, but I'd say use the 2 5IV 0 atks. If you look at it a bit differently, 5 IV 0 atk IS like a 6IV for you, and the 6IV is like a 5IV, because you don't want 31 Atk, you want 0 Atk. So the 2 5IV 0 Atks have exactly the IVs you want.

It probably won't matter much, but I'd say use the 2 5IV 0 atks. If you look at it a bit differently, 5 IV 0 atk IS like a 6IV for you, and the 6IV is like a 5IV, because you don't want 31 Atk, you want 0 Atk. So the 2 5IV 0 Atks have exactly the IVs you want.
So.. the probability of me of getting a perfect (or imperfect) is pretty much the same?
I can get 4 31s and 0 atk vs 5 iv but 31 atk, right?
Over a perfect 31/0/31/31/31/31 or 31/x/31/31/31/31.

The question being which chance do I take I guess?

So.. the probability of me of getting a perfect (or imperfect) is pretty much the same?
I can get 4 31s and 0 atk vs 5 iv but 31 atk, right?
Over a perfect 31/0/31/31/31/31 or 31/x/31/31/31/31.

The question being which chance do I take I guess?
Well you obviously want the game to use the destiny knot to pass through the 5 IVs other than Atk, because having those at 31 is more important than attack at 0. But, if by chance you do get a shiny that carried the attack over, you'd want the parents to have been the 31/0/31/31/31/31s, not the 6IV, because then you would carry over the 0 atk and not the 31 atk. Getting a 31/0/31/31/31/31 child will be 1/31 chance, because you'll have one IV randomized (with the others being exactly as you want them) and a 1/31 chance that the random IV will be what you want it to be.

If you used the 6 IV one, then you have to worry about the game picking the 31 Attack IV which would mean you could have 31 Attack AND another IV you don't want. Remember you're going until you get a shiny, which may mean you have to make a sacrifice. You'll want as many of the other IVs to be exactly as you want as possible.

Well you obviously want the game to use the destiny knot to pass through the 5 IVs other than Atk, because having those at 31 is more important than attack at 0. But, if by chance you do get a shiny that carried the attack over, you'd want the parents to have been the 31/0/31/31/31/31s, not the 6IV, because then you would carry over the 0 atk and not the 31 atk. Getting a 31/0/31/31/31/31 child will be 1/31 chance, because you'll have one IV randomized (with the others being exactly as you want them) and a 1/31 chance that the random IV will be what you want it to be.

If you used the 6 IV one, then you have to worry about the game picking the 31 Attack IV which would mean you could have 31 Attack AND another IV you don't want. Remember you're going until you get a shiny, which may mean you have to make a sacrifice. You'll want as many of the other IVs to be exactly as you want as possible.
Honestly, I'm fine as long as the game doesn't place 31 in atk. Could be 10, could be 1, could be 20. Long as it isn't 31 and the other 5 are 31, I'm fine.
My question to you (because I'm stupid) is if the chance of getting a perfect (or imperfect) is the same between the two? And which parents would you recommend?

Honestly, I'm fine as long as the game doesn't place 31 in atk. Could be 10, could be 1, could be 20. Long as it isn't 31 and the other 5 are 31, I'm fine.
My question to you (because I'm stupid) is if the chance of getting a perfect (or imperfect) is the same between the two? And which parents would you recommend?
Go with the 31/0/31/31/31/31 and the 31/0/31/31/31/31 as parents. With those two you are guaranteed to get 5 IVs that you want with a 1/32 chance of getting the 6th. With 31/31/31/31/31/31 and 31/0/31/31/31/31, the game has a 5/6 chance to pass on the Attack IV and 1/2 of those 5/6 will be the 31, so instead of a 1/32 chance of getting the best possible, you have a (1/32)*(7/12) (the 7/12 is the chance of not getting 31 Attack passed on) chance to get the best possible, meaning it is the difference between 1/32 chance and 7/384 chance.

Go with the 31/0/31/31/31/31 and the 31/0/31/31/31/31 as parents. With those two you are guaranteed to get 5 IVs that you want with a 1/32 chance of getting the 6th. With 31/31/31/31/31/31 and 31/0/31/31/31/31, the game has a 5/6 chance to pass on the Attack IV and 1/2 of those 5/6 will be the 31, so instead of a 1/32 chance of getting the best possible, you have a (1/32)*(7/12) (the 7/12 is the chance of not getting 31 Attack passed on) chance to get the best possible, meaning it is the difference between 1/32 chance and 7/384 chance.
So then 2 5iv 0 atk good, mix of 5 and 6 bad. Alrighty then.
Dang, should have picked a physical attacker to MM, haha.

So then 2 5iv 0 atk good, mix of 5 and 6 bad. Alrighty then.
Dang, should have picked a physical attacker to MM, haha.
Mix of 5 and 6 isn't horrible, it's just that 0 Atk is slightly better, just because you can reduce Foul Play's damage.

For reference:

+2 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 107-126 (40.8 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 130-153 (49.6 - 58.3%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

That's the difference between 0 Atk and 31 Atk on a non-STAB user of Foul Play. So that 0 Atk IV is pretty nice if you can get it, especially in a case like this where it's the difference between a 2HKO being probable or impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)