Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the upcoming ORAS will all the new mega evolutions be exclusive in OU or will they be in the same tier as their pokemon until the tier shift?
Same tier as they are now. For example, you can use Mega Glalie in ORAS NU when it comes out.

What's the best EV spread for Rhyperior in the OU metagame?
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

I'm interested in participating in tours but I'm not really sure where to go. Tried looking trough the forums but I only find threads saying who won. Lol any help would be greatly appreciated.
Small tournaments are often held in rooms on Pokemon Showdown. If you're looking for larger, long-term tournaments, the Tournaments forum on Smogon has you covered, but you may have to check on the forum several days in a row to catch a tour in its signup phase.

Considering I haven't used Jirachi in a while (since BW2), does it still play the same role as it does then (read: parahax and annoy Lati@s)? What are the traits that separate it and Bronzong from each other?

Considering I haven't used Jirachi in a while (since BW2), does it still play the same role as it does then (read: parahax and annoy Lati@s)? What are the traits that separate it and Bronzong from each other?
Rachi has a deeper movepool, less bulk, and more power and speed. Jirachi fits better on more offensive teams, where Bronzing fits on more defensive teams. Jirachi also gets U-Turn and a Scarf for interesting momentum grabbing.

What is the best last move on an offensive SD Chomp: Fire Fang, Fire Blast, Or something else?
You could run Stealth Rock if you need to fit it somewhere, otherwise Fire Blast works well.

It can do multiple things (offensive EB sets, scarf sets, wistprotect sets, sr sets, subtoxic sets, etc), but yes, it still annoys the hell out of Lati@s and often abuses Iron Head flinches.

It differentiates itself from Bronzong with its access to reliable recovery + much more diversity (it can be offensive, defensive, etc). Bronzong differentiates itself thanks to its Ground immunity, which lets it beat Chomp, Lando, Drill, etc: all things Rachi cannot.

Is there any way or place to get legends rise and such to use in-game? I have no way of getting something like Landorus with perfect IV's and a good nature, so I was just wondering if there was a way to get something like this

Is there any way or place to get legends rise and such to use in-game? I have no way of getting something like Landorus with perfect IV's and a good nature, so I was just wondering if there was a way to get something like this
I'm not sure what you mean by "legends rise", but the only way to get legendary Pokemon with a good nature and perfect IVs is through hacking / pokegen or a lot of RNG abuse.

I'm not sure what you mean by "legends rise", but the only way to get legendary Pokemon with a good nature and perfect IVs is through hacking / pokegen or a lot of RNG abuse.
Sorry about that. Stupid autocorrect.

And is any of that allowed when battling other people in-game? If not, I can live without it, but if so, where would I go to learn more about those?

Thank you, btw

Sorry about that. Stupid autocorrect.

And is any of that allowed when battling other people in-game? If not, I can live without it, but if so, where would I go to learn more about those?

Thank you, btw
There aren't many specific restrictions for battling in game, but when you battle someone it is best to clarify with them first if you are using hacked / illegitimate Pokemon. I would check out the wifi subforums suggested above.

You might want to check out the battle spot forum for battling on cart -- EnGarde does pokemon giveaways over there as well, and I know she has a lando-t

Rycbar I have an adamant landorus-t, and I'll send it to you for competitive use. It's fully trained for playing at level 50, and I'll send it equipped with a choice scarf. This is very important: please make sure you read the rules on the OP (specifically, post a pokemon on GTS before replying to the thread, it makes things move faster) and post on my distribution thread (the link is in my signature). I might not see it if you post asking anywhere else.

---

To the rest of the community: my distribution's primary focus is to put fully trained flawless pokemon in the hands of competitive players primarily to raise awareness and Smogon's level of skill in battle spot. I'll also send pokemon to people who would like to play OU or other formats on-cartridge. Please note all pokemon are trained for use at level 50, so some might need to have their EV spreads altered, and some might need to be leveled up to 100 for standard OU play. I just ask that you try one of the battle spot formats as well, and see if you like it. The matches tend to be very quick and a lot of fun. Feel free to join in the discussion here (link).

Last edited:
can someone help me set a gif as my profile pic?

I think it explains itself.
As you are not a badged user, it has to be very compromised (under 100 kB). There are many great GIFs on pages like AvatarDB though, see if you find anything you like there. Then you just save it as a .GIF, and upload to your avatar like a normal picture.

How do OU bans impact other tiers? I've been skimming the potential suspect thread in VR and some people elude to a BP ban impacting lower tiers. Which tiers would it impact, and could it potentially not impact lower tiers if BP (or Evasion, or Swagger, etc.) was banned? For example, say OU banned BP. Could NU or LC still allow it?

What's so great about running Adamant ZardX if it's easily beaten by scarf lando?
I dont know of any calcs off the top of my head, but its just for a boost in power. However, Jolly zard X has gained in popularity for its ability to not be revenge killed by scarf Lando-t.

What's so great about running Adamant ZardX if it's easily beaten by scarf lando?
Adamant gives Char-X 394 Attack, Jolly gives it 359. So after a DD you're looking at 591 with Adamant, compared to 538. The difference may seems small at first, but after add in DD and Tough Claws percentage boosts it adds up quickly. You can carry Landorus-T checks or counters if you run Adamant, they aren't that hard to find/fit.

Adamant gives Char-X 394 Attack, Jolly gives it 359. So after a DD you're looking at 591 with Adamant, compared to 538. The difference may seems small at first, but after add in DD and Tough Claws percentage boosts it adds up quickly. You can carry Landorus-T checks or counters if you run Adamant, they aren't that hard to find/fit.

Are there any notable 2hko's/ohko's that change going from adamant to jolly?

Are there any notable 2hko's/ohko's that change going from adamant to jolly?
Not really, but you do less to the likes of Heatran, Slowbro, Defensive Landorus-T etc., which can be quite troublesome. It depends on team matchup, really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back