Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best spread and item for a dedicated passer Scolipede (BP/SD/Sub/Megahorn)?

(Hey, hundredth post!)
Ksh13 I prefer to ask here because the dex tends to be at least a bit outdated. Thanks, though.

Last edited:
What's the best spread and item for a dedicated passer Scolipede (BP/SD/Sub/Megahorn)?
According to the strategy dex (which you should definetly consult next time before asking here), Mental Herb with the spread 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe and Timid nature. Also Protect over Megahorn since Mental Herb anyways stops Taunt users.

are teams built around mega gallade and mega heracross only effective against stall/bulky teams?
Not necessarily. While Mega Gallade and Mega Heracross based cores tend to be offensive wallbreaking cores, the team as a whole should be able to stand up to any archetype (ideally). It's just a matter of filling out the other 3-4 teamslots to deal with other archetypes.

Hello, apologies, is mew a decent defogger in the current metagame? I'm considering running one to alleviate a few weaknesses, and can't afford to run latios or a spinner. Thanks in advance!

Hello, apologies, is mew a decent defogger in the current metagame? I'm considering running one to alleviate a few weaknesses, and can't afford to run latios or a spinner. Thanks in advance!
Mew works pretty well to my knowledge, just be aware that it is extremely passive with the hazard control set (relying on WoW mostly for damage), so just be prepared to grab momentum back if the opponent exploits the Defog turn, and as many others have to, be very wary of Pursuit Trapping (though Mew alleviates this more thanks to WoW)

Should I run psyshock on an all out attacker diancie or should I just go safe and include protect.

I know it's a question of whether I want to defeat mega venusaur and chansey mor easily or have a safe mega evolution, but which is more important?

Should I run psyshock on an all out attacker diancie or should I just go safe and include protect.

I know it's a question of whether I want to defeat mega venusaur and chansey mor easily or have a safe mega evolution, but which is more important?
Psyshock really won't let you beat Chansey anyways:
252 SpA Mega Diancie Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 136-160 (21.1 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 216-255 (33.6 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It can only 2HKO offensive Mega Venusaur:
252 SpA Mega Diancie Psyshock vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 170-202 (47.3 - 56.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Diancie Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 128-152 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Protect would be much better.

Unless your team is REALLY troubled by those two, you really need Protect, or Diancie will have a very hard time going Mega against anything remotely offensive.

Edit: ninja'd

Use Sharpen Diamond Storm with 132 Atk EVs to 2HKO Chansey and Mega Venusaur while still 2HKOing Clefable :P

+1 132 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 351-414 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 132 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 222-262 (61.8 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
124 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I forgot who posted that set before but the set is

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 132 Atk / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Sharpen

EDIT: Protect gives you a safe Mega turn but Sharpen allows you to muscle past your checks and counters (provided they are weakened already). It depends on the structure of your team

Use Sharpen Diamond Storm with 132 Atk EVs to 2HKO Chansey and Mega Venusaur while still 2HKOing Clefable :P

+1 132 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 351-414 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 132 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 222-262 (61.8 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
124 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I forgot who posted that set before but the set is

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 132 Atk / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Sharpen

EDIT: Protect gives you a safe Mega turn but Sharpen allows you to muscle past your checks and counters (provided they are weakened already). It depends on the structure of your team
Protect w/ Moonblast, Diamond Storm and Earth Power is the standard all out attacker set. Protect helps to scout for moves as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back