Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (XY)

If you're thinking of making a topic that can be answered with one post, please post it here instead. New threads should be for discussion! Please note that all questions here are for XY-related questions. If you have a question about Pokemon in general, ask it in the Global SQSA thread.

When posting in this thread, follow the following guidelines:

1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
  2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.
  3. At least do a simple google search before asking the question here.
  4. Do not ask for Action Replay or other external device codes. Use Google for that.
  5. Remember that in-game questions should be asked in Orange Islands, specifically in this thread.

New type match-up chart.
Gen 6 IVs calculator.
Mentorship Forum for new users to get acquainted with Smogon

FAQ

Where can I find the Evolution Stones

-You can get the evolution stones from secret super training

Last edited by a moderator:
My Copy arrived today, I'm 100% spoiler free, so no spoilers aside from the answer to my question pls.

On the backside of the game, it says that the game is not compatible with other Pokémon games. Does that mean there's a full reset in connectivity like in Gen III where you couldn't trade with older games at all?

They are releasing an App called Pokebank and Poketransfer which will let you transfer your Gen 5 mons to a cloud type online storage and then using this transfer them to X&Y however this feature is not available until December.

Will the Pokébank thingy have some sort of hack-protection? My girlfriend Action Replayed some of her Pokémon and now she's afraid she won't be able to transfer them. :D

The link Haunter posted takes you to the Nintendo site where they have FAQs, but they HAVE mentioned that only non-hacked pokemon will be transferrable. What checks they have in place to determine what is non hacked has yet to be determined.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I know the game will be released worldwide, but I'm sure that it will take some time to arrive to South America (maybe). Anyone has a link or some information about when will it be at stores in different countries?

I think most shops receive their stock over a week in advance. That's how the leaks have gotten out. So hopefully that applies to shops in South America as well.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
For simulation, are we going to allow all pokemon immediately or restrict usage of certain mons until December when Pokebank comes out?

Does anyone have base stats for the new pkmn yet? I'm looking for Charizard X/Y, Mewtwos, and the legendaries specifically.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
They're being worked on - you can periodically check the Pokemon's Research thread in the research forum to see if the base stats have been worked out.

Does anyone know of any way to get the games early in America? I know some european stores accidentally sent games too early and we all know Canada and Italy did what they did and I know in the past certain credit cards have allowed for you to get a game a day or two early but they don't seem to be doing it for X and Y. Any ideas or do I just wait for tomorrow?

Does anyone know of any way to get the games early in America? I know some european stores accidentally sent games too early and we all know Canada and Italy did what they did and I know in the past certain credit cards have allowed for you to get a game a day or two early but they don't seem to be doing it for X and Y. Any ideas or do I just wait for tomorrow?
some gamestops are having midnight releases and some broke release dates today, you can search gamestops website to find a midnight release near you

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone know if any of the guidebooks come with a complete Pokedex?
To the best of my knowledge no one has posted anything about the guidebook on the Internet yet. There'll be plenty of info on it I'm sure in a few hours, because of the midnight release that some GameStops are doing. (not my local one though ;_;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)